Skip to content

Pro Days

The Browns Board
16 5 2.0k
  • This is all very informative. In fact, for me, it is information overload. You have to be a glutton for punishment to peruse all this.

  • holy freaking crap nmills. that's way to much information to process.

  • Thanks for all of the info!

  • Browns | Worked out Iupati

    Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:27:46 -0700

    Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports the Cleveland Browns worked out University of Idaho OG Mike Iupati Monday, March 15.

    Browns | D. McCluster worked out

    Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:55:26 -0700

    Ed Thompson, of Scout.com, reports Mississippi RB Dexter McCluster had a private workout with the Cleveland Browns.

    "I caught punts and ran pass routes for the Browns and I just finished up my workout with the Jaguars," McCluster said. "Both went well. Both were impressed by my character and what I did on the field. It's all about showing them what I can do and what I'm all about."

    Browns | Scout puts Ford through some drills

    Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:23:46 -0800

    The Associated Press reports a Cleveland Browns scout took Clemson WR Jacoby Ford aside during Clemson's Pro Day to do some footwork drills.

    Browns | Cox interviews Neal

    Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:57:45 -0800

    Tyler Oberly, of NFL Draft Bible, reports Purdue DT Mike Neal interviewed with Cleveland Browns assistant coach Brian Cox at his Pro Day Friday, March 12.

    Browns | Spoke with Calloway

    Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:17:11 -0700

    Bo Marchionte, of NFLdraftbible.com, reports the Cleveland Browns spoke with Saginaw Valley State DT Robert Calloway after his Pro Day Wednesday. March 17.

    Browns | Scheduled to hold private workout with Tebow

    Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:30:59 -0700

    Matt Hayes, of SportingNews.com, reports the Cleveland Browns are scheduled to hold a private workout with University of Florida QB Tim Tebow. link (thanks Alo)

    Browns will work out TE Michael Hoomanawanui today.

    Wednesday, Hoomanawanui, who weighed in at 263 pounds, ran the 40 in 4.83 seconds and showed well in pass-catching drills. Today he holds a private workout for the Cleveland Browns. Upcoming are workouts for the Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens and Buffalo Bills. Benn drops 40 time at Pro Day

    Browns | Scheduled to meet with Gibson

    Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:55:46 -0700

    Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Cleveland Browns is scheduled to meet with Ohio State DE Thaddeus Gibson Thursday, April

    Browns | Could meet with Coleman

    Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:17:36 -0700

    Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns may meet with Ohio State S Kurt Coleman before the 2010 NFL Draft.

    Browns | Worked out Peters

    Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:26:57 -0700

    Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports the Cleveland Browns worked out University of Kentucky DT Corey Peters last week, according to a source.

    Browns | Small scheduled to meet

    Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:14:41 -0700

    Bo Marchionte, NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Cleveland Browns are scheduled to meet with Ohio State WR Ray Small in April.

    Browns talk to DB/KR Williams

    Bowling Green DB/KR Roger Williams III has spoke with 4 NFL teams Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs & New York Giants

    Kentucky DT Corey Peters working out for Browns today. Has future workouts with Patriots, Titans plus a Jets visit, per a source

  • A report from the West Virginia QB's pro day:

    The headliner at West Virginia's pro day workout was QB Jarrett Brown, who measured 6-foot-2⅞ and 222 pounds and looked thick and well-built up top.

    We've raved about Browns throwing motion and release for some time and he looked very good in this setting. He snapped the ball off with his over-the-top release and threw tight spirals that drove down the field when he let it rip, though the ball did flutter a bit when he seemed to aim the ball on some deeper routes and his accuracy suffered some.

    Still, Brown's arm strength is excellent and his footwork when dropping from under center is improving. He has better rhythm and timing in hid drops and the scouts in attendance were impressed with Brown's physical tools. He needs to improve his awareness of the blitz and ability to read coverages, and he must make quicker decisions, so Brown remains a project. He has one of the better physical skill sets among the 2010 quarterbacks, though, and has moved himself into the early part of the fourth round.

    According to my sources, the Browns had more scouts there than any other team. The Steelers also sent two of their scouts, so there's a good chance Brown will end up somewhere in the AFC North.

  • Report: Browns Monitoring LeGarrette Blount

    Written by NFL Draft Bible Friday, 19 March 2010 10:55

    LeGarrette Blount arrived for Oregon’s pro day Thursday at the Moshofsky Center with one goal in mind: Run fast and improve his stock for the upcoming NFL draft. The Oregon running back was pleased after posting an unofficial time of 4.54 in the 40-yard dash, nearly one tenth of a second faster than he ran last month at the NFL combine in Indianapolis. Running in shorts and without a shirt, Blount looked in shape at a muscular 238 pounds. “It was pretty nerve wracking at the combine, so many people watching you, the hype. You can’t relax at all,” Blount said. “Here I had familiar surroundings. I was more relaxed, more laid back.” Scouts from the Cleveland Browns and BC Lions of the Canadian Football League were in attendance. Regarded as one of the nation’s premier running backs entering the 2009 season, Blount’s senior season was derailed in the opener Sept. 3 at Boise State after he punched a Boise State player in a well-documented postgame meltdown.
  • Patrick Robinson Visits Cleveland

    by josh martin Contributor Written on March 19, 2010

    Florida State cornerback Patrick Robinson clocked a 4.38 in the 40-yard dash at the Seminoles' Pro Day workout.

    And he's scheduled to conduct a private workout for the Cleveland Browns next Tuesday.

    Robinson told National Football Post that he's scheduled to visit the Browns as well as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans, New York Jets and the Green Bay Packers.

    "I’m pretty satisfied with what I did at my workout," Robinson said today. "The teams said I did a good job. I just have to be consistent with what I'm doing. I think it's going pretty well. I'm trying to enjoy it."

    Robinson's workout was attended by San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary, Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Greg Mattison and Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, according to NFL.com.

    Robinson is regarded as a potential first-round draft pick.

    His official times were 4.40 and 4.44 seconds.

    He also had a 6.89 in the three-cone drill and a 4.29 short shuttle.

    The 5-foot-11, 190-pounder ran a 4.46 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine, also bench pressing 225 pounds 15 times and posted a 39-inch vertical leap and a 10-2 broad jump. He registered 47 tackles and 11 pass deflections last season and intercepted six passes back in 2007.

    "I would love to go in the first round," Robinson said. "It's been a while since we had someone go in the first round, so I would love to be the next one."

    Meanwhile, Florida State linebacker Dekoda Watson showed off his speed.

    He went down to 226 pounds after weighing 240 pounds at the scouting combine and dropped his 40-yard dash times to 4.40 and 4.46 seconds after running a 4.56 in Indianapolis.

    “I felt like I was a lot more comfortable here than what I was at the combine, where I didn’t know anybody," Watson said in an FSU press release. "Now I’m home with a lot of guys I played with and I’m used to seeing, like Mickey Andrews. It’s a good feeling to come out here and perform.

    “I was definitely interested in posting a better number, because I didn’t feel like I ran like I was supposed to at the combine. I wasn’t comfortable with the surroundings and the setting and looking at the film from the combine, I noticed that my knee lift wasn’t where it was supposed to be and knocked my 40 time down at the combine.

    As long as it was in that 4.4 range, I can’t be mad.”

    So lets all hope Cleveland gets him

  • You forgot Texas' pro day is March 29th (I'm 99% sure). It's always one of the later ones.

  • Posted by: Barry McBride

    on Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 12:16:00 PM

    Browns Work Out Utah OT

    Per Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post and Ravens Insider, the Cleveland Browns have worked out OL Zane Beadles of Utah.

    Beadles is a 6’4'”, 307 pound tackle who Chris Steuber ranks as #14 among all the offensive tackles available in this year’s draft. Here’s Beadle’s prospect profile from Steuber. Beadles has played left guard, but was moved to left tackle before his sophomore year.

    The four-year starter beings a lot of versatility to the table, which is going to make him a solid mid-round selection. The Browns are likely looking at him as someone who can play left guard and back up Steinbach for now - and perhaps challenge for a starting job in years go come.

    A name to watch late in the third or early in the fourth.

  • Posted by: John Taylor

    on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 at 1:34:00 PM

    Browns Looking at a Kindle

    No, not the electronic book reader. We’re talking about the pass-rushing Longhorn.

    According to Scout.com’s Chris Steuber, athlete/hybrid/physical freak Sergio Kindle will be brought in for a visit by the Browns – as well as the Tennessee Titans – at some point next week.

    Kindle undoubtedly has high first-round talent, but there are some character concerns that could push him into the second round. And into the Browns’ range if they are so inclined.

    While he played mainly