Skip to content

WCO

The Browns Board
42 19 3.6k
  • I dont think arm strength is that big of a concern, at 2:40 of this video he throws from the 42 to 5 yards into the endzone and the ball gets there pretty quick. On his shorter throws he actually throws a catable ball with touch, I dont see the lack of arm strength.

  • the major thing he fails to write as well as most every Clausen lover is the level of talent he played last season. Guys, 4 or 5 teams (can't remember which) of the teams he played had total team defenses in the 90's out of roughly 120 Division 1 teams. That stat includes Washington, who was dead last in total defense. That's such a gigantic stat in college football. I don't feel like looking up the stats again right now but i will probably dig it up from my old post here in a little.

    Also, comparing a QB who hasn't played a down to Phillip Rivers? Wow, just wow.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, actually, I think he is right in with his own level on the beauty scale with those girls.

    If we would rate these girls a 1 or a 2 on the beauty scale, I suspect Clausen would rate a 1 or a 2 on the handsome scale.

    I think we need a female perspective on this.

    Any help by the women on the board out there would be greatly appreciated

    .

    Well, I've never considered myself much of a beauty so I'm not too critical of others in the appearance department. The only exception is beauty pageants. Anyone in a pageant is there for the purpose of being judged so I'm happy to oblige.

    As for prospective QBs, I'd love some eye candy a la Brian Sipe but I'd settle for football talent over looks any day of the week and twice on game day.

    @kshutchins said:

    Well, I've never considered myself much of a beauty so I'm not too critical of others in the appearance department. The only exception is beauty pageants. Anyone in a pageant is there for the purpose of being judged so I'm happy to oblige.

    As for prospective QBs, I'd love some eye candy a la Brian Sipe but I'd settle for football talent over looks any day of the week and twice on game day.

    But K, you didn't answer the question. Where does Jimmy Clausen fall on the 1 to 10 scale?

    (and where does Sipe fall?)

  • @kshutchins said:

    Well, I've never considered myself much of a beauty so I'm not too critical of others in the appearance department. The only exception is beauty pageants. Anyone in a pageant is there for the purpose of being judged so I'm happy to oblige.

    As for prospective QBs, I'd love some eye candy a la Brian Sipe but I'd settle for football talent over looks any day of the week and twice on game day.

    But K, you didn't answer the question. Where does Jimmy Clausen fall on the 1 to 10 scale?

    (and where does Sipe fall?)

    @the-gipper said:

    But K, you didn't answer the question. Where does Jimmy Clausen fall on the 1 to 10 scale?

    (and where does Sipe fall?)

    If it's a strict 1-10 scale, I'd say Jimmy falls somewhere on the below 5 side of the middle. I'd say 4ish on a good day for someone in his age range. That particular picture isn't very flattering so may drop him down a bit on the scale. The picture of a jewelry-laden Jimmy Clausen in a white fur coat reminds me of Joe Namath. (Never could understand what girls saw in Namath. I think he's one homely dude.)

    On a strict 1-10 scale Brian Sipe, back in the day, would have definitely landed somewhere around a 12 (in the "makes ovaries jump for joy" category). Recent photos would suggest that there hasn't been much of a decline.

    Speaking for myself and most women I know, it's a sliding scale with many subcategories, including negative numbers and fractions as well as bonus points for intangibles and special talents ... but we don't dwell on it.

  • On a strict 1-10 scale Brian Sipe, back in the day, would have definitely landed somewhere around a 12 (in the "makes ovaries jump for joy" category). kshutchins

    ***********************************

    LOL, btw, I really appreciate you being here. 😁

  • New Era Scouting's Matt Miller is hearing that the Browns have Clausen rated as a late 1st round pick.

  • A Alo

    New Era Scouting's Matt Miller is hearing that the Browns have Clausen rated as a late 1st round pick.

    @alo said:

    New Era Scouting's Matt Miller is hearing that the Browns have Clausen rated as a late 1st round pick.

    As will everybody else. It's gonna depend on Seattle. If Carrol doesn't take him, he will drop like a stone.

  • @the-gipper said:

    But K, you didn't answer the question. Where does Jimmy Clausen fall on the 1 to 10 scale?

    (and where does Sipe fall?)

    If it's a strict 1-10 scale, I'd say Jimmy falls somewhere on the below 5 side of the middle. I'd say 4ish on a good day for someone in his age range. That particular picture isn't very flattering so may drop him down a bit on the scale. The picture of a jewelry-laden Jimmy Clausen in a white fur coat reminds me of Joe Namath. (Never could understand what girls saw in Namath. I think he's one homely dude.)

    On a strict 1-10 scale Brian Sipe, back in the day, would have definitely landed somewhere around a 12 (in the "makes ovaries jump for joy" category). Recent photos would suggest that there hasn't been much of a decline.

    Speaking for myself and most women I know, it's a sliding scale with many subcategories, including negative numbers and fractions as well as bonus points for intangibles and special talents ... but we don't dwell on it.

    @kshutchins said:

    On a strict 1-10 scale Brian Sipe, back in the day, would have definitely landed somewhere around a 12 (in the "makes ovaries jump for joy" category). Recent photos would suggest that there hasn't been much of a decline.

    You are a funny lady! And you can't be that funny without being smart! Thanks for being part of the board!

  • @mopaji said:

    They got to gloat for 24 hours after DA was cut. And now, with Quinn getting shopped around, they are on to the next metrosexual with a golden dome. But don't worry, this guy is not coming anywhere near Berea. Heckert/Mangini/Holmgren have already shown that they know QBs and if Seattle doesn't take him at 6, he will drop like a stone. (remember Brady Quinn?)

    even though the facts 100% disagre with you

    Holgren has pretty much said himself Clausen is the pick if berry is not there

    @athensbuck26 said:

    even though the facts 100% disagre with you

    Holgren has pretty much said himself Clausen is the pick if berry is not there

    Holgren might have said that.

    But I don't recall Holmgren saying anything of the sort.

  • i got so effin high this morning!!!!!!!! too much chronic with aces pharm

  • I'd rather have Teabag.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    I'd rather have Teabag.

    haha he said teabag its catching on like wildfire don't forget about teblow