Some Facts about Tebow
-
Jesus was outspoken. Why should Tebow be quiet about what he believes?
I'd be excited about a guy with character being on our team and in the lockerroom. After years of druggies (William Green), talkative wannabes (K2, Braylon) and all the idiocy of players doing stupid crap in the NFL (Vick, Pacman, Plaxico, etc), just having a player with character would be amazing in today's NFL. He's not immune to mistakes, but at least he's got a foundation and an upbringing that will hopefully innoculate him towards some of the stupidity other players seem unable to avoid.
While College #'s don't correlate to success, it's still a good indicator that he's a good football player. He smoked Peyton in college, which is very surprising to me. Obviously it was different systems and different teams in a different timeframe, but that's still nothing to ignore. People are so quick to assume he'll be a bust when he hasn't even gotten a chance yet.
-
Jesus was outspoken. Why should Tebow be quiet about what he believes?
I'd be excited about a guy with character being on our team and in the lockerroom. After years of druggies (William Green), talkative wannabes (K2, Braylon) and all the idiocy of players doing stupid crap in the NFL (Vick, Pacman, Plaxico, etc), just having a player with character would be amazing in today's NFL. He's not immune to mistakes, but at least he's got a foundation and an upbringing that will hopefully innoculate him towards some of the stupidity other players seem unable to avoid.
While College #'s don't correlate to success, it's still a good indicator that he's a good football player. He smoked Peyton in college, which is very surprising to me. Obviously it was different systems and different teams in a different timeframe, but that's still nothing to ignore. People are so quick to assume he'll be a bust when he hasn't even gotten a chance yet.
Jesus was outspoken. Why should Tebow be quiet about what he believes?
I'd be excited about a guy with character being on our team and in the lockerroom. After years of druggies (William Green), talkative wannabes (K2, Braylon) and all the idiocy of players doing stupid crap in the NFL (Vick, Pacman, Plaxico, etc), just having a player with character would be amazing in today's NFL. He's not immune to mistakes, but at least he's got a foundation and an upbringing that will hopefully innoculate him towards some of the stupidity other players seem unable to avoid.
While College #'s don't correlate to success, it's still a good indicator that he's a good football player. He smoked Peyton in college, which is very surprising to me. Obviously it was different systems and different teams in a different timeframe, but that's still nothing to ignore. People are so quick to assume he'll be a bust when he hasn't even gotten a chance yet.
Since when does being religious mean someone has "character"? If thats the case muslim suicide bombers are brimming with character,or how about Scott Roeder? in the fullness of time we will know the NFL story of tebow...I,for one, think it will mirror the career of Steve Heiden.....not Peyton Manning
-
Jesus was outspoken. Why should Tebow be quiet about what he believes?
I'd be excited about a guy with character being on our team and in the lockerroom. After years of druggies (William Green), talkative wannabes (K2, Braylon) and all the idiocy of players doing stupid crap in the NFL (Vick, Pacman, Plaxico, etc), just having a player with character would be amazing in today's NFL. He's not immune to mistakes, but at least he's got a foundation and an upbringing that will hopefully innoculate him towards some of the stupidity other players seem unable to avoid.
While College #'s don't correlate to success, it's still a good indicator that he's a good football player. He smoked Peyton in college, which is very surprising to me. Obviously it was different systems and different teams in a different timeframe, but that's still nothing to ignore. People are so quick to assume he'll be a bust when he hasn't even gotten a chance yet.
-
Jesus was outspoken. Why should Tebow be quiet about what he believes?
I'd be excited about a guy with character being on our team and in the lockerroom. After years of druggies (William Green), talkative wannabes (K2, Braylon) and all the idiocy of players doing stupid crap in the NFL (Vick, Pacman, Plaxico, etc), just having a player with character would be amazing in today's NFL. He's not immune to mistakes, but at least he's got a foundation and an upbringing that will hopefully innoculate him towards some of the stupidity other players seem unable to avoid.
While College #'s don't correlate to success, it's still a good indicator that he's a good football player. He smoked Peyton in college, which is very surprising to me. Obviously it was different systems and different teams in a different timeframe, but that's still nothing to ignore. People are so quick to assume he'll be a bust when he hasn't even gotten a chance yet.
Jesus was outspoken. Why should Tebow be quiet about what he believes?
I'd be excited about a guy with character being on our team and in the lockerroom. After years of druggies (William Green), talkative wannabes (K2, Braylon) and all the idiocy of players doing stupid crap in the NFL (Vick, Pacman, Plaxico, etc), just having a player with character would be amazing in today's NFL. He's not immune to mistakes, but at least he's got a foundation and an upbringing that will hopefully innoculate him towards some of the stupidity other players seem unable to avoid.
While College #'s don't correlate to success, it's still a good indicator that he's a good football player. He smoked Peyton in college, which is very surprising to me. Obviously it was different systems and different teams in a different timeframe, but that's still nothing to ignore. People are so quick to assume he'll be a bust when he hasn't even gotten a chance yet.
Let's make a simple observation: just because someone openly professes faith, doesn't make him a person of character. Some of the biggest theives, hypocrites, abusers, etc. have done their actions in the name of faith. That being said, I have no reason to assume that TT is anything other than honest and forthright about his beliefs, or that he is anything other than a good character (But just professing it doesn't make it so). My only point is that if you allow proselityzing in an NFL lockerroom for one faith, I think you need to give equal time to most others.
May the Force be with you.
-
@ Moony - I never said being religious meant someone had character. I just said he has character, which he does.
@ Mik - Being a Christian means you believe in and follow Jesus Christ (Christian). So the example Christians use as the standard is Jesus. Therefore if Jesus was outspoken, he too can be outspoken. That doesn't mean Tebow is Jesus or is God or anything like that. It means he can be outspoken. Are personal attacks really that necessary dude? Seriously?
@ Gipper - I also never said because he's outspoken means he has character. I just said he has character, which he does.
Q.Q less people. Stop getting so bent out of shape over the man's religion. He's a person of integrity, he has character, he's a good football player, and he's firm in what he believes. Get over it and lets look at football.
-
@ Moony - I never said being religious meant someone had character. I just said he has character, which he does.
@ Mik - Being a Christian means you believe in and follow Jesus Christ (Christian). So the example Christians use as the standard is Jesus. Therefore if Jesus was outspoken, he too can be outspoken. That doesn't mean Tebow is Jesus or is God or anything like that. It means he can be outspoken. Are personal attacks really that necessary dude? Seriously?
@ Gipper - I also never said because he's outspoken means he has character. I just said he has character, which he does.
Q.Q less people. Stop getting so bent out of shape over the man's religion. He's a person of integrity, he has character, he's a good football player, and he's firm in what he believes. Get over it and lets look at football.
@ Moony - I never said being religious meant someone had character. I just said he has character, which he does.
@ Mik - Being a Christian means you believe in and follow Jesus Christ (Christian). So the example Christians use as the standard is Jesus. Therefore if Jesus was outspoken, he too can be outspoken. That doesn't mean Tebow is Jesus or is God or anything like that. It means he can be outspoken. Are personal attacks really that necessary dude? Seriously?
@ Gipper - I also never said because he's outspoken means he has character. I just said he has character, which he does.
Q.Q less people. Stop getting so bent out of shape over the man's religion. He's a person of integrity, he has character, he's a good football player, and he's firm in what he believes. Get over it and lets look at football.
Well, there is one thing I do know about Tebow....and this has nothing to do with his religion, his character, his football ability, or anything else......but he is one of the ugliest persons I have ever seen.
He really is. Though, honestly, if he and Jimmy Clausen had an ugly contest I am not sure who would win.
-
@ Moony - I never said being religious meant someone had character. I just said he has character, which he does.
@ Mik - Being a Christian means you believe in and follow Jesus Christ (Christian). So the example Christians use as the standard is Jesus. Therefore if Jesus was outspoken, he too can be outspoken. That doesn't mean Tebow is Jesus or is God or anything like that. It means he can be outspoken. Are personal attacks really that necessary dude? Seriously?
@ Gipper - I also never said because he's outspoken means he has character. I just said he has character, which he does.
Q.Q less people. Stop getting so bent out of shape over the man's religion. He's a person of integrity, he has character, he's a good football player, and he's firm in what he believes. Get over it and lets look at football.
Q.Q less people. Stop getting so bent out of shape over the man's religion. He's a person of integrity, he has character, he's a good football player, and he's firm in what he believes. Get over it and lets look at football.
you're right. let's look at football and not those 'john: frickin 13' black eye tape under his froggy eyes. if it was just about football we wouldn't be having this debate. religion and politics are bad topics on forums, streets or bars (which i'm more familiar with). frickin just outlaw the showing/demonstrating/professing of it in a public forum that not everyone believes in the same thing. the my god is better than your god bullshit is just that. bullshit. turn the cameras off during the prayer circle. i'd like to drop a bomb on that shit personally (right in the middle of the circle........you could have tebow, warner and every other holy roller sitting there holding hands and watch them turn to dust. HA)! THANKS FOR THE RIDE LADY!!!!!
-
You know Mic....you make some good points and i like reading your point of view, but you do need some more time to grow up.
I just take it as a aging process.....we do get smarter as we age.
-
You know Mic....you make some good points and i like reading your point of view, but you do need some more time to grow up.
I just take it as a aging process.....we do get smarter as we age.
You know Mic....you make some good points and i like reading your point of view, but you do need some more time to grow up.
I just take it as a aging process.....we do get smarter as we age.
i know ball..but man it's tough seeing you're 48 yr old body in front of a line of cats with nothing on their mind of just stripping you............of your dignity and pride.

-
Wow this tread went to $hit in a hurry!
I learned a long time ago that if you go out to the bars, a party, or public in general, too not talk about religion or politics, cause it never ends well for someone.
So Tebow likes to pray, who really gives a flying F**K, are you really that shallow that it bothers you? I'm not a religious man but I have prayed for a little guidance and help a time or two, I think everyone has. Right? Is there a difference other than you were not on TV?
I don't think it's the praying that bothers people, its just this weird nationwide hate that a growing number of people have toward him because he has been successful, and not just another punk ass kid.
I don't know but that's what it seems like to me.
If a little prayer bothers you that much you have deeper underlying issues that you should seek help for.
-
Wow this tread went to $hit in a hurry!
I learned a long time ago that if you go out to the bars, a party, or public in general, too not talk about religion or politics, cause it never ends well for someone.
So Tebow likes to pray, who really gives a flying F**K, are you really that shallow that it bothers you? I'm not a religious man but I have prayed for a little guidance and help a time or two, I think everyone has. Right? Is there a difference other than you were not on TV?
I don't think it's the praying that bothers people, its just this weird nationwide hate that a growing number of people have toward him because he has been successful, and not just another punk ass kid.
I don't know but that's what it seems like to me.
If a little prayer bothers you that much you have deeper underlying issues that you should seek help for.
Wow this tread went to $hit in a hurry!
I learned a long time ago that if you go out to the bars, a party, or public in general, too not talk about religion or politics, cause it never ends well for someone.
So Tebow likes to pray, who really gives a flying F**K, are you really that shallow that it bothers you? I'm not a religious man but I have prayed for a little guidance and help a time or two, I think everyone has. Right? Is there a difference other than you were not on TV?
I don't think it's the praying that bothers people, its just this weird nationwide hate that a growing number of people have toward him because he has been successful, and not just another punk ass kid.
I don't know but that's what it seems like to me.
If a little prayer bothers you that much you have deeper underlying issues that you should seek help for.
i really am at this point, just trying to feel out people here on the board. i've gotten into it with two people that are probably the most knowledgeable on the board (the gipper and ballpeen), and learned to pretty much stfu about stuff that i'm not reaaly kean on. in speaking upon the topic of this thread i was only trying to point out that this discussion (concernning tebow's faith etc) is just a waste of time and enegy. and if you've read my other posts you'll note that there is faith in my life. but the belief in my faith is not going to overshadow the fact that i know you on monday morning are trying to get a frappuciono at starbucks. i know you work there and tips are thinner and thinner.....but..........start asking for tips from no-knowledge football geeks who love tim tebow. tell 'em it's a game where the christian women just throw quarters at peiople dressed like bunnies. and come back in prgnant and cute!!
-
Tebow should've went to Notre Dame, coulda converted half the country. lol
-
Wow this tread went to $hit in a hurry!
I learned a long time ago that if you go out to the bars, a party, or public in general, too not talk about religion or politics, cause it never ends well for someone.
So Tebow likes to pray, who really gives a flying F**K, are you really that shallow that it bothers you? I'm not a religious man but I have prayed for a little guidance and help a time or two, I think everyone has. Right? Is there a difference other than you were not on TV?
I don't think it's the praying that bothers people, its just this weird nationwide hate that a growing number of people have toward him because he has been successful, and not just another punk ass kid.
I don't know but that's what it seems like to me.
If a little prayer bothers you that much you have deeper underlying issues that you should seek help for.
i really am at this point, just trying to feel out people here on the board. i've gotten into it with two people that are probably the most knowledgeable on the board (the gipper and ballpeen), and learned to pretty much stfu about stuff that i'm not reaaly kean on. in speaking upon the topic of this thread i was only trying to point out that this discussion (concernning tebow's faith etc) is just a waste of time and enegy. and if you've read my other posts you'll note that there is faith in my life. but the belief in my faith is not going to overshadow the fact that i know you on monday morning are trying to get a frappuciono at starbucks. i know you work there and tips are thinner and thinner.....but..........start asking for tips from no-knowledge football geeks who love tim tebow. tell 'em it's a game where the christian women just throw quarters at peiople dressed like bunnies. and come back in prgnant and cute!!
i really am at this point, just trying to feel out people here on the board. i've gotten into it with two people that are probably the most knowledgeable on the board (the gipper and ballpeen), and learned to pretty much stfu about stuff that i'm not reaaly kean on. in speaking upon the topic of this thread i was only trying to point out that this discussion (concernning tebow's faith etc) is just a waste of time and enegy. and if you've read my other posts you'll note that there is faith in my life. but the belief in my faith is not going to overshadow the fact that i know you on monday morning are trying to get a frappuciono at starbucks. i know you work there and tips are thinner and thinner.....but..........start asking for tips from no-knowledge football geeks who love tim tebow. tell 'em it's a game where the christian women just throw quarters at peiople dressed like bunnies. and come back in prgnant and cute!!
Mik I wasn't referring to you in general.... mostly everyone that has a problem with someone saying a prayer.
If he was sacrificing people or animals then I can see a good reason.
-
Q.Q less people. Stop getting so bent out of shape over the man's religion. He's a person of integrity, he has character, he's a good football player, and he's firm in what he believes. Get over it and lets look at football.
you're right. let's look at football and not those 'john: frickin 13' black eye tape under his froggy eyes. if it was just about football we wouldn't be having this debate. religion and politics are bad topics on forums, streets or bars (which i'm more familiar with). frickin just outlaw the showing/demonstrating/professing of it in a public forum that not everyone believes in the same thing. the my god is better than your god bullshit is just that. bullshit. turn the cameras off during the prayer circle. i'd like to drop a bomb on that shit personally (right in the middle of the circle........you could have tebow, warner and every other holy roller sitting there holding hands and watch them turn to dust. HA)! THANKS FOR THE RIDE LADY!!!!!
frickin just outlaw the showing/demonstrating/professing of it in a public forum that not everyone believes in the same thing.
Fail.
If you want that go live in North Korea or Communist China. This is the United States where people are free to express what they want to express.
I tried to get the thread back OT but I guess that's not gonna happen anymore.
-
frickin just outlaw the showing/demonstrating/professing of it in a public forum that not everyone believes in the same thing.
Fail.
If you want that go live in North Korea or Communist China. This is the United States where people are free to express what they want to express.
I tried to get the thread back OT but I guess that's not gonna happen anymore.
Fail.
If you want that go live in North Korea or Communist China. This is the United States where people are free to express what they want to express.
I tried to get the thread back OT but I guess that's not gonna happen anymore.
our government separates the church from the state. sure people are free to express their views but they're also free to get punched in the face.
-
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his religion - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his charity - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his beliefs - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos MH sees something in him - THANK YOU !
There are 100s of churches in Cleveland where we can find preachers and good men, but this is not about finding the good guy but a good football player.
-
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his religion - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his charity - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his beliefs - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos MH sees something in him - THANK YOU !
There are 100s of churches in Cleveland where we can find preachers and good men, but this is not about finding the good guy but a good football player.
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his religion - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his charity - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his beliefs - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos MH sees something in him - THANK YOU !
There are 100s of churches in Cleveland where we can find preachers and good men, but this is not about finding the good guy but a good football player.
I don't see anybody saying take him because of those things.....I sense many don't want to take him because of those things.
It's all about the football...and for me, I would take him in a heartbeat.
-
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his religion - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his charity - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos of his beliefs - DANG YOU !
To all those who say take Tebow cos MH sees something in him - THANK YOU !
There are 100s of churches in Cleveland where we can find preachers and good men, but this is not about finding the good guy but a good football player.
I don't see anybody saying take him because of those things.....I sense many don't want to take him because of those things.
It's all about the football...and for me, I would take him in a heartbeat.
-
If it is about football then it is perfectly justified.
agree!! he's a guy you'd want in you foxhole or on your line. just gotta keep that trap shut! not sold on his nfl qb abilities yet but would definitely put him out there...and who knows: maybe become a man without all the baggage surrounding him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
