Skip to content

Survey Monday...almost April Fools

The Browns Board
40 19 2.5k
  • I mean, can you see her putting up with this:

    tim-tebow-crying-motivational-poster-428-1260227600-111.jpg

  • In theory, this is supposed to be Tim Tebow's girlfriend. In my opinion, if true, she has really reached below her level:

    tim_tebow_girlfriend2.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    In theory, this is supposed to be Tim Tebow's girlfriend. In my opinion, if true, she has really reached below her level:

    tim_tebow_girlfriend2.jpg

    And you know there's no premarital sex going on there...

  • On #3 someone noted that Randy Lerner has an Aston Villa tattoo, but no Browns tattoo. Now, I don't know if this is true, or how anyone could have gotten a full body inspection on Randy, but if it is true, would it not be indicative about where his passion lies? Either that, or he did it on a bet.

    Has anyone else heard this story?

    @the-gipper said:

    On #3 someone noted that Randy Lerner has an Aston Villa tattoo, but no Browns tattoo. Now, I don't know if this is true, or how anyone could have gotten a full body inspection on Randy, but if it is true, would it not be indicative about where his passion lies? Either that, or he did it on a bet.

    Has anyone else heard this story

    ?

    I have heard the story and would suspect the guy played soccer as a high schooler or younger,

    Even if his passion is soccer, it doesn't mean he is ignoring the team.

    It's pretty easy to see he is putting his resources(money and effort) in to the team.

  • In theory, this is supposed to be Tim Tebow's girlfriend. In my opinion, if true, she has really reached below her level:

    tim_tebow_girlfriend2.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    In theory, this is supposed to be Tim Tebow's girlfriend. In my opinion, if true, she has really reached below her level:

    tim_tebow_girlfriend2.jpg

    JIMMY...LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME JIMMY! "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELLS YOU!!! HADEHADEHADEHADE πŸ˜•

  • Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    Actually the answer here is, hell yes. One caveat is it's attitude dependent.

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    No. Take one later. I want stud defense.

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    Well now Gipper, we have done this one before haven't we! πŸ™‚ I can't be sure but I am on the case over here trying to find out how much time he is spending in Warwickshire (My county) I never thought in my 20 odd years of being a Browns fan that I would live closer to the Browns owner (by about 4,000 miles) than you guys!!! I will report back. lerner-300x400.jpg Urrggghhh, it hurts me to see our owner wearing Villa colours - it might as well be yellow and black for what it does to me.

    The pressure is mounting on Lerner to stump up more cash this off season for villa (off season starts around May time) Villa will not qualify for champions league football this year and this will result in pressure for more expensive players to be brought to the club in the off season - he has already pumped around 287 Million USD into Villa for players!! The love affair could be cracking.

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    WV for me, I had a really good night out there many years ago. Who will win it? Duke - just a guess. I must get ESPN.

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    Jamie Dukes.

  • Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    NO

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    NO

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    Aston Villa

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    Butler

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    San Antonio Holmes

  • I should be working but instead I am slightly obsessed with understanding if lerner has more heart for Villa or the Browns. I have found out today that Lerner has a TATOO of the Villa crest above his right ankle - can this be true!! WTF! Where is his browns helmet? I am beginning to get creeped out.

  • I should be working but instead I am slightly obsessed with understanding if lerner has more heart for Villa or the Browns. I have found out today that Lerner has a TATOO of the Villa crest above his right ankle - can this be true!! WTF! Where is his browns helmet? I am beginning to get creeped out.

    @howiedawg said:

    I should be working but instead I am slightly obsessed with understanding if lerner has more heart for Villa or the Browns. I have found out today that Lerner has a TATOO of the Villa crest above his right ankle - can this be true!! WTF! Where is his browns helmet? I am beginning to get creeped out.

    Looking at that picture, it is easy to see Randy tends to favor soccer. Here in the states, soccer, while gaining in popularity today was a 2nd rate sport back when Randy was a kid.

    This isn't to say all the kids who played it were pansy's, but a large portion of those kids were. It doesn't take much to run around a kick a ball once in a while....I can hear randy's mother...."Good job honey, you kicked a ball the other way!"

    Yep...soccer was mostly for the frail kids.

    In the end, I don't care what he likes best as long as he funds what needs to be done here....and so far he has.

  • @howiedawg said:

    I should be working but instead I am slightly obsessed with understanding if lerner has more heart for Villa or the Browns. I have found out today that Lerner has a TATOO of the Villa crest above his right ankle - can this be true!! WTF! Where is his browns helmet? I am beginning to get creeped out.

    Looking at that picture, it is easy to see Randy tends to favor soccer. Here in the states, soccer, while gaining in popularity today was a 2nd rate sport back when Randy was a kid.

    This isn't to say all the kids who played it were pansy's, but a large portion of those kids were. It doesn't take much to run around a kick a ball once in a while....I can hear randy's mother...."Good job honey, you kicked a ball the other way!"

    Yep...soccer was mostly for the frail kids.

    In the end, I don't care what he likes best as long as he funds what needs to be done here....and so far he has.

    @ballpeen said:

    Looking at that picture, it is easy to see Randy tends to favor soccer. Here in the states, soccer, while gaining in popularity today was a 2nd rate sport back when Randy was a kid.

    This isn't to say all the kids who played it were pansy's, but a large portion of those kids were. It doesn't take much to run around a kick a ball once in a while....I can hear randy's mother...."Good job honey, you kicked a ball the other way!"

    Yep...soccer was mostly for the frail kids.

    In the end, I don't care what he likes best as long as he funds what needs to be done here....and so far he has.

    I hear you Ballpeen. But he is pumping in a lot of cash over here. around $280M. How much is the guy worth? some reports say $800M?? And he won't be making money on that. That's a big hole if so. If the guy gets a tattoo of Villa on his damned ankle he looks like he is in it for the long run. If he goes broke on us would there be a queue up Alfred Lerner Way waiting to fund us?

  • @ballpeen said:

    Looking at that picture, it is easy to see Randy tends to favor soccer. Here in the states, soccer, while gaining in popularity today was a 2nd rate sport back when Randy was a kid.

    This isn't to say all the kids who played it were pansy's, but a large portion of those kids were. It doesn't take much to run around a kick a ball once in a while....I can hear randy's mother...."Good job honey, you kicked a ball the other way!"

    Yep...soccer was mostly for the frail kids.

    In the end, I don't care what he likes best as long as he funds what needs to be done here....and so far he has.

    I hear you Ballpeen. But he is pumping in a lot of cash over here. around $280M. How much is the guy worth? some reports say $800M?? And he won't be making money on that. That's a big hole if so. If the guy gets a tattoo of Villa on his damned ankle he looks like he is in it for the long run. If he goes broke on us would there be a queue up Alfred Lerner Way waiting to fund us?

    @howiedawg said:

    I hear you Ballpeen. But he is pumping in a lot of cash over here. around $280M. How much is the guy worth? some reports say $800M?? And he won't be making money on that. That's a big hole if so. If the guy gets a tattoo of Villa on his damned ankle he looks like he is in it for the long run. If he goes broke on us would there be a queue up Alfred Lerner Way waiting to fund us?

    If Randy did get to the point of putting his team up for sale, I believe that there would be a plethora of potential buyers.

    However, none locally with the wealth of the Lerner's. Here is Forbe's list of the wealthiest people in Ohio:

    188 Leslie Wexner 69 3.1 United States United States , OH , Columbus

    366 Carl Lindner Jr & family 85 1.8 United States United States , OH , Cincinnati

    366 Clayton Mathile 64 1.8 United States United States , OH , Dayton

    437 Richard Farmer 70 1.5 United States United States , OH , Cincinnati

    488 Nancy Lerner Beck 44 1.4 United States United States , OH , Cleveland

    488 Norma Lerner 69 1.4 United States United States , OH , Cleveland

    488 Randolph Lerner 42 1.4 United States United States , OH , Cleveland

    This was as of 2005. Don't know about currently. The first number behind the person is their age. The second number is their worth in billions. Adding the Lerner's altogether makes them the wealthiest family in Ohio by a pretty wide margin.

    Howie mentioned that he thought Randy is now worth "only" 800 million. I don't know where he may have lost 600 million bucks, unless this dowturn really affected him that badly. Also note that I believe that the Browns are owned by the ENTIRE family, perhaps in a trust. Thus, his mother and his sister are also co-owners of the Browns, but Randy is completely in charge of them for the family. I don't know if the figures quoted also include the value of the Browns. It should.

    It is possible that Randy may be the sole owner of the Aston Villa team and that his mother and sister have no interest in that squad. Recall that Randy inherited the Browns from his Dad, but he bought Aston Villa on his own after his dad died.

    That may be a factor in his passion.

    But I agree with Ballpeen. As long as he is doing what he needs to do to financially support the team, I could care less about his passion. Hiring Holmgren to run things and to be the face of the franchise was a good thing from the standpoint of putting the franchise in the hands of competent management. I would rather have a smart owner than a passionate one. We had a passionate one here with the initials AM. He weren't so smart. It has taken about 8 years for Randy to perhaps wise up as well.

  • Here is a link to the Wealthiest 400 Americans. This is more current. It is as of September 2009. I wonder how many sports owners are on this list:

    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/54/rich-l...icans_Rank.html

    Though it is possible that I may have missed some because I don't necessarily know every owner of every franchise in the 4 major sports, the only Sports owners I see here in the top 150 are:

    Paul Allen #17, owner of the Seahawks and Trailblazers

    Richard DeVos #61, owner of the Orlando Magic

    Mark Cuban tied for #139, owner of the Dallas Mavericks

    The Glazer family, tied for #139, owner of the Tampa Bay Bucs (and Manchester United in the UK)

    The Charles Dolan family, #141, owner I believe of the Knicks. (this is not to be confused with Indians owner Larry Dolan, though I understand they are related.)

    It seems to me that there are mucho rich people that do not have their fingers in sports. So, I think it is possible that many of the people on this list could be potential buyers of sports franchises, should any come up for sale. I mean, Michael Jordan just bought controlling interest in the Charlotte Bobcats. He is a piker compared to the wealth of all these people.

  • Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    Faaack no.

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    Faaack no.

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    Faaaack no.

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    A Ohio State. B Somebody else.

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    Tiger Woods.

    WSS

  • Also, note on here that Randy Lerner ONLY comes in at #396 of the most wealthy Americans, tied with his mother and sister.

  • Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    NO

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    Yes

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    Your Owner Cares

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    WVU

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    Big Ben (sad but True)

  • 1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    Can't be any worse

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    Ahhhhh NO

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    Sometimes I wonder you never see the guy or hear as much as a peep out of him.

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    Butler and anyone but MSU, Duke or WV

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    Im going with zombo on this one Santonio Roethlisberger

  • Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    Yes! And even more so after the draft!

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    Hell no!!!!

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    This is a silly question. Who cares, I think he has done his best and cares a lot about having a wiiner in Cleveland!

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    I want West Virginia to win!!! I think Duke will win. And I will be pissed again this year. If they would have lost last weekend I would have been happy with any outcome.

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    Wow so many to chose from but I would have to say it is still Maurice Clarrett. Yes I went old school. So much talent coming out of college and he sits in jail still. but close second would go to the late Chris Henry (yes he is dead and I still went there). Lets not forget Plaxico and pac-man too. Heck you could have asked for a top ten here. I bet you were looking for me to name one of the Steelers. It's sad that they are only in the top 5-10. They are still fools!!!!

  • Browns57. A note. No, I was not looking for a Steeler. I did not choose a Steeler in my own answers.

  • 1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    Hugh upgrade

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    not unless there trading for Peyton Manning

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    I think he likes the sport of soccer more, but clearly he's not holding out on the Browns

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    Butler.......Michigan State

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    Mike Tyson

  • Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    @the-gipper said:

    Here is this week's survey:

    1. Do you think that the Browns are more talented now at QB with Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace than they were with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson?

    Extremely. Both QBs surpass the latter.

    2. Do you think the Browns should use that #7 overall pick on a Quarterback?

    No (unless Bradford is somehow there). Get Eric Berry. Get McCoy or Tebow in the second or third.

    3. Do you think that Randy Lerner cares more about his Cleveland Browns football team or his Aston Villa ?? (just what are they....Lions? Acorns?) soccer team?

    Aston Villa. I dont see how. My life priorities go 1. Browns 2. Family 3. School

    4. The Final Four is now set: Duke, Michigan State, Butler, West Virginia. Two part question: Who do you want to win it all? Who do you think will win it all?

    I want Butler. I think Michigan St.

    5. In honor of this coming Thursdays date, tell us who you think is the Biggest Fool in sports?

    Ben Rapelisberger or Tiger Woods...he sure fooled me

  • In checking out that website, here is where the NFL owners rank amongst the top 400 wealthiest Americans:

    #17 Paul Allen Seahawks owner

    #110 Stephan Ross, Dolphins owner

    #196 Jerry Jones, Cowboys owner

    #230 Steve Biscotti, Ravens owner

    #236 Robert Kraft, Patriots owner

    #317 Arthur Blank, Falcons owner

    #326 Bob NcNair, Texans owner

    #347 tie Jim Irsay, Colts owner

    #347 tie Dan Snyder, Redskins owner

    #347 tie Alex Spanos, Chargers owner

    #394 Jeffrey Lurie, Eagles owner

    #396 tie Randy Lerner, Browns owner

    #396 tie Glazer family, Bucs owners

    Members of the Tisch family were on the list, but Steve Tisch, Giants half owner was not.

    Eddie DeBartolo was on the list, but his sister Denise DeBartolo York, now owner of the 49ers was not.

    Members of the Hunt family appeared on the list, but not any of the Lamar Hunt children who now own the Chiefs

    It is possible that I may have missed somebody on a list of 400 people, but the following were NOT amongst the Top 400 wealthiest Americans listed: Bill Bidwill, Cardinals owner; Ralph Wilson, Bills owner; Jerry Richardson, Panthers owner; Virginia McCaskey, Bears owner; Mike Brown, Bengals owner; Pat Bowlen, Broncos owner; William Clay Ford, Lions owner; Wayne Weaver, Jags owner; the aforementioned Clark Hunt, Chiefs owner; Zygi Wilf, Vikings owner; Tom Benson, Saints owner; Robert Woody Johnson, Jets owner; Al Davis, Raiders owner; Dan Rooney, Steelers owner; Chip Rosenbloom, Rams owner; Bud Adams, Titans owner, John Mara, half owner of the Giants, nor the aforementioned Denise York, or Steve Tisch.