Skip to content

Predictions

The Tribe Board
18 9 2.5k
  • Bold prediction

    We trade Westbrook for some young talent and he pitches in the World Series for that team.

    For real though, I think Grady batting 2nd or 3rd will make him have major RBI season.

    Its hard to tell what we are going to do. I havent seen some of the young talent yet.

    I just hope we can compete right from the get go.

  • I clicked 76-80 and one question mark.

    Gun to my head, I'm saying no playoffs and taking the under on 81 wins. But I can see it being an interesting year given the division and question marks surrounding this team.

    Let's see, bold predictions...hmm, lebrent took two of mine - Perez nailing down the closer spot and Choo gaining much deserved national love.

    I'll go off the board and say that Lou Marson becomes a fan favorite. Were this the Browns, I'd go further and say that he'll be showered with such adoration and love that fans will view Carlos Santana as the devil when he rightly earns a trip North. Since this isn't the Browns, I'll say Marson will be treated just like Wayne Kirby was when Manny finally jumped leagues. I'll also bet that Marson appears in say...75% more games than Kirby did in his career.

    Beanpot

  • Well, the votes have been much more optimistic than what I was expecting so far.

    Honestly, I think my main thing is people are really selling our offense short. We have an MVP caliber hitter in Sizemore, a .300 leadoff hitter with speed, a .300 hitter in the 3-hole with power and speed (Choo), a healthier Hafner, a dynamic player at the bottom of the lineup (Brantley), a full year of LaPorta and the wildcard with Branyan. And with the new manager and established role, Peralta should have a bounce back year.

    Yeah, there's a huge hole at catcher compared to last year, but the middle of our actual lineup (not factoring in what position each batter fields) is still solid even without Victor.

    And the pitching could be decent. If any of our starters carried an ERA in the high 3, low 4 range, I wouldn't be surprised. Westbrook could do it, Fausto could do it, Masterson could do it, Huff could do it, Talbot could do it. Obviously it would be a miracle if they ALL did it, but it seems like they all have that potential, individually. I just don't get the notion that this is some historically bad rotation. Very, very shaky, yes. But talented.

    But, yeah. I also wouldn't be surprised if everything crashes and burns and we win 70. I just refuse to be pessimistic in spring.

  • I am not too optimistic about our win/loss mark, as I think 71-80 would be about right. Dolan is just too cheap, and our starting rotation is way too thin.

    Bold prediction(s)- Talbot wins 12 games, Choo is a 30/30 man, Brantley is Rookie-of-the-Year.

  • As for me...

    I'm picking 81-85 wins, and Playoffs? with a single question mark. The division is too bad.

    Bold predictions...

    Masterson makes 25 starts, wins 13-15

    LaPorta hits 28 homers

    Carrasco comes on later in the year and strikes out over a batter an inning.

    @chris. said:

    The division is too bad.

    No way, the White Sox's have 5 starters who would be an ace for the Tribe. They are going to run it. Added Juan Pierre, they had lead off issues and run production issues with walk and getting on base last year. Mark Teahen, decent average guy and good defense. Alex Rios is healthy and not be at the un-natural lead off position. Gordon Beckham who hit 14 jacks and 63 RBI's in 378 AB's. With Jenks, Thornton and Linebrink, they have top 5 bullpen in the league. They will easily win the division and should be battling for a World Series spot.

    As for the Tribe, their pitching is just too much of a question mark. 72 wins. If Chris Perez is our closer for more then 2 months, 70 wins.

  • @chris. said:

    The division is too bad.

    No way, the White Sox's have 5 starters who would be an ace for the Tribe. They are going to run it. Added Juan Pierre, they had lead off issues and run production issues with walk and getting on base last year. Mark Teahen, decent average guy and good defense. Alex Rios is healthy and not be at the un-natural lead off position. Gordon Beckham who hit 14 jacks and 63 RBI's in 378 AB's. With Jenks, Thornton and Linebrink, they have top 5 bullpen in the league. They will easily win the division and should be battling for a World Series spot.

    As for the Tribe, their pitching is just too much of a question mark. 72 wins. If Chris Perez is our closer for more then 2 months, 70 wins.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    No way, the White Sox's have 5 starters who would be an ace for the Tribe. They are going to run it. Added Juan Pierre, they had lead off issues and run production issues with walk and getting on base last year. Mark Teahen, decent average guy and good defense. Alex Rios is healthy and not be at the un-natural lead off position. Gordon Beckham who hit 14 jacks and 63 RBI's in 378 AB's. With Jenks, Thornton and Linebrink, they have top 5 bullpen in the league. They will easily win the division and should be battling for a World Series spot.

    As for the Tribe, their pitching is just too much of a question mark. 72 wins. If Chris Perez is our closer for more then 2 months, 70 wins.

    Their pitching is better than ours, but it's not really a strong point. If Peavy starts 30 games, maybe. Floyd and Danks are pretty good, but neither of them scare me. And if/when Peavy and Garcia get hurt, who do they have to replace them? All said, they might have the best all-around pitching in our division...but when you compare them to good divisions (i.e. divisions with Beckett, Lester and Lackey, or Sabathia, Burnett and Vazquez, or Felix and Cliff) it doesn't really hold up.

    And Cleveland's offense is better. I love Quentin, but after him there's not a whole lot going on. Konerko should be starting to regress. Dye and Thome are gone. Andruw Jones is the DH. Not exactly murderer's row.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won the division. But they're definitely beatable. And they're definitely no Boston, New York, Tampa, LA or Texas. Or even Seattle.

    Zombo said:

    Zombo

    --But no one will notice while lebron is hoisting the Finals MVP trophy

    A very good point.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    No way, the White Sox's have 5 starters who would be an ace for the Tribe. They are going to run it. Added Juan Pierre, they had lead off issues and run production issues with walk and getting on base last year. Mark Teahen, decent average guy and good defense. Alex Rios is healthy and not be at the un-natural lead off position. Gordon Beckham who hit 14 jacks and 63 RBI's in 378 AB's. With Jenks, Thornton and Linebrink, they have top 5 bullpen in the league. They will easily win the division and should be battling for a World Series spot.

    As for the Tribe, their pitching is just too much of a question mark. 72 wins. If Chris Perez is our closer for more then 2 months, 70 wins.

    Their pitching is better than ours, but it's not really a strong point. If Peavy starts 30 games, maybe. Floyd and Danks are pretty good, but neither of them scare me. And if/when Peavy and Garcia get hurt, who do they have to replace them? All said, they might have the best all-around pitching in our division...but when you compare them to good divisions (i.e. divisions with Beckett, Lester and Lackey, or Sabathia, Burnett and Vazquez, or Felix and Cliff) it doesn't really hold up.

    And Cleveland's offense is better. I love Quentin, but after him there's not a whole lot going on. Konerko should be starting to regress. Dye and Thome are gone. Andruw Jones is the DH. Not exactly murderer's row.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won the division. But they're definitely beatable. And they're definitely no Boston, New York, Tampa, LA or Texas. Or even Seattle.

    Zombo said:

    Zombo

    --But no one will notice while lebron is hoisting the Finals MVP trophy

    A very good point.

    @chris. said:

    Their pitching is better than ours, but it's not really a strong point. If Peavy starts 30 games, maybe. Floyd and Danks are pretty good, but neither of them scare me. And if/when Peavy and Garcia get hurt, who do they have to replace them? All said, they might have the best all-around pitching in our division...but when you compare them to good divisions (i.e. divisions with Beckett, Lester and Lackey, or Sabathia, Burnett and Vazquez, or Felix and Cliff) it doesn't really hold up.

    And Cleveland's offense is better. I love Quentin, but after him there's not a whole lot going on. Konerko should be starting to regress. Dye and Thome are gone. Andruw Jones is the DH. Not exactly murderer's row.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won the division. But they're definitely beatable. And they're definitely no Boston, New York, Tampa, LA or Texas. Or even Seattle.

    Nah, I guess only time will tell. LA and Texas, lol. They will be in the AL finals, they might not win, but they will be there. You never know, one injury could mean all the difference in the world. The Sox remind me of the 91 Twins team. Small ball. Never know.

    Go Tribe!

  • anyone expecting anywhere near .500 for this team is going to be sorely disappointed in early October.

  • @chris. said:

    Their pitching is better than ours, but it's not really a strong point. If Peavy starts 30 games, maybe. Floyd and Danks are pretty good, but neither of them scare me. And if/when Peavy and Garcia get hurt, who do they have to replace them? All said, they might have the best all-around pitching in our division...but when you compare them to good divisions (i.e. divisions with Beckett, Lester and Lackey, or Sabathia, Burnett and Vazquez, or Felix and Cliff) it doesn't really hold up.

    And Cleveland's offense is better. I love Quentin, but after him there's not a whole lot going on. Konerko should be starting to regress. Dye and Thome are gone. Andruw Jones is the DH. Not exactly murderer's row.

    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won the division. But they're definitely beatable. And they're definitely no Boston, New York, Tampa, LA or Texas. Or even Seattle.

    Nah, I guess only time will tell. LA and Texas, lol. They will be in the AL finals, they might not win, but they will be there. You never know, one injury could mean all the difference in the world. The Sox remind me of the 91 Twins team. Small ball. Never know.

    Go Tribe!

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Nah, I guess only time will tell. LA and Texas, lol. They will be in the AL finals, they might not win, but they will be there. You never know, one injury could mean all the difference in the world. The Sox remind me of the 91 Twins team. Small ball. Never know.

    Go Tribe!

    Well, your guess obviously looked better than mine today. Can't say I expected much more from Westbrook, but I was surprised how lifeless the offense looked. Luckily there's 161 more.

  • Well, the votes have been much more optimistic than what I was expecting so far.

    Honestly, I think my main thing is people are really selling our offense short. We have an MVP caliber hitter in Sizemore, a .300 leadoff hitter with speed, a .300 hitter in the 3-hole with power and speed (Choo), a healthier Hafner, a dynamic player at the bottom of the lineup (Brantley), a full year of LaPorta and the wildcard with Branyan. And with the new manager and established role, Peralta should have a bounce back year.

    Yeah, there's a huge hole at catcher compared to last year, but the middle of our actual lineup (not factoring in what position each batter fields) is still solid even without Victor.

    And the pitching could be decent. If any of our starters carried an ERA in the high 3, low 4 range, I wouldn't be surprised. Westbrook could do it, Fausto could do it, Masterson could do it, Huff could do it, Talbot could do it. Obviously it would be a miracle if they ALL did it, but it seems like they all have that potential, individually. I just don't get the notion that this is some historically bad rotation. Very, very shaky, yes. But talented.

    But, yeah. I also wouldn't be surprised if everything crashes and burns and we win 70. I just refuse to be pessimistic in spring.

    @chris. said:

    And the pitching could be decent. If any of our starters carried an ERA in the high 3, low 4 range, I wouldn't be surprised. Westbrook could do it, Fausto could do it, Masterson could do it, Huff could do it, Talbot could do it. Obviously it would be a miracle if they ALL did it, but it seems like they all have that potential, individually. I just don't get the notion that this is some historically bad rotation. Very, very shaky, yes. But talented.

    Must....not......jinx it....

  • 156-6

  • Predictions

    Less than 80 wins

    We'll see Carlos SOON

    La Porta SWOON

    And Branyan? don't talk about....Branyan ??? Branyan?? Branyan? Branyan?...are you serious...Branyan???

    Branyan???..dont talk about Branyan?

    Swaaannng an a missssssss.... Branyan strikes out for the fourth time tonite 🙂

  • @chris. said:

    And the pitching could be decent. If any of our starters carried an ERA in the high 3, low 4 range, I wouldn't be surprised. Westbrook could do it, Fausto could do it, Masterson could do it, Huff could do it, Talbot could do it. Obviously it would be a miracle if they ALL did it, but it seems like they all have that potential, individually. I just don't get the notion that this is some historically bad rotation. Very, very shaky, yes. But talented.

    Must....not......jinx it....

    @chris. said:

    Must....not......jinx it....

    *hyperventilating*

    Mitch freaking Talbot with the 97 pitch complete game....

    If Masterson can just start getting lefties out...

    No, I won't jinx it. The pitching is, and will continue to be, terrible.

  • @chris. said:

    Must....not......jinx it....

    *hyperventilating*

    Mitch freaking Talbot with the 97 pitch complete game....

    If Masterson can just start getting lefties out...

    No, I won't jinx it. The pitching is, and will continue to be, terrible.

    @chris. said:

    No, I won't jinx it. The pitching is, and will continue to be, terrible.

    Yes, Let the suckage continue