Carmona
-
Only one hit in six innings.
6 walks is way too many though. When he throws strikes his stuff is good enough to dominate games.
He really only made one mistake pitch tonight and it cost him a couple runs but for the most part it was encouraging.
Bullpen was solid too.
-
Yep, and if you take out the first two batters of the game (both walks) it's even more solid a start for Fausto. He obviously had some nerves going but looked like he got better as the game went on. I like that he didn't start game one, even though he seems like the better option than Westbrook, to keep some of that extra pressure away from him. And it seems like the whole coaching staff is making it clear that they're not expecting him to be CC (or even '07 Fausto), just one piece of the rotation. Hopefully he keeps getting better.
And I'm sure Laffey will get moved back to the rotation sooner than later, but like I keep saying, I love him in the bullpen. I love him anywhere, really, but with such a questionable rotation and shallow bullpen, he'll be a huge x-factor being able to pitch 1, 2 or 3 good innings and keep us alive. Thank god Acta is actually using him in big spots instead of as a mop up man.
And it seems like the offense is finally starting to click. Love seeing Brantley and LaPorta (well, and Sizemore) get it started.
-
Yep, and if you take out the first two batters of the game (both walks) it's even more solid a start for Fausto. He obviously had some nerves going but looked like he got better as the game went on. I like that he didn't start game one, even though he seems like the better option than Westbrook, to keep some of that extra pressure away from him. And it seems like the whole coaching staff is making it clear that they're not expecting him to be CC (or even '07 Fausto), just one piece of the rotation. Hopefully he keeps getting better.
And I'm sure Laffey will get moved back to the rotation sooner than later, but like I keep saying, I love him in the bullpen. I love him anywhere, really, but with such a questionable rotation and shallow bullpen, he'll be a huge x-factor being able to pitch 1, 2 or 3 good innings and keep us alive. Thank god Acta is actually using him in big spots instead of as a mop up man.
And it seems like the offense is finally starting to click. Love seeing Brantley and LaPorta (well, and Sizemore) get it started.
And I'm sure Laffey will get moved back to the rotation sooner than later, but like I keep saying, I love him in the bullpen. I love him anywhere, really, but with such a questionable rotation and shallow bullpen, he'll be a huge x-factor being able to pitch 1, 2 or 3 good innings and keep us alive. Thank god Acta is actually using him in big spots instead of as a mop up man.
It is very important that the bullpen has someone to go to for longer relief like you said. Regardless of who is starting this year there will probably be a lot of struggles. Laffey is going to help keep us in some of these games if the starter gets in trouble early.
I am much more comfortable pitching Laffey for three innings and closing with Perez than using four pitchers in four innings.
Perez really has good stuff. Hopefully Acta will have a tough decision to make when Wood gets healthy. I still think our bullpen is going to be above average this year. Our starters might struggle but I like our bullpen.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login