Skip to content

Ballparks

The Tribe Board
21 7 3.1k
  • Awesome! Pretty cool that you got to see McCutchen go off too.

    Where were your seats?

    Beanpot

    Edit: Doh! Stupid question if you took that shot from your seats, I now realize. I just remember running around all over that place with the camera when I was there far too long ago.

  • Thanks.....I have been to both KC and Wrigley.....both great places to catch a game.

  • Cool thread...

    Best place I've seen a game is Wrigley but I'm a biased Cubs fan lol. Also got the chance to check out the Twins new stadium a few weeks ago, it's awesome.

  • Ah, it's been an exhausting last couple days but there have been a few hours of baseball-inspired bliss. First a few more pictures from Wrigley.

    Obligatory "Wrigley Field entrance" photo.

    4607205883_a58090228a_b.jpg

    The view coming up from the stairs to catch BP. Amazing.

    4607817678_c1c783f907_b.jpg

    Upper deck before the game to see the whole field.

    4607207609_ec48cf127c_b.jpg

    Like Bean said, McCutchen was everywhere in this game, and I took a bunch of pictures of him. Mainly because he was one of the only interesting players in the entire game.

    4607208411_2fe3602a11_b.jpg

    Evan Meek vs. Derrek Lee

    4607821628_78ebe54bff_b.jpg

    More McCutchen. Crossing the plate after a solo shot.

    4607825314_635476a302_b.jpg

    Sweet Lou reminding Carlos Zambrano he's being paid $18 million to be a set up man (he gave up 3 earned in a tie game in the 8th)

    4607823834_84a963a3e5_b.jpg

    And there's much more, but they become pretty redundant. Obviously it was another great time overall, followed up nicely by...

  • Miller Park.

    4610942110_14a95931f3_b.jpg

    (Ryan Braun at bat)

    Not as many photos due to the focus on beer.

    Of course I did make sure to catch the sausage race.

    4610939284_a8917ee310_b.jpg

    And honored the winner (Polish) by eating one of his own.

    4610940266_1af8cc7cc0_b.jpg

    And of course washed it down with a High Life.

    4610332273_6dfe0d00e0_b.jpg

    As I said, not many pictures of actual baseball, but...

    Here's Chase Utley

    4610938572_7378014da3_b.jpg

    And a look at the scoreboard

    4610942876_c0e00014d0_b.jpg

    And a man close to my heart and yours....

    4610334587_6a078dfeb1_b.jpg

    Parking was juuuuust a bit outside. 🤔

    Another great time, obviously. It's hard to find anything to complain about with this much baseball happening.

    Next up: Jake/PNC.

  • Awesome! Pretty cool that you got to see McCutchen go off too.

    Where were your seats?

    Beanpot

    Edit: Doh! Stupid question if you took that shot from your seats, I now realize. I just remember running around all over that place with the camera when I was there far too long ago.

    @beanpot said:

    Awesome! Pretty cool that you got to see McCutchen go off too.

    Where were your seats?

    Beanpot

    Edit: Doh! Stupid question if you took that shot from your seats, I now realize. I just remember running around all over that place with the camera when I was there far too long ago.

    Yep, just slightly down the first base side, in the "second" level. Partially obstructed by one of those damn beams, but I managed.

    @ballpeen said:

    Thanks.....I have been to both KC and Wrigley.....both great places to catch a game.

    And great contrasts to each other. Kauffman's pretty high tech (and in a sectioned off "stadium section" of the city) where Wrigley is obviously just a historic place. Miller was really impressive, too. My pictures didn't do justice to how good it looks. Walking around inside the stadium was a little hectic, but the field and all the seats looked great, another great atmosphere.

  • Awesome dude.

    Is it me or does Wrigley looks like a minor league ball park?

  • Awesome dude.

    Is it me or does Wrigley looks like a minor league ball park?

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Awesome dude.

    Is it me or does Wrigley looks like a minor league ball park?

    Yep, especially the concourses. No doubt it's a great place to watch baseball, though.

    Unfortunately I was at the game last night. I took this one seconds before Wood gave up his leadoff triple.

    4624134437_fe9d021e15_b.jpg

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Awesome dude.

    Is it me or does Wrigley looks like a minor league ball park?

    Yep, especially the concourses. No doubt it's a great place to watch baseball, though.

    Unfortunately I was at the game last night. I took this one seconds before Wood gave up his leadoff triple.

    4624134437_fe9d021e15_b.jpg

    @chris. said:

    Yep, especially the concourses. No doubt it's a great place to watch baseball, though.

    Unfortunately I was at the game last night. I took this one seconds before Wood gave up his leadoff triple.

    4624134437_fe9d021e15_b.jpg

    It's packed. lol

    It's embarrassing.

  • No kidding. I wonder if Santana will be enough to re-gain some fan interest.

    Speaking of drawing interest....I went to PNC yesterday. About as enjoyable as a game can get when there's a total of one player worth a damn, on either side.

    View from across the Clemente bridge

    4633577480_773af5a6d1_b.jpg

    From my seats

    4632984521_2947aa5353_b.jpg

    And of course the one player worth a damn....Andrew McCutchen. (Jason Heyward sat out....came in to pinch hit and walked)

    4632988135_64707d020b_b.jpg

  • Went to Huntington Park. Very nice park. Santana is fun to watch. Weglarz is hitting below .100, but showed off his arm with 2 outfield assists and got the walk-off single in the 11th inning. Brian Bocock, as expected, is an absolute wizard at short.

    4646298895_4cdd0838fa_b.jpg

    4646915932_ccd706bcd7_b.jpg

    4646925840_1d4cf779ba_b.jpg

    I wish I took more pictures of the actual park....but I was a bit preoccupied with a certain player.

    4646302277_b4b778948d_b.jpg

    4646921216_caa6bea999_b.jpg

    4646927576_cb63e8cc69_b.jpg

    4646923460_200680b076_b.jpg

    4646930132_b55a07ac0c_b.jpg

    At some point I was struck with a pretty incredible surprise. Can't imagine anyone but Bean will remember this but look who I found...

    4646926768_a07ff907e5_b.jpg

    So slick with the glove, and so cool after hitting a bomb to left field.

    4646924830_e27be68d67_b.jpg

    Good time.

  • Bocock lives! And he's playing for the Ironpigs. That's...fitting.

    I see Mayberry Jr. was hitting third but not who was playing third. Is that Cody Ransom on the board??

    Awesome, awesome stuff Chris.

    Beanpot