Skip to content

Derek Anderson

The Browns Board
64 23 4.2k
  • @shepwrite said:

    It isn't like Anderson had a bad couple of weeks. We're talking about a season's worth of starts -- 16 -- with a passer rating of right at 70. That's worse than Frye. It's horrible.

    I really don't get why benching him is so controversial. His time in the sun was relatively short.

    This thread is supposed to be positive about DA.

    I think he has a good arm and throws a nice pass.

    I think he can get hot.

    I think he aired it out pretty good last year through 9 games.

    He's tall.

    He seems to be a decent guy.

  • I know that it might not say a whole lot about the guy, but I like the fact that suits up every week and has only seen injury in the preseason.

    I like that he has balls, and will throw deep and go for the big plays.

    I like that he gets rid of the ball ... which has become a bit too quick without reading coverage, but he definately ain't Tim Couch or Frye and stand back there patting the ball and always be a second late delivering it.

    I think the kid needs better coached, put in better schemes. I think this is the biggest fear I have with releasing him to a better format that will kill the league with him under center.

  • @flugel said:

    When Sipe and Kosar played Pittsburgh

    On two separate occasions, Brian Sipe threw SIX interceptions to the Steelers in a game.

    @lumbergh said:

    On two separate occasions, Brian Sipe threw SIX interceptions to the Steelers in a game.

    So you like being winless against them instead. You're in love! Why do I feel like I'm arguing with Clay's Aiken?

    Botom line: Sipe had 3 seasons in a row where he averaged over 4000 yards passing, was a finalist in MVP voting winning it once, and we made playoffs in that span. Now here's the BEST part, this was back when DBs weren't so handcuffed with rule changes/enforcements downfield so it was WAY more challenging than now.

    Sipe could ERASE a bad first 58 minutes with game winning drives your boyfriend can't do. It is what it is. That said, I'll put you down as the ONLY fan in the world that can pretend Brian Sipe is inferior to Dumb Ass with a straight face and a stinger.

    It's difficult to reason with you because when a homecoming princess sees his homecoming prince, the thing between his thighs makes his Levi's rise. I haven't misunderstood you got wood. It just gives me the willies.

    - Tom F. (Isn't it funny how good the coaching always looks when you got the right starting QB? The noise about replacing Wade Phillips suddenly ended while Barry Switzer has a Superbowl Ring on his finger)

  • I don't understand Crennel coming out and stating that Brady Quinn is the starter next season. The kid played 3 games and not only went 1-2, but also really didn't do much but run a safe system into defeat.

    I'm not bashing Quinn, I like the kid and want him on our team, I just don't understand eliminating the competition at this point. If you were going to keep this competition going for as long as it has, why end it before someone actually earns it?

    Hell, just as last season, I favor bringing in another veteran to push these two youngsters. Dorsey isn't even an option no matter how bad these two play. Who's he really mentoring? He's a dead roster spot. Starting Josh Cribbs would put more asses in the seats.

    I say keep the starting spot open through the first third of next season's training camp ... it can only increase both's value.

    We played our card and we had no reason to, IMO. It's like getting all goo-goo eyed over Tim Couch all over again and not even considering HUGE options such as the Ditka deal. STFU, and let it play out.

    @atenears said:

    I don't understand Crennel coming out and stating that Brady Quinn is the starter next season. The kid played 3 games and not only went 1-2, but also really didn't do much but run a safe system into defeat.

    Because thats how RAC works, which i'm guessing it is a motivational tool. It certainly doesn't inspire competition, kinda like a little league tourney where everyone gets trophys.

  • @lumbergh said:

    On two separate occasions, Brian Sipe threw SIX interceptions to the Steelers in a game.

    So you like being winless against them instead. You're in love! Why do I feel like I'm arguing with Clay's Aiken?

    Botom line: Sipe had 3 seasons in a row where he averaged over 4000 yards passing, was a finalist in MVP voting winning it once, and we made playoffs in that span. Now here's the BEST part, this was back when DBs weren't so handcuffed with rule changes/enforcements downfield so it was WAY more challenging than now.

    Sipe could ERASE a bad first 58 minutes with game winning drives your boyfriend can't do. It is what it is. That said, I'll put you down as the ONLY fan in the world that can pretend Brian Sipe is inferior to Dumb Ass with a straight face and a stinger.

    It's difficult to reason with you because when a homecoming princess sees his homecoming prince, the thing between his thighs makes his Levi's rise. I haven't misunderstood you got wood. It just gives me the willies.

    - Tom F. (Isn't it funny how good the coaching always looks when you got the right starting QB? The noise about replacing Wade Phillips suddenly ended while Barry Switzer has a Superbowl Ring on his finger)

    @flugel said:

    So you like being winless against them instead.

    I like playing the QB that gives the team the BEST CHANCE to beat any team.

    And no, the guy who got creamed by the Texans doesn't give the team a better chance against the Steelers.

  • I agree Tom, Derek Anderson is the ONLY QB in the past twenty years we could mention in the same breath as Brian Sipe.

    Sipe wasn't afraid to air it out, most times in nothing-to-lose games coming from behind. Imagine how many games would have went down the shitter if his top receiver lead the league in drops each of those four years Sipe put up big numbers?

  • If we get a new head coach, I think there is a good chance DA could still be on the team.

    It is hard to imagine a new coach being hired who will comfortable with a starting qb who has 2 games of experience and his hand fresh out of a cast.

    I wish the guy well and hope he rips it up the next several weeks.

    There is no reason at all for anybody to hope less, unless the Dorsey fans start to come out of the woodwork.

    If DA plays well, it does one of 2 things...it increases his value if we do trade him, or it gives the new coach something to consider....and his consideration is the weight that counts...Romeo's opinion means little.....that is unless people really think he will remain the coach.

    Romeo telling me who the starter is next season is about as important and on point as President Bush telling us what our strategy in Iraq will be in 2 years.

  • Agreed Shep; I am curious who would you take in the draft?

  • I know that it might not say a whole lot about the guy, but I like the fact that suits up every week and has only seen injury in the preseason.

    I like that he has balls, and will throw deep and go for the big plays.

    I like that he gets rid of the ball ... which has become a bit too quick without reading coverage, but he definately ain't Tim Couch or Frye and stand back there patting the ball and always be a second late delivering it.

    I think the kid needs better coached, put in better schemes. I think this is the biggest fear I have with releasing him to a better format that will kill the league with him under center.

    @atenears said:

    I know that it might not say a whole lot about the guy, but I like the fact that suits up every week and has only seen injury in the preseason.

    I like that he has balls, and will throw deep and go for the big plays.

    I like that he gets rid of the ball ... which has become a bit too quick without reading coverage, but he definately ain't Tim Couch or Frye and stand back there patting the ball and always be a second late delivering it.

    I think the kid needs better coached, put in better schemes. I think this is the biggest fear I have with releasing him to a better format that will kill the league with him under center.

    Change the bong water Stan,,,without being an ass...I still say he sucks...even Skip Bayless thinks hes gonna be better than Quinn or Trent Edwards.,...That in itself should scare anyone!

  • Who's EVER done that?

    Ryan Leaf??

  • @atenears said:

    Just how many protesting threads have you put up about us releasing Sanders (again) this week? You guys keep telling us that benching BE isn't the same as benching DA for BQ because we have no one behind BE to replace him with.

    Really? This is how desperate you have become to vindicate DA/Lum/whomever??? Come on, Stan. Let's get serious here for a minute.

    First, you're wondering why there aren't any "Fuck, Steve Sanders was cut!" threads? It's because nobody cares. More accurately, it's because it doesn't matter at all. He's never been a major component of the team/prospective future component.

    Second, let me explain why "benching" BE and "benching DA" are different things, at least to me. Braylon Edwards had a real all-pro season for us last year, he was completely dominant. I'm sure you watched. Many, if not most of us, believe last year's BE is the real BE, and is just struggling with attitude, motivation, whatever, this season. Prima donna...perhaps. Awesome talent...certainly. Plus, he has no viable replacement whatsoever. Steptoe? If anything, he is a respected threat and merits defensive attention freeing up other players. On the other hand, DA had a good first half and a vomitous second half, and his downright awful showing this season showed us who he really is; a marginal NFL QB. Plus, he had a viable replacement in a 2nd year 1st round pick that fans (and I would have to assume, the organization) want to get some real game footage of, and it isn't like you can use you piece-of-garbage QB as a decoy.

    I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here. Who knows if Quinn is, but at least he's going to get his shot.

  • @shepwrite said:

    And Quinn looks the part of a serious, long-term starter in this league.

    Wake up shep, Quinn looks like Charlie Frye Version 2.0.

    I know how this ends....Can you say HEATH SHULER???

  • @atenears said:

    Just how many protesting threads have you put up about us releasing Sanders (again) this week? You guys keep telling us that benching BE isn't the same as benching DA for BQ because we have no one behind BE to replace him with.

    Really? This is how desperate you have become to vindicate DA/Lum/whomever??? Come on, Stan. Let's get serious here for a minute.

    First, you're wondering why there aren't any "Fuck, Steve Sanders was cut!" threads? It's because nobody cares. More accurately, it's because it doesn't matter at all. He's never been a major component of the team/prospective future component.

    Second, let me explain why "benching" BE and "benching DA" are different things, at least to me. Braylon Edwards had a real all-pro season for us last year, he was completely dominant. I'm sure you watched. Many, if not most of us, believe last year's BE is the real BE, and is just struggling with attitude, motivation, whatever, this season. Prima donna...perhaps. Awesome talent...certainly. Plus, he has no viable replacement whatsoever. Steptoe? If anything, he is a respected threat and merits defensive attention freeing up other players. On the other hand, DA had a good first half and a vomitous second half, and his downright awful showing this season showed us who he really is; a marginal NFL QB. Plus, he had a viable replacement in a 2nd year 1st round pick that fans (and I would have to assume, the organization) want to get some real game footage of, and it isn't like you can use you piece-of-garbage QB as a decoy.

    I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here. Who knows if Quinn is, but at least he's going to get his shot.

    mz. said:

    I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here.

    I'm sure you'd love it if that were the case.

    But like another BQ Fag said in another thread......a good showing from DA over these last 5 games would be the BQ Fags' "biggest nightmare".

  • I know that it might not say a whole lot about the guy, but I like the fact that suits up every week and has only seen injury in the preseason.

    I like that he has balls, and will throw deep and go for the big plays.

    I like that he gets rid of the ball ... which has become a bit too quick without reading coverage, but he definately ain't Tim Couch or Frye and stand back there patting the ball and always be a second late delivering it.

    I think the kid needs better coached, put in better schemes. I think this is the biggest fear I have with releasing him to a better format that will kill the league with him under center.

    @atenears said:

    I like that he has balls, and will throw deep and go for the big plays.

    I like that he gets rid of the ball ... which has become a bit too quick without reading coverage, but he definately ain't Tim Couch or Frye and stand back there patting the ball and always be a second late delivering it.

    Neither of those are good things, Ate. He doesn't throw the ball quick, deep, and into coverage every time because he's "brave." He does it because he's a Retard.

  • Its a disgrace and a blasphemy to put DA.

    In the same sentence as sipe but im glad we have him for a backup but we wont win but one more game this season anyway...😉

  • The simple fact is that if the team did not make the deal for Quinn, DA would be a god in this town. Pro-bowl QB's (i know- he was an alternate) don't come around here very often unless they are wearing a visitors uniform. The fact that the HC and his teammates love him and the fans don't is the weirdest thing that i've seen in all my years as a fan.

    i cheered for Brady last week, and i'm cheering for DA this week.

    BTW, did anyone notice that the best tackle by the Browns last week was by Quinn after his first interception? i'm thinking he can play Free Safety with that bad finger. The guy is a player. This coaching staff needs to get creative.

    @roach said:

    The simple fact is that if the team did not make the deal for Quinn, DA would be a god in this town.

    Yeah, that's ridiculously simple.

    Not saying you're wrong (after all, this is the town that has made Gods out of Omar Vizquel and Casey Blake), just that I can't imagine another town that would deify a QB who has been, well, as ordinary as DA has been over his last several starts.

    Love his potential, not sold on his production. Same goes for Quinn. Can't picture another town that would call either of the two a "God" at this point.

    I'm hating the whole DA/Quinn thing on this board. Most every thread involves someone calling another a fag or a worshiper or some such nonsense, no matter the topic. The crazed Oregon guy (can't remember his name) is in every thread railing on people and then the masses seek him out and yell right back at him. Almost always devolves into one person calling the other a guy who likes to have sex with squirrels when other guys aren't available.

    Zero fucking creativity.

    Beanpot

  • @roach said:

    The simple fact is that if the team did not make the deal for Quinn, DA would be a god in this town.

    Yeah, that's ridiculously simple.

    Not saying you're wrong (after all, this is the town that has made Gods out of Omar Vizquel and Casey Blake), just that I can't imagine another town that would deify a QB who has been, well, as ordinary as DA has been over his last several starts.

    Love his potential, not sold on his production. Same goes for Quinn. Can't picture another town that would call either of the two a "God" at this point.

    I'm hating the whole DA/Quinn thing on this board. Most every thread involves someone calling another a fag or a worshiper or some such nonsense, no matter the topic. The crazed Oregon guy (can't remember his name) is in every thread railing on people and then the masses seek him out and yell right back at him. Almost always devolves into one person calling the other a guy who likes to have sex with squirrels when other guys aren't available.

    Zero fucking creativity.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    Zero fucking creativity.

    Beanpot

    Brady fag

  • SoupDawg said:

    What a crap thread.

    This forum is starting to turn into a joke

    Strange that ATE didn't start this thread when BQ was the starter. That being said, I hope DA wins some games for us before the season is over. I highly doubt he does, but I truly hope he increases the 5th round draft pick that we will get for him at this point. Plus, his good buddy Fraley won't be playing Ole' with the opposing teams DT now.

  • mz. said:

    I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here.

    I'm sure you'd love it if that were the case.

    But like another BQ Fag said in another thread......a good showing from DA over these last 5 games would be the BQ Fags' "biggest nightmare".

    @lumbergh said:

    I'm sure you'd love it if that were the case.

    But like another BQ Fag said in another thread......a good showing from DA over these last 5 games would be the BQ Fags' "biggest nightmare".

    Five games and counting until you and your fellow fucktards release OUR football team you've been holding hostage since the beginning of last year.

    Like I said, Lum - because you didn't hear it the first time - a 5000 passer rating still gets you a ticket out of town.

    Bye.

  • @lumbergh said:

    On two separate occasions, Brian Sipe threw SIX interceptions to the Steelers in a game.

    So you like being winless against them instead. You're in love! Why do I feel like I'm arguing with Clay's Aiken?

    Botom line: Sipe had 3 seasons in a row where he averaged over 4000 yards passing, was a finalist in MVP voting winning it once, and we made playoffs in that span. Now here's the BEST part, this was back when DBs weren't so handcuffed with rule changes/enforcements downfield so it was WAY more challenging than now.

    Sipe could ERASE a bad first 58 minutes with game winning drives your boyfriend can't do. It is what it is. That said, I'll put you down as the ONLY fan in the world that can pretend Brian Sipe is inferior to Dumb Ass with a straight face and a stinger.

    It's difficult to reason with you because when a homecoming princess sees his homecoming prince, the thing between his thighs makes his Levi's rise. I haven't misunderstood you got wood. It just gives me the willies.

    - Tom F. (Isn't it funny how good the coaching always looks when you got the right starting QB? The noise about replacing Wade Phillips suddenly ended while Barry Switzer has a Superbowl Ring on his finger)

    @flugel said:

    So you like being winless against them instead. You're in love! Why do I feel like I'm arguing with Clay's Aiken?

    Botom line: Sipe had 3 seasons in a row where he averaged over 4000 yards passing, was a finalist in MVP voting winning it once, and we made playoffs in that span. Now here's the BEST part, this was back when DBs weren't so handcuffed with rule changes/enforcements downfield so it was WAY more challenging than now.

    Sipe could ERASE a bad first 58 minutes with game winning drives your boyfriend can't do. It is what it is. That said, I'll put you down as the ONLY fan in the world that can pretend Brian Sipe is inferior to Dumb Ass with a straight face and a stinger.

    It's difficult to reason with you because when a homecoming princess sees his homecoming prince, the thing between his thighs makes his Levi's rise. I haven't misunderstood you got wood. It just gives me the willies.

    - Tom F. (Isn't it funny how good the coaching always looks when you got the right starting QB? The noise about replacing Wade Phillips suddenly ended while Barry Switzer has a Superbowl Ring on his finger)