Skip to content

Derek Anderson

The Browns Board
64 23 4.2k
  • @atenears said:

    Just how many protesting threads have you put up about us releasing Sanders (again) this week? You guys keep telling us that benching BE isn't the same as benching DA for BQ because we have no one behind BE to replace him with.

    Really? This is how desperate you have become to vindicate DA/Lum/whomever??? Come on, Stan. Let's get serious here for a minute.

    First, you're wondering why there aren't any "Fuck, Steve Sanders was cut!" threads? It's because nobody cares. More accurately, it's because it doesn't matter at all. He's never been a major component of the team/prospective future component.

    Second, let me explain why "benching" BE and "benching DA" are different things, at least to me. Braylon Edwards had a real all-pro season for us last year, he was completely dominant. I'm sure you watched. Many, if not most of us, believe last year's BE is the real BE, and is just struggling with attitude, motivation, whatever, this season. Prima donna...perhaps. Awesome talent...certainly. Plus, he has no viable replacement whatsoever. Steptoe? If anything, he is a respected threat and merits defensive attention freeing up other players. On the other hand, DA had a good first half and a vomitous second half, and his downright awful showing this season showed us who he really is; a marginal NFL QB. Plus, he had a viable replacement in a 2nd year 1st round pick that fans (and I would have to assume, the organization) want to get some real game footage of, and it isn't like you can use you piece-of-garbage QB as a decoy.

    I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here. Who knows if Quinn is, but at least he's going to get his shot.

    mz. said:

    I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here.

    I'm sure you'd love it if that were the case.

    But like another BQ Fag said in another thread......a good showing from DA over these last 5 games would be the BQ Fags' "biggest nightmare".

  • I know that it might not say a whole lot about the guy, but I like the fact that suits up every week and has only seen injury in the preseason.

    I like that he has balls, and will throw deep and go for the big plays.

    I like that he gets rid of the ball ... which has become a bit too quick without reading coverage, but he definately ain't Tim Couch or Frye and stand back there patting the ball and always be a second late delivering it.

    I think the kid needs better coached, put in better schemes. I think this is the biggest fear I have with releasing him to a better format that will kill the league with him under center.

    @atenears said:

    I like that he has balls, and will throw deep and go for the big plays.

    I like that he gets rid of the ball ... which has become a bit too quick without reading coverage, but he definately ain't Tim Couch or Frye and stand back there patting the ball and always be a second late delivering it.

    Neither of those are good things, Ate. He doesn't throw the ball quick, deep, and into coverage every time because he's "brave." He does it because he's a Retard.

  • Its a disgrace and a blasphemy to put DA.

    In the same sentence as sipe but im glad we have him for a backup but we wont win but one more game this season anyway...😉

  • The simple fact is that if the team did not make the deal for Quinn, DA would be a god in this town. Pro-bowl QB's (i know- he was an alternate) don't come around here very often unless they are wearing a visitors uniform. The fact that the HC and his teammates love him and the fans don't is the weirdest thing that i've seen in all my years as a fan.

    i cheered for Brady last week, and i'm cheering for DA this week.

    BTW, did anyone notice that the best tackle by the Browns last week was by Quinn after his first interception? i'm thinking he can play Free Safety with that bad finger. The guy is a player. This coaching staff needs to get creative.

    @roach said:

    The simple fact is that if the team did not make the deal for Quinn, DA would be a god in this town.

    Yeah, that's ridiculously simple.

    Not saying you're wrong (after all, this is the town that has made Gods out of Omar Vizquel and Casey Blake), just that I can't imagine another town that would deify a QB who has been, well, as ordinary as DA has been over his last several starts.

    Love his potential, not sold on his production. Same goes for Quinn. Can't picture another town that would call either of the two a "God" at this point.

    I'm hating the whole DA/Quinn thing on this board. Most every thread involves someone calling another a fag or a worshiper or some such nonsense, no matter the topic. The crazed Oregon guy (can't remember his name) is in every thread railing on people and then the masses seek him out and yell right back at him. Almost always devolves into one person calling the other a guy who likes to have sex with squirrels when other guys aren't available.

    Zero fucking creativity.

    Beanpot

  • @roach said:

    The simple fact is that if the team did not make the deal for Quinn, DA would be a god in this town.

    Yeah, that's ridiculously simple.

    Not saying you're wrong (after all, this is the town that has made Gods out of Omar Vizquel and Casey Blake), just that I can't imagine another town that would deify a QB who has been, well, as ordinary as DA has been over his last several starts.

    Love his potential, not sold on his production. Same goes for Quinn. Can't picture another town that would call either of the two a "God" at this point.

    I'm hating the whole DA/Quinn thing on this board. Most every thread involves someone calling another a fag or a worshiper or some such nonsense, no matter the topic. The crazed Oregon guy (can't remember his name) is in every thread railing on people and then the masses seek him out and yell right back at him. Almost always devolves into one person calling the other a guy who likes to have sex with squirrels when other guys aren't available.

    Zero fucking creativity.

    Beanpot

    @beanpot said:

    Zero fucking creativity.

    Beanpot

    Brady fag

  • SoupDawg said:

    What a crap thread.

    This forum is starting to turn into a joke

    Strange that ATE didn't start this thread when BQ was the starter. That being said, I hope DA wins some games for us before the season is over. I highly doubt he does, but I truly hope he increases the 5th round draft pick that we will get for him at this point. Plus, his good buddy Fraley won't be playing Ole' with the opposing teams DT now.

  • mz. said:

    I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here.

    I'm sure you'd love it if that were the case.

    But like another BQ Fag said in another thread......a good showing from DA over these last 5 games would be the BQ Fags' "biggest nightmare".

    @lumbergh said:

    I'm sure you'd love it if that were the case.

    But like another BQ Fag said in another thread......a good showing from DA over these last 5 games would be the BQ Fags' "biggest nightmare".

    Five games and counting until you and your fellow fucktards release OUR football team you've been holding hostage since the beginning of last year.

    Like I said, Lum - because you didn't hear it the first time - a 5000 passer rating still gets you a ticket out of town.

    Bye.

  • @lumbergh said:

    On two separate occasions, Brian Sipe threw SIX interceptions to the Steelers in a game.

    So you like being winless against them instead. You're in love! Why do I feel like I'm arguing with Clay's Aiken?

    Botom line: Sipe had 3 seasons in a row where he averaged over 4000 yards passing, was a finalist in MVP voting winning it once, and we made playoffs in that span. Now here's the BEST part, this was back when DBs weren't so handcuffed with rule changes/enforcements downfield so it was WAY more challenging than now.

    Sipe could ERASE a bad first 58 minutes with game winning drives your boyfriend can't do. It is what it is. That said, I'll put you down as the ONLY fan in the world that can pretend Brian Sipe is inferior to Dumb Ass with a straight face and a stinger.

    It's difficult to reason with you because when a homecoming princess sees his homecoming prince, the thing between his thighs makes his Levi's rise. I haven't misunderstood you got wood. It just gives me the willies.

    - Tom F. (Isn't it funny how good the coaching always looks when you got the right starting QB? The noise about replacing Wade Phillips suddenly ended while Barry Switzer has a Superbowl Ring on his finger)

    @flugel said:

    So you like being winless against them instead. You're in love! Why do I feel like I'm arguing with Clay's Aiken?

    Botom line: Sipe had 3 seasons in a row where he averaged over 4000 yards passing, was a finalist in MVP voting winning it once, and we made playoffs in that span. Now here's the BEST part, this was back when DBs weren't so handcuffed with rule changes/enforcements downfield so it was WAY more challenging than now.

    Sipe could ERASE a bad first 58 minutes with game winning drives your boyfriend can't do. It is what it is. That said, I'll put you down as the ONLY fan in the world that can pretend Brian Sipe is inferior to Dumb Ass with a straight face and a stinger.

    It's difficult to reason with you because when a homecoming princess sees his homecoming prince, the thing between his thighs makes his Levi's rise. I haven't misunderstood you got wood. It just gives me the willies.

    - Tom F. (Isn't it funny how good the coaching always looks when you got the right starting QB? The noise about replacing Wade Phillips suddenly ended while Barry Switzer has a Superbowl Ring on his finger)

  • I’m a DA fan and I wish he could be the Brown’s QB. But, there is no way in hell he can stay in Cleveland. (my home) For whatever reason there is to much pure hatred against him. It goes beyond football. It’s personal. Pure, vicious hatred, by a bunch of very, very stupid people. It’s also to widespread, too many people. I honestly don’t think he would be safe staying here. Like I said, too many very stupid people live here. If a guy is a bad player and constantly screws up, like a few of our receivers have, boo him if you want. But when this many people want to cause the guy physical harm, that’s way over the top. Not a good situation. Everybody says the owner is bad, the GM is bad and RAC is bad. Well I got news for you folks. In Cleveland, the fans are bad. I don’t care if DA really lights the league up these next few games, DA my boy, you’ve got to get the hell out of Cleveland. Win or lose, you will have a better life if you get the hell away from these people. Sad but true.

  • what we need here is a play nice thread for the DA worshippers and one for the BQ worshippers...they both think they are right. I like the guidelines on this thread...pretty much talk nice about DA or you are going to get deleted...I'm lovin' this board more and more.

  • Its a disgrace and a blasphemy to put DA.

    In the same sentence as sipe but im glad we have him for a backup but we wont win but one more game this season anyway...😉

    @gips said:

    Its a disgrace and a blasphemy to put DA.

    In the same sentence as sipe but im glad we have him for a backup but we wont win but one more game this season anyway...😉

    Really?

    Derek Anderson had the closest season to Sipe's record setter of 1980 of any QB we've ever paraded through here. Sure Kosar threw 22 TD's in 1987, and threw for 3,854 yrds in 1986, but to say that Derek's 29-TD's of last year can't be mentioned with Sipe's 30-TD's of 1980 is wrong, especially when DA put them up in his first full year as a starter, compared to Sipe doing it in Year #7.

    The following year (1981) Sipe threw 17-TD's & 25-INT's. His QB rating went from 91.6 to 68.2. Hell Kosar only completed 50% of his passes his first year and 58% his second (DA completed 56.5% last season in being mocked).

    3,787 yards, 29-TD's, 19 INT's and a QB Rating of 82.5% ... and just think he was absolutly horrible and the worst QB on the planet the last 8 games ... (as most will tell you here) ... right?

    The Colts come to town on Sunday. They've started ONE QB over the past 11 seasons. The Browns have started 11 QB's in the past ten. It's not like we have a lot of knowledge of what a good QB or Bad QB is ... when one lights up the league, we are really in no position to start boo'ing him and looking to the next guy, but that is exactly what the fans in this city did last off-season and into his first full year at the helm. Stupid.

    We did this same thing with a coach named Bill Belichick. The guy inherited a 3-13 club, and built it up to 11-5 and we joined the media in running him out on a rail. Boy, we sure showed him .... at the next party, make a cool statement like, "Who could of known!" (certainly not Browns fans, who are so keen on coaches that they see theirs replaced about every four years).

    CLEVELAND = Where Tim Couch is still loved after five meaningless seasons averaging 17-TD's to 18-INT's for 2,200 yrds and a 22-35 record, but Derek Anderson is Boo'ed and sent packing for averaging 21-TD, 17-INT, 3,000 yrds with a 13-13 record over two seasons. Brilliant!

  • @shepwrite said:

    How many games did Leaf start? 25? And he sucked. But you don't make that decision until the kid's had 20-25 start minimum.

    I don't know...that is why i was asking you....25 seems high.

    I think one could look back through 1st round qbs drafted who didn't get 25 starts with the team that drafted them...

    I don't disagree with much of what you say, but you totally discount the new regime.

    What if the new guy doesn't like Quinn?

    What if the new coach was associated with a team that passed Quinn and he was a big reason on why they passed??

    I am not telling you that you are wrong. I am just telling you that you aren't as right as you think you are since there are some new developments.....and coaching changes and possible GM changes to quality as such.

    No??

  • @shepwrite said:

    How many games did Leaf start? 25? And he sucked. But you don't make that decision until the kid's had 20-25 start minimum.

    I don't know...that is why i was asking you....25 seems high.

    I think one could look back through 1st round qbs drafted who didn't get 25 starts with the team that drafted them...

    I don't disagree with much of what you say, but you totally discount the new regime.

    What if the new guy doesn't like Quinn?

    What if the new coach was associated with a team that passed Quinn and he was a big reason on why they passed??

    I am not telling you that you are wrong. I am just telling you that you aren't as right as you think you are since there are some new developments.....and coaching changes and possible GM changes to quality as such.

    No??

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know...that is why i was asking you....25 seems high.

    I think one could look back through 1st round qbs drafted who didn't get 25 starts with the team that drafted them...

    Leaf started 18 games for the Chargers. He started 3 more games with the Cowboys.

    Here's some more 1st round QBs who never got 25 starts:

    David Klingler started 24 games for the Bengals.

    Heath Shuler started 13 games for the Redskins. He started 9 more with the Saints.

    Jim Druckenmiller started 1 game for the 49ers.

    Akili Smith started 17 games for the Bengals.

    Cade McNown started 15 games for the Bears.

    Patrick Ramsey started 24 games for the Redskins, he is currently on the Broncos roster.

    Matt Leinart has started 16 games for the Cards, although he could start more in the future.

    Aaron Rodgers and Jamarcus Russell have each started 11, but they're currently starters.

  • I only got 18 starts as QB of my flag football team in Columbus. Total bullshit, it was a city rec league and I was the token white guy on an all black team.

    Oh, it was gravy when everything was going great from the get go, but then the bitching started and I fell out of favor. Pretty soon I was replaced by a running QB and relegated to the sidelines. After that, I just kind of disappeared into the sunset, never to be heard from again.

    The brothers turned on me man.

  • Guilty feet have got no rhythm

  • I only got 18 starts as QB of my flag football team in Columbus. Total bullshit, it was a city rec league and I was the token white guy on an all black team.

    Oh, it was gravy when everything was going great from the get go, but then the bitching started and I fell out of favor. Pretty soon I was replaced by a running QB and relegated to the sidelines. After that, I just kind of disappeared into the sunset, never to be heard from again.

    The brothers turned on me man.

    @riffer-x said:

    I only got 18 starts as QB of my flag football team in Columbus. Total bullshit, it was a city rec league and I was the token white guy on an all black team.

    Oh, it was gravy when everything was going great from the get go, but then the bitching started and I fell out of favor. Pretty soon I was replaced by a running QB and relegated to the sidelines. After that, I just kind of disappeared into the sunset, never to be heard from again.

    The brothers turned on me man.

    LOL....maybe you should have bought a lime green top hat and some lime green shoes.

  • Whether its DA or BQ I honestly dont care. I want the qb that can run the offense the most efficiently and win games. that is what its about. I wouldnt care if Cribbs ran the offense and they started playing an option offense. the man can run and throw why not try it out. plus you put jamal in to jam the line and have harrison follow cribbs around the corner.

    WHETHER OUR BELOVED BROWNS WIN OR LOSE AT LEAST THAT IS A FUN OFFENSE TO WATCH.

    BUT WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW, i ONLY RAN AN OPTION OFFENSE FOR FOUR YEARS IN HIGH SHCOOL. 4 YEARS 1400 YARDS RUSHING AND 24 PASSING TD'S.

  • All is good; however, I am not certain the option would work in the NFL. That said, who would think the single wing AKA the 'WildDawg' would come back after 100 years.....you never know

  • @shepwrite said:

    How many games did Leaf start? 25? And he sucked. But you don't make that decision until the kid's had 20-25 start minimum.

    I don't know...that is why i was asking you....25 seems high.

    I think one could look back through 1st round qbs drafted who didn't get 25 starts with the team that drafted them...

    I don't disagree with much of what you say, but you totally discount the new regime.

    What if the new guy doesn't like Quinn?

    What if the new coach was associated with a team that passed Quinn and he was a big reason on why they passed??

    I am not telling you that you are wrong. I am just telling you that you aren't as right as you think you are since there are some new developments.....and coaching changes and possible GM changes to quality as such.

    No??

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't know...that is why i was asking you....25 seems high.

    I think one could look back through 1st round qbs drafted who didn't get 25 starts with the team that drafted them...

    I don't disagree with much of what you say, but you totally discount the new regime.

    What if the new guy doesn't like Quinn?

    Ballpeen, that's a very logical question. I think what infuriorates people is that Savage had an urgency to cough up 2 draft picks to trade back up into round 1 to get BQ. We're just not good enough to throw away that many draft picks so if Quinn wasn't WORTHY of putting on the field for some guy that was 0-3 and did NOT win the starting job in camp, we've thrown out 3 different draft picks essentially for a 47% completion rating. Quinn actually had the strongest preseason performances in 2007 while Frye and DA combined for 1 TD pass all preseason of 07. NOBODY understood the hesitation and reluctance to REMOVE DA when he threw that game away in Cincy last year. We reached their 29 yard line or further 5 times without scoring on any of those as we watched 4 bad decisions yanking playoffs from our future. The SAD thing was our oline paved the way for about 150 yards rushing that day and Bodden returned an INT to Cincy's 22 that SHOULD have made QBing easy vrs the crap team we were playing. Seriously, does a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or even a Drew Brees lose a game like that? For that matter, does Chad Pennington?

    Then, in 2008, we had to stomach countless BAD days from DA regardless of excuses without ever once seeing this newfound need for a spark RAC alluded to. Somebody like Lums will NEVER get this but the FANS did not draft BQ or heavily commit to him on draft day - Savage did. Am I right in saying that? Now here's the ridiculous outcome: we won't know if BQ was the right choice heading into season #3 and a majority of fans are certain DA is NOT the guy. That's inexcusable for our BRASS to not know if we're set at QB or not.

    Furthermore, all this follows cramming Trent Doofus down our esophagii so we ALL saw Frye as an upgrade. Now THAT sucks! This has been a collasal screwup BUT what masks everything is a schedule full of candyasses in 2007 where 12 opponents averaged 4 wins apiece (2 were winless at the time we played them). I don't DA's late Novemeber and December looked anything like his September and October as the number of scouting reports for DCs to master him made it easy.

    - Tom F.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't know...that is why i was asking you....25 seems high.

    I think one could look back through 1st round qbs drafted who didn't get 25 starts with the team that drafted them...

    I don't disagree with much of what you say, but you totally discount the new regime.

    What if the new guy doesn't like Quinn?

    Ballpeen, that's a very logical question. I think what infuriorates people is that Savage had an urgency to cough up 2 draft picks to trade back up into round 1 to get BQ. We're just not good enough to throw away that many draft picks so if Quinn wasn't WORTHY of putting on the field for some guy that was 0-3 and did NOT win the starting job in camp, we've thrown out 3 different draft picks essentially for a 47% completion rating. Quinn actually had the strongest preseason performances in 2007 while Frye and DA combined for 1 TD pass all preseason of 07. NOBODY understood the hesitation and reluctance to REMOVE DA when he threw that game away in Cincy last year. We reached their 29 yard line or further 5 times without scoring on any of those as we watched 4 bad decisions yanking playoffs from our future. The SAD thing was our oline paved the way for about 150 yards rushing that day and Bodden returned an INT to Cincy's 22 that SHOULD have made QBing easy vrs the crap team we were playing. Seriously, does a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or even a Drew Brees lose a game like that? For that matter, does Chad Pennington?

    Then, in 2008, we had to stomach countless BAD days from DA regardless of excuses without ever once seeing this newfound need for a spark RAC alluded to. Somebody like Lums will NEVER get this but the FANS did not draft BQ or heavily commit to him on draft day - Savage did. Am I right in saying that? Now here's the ridiculous outcome: we won't know if BQ was the right choice heading into season #3 and a majority of fans are certain DA is NOT the guy. That's inexcusable for our BRASS to not know if we're set at QB or not.

    Furthermore, all this follows cramming Trent Doofus down our esophagii so we ALL saw Frye as an upgrade. Now THAT sucks! This has been a collasal screwup BUT what masks everything is a schedule full of candyasses in 2007 where 12 opponents averaged 4 wins apiece (2 were winless at the time we played them). I don't DA's late Novemeber and December looked anything like his September and October as the number of scouting reports for DCs to master him made it easy.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    Ballpeen, that's a very logical question. I think what infuriorates people is that Savage had an urgency to cough up 2 draft picks to trade back up into round 1 to get BQ. We're just not good enough to throw away that many draft picks so if Quinn wasn't WORTHY of putting on the field for some guy that was 0-3 and did NOT win the starting job in camp, we've thrown out 3 different draft picks essentially for a 47% completion rating. Quinn actually had the strongest preseason performances in 2007 while Frye and DA combined for 1 TD pass all preseason of 07. NOBODY understood the hesitation and reluctance to REMOVE DA when he threw that game away in Cincy last year. We reached their 29 yard line or further 5 times without scoring on any of those as we watched 4 bad decisions yanking playoffs from our future. The SAD thing was our oline paved the way for about 150 yards rushing that day and Bodden returned an INT to Cincy's 22 that SHOULD have made QBing easy vrs the crap team we were playing. Seriously, does a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or even a Drew Brees lose a game like that? For that matter, does Chad Pennington?

    Then, in 2008, we had to stomach countless BAD days from DA regardless of excuses without ever once seeing this newfound need for a spark RAC alluded to. Somebody like Lums will NEVER get this but the FANS did not draft BQ or heavily commit to him on draft day - Savage did. Am I right in saying that? Now here's the ridiculous outcome: we won't know if BQ was the right choice heading into season #3 and a majority of fans are certain DA is NOT the guy. That's inexcusable for our BRASS to not know if we're set at QB or not.

    Furthermore, all this follows cramming Trent Doofus down our esophagii so we ALL saw Frye as an upgrade. Now THAT sucks! This has been a collasal screwup BUT what masks everything is a schedule full of candyasses in 2007 where 12 opponents averaged 4 wins apiece (2 were winless at the time we played them). I don't DA's late Novemeber and December looked anything like his September and October as the number of scouting reports for DCs to master him made it easy.

    - Tom F.

    That post was money Flugs.