Derek Anderson
-
@riffer-x said:
Wrong.Lums is actually in love with BQ and extremely attracted to him. He has a hard time coming to terms with this, so instead he portends to hate Queen and back the Serial Drive Killer until the Beavers come home.
He would make a great study.
Riffer is having trouble understanding why Non-BQ Fags don't want to get oiled up and lay pipe to their Brady Quinn Fathead posters.
-
@riffer-x said:
Wrong.Lums is actually in love with BQ and extremely attracted to him. He has a hard time coming to terms with this, so instead he portends to hate Queen and back the Serial Drive Killer until the Beavers come home.
He would make a great study.
Riffer is having trouble understanding why Non-BQ Fags don't want to get oiled up and lay pipe to their Brady Quinn Fathead posters.
Riffer is having trouble understanding why Non-BQ Fags don't want to get oiled up and lay pipe to their Brady Quinn Fathead posters.
You're repressing your desires Lums, this is not healthy.
You can rationalize, justify, deny, block it out of your mind and kick and scream all you want, but it's not going to change the fact you're infatuated with the Golden Domer.
Hey, it can't be easy coming to terms with your own sexuality Lums, especially after having a kid but hey, shit happens.
You probably need to let this all out, it would be much healthier.
-
@atenears said:
Just how many protesting threads have you put up about us releasing Sanders (again) this week? You guys keep telling us that benching BE isn't the same as benching DA for BQ because we have no one behind BE to replace him with.Really? This is how desperate you have become to vindicate DA/Lum/whomever??? Come on, Stan. Let's get serious here for a minute.
First, you're wondering why there aren't any "Fuck, Steve Sanders was cut!" threads? It's because nobody cares. More accurately, it's because it doesn't matter at all. He's never been a major component of the team/prospective future component.
Second, let me explain why "benching" BE and "benching DA" are different things, at least to me. Braylon Edwards had a real all-pro season for us last year, he was completely dominant. I'm sure you watched. Many, if not most of us, believe last year's BE is the real BE, and is just struggling with attitude, motivation, whatever, this season. Prima donna...perhaps. Awesome talent...certainly. Plus, he has no viable replacement whatsoever. Steptoe? If anything, he is a respected threat and merits defensive attention freeing up other players. On the other hand, DA had a good first half and a vomitous second half, and his downright awful showing this season showed us who he really is; a marginal NFL QB. Plus, he had a viable replacement in a 2nd year 1st round pick that fans (and I would have to assume, the organization) want to get some real game footage of, and it isn't like you can use you piece-of-garbage QB as a decoy.
I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here. Who knows if Quinn is, but at least he's going to get his shot.
mz. said:
I don't give a fuck if DA puts up 30 TDs to no INTs with a 5000 QB rating in these last five games, he has proven he isn't the QB of the future here. Who knows if Quinn is, but at least he's going to get his shot.i think this sums up things pretty neatly.
-
Guys, Lerner has my money. i'm rooting for DA and the Browns. Last week i was rooting BQ and the Browns (until DA came in and i was rooting for him and the Browns).
DA was 7-0 at home last year and represented my team (not very well) in the Pro Bowl. Quinn has won at a big time level in college and has shown great athleticism, poise and accuracy at the pro level. WTF is wrong with you people? We've got a great situation and everyone is shitting all over it. This thread has convinced me that Browns fans have lost their edge as pure football people.
i love the Browns, Mount Union and St. Ignatius. The order is unimportant.
-
Guys, Lerner has my money. i'm rooting for DA and the Browns. Last week i was rooting BQ and the Browns (until DA came in and i was rooting for him and the Browns).
DA was 7-0 at home last year and represented my team (not very well) in the Pro Bowl. Quinn has won at a big time level in college and has shown great athleticism, poise and accuracy at the pro level. WTF is wrong with you people? We've got a great situation and everyone is shitting all over it. This thread has convinced me that Browns fans have lost their edge as pure football people.
i love the Browns, Mount Union and St. Ignatius. The order is unimportant.
Guys, Lerner has my money. i'm rooting for DA and the Browns. Last week i was rooting BQ and the Browns (until DA came in and i was rooting for him and the Browns).
DA was 7-0 at home last year and represented my team (not very well) in the Pro Bowl. Quinn has won at a big time level in college and has shown great athleticism, poise and accuracy at the pro level. WTF is wrong with you people? We've got a great situation and everyone is shitting all over it. This thread has convinced me that Browns fans have lost their edge as pure football people.
i love the Browns, Mount Union and St. Ignatius. The order is unimportant.
That's the best comments made yet.
I actually started this thread with the rule to delete the negativity because I'm embarrassed for Browns fans for their stupidity over this subject.
I hope DA gets all those players around him that he made better last season, better again against the Colts on Sunday.
BTW, Congrats to St. Iggy ... great game. I love that McVey kid, can't wait to see him return next season.
-
In keeping with the original point of this thread. I don't think there is any way that we have both of these guys on the roster next season. Who knows which one is gone, I think in a lot of ways Anderson is getting a second chance to earn the job here for next year. He's got 5 games with no one behind him..it's his job the rest of the way to show what he can do. If he shits the bed, like he did in every game this year (except for the MNF game) I don't think he's here next year unless he reworks his contract substantially to remain as the backup. If he lights it up the rest of the way (against some good teams) there's a good chance he stays as QB next season and we make a deal with Quinn in the offseason. Despite how poorly he played against Houston, he had two very good starts putting up a lot of points in his first 2 starts in the league and I would think that would be enough to get some team who needs a QB to give up a pretty good draft pick for him.
All that said... I'm with Roach...I'm a Browns fan and I want to see us win some damn games no matter who is under center.
-
Mark - Is the tavern open today?
-
In keeping with the original point of this thread. I don't think there is any way that we have both of these guys on the roster next season. Who knows which one is gone, I think in a lot of ways Anderson is getting a second chance to earn the job here for next year. He's got 5 games with no one behind him..it's his job the rest of the way to show what he can do. If he shits the bed, like he did in every game this year (except for the MNF game) I don't think he's here next year unless he reworks his contract substantially to remain as the backup. If he lights it up the rest of the way (against some good teams) there's a good chance he stays as QB next season and we make a deal with Quinn in the offseason. Despite how poorly he played against Houston, he had two very good starts putting up a lot of points in his first 2 starts in the league and I would think that would be enough to get some team who needs a QB to give up a pretty good draft pick for him.
All that said... I'm with Roach...I'm a Browns fan and I want to see us win some damn games no matter who is under center.
In keeping with the original point of this thread. I don't think there is any way that we have both of these guys on the roster next season. Who knows which one is gone, I think in a lot of ways Anderson is getting a second chance to earn the job here for next year. He's got 5 games with no one behind him..it's his job the rest of the way to show what he can do. If he shits the bed, like he did in every game this year (except for the MNF game) I don't think he's here next year unless he reworks his contract substantially to remain as the backup. If he lights it up the rest of the way (against some good teams) there's a good chance he stays as QB next season and we make a deal with Quinn in the offseason. Despite how poorly he played against Houston, he had two very good starts putting up a lot of points in his first 2 starts in the league and I would think that would be enough to get some team who needs a QB to give up a pretty good draft pick for him.
All that said... I'm with Roach...I'm a Browns fan and I want to see us win some damn games no matter who is under center.
Look, I respect all you guys Mark so this aint' personal but "Bah Humbug!" Seriously, what if DA does good in 2 games and he's reverts back to DA in 3 games so we win 6 games instead of 4 games? Do we REALLY want things any more cloudy than this nightmare already is?
They flushed this season right down the toilet and HEADS (that's plural) need to roll. And if for some reason we win 5 games by accident or 5 opponents go NY Giants thinking they have a vacation game and we go 9-7 do you want us missing playoffs for another 10 years?
I see this scapegoating 1 more freakin Head Coach as 100% of the problems when we don't have an ounce of character beyond Cribbs, Thomas, Wright, Rogers, Pontbriand and Dawson. The sad thing is 4 of those guys are part time on Sundays including Rogers when teams move the chains and his endurance lures him to sidelines.
This front office around the NFL circles is rumored to be in constant chaos. If that's what we want from here on out - hope we win the 5 games as meaningful as preseason. I'm SOOOOOO disappointed Opie wasn't what I thought he'd be nor was RAC. And just to rub salt in the wound, we get treated to a QB sporting a 47% completion rate and a WR that can't catch anything that touches his hands with an over-the-hill RB. What's to like? This ain't the Cleveland Browns you grew up on so don't accept the crappy product when it's crappy.
Season ticket holders ought to get their money back this year - they're getting robbed by a counterfeit operation posing as the Cleveland Browns tradition. Cartwheels, cheers and stadiums full of people only say: "Thank you sir - may I have another!"
You're not a terrible fan for demanding more from your team or hoping a cloudy picture comes into focus these next 5 weeks. Character isn't made by coaches - it's innate so your personnel guy CANNOT think a Ray Lewis needs a Marvin Lewis or Brian Billick to invent sic em, sock em and sack em. D'Qwell Jackson gets blocked out of your tv screen - Ray Lewis rips people's heads off at the line of scrimmage when he's not scoring on another INT from Dumb Ass.
- Tom F. (This Brass made me numb about what I'm rooting for or against as did the character of this team. Gut it!)
-
Excellent! I will be there....Lister Jr has winter lacrosse, Mrs Lister on her way back from Chicago...I will be in the tavern and watching the twins
Those two are like herding cats....very active
-
Here's to DA...sucking my dick!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login