Skip to content

Art Modell

The Browns Board
77 19 10.9k
  • Art had options but his choice tore the hearts out of all Browns Fans...

    For his actions I can never forgive him, ever!!!!!!

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • I cannot believe that we have gotten to the point as browns fans that we wish Art Modell well on this board. Sure, he did some good things in the name of football, but he negated every good thing that he accomplished by pulling the Browns out of Cleveland. When you care about a game you respect its tradition. Our Browns have nothing except tradition. He betrayed the game by moving the team.

  • I cannot believe that we have gotten to the point as browns fans that we wish Art Modell well on this board. Sure, he did some good things in the name of football, but he negated every good thing that he accomplished by pulling the Browns out of Cleveland. When you care about a game you respect its tradition. Our Browns have nothing except tradition. He betrayed the game by moving the team.

    @bonedawg said:

    I cannot believe that we have gotten to the point as browns fans that we wish Art Modell well on this board. Sure, he did some good things in the name of football, but he negated every good thing that he accomplished by pulling the Browns out of Cleveland. When you care about a game you respect its tradition. Our Browns have nothing except tradition. He betrayed the game by moving the team.

    While I agree with you about betraying the game and moving the team, I don't think it's so much as wishing Art Modell well, as it is moving on and letting the anger die, and looking to the future. The team has been back now for over 10 years. While they have struggled, at least we now have ownership with more money than all of the rice in China, who is willing to pay to fix previous mistakes. We are on the right track now, and the future of the Browns is more important to me than the past. It's just the way I look at it. And if Art does somehow get inducted into the HOF, I am not going to be extremely thrilled about it, but I'm not going to go out and protest, and do all sorts of stupid s*** the way other Browns fans have contimplated doing!

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

  • @bonedawg said:

    I cannot believe that we have gotten to the point as browns fans that we wish Art Modell well on this board. Sure, he did some good things in the name of football, but he negated every good thing that he accomplished by pulling the Browns out of Cleveland. When you care about a game you respect its tradition. Our Browns have nothing except tradition. He betrayed the game by moving the team.

    While I agree with you about betraying the game and moving the team, I don't think it's so much as wishing Art Modell well, as it is moving on and letting the anger die, and looking to the future. The team has been back now for over 10 years. While they have struggled, at least we now have ownership with more money than all of the rice in China, who is willing to pay to fix previous mistakes. We are on the right track now, and the future of the Browns is more important to me than the past. It's just the way I look at it. And if Art does somehow get inducted into the HOF, I am not going to be extremely thrilled about it, but I'm not going to go out and protest, and do all sorts of stupid s*** the way other Browns fans have contimplated doing!

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

    @djdawg2010 said:

    While I agree with you about betraying the game and moving the team, I don't think it's so much as wishing Art Modell well, as it is moving on and letting the anger die, and looking to the future. The team has been back now for over 10 years. While they have struggled, at least we now have ownership with more money than all of the rice in China, who is willing to pay to fix previous mistakes. We are on the right track now, and the future of the Browns is more important to me than the past. It's just the way I look at it. And if Art does somehow get inducted into the HOF, I am not going to be extremely thrilled about it, but I'm not going to go out and protest, and do all sorts of stupid s*** the way other Browns fans have contimplated doing!

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

    I don't know why Modell should be let off the hook just because the Browns may enjoy some later success. I have documented it. Modell isn't a worth candidate under any circumstances, except perhaps in the mind of some Baltimore sportswriter, and I think that if you could bargain with that guy that Modell could be inducted right after Robert Irsay is then any talk of ABM being included with the games greats will then be moot.

  • @bonedawg said:

    I cannot believe that we have gotten to the point as browns fans that we wish Art Modell well on this board. Sure, he did some good things in the name of football, but he negated every good thing that he accomplished by pulling the Browns out of Cleveland. When you care about a game you respect its tradition. Our Browns have nothing except tradition. He betrayed the game by moving the team.

    While I agree with you about betraying the game and moving the team, I don't think it's so much as wishing Art Modell well, as it is moving on and letting the anger die, and looking to the future. The team has been back now for over 10 years. While they have struggled, at least we now have ownership with more money than all of the rice in China, who is willing to pay to fix previous mistakes. We are on the right track now, and the future of the Browns is more important to me than the past. It's just the way I look at it. And if Art does somehow get inducted into the HOF, I am not going to be extremely thrilled about it, but I'm not going to go out and protest, and do all sorts of stupid s*** the way other Browns fans have contimplated doing!

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

    @djdawg2010 said:

    While I agree with you about betraying the game and moving the team, I don't think it's so much as wishing Art Modell well, as it is moving on and letting the anger die, and looking to the future. The team has been back now for over 10 years. While they have struggled, at least we now have ownership with more money than all of the rice in China, who is willing to pay to fix previous mistakes. We are on the right track now, and the future of the Browns is more important to me than the past. It's just the way I look at it. And if Art does somehow get inducted into the HOF, I am not going to be extremely thrilled about it, but I'm not going to go out and protest, and do all sorts of stupid s*** the way other Browns fans have contimplated doing!

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

    Well, I'll sort of invoke Goodwin's Law when you bring in the Nazis- Yeah, Germany is cool now, but does that mean we have to forgive Hitler?

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    While I agree with you about betraying the game and moving the team, I don't think it's so much as wishing Art Modell well, as it is moving on and letting the anger die, and looking to the future. The team has been back now for over 10 years. While they have struggled, at least we now have ownership with more money than all of the rice in China, who is willing to pay to fix previous mistakes. We are on the right track now, and the future of the Browns is more important to me than the past. It's just the way I look at it. And if Art does somehow get inducted into the HOF, I am not going to be extremely thrilled about it, but I'm not going to go out and protest, and do all sorts of stupid s*** the way other Browns fans have contimplated doing!

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

    Well, I'll sort of invoke Goodwin's Law when you bring in the Nazis- Yeah, Germany is cool now, but does that mean we have to forgive Hitler?

    @hoorta said:

    Well, I'll sort of invoke Goodwin's Law when you bring in the Nazis- Yeah, Germany is cool now, but does that mean we have to forgive Hitler?

    I would compare it more to when a girl cheats on you with a guy with more money and dumps you to be with him. Or even divorces you first and takes half of your stuff. It sucks and you are pissed at her but in time you get over it and you move on. Your life may suck for a while but then you meet a way better woman.

    And if the previous woman were a top notch stripper, you would still tell your buddies that hey she was one hell of a stripper and smoking hot!

    that is all I am saying get over it people. give the man credit for his accomplishments. If you believe there are any. Which some of you seem to believe there aren't any. I still don't understand that, unless it is just that hate again clouding analytical abilities.

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, I'll sort of invoke Goodwin's Law when you bring in the Nazis- Yeah, Germany is cool now, but does that mean we have to forgive Hitler?

    I would compare it more to when a girl cheats on you with a guy with more money and dumps you to be with him. Or even divorces you first and takes half of your stuff. It sucks and you are pissed at her but in time you get over it and you move on. Your life may suck for a while but then you meet a way better woman.

    And if the previous woman were a top notch stripper, you would still tell your buddies that hey she was one hell of a stripper and smoking hot!

    that is all I am saying get over it people. give the man credit for his accomplishments. If you believe there are any. Which some of you seem to believe there aren't any. I still don't understand that, unless it is just that hate again clouding analytical abilities.

    @browns57 said:

    I would compare it more to when a girl cheats on you with a guy with more money and dumps you to be with him. Or even divorces you first and takes half of your stuff. It sucks and you are pissed at her but in time you get over it and you move on. Your life may suck for a while but then you meet a way better woman.

    And if the previous woman were a top notch stripper, you would still tell your buddies that hey she was one hell of a stripper and smoking hot!

    that is all I am saying get over it people. give the man credit for his accomplishments. If you believe there are any. Which some of you seem to believe there aren't any. I still don't understand that, unless it is just that hate again clouding analytical abilities.

    Yea, but Art was a saggy ass old sow with banana boobs.

    Actually, seriously, you might want to try reading my posts where I indeed analyze ABM HOF credentials. And he has been weighed, measured and tested and has come up short. There are many with significant superior credentials who deserve induction first.

  • @browns57 said:

    I would compare it more to when a girl cheats on you with a guy with more money and dumps you to be with him. Or even divorces you first and takes half of your stuff. It sucks and you are pissed at her but in time you get over it and you move on. Your life may suck for a while but then you meet a way better woman.

    And if the previous woman were a top notch stripper, you would still tell your buddies that hey she was one hell of a stripper and smoking hot!

    that is all I am saying get over it people. give the man credit for his accomplishments. If you believe there are any. Which some of you seem to believe there aren't any. I still don't understand that, unless it is just that hate again clouding analytical abilities.

    Yea, but Art was a saggy ass old sow with banana boobs.

    Actually, seriously, you might want to try reading my posts where I indeed analyze ABM HOF credentials. And he has been weighed, measured and tested and has come up short. There are many with significant superior credentials who deserve induction first.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, but Art was a saggy ass old sow with banana boobs.

    Actually, seriously, you might want to try reading my posts where I indeed analyze ABM HOF credentials. And he has been weighed, measured and tested and has come up short. There are many with significant superior credentials who deserve induction first.

    I read your posts, I mostly don't agree with them but I do read them! And once in a while I find that I do agree. And actually on this thread I have become much more interested in the hate that is consumming this board. And I really really really really really HATE to say this but the super annoying rich4eagle actually got one right when he compared it to the religous and political hate in another thread. Here it is just hate created by sports. The Browns fans hate the Steelers fans, etc.. and in this case a man who wanted more money and power. Well who the hell wouldn't want that. But the hate is absolutely fascinating because when you hate something you are exerting energy that would be much more useful in other areas. It is comical and sad all at the same time. And absolutely fascinating for sure.

  • @bonedawg said:

    I cannot believe that we have gotten to the point as browns fans that we wish Art Modell well on this board. Sure, he did some good things in the name of football, but he negated every good thing that he accomplished by pulling the Browns out of Cleveland. When you care about a game you respect its tradition. Our Browns have nothing except tradition. He betrayed the game by moving the team.

    While I agree with you about betraying the game and moving the team, I don't think it's so much as wishing Art Modell well, as it is moving on and letting the anger die, and looking to the future. The team has been back now for over 10 years. While they have struggled, at least we now have ownership with more money than all of the rice in China, who is willing to pay to fix previous mistakes. We are on the right track now, and the future of the Browns is more important to me than the past. It's just the way I look at it. And if Art does somehow get inducted into the HOF, I am not going to be extremely thrilled about it, but I'm not going to go out and protest, and do all sorts of stupid s*** the way other Browns fans have contimplated doing!

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

    @djdawg2010 said:

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

    My bitter feelings on Art will never be erased.

    Somehow, as I have bitched about before, the NFL truly decided to bitch-slap us in the face by putting his Ratbirds in our division, which recreates these bitter feelings of mine at least twice per year. What a total farce...they belong in the AFC East, or NFL Carpetbagger Division with Tennessee, St. Louis, & Arizona.

    One other book one might read regarding this crap, for the umpteenth time, is "False Start."

    Gotta go grab a beer, pulse elevating rapidly....

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    So let me ask this question??? What if, within the next 5 years the Browns win a Super Bowl or 2, and after they do, THEN Art gets inducted, is everyone still pissed off and bitter, or does that erase those feelings?

    My bitter feelings on Art will never be erased.

    Somehow, as I have bitched about before, the NFL truly decided to bitch-slap us in the face by putting his Ratbirds in our division, which recreates these bitter feelings of mine at least twice per year. What a total farce...they belong in the AFC East, or NFL Carpetbagger Division with Tennessee, St. Louis, & Arizona.

    One other book one might read regarding this crap, for the umpteenth time, is "False Start."

    Gotta go grab a beer, pulse elevating rapidly....

    @bob806 said:

    My bitter feelings on Art will never be erased.

    Somehow, as I have bitched about before, the NFL truly decided to bitch-slap us in the face by putting his Ratbirds in our division, which recreates these bitter feelings of mine at least twice per year. What a total farce...they belong in the AFC East, or NFL Carpetbagger Division with Tennessee, St. Louis, & Arizona.

    One other book one might read regarding this crap, for the umpteenth time, is "False Start."

    Gotta go grab a beer, pulse elevating rapidly....

    Yes the NFL did bitch slap us! I don't have an issue with the Ravens being in our division one bit! What I do take issue with is the fact that the NFL waited until last minute to announce the Lerners as the new owners. They also didn't give our team the time as given to Jax and Carolina to put everything together. Plus, by the time it was time to pick in the expansion draft we had jack s*** to pick from, while those other two teams got some very good players. I certainly want to read that book "False Start." It's almost like the NFL set us up to fail, as punishment for making such a huge fuss about the move. I don't understand that, because the Browns have a rich legacy, a very large fanbase, and it would have served them well to make sure that they were competitive right off the back. On the other hand, this team has been back 11 years, and we can't keep using the expansion excuse over and over. That being said, I think with hiring Holmgren, and Heckert (two very successful and credible football people) we got it right.

    I understand the bitterness for Art Modell, and believe me I was very bitter at the time, but it has definitely subsided quite a bit. Him getting into the HOF (if it ever happens) is not going to cause me to riot or vandalize his bust or do stupid s*** like other people in this town have mentioned! Would I be mad? Sure. I'll tell you if we would have not gotten a team back, then I could see me being a lot more bitter.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, but Art was a saggy ass old sow with banana boobs.

    Actually, seriously, you might want to try reading my posts where I indeed analyze ABM HOF credentials. And he has been weighed, measured and tested and has come up short. There are many with significant superior credentials who deserve induction first.

    I read your posts, I mostly don't agree with them but I do read them! And once in a while I find that I do agree. And actually on this thread I have become much more interested in the hate that is consumming this board. And I really really really really really HATE to say this but the super annoying rich4eagle actually got one right when he compared it to the religous and political hate in another thread. Here it is just hate created by sports. The Browns fans hate the Steelers fans, etc.. and in this case a man who wanted more money and power. Well who the hell wouldn't want that. But the hate is absolutely fascinating because when you hate something you are exerting energy that would be much more useful in other areas. It is comical and sad all at the same time. And absolutely fascinating for sure.

    @browns57 said:

    I read your posts, I mostly don't agree with them but I do read them! And once in a while I find that I do agree. And actually on this thread I have become much more interested in the hate that is consumming this board. And I really really really really really HATE to say this but the super annoying rich4eagle actually got one right when he compared it to the religous and political hate in another thread. Here it is just hate created by sports. The Browns fans hate the Steelers fans, etc.. and in this case a man who wanted more money and power. Well who the hell wouldn't want that. But the hate is absolutely fascinating because when you hate something you are exerting energy that would be much more useful in other areas. It is comical and sad all at the same time. And absolutely fascinating for sure.

    Welcome to the F**king Human Race!

  • Formerly Stone said:

    Very intelligent and accurate post.......that's why it won't be accepted well here.

    Because it is horseshit, and you know it, and you only say what you say to be inflammatory. So you are hereby dismissed.