McCoy: Let's Just Get This Out There (!)
-
-
I agree, Alo. He had some games against some less than stellar opponents -- and then there was Nebraska. Everybody thinks McCoy had everything a quarterback could want in 2009. The truth is that he had a poor offensive line, a running game that was practically non-existant if he didn't run it himself. And he had only one outstanding receiver. The defense was good, but the offense with which McCoy had to work was not the best support he could have had. This is where his leadership came in. That's how Texas won. And that is how he became the winningest qb in NCAA history.
-
Even tom brady wouldn't have looked real good being tossed around like a rag doll by suh
-
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
-
Well, you've been very forthright about your disdain for McCoy. Sorry you feel that way, but he is a Brown now -- and probably for several years to come. I still firmly believe that he will be a success.
And Clausen? The length of his initial contract as a jouirneyman.
-
Well, you've been very forthright about your disdain for McCoy. Sorry you feel that way, but he is a Brown now -- and probably for several years to come. I still firmly believe that he will be a success.
And Clausen? The length of his initial contract as a jouirneyman.
-
Well, you've been very forthright about your disdain for McCoy. Sorry you feel that way, but he is a Brown now -- and probably for several years to come. I still firmly believe that he will be a success.
And Clausen? The length of his initial contract as a jouirneyman.
Well, you've been very forthright about your disdain for McCoy. Sorry you feel that way, but he is a Brown now -- and probably for several years to come. I still firmly believe that he will be a success.
And Clausen? The length of his initial contract as a jouirneyman.
I don't hold him in disdain. He seems like a nice kid and has a dry sense of humor that showed up during draft season. I just have never thought he'd end up a good pro. Just my feeling.
-
I haven't seen him play enough to have a strong opinion. When people said Drew Breese couldn't make it I strongly disagreed because I had watched him rip OSU to shreds during his college career. Colt has the intelligence to make it. When everyone loved brady I disagreed because I had watched him fall apart in some big games.
Colt's height and arm strength could hurt his chances and then you really need to find out just how a guy handles the pressures.
-
It can be debated until we are blue in the face.
Until the guy goes out and determines his fate, we are simply guessing as to whether or not he will have a solid pro career.
I liked Tebow better than any of the others, but that may be my heart overriding my brain.
The point isn't to drum up more debate. It simply shows all of the QBs this year had some good things and some negative things. I don't think any of them, including Bradford, were guys you looked at and could put a "can't miss" label on their back.
So it simply comes down to what each of us like and what each of us considers most important in a qb.
As for our guy... Pre draft I wouldn't have selected Colt. But then again I wasn't thinking he would be around in round 3 either. I think for the draft position he is solid value because he does have positive skills. How those skills translate to the NFL game, time will tell.
It is a positive that Holmgrem put his foot down at that pick. If he sees some things that makes him feel that McCoy can be a good football player, it's hard for me to argue with that.
In terms of Colt being compared with browns players of the past, he stacks up pretty closely with Brian Sipe...they seem pretty similar in size and ability as far as measurables. He also looks a bit like Paul McDonald excepting McDonald was left handed. I didn't say Frye because Colt played at a much higher level in college as did McDonald.
Is Colt going to be like Paul, or like Brian??
That's the $25,000 question.
-
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
Well, now this is a comment I can back up, in-so-much as it makes sense based on your feelings. You don't like his skills and attributes as a player, so you wouldn't have drafted him.
But why would the guy above say, that he was not impressed at all by him, therefore figured he was a 3rd round value. I don't get that. If he didn't impress you, why would you consider drafted him at all.
On the other hand, McCoy has impressed me, and I am excited to see what the years to come will bring with him.
-
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
That's nice, but you're not an expert, and Mike Holmgren is, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
-
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
Turn the battery on your dildo off! OK, now that you have done that, what do you think? (You know, you gotta hit the g spot with those things)

-
um so we got value????
your a dumb xxxx..........
Try a reading comprehension class at your local JC. I'll try again, and type slower. Since I work on Saturdays, that game was the most I have ever seen Colt play. The only other footage of him that I have seen, was the pre-draft montages. So, in the only complete game that I have ever seen him in, he looked terrible. I know that he set some lofty numbers throughout his career, so that's why I said he was drafted where he belonged............Since team, after team, after team, after team passed on him on draft day, I guess they tend to agree with me, and not you.
-
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
That's nice, but you're not an expert, and Mike Holmgren is, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
-
I wouldn't have drafted him at all. I don't have a good vibe on his odds of being special in the NFL.
Turn the battery on your dildo off! OK, now that you have done that, what do you think? (You know, you gotta hit the g spot with those things)

Turn the battery on your dildo off! OK, now that you have done that, what do you think? (You know, you gotta hit the g spot with those things)

I've been looking for my G spot for so long, I'm starting to think maybe I don't have one.
-
Hi everyone, obviously a first time poster here.
I'm a diehard Denver Broncos/Texas Longhorns fan. I frequent the Orange Mane [ http://orangemane.com ], but might be dropping by to keep tabs on my friend Colt.
To the OP, I think Colt might surprise. He's got a high football IQ, can make all the throws, has a decent release and can make plays with his legs. You can compare him to Matt Hasselbeck (who has obviously thrived with Holmgren). He's got great intangibles and a fair arm. My biggest worry would be injury.
And just a note, I don't think we'd even be having this debate had Colt finished what he started and brought another one home to Austin.

-
Watching a replay of the 2009 Big 12 Champ game on ESPN Classic, and it's by far the most I've ever seen Colt play..........He looks like he should have gone in the draft right where he did. I'm not impressed at all.
Watching a replay of the 2009 Big 12 Champ game on ESPN Classic, and it's by far the most I've ever seen Colt play..........He looks like he should have gone in the draft right where he did. I'm not impressed at all.
I watched every throw Colt made in college & can tell ya that Cleveland is getting a highly efficient, athletic quarterback. He played rather fantastic for his entire career. Granted, he inherited a premiere squad in 06/07. But for the 08/09 campaigns, he was the offense.
And he's a winner, damnit.
-
Watching a replay of the 2009 Big 12 Champ game on ESPN Classic, and it's by far the most I've ever seen Colt play..........He looks like he should have gone in the draft right where he did. I'm not impressed at all.
I watched every throw Colt made in college & can tell ya that Cleveland is getting a highly efficient, athletic quarterback. He played rather fantastic for his entire career. Granted, he inherited a premiere squad in 06/07. But for the 08/09 campaigns, he was the offense.
And he's a winner, damnit.
I watched every throw Colt made in college & can tell ya that Cleveland is getting a highly efficient, athletic quarterback. He played rather fantastic for his entire career. Granted, he inherited a premiere squad in 06/07. But for the 08/09 campaigns, he was the offense.
And he's a winner, damnit.
yeah, he was a great college QB, no doubt about that. So were Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Ty Detmer, and Eric Crouch. It doesn't mean anything about his ability as a pro, which remains to be seen.
-
Thanks for checking in, Hook. I clearly have reservations about McCoy's arm, zip, and sketchy spiral... way more than I do about his size. He's Brees-ish, taller than Garcia, and clearly muscling up. I just didn't see an NFL passer on tape or watching games.
But Holmgren has said the McCoy he'll unveil in another year will be a very different guy. I'm intrigued at the notion of a science experiment. Kinda cool.
-
Thanks for checking in, Hook. I clearly have reservations about McCoy's arm, zip, and sketchy spiral... way more than I do about his size. He's Brees-ish, taller than Garcia, and clearly muscling up. I just didn't see an NFL passer on tape or watching games.
But Holmgren has said the McCoy he'll unveil in another year will be a very different guy. I'm intrigued at the notion of a science experiment. Kinda cool.
Thanks for checking in, Hook. I clearly have reservations about McCoy's arm, zip, and sketchy spiral... way more than I do about his size. He's Brees-ish, taller than Garcia, and clearly muscling up. I just didn't see an NFL passer on tape or watching games.
But Holmgren has said the McCoy he'll unveil in another year will be a very different guy. I'm intrigued at the notion of a science experiment. Kinda cool.
I'd be a lot more excited about Colt and his long term future with the Brown's if his apparent mentor wasn't a 35 yo qb whose perfomance the past few years has been anything but inspiring. No doubt, Jake
has had his moments duriing his 12 year career but i question how much of a teacher he can be to a youngster entering the league when he himself is learning a new offensive system....
Jake did groom well his replacement at his past club but the atmosphere was much more stable than what he is entering now.......
I do not totally agree with walrus' assertion that Colt won't see any action this year. Colt needs to keep his edge because i sense as the season progresses Jake and his unproven backup Seneca aren't going to
provide the qb stability the MH is counting on....Hope i am wrong but memories (nightmares) of recent cleveland qb folly remain strong and impossible to ignore
I am as interested in a science experiment as the next fan.......here's hoping that it does not evolve into science fiction
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login