Skip to content

Steelers on a roll......

The Browns Board
101 24 7.7k
  • I just wanted to point out that Cleveland is ranked #18 on Forbes most valuable sports franchises in the world and the Steelers are ranked 21st. Even with all your rings you still cant hang with the Browns in the lowest of lows.

    http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/20/most-valu...s_slide_19.html

  • I just wanted to point out that Cleveland is ranked #18 on Forbes most valuable sports franchises in the world and the Steelers are ranked 21st. Even with all your rings you still cant hang with the Browns in the lowest of lows.

    http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/20/most-valu...s_slide_19.html

    nmills said:

    I just wanted to point out that Cleveland is ranked #18 on Forbes most valuable sports franchises in the world and the Steelers are ranked 21st. Even with all your rings you still cant hang with the Browns in the lowest of lows.

    http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/20/most-valu...s_slide_19.html

    And what relevance does this hold? First off it's 1.03 billion vs 1.02 billion. Secondly what does overall revenue have to do with franchise success on the field. I'm certain you'd trade that extra bit of money for the 6 Lombardi's you don't have but who knows maybe being ranked 18th on the most valuable franchise list is all that is important to you. Good one chief. You really drove that point home.

  • nmills said:

    I just wanted to point out that Cleveland is ranked #18 on Forbes most valuable sports franchises in the world and the Steelers are ranked 21st. Even with all your rings you still cant hang with the Browns in the lowest of lows.

    http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/20/most-valu...s_slide_19.html

    And what relevance does this hold? First off it's 1.03 billion vs 1.02 billion. Secondly what does overall revenue have to do with franchise success on the field. I'm certain you'd trade that extra bit of money for the 6 Lombardi's you don't have but who knows maybe being ranked 18th on the most valuable franchise list is all that is important to you. Good one chief. You really drove that point home.

    Homotron said:

    And what relevance does this hold? First off it's 1.03 billion vs 1.02 billion. Secondly what does overall revenue have to do with franchise success on the field. I'm certain you'd trade that extra bit of money for the 6 Lombardi's you don't have but who knows maybe being ranked 18th on the most valuable franchise list is all that is important to you. Good one chief. You really drove that point home.

    For some reason Forbes DOES equate on field success with value. So this valuation comparison is fairly surprising. I mean, the Yankees and Cowboys are so "valuable" because of their successes on the field.

    There was some suggestion that the value of the Cavs would plummet with the loss of LeBron and consequently the loss of the ability to win games because he was not here.

    I agree with you that I could care less about the value of the franchise vs. winning. I don't care if the Browns are worth 1 billion or 1 farthing if they were to win. None of the money is going in my pocket if the team were sold so what do I care what the team is worth? (Or, maybe the Browns having more titles does have something to do with it?)

  • Homotron said:

    And what relevance does this hold? First off it's 1.03 billion vs 1.02 billion. Secondly what does overall revenue have to do with franchise success on the field. I'm certain you'd trade that extra bit of money for the 6 Lombardi's you don't have but who knows maybe being ranked 18th on the most valuable franchise list is all that is important to you. Good one chief. You really drove that point home.

    For some reason Forbes DOES equate on field success with value. So this valuation comparison is fairly surprising. I mean, the Yankees and Cowboys are so "valuable" because of their successes on the field.

    There was some suggestion that the value of the Cavs would plummet with the loss of LeBron and consequently the loss of the ability to win games because he was not here.

    I agree with you that I could care less about the value of the franchise vs. winning. I don't care if the Browns are worth 1 billion or 1 farthing if they were to win. None of the money is going in my pocket if the team were sold so what do I care what the team is worth? (Or, maybe the Browns having more titles does have something to do with it?)

    @the-gipper said:

    For some reason Forbes DOES equate on field success with value. So this valuation comparison is fairly surprising. I mean, the Yankees and Cowboys are so "valuable" because of their successes on the field.

    There was some suggestion that the value of the Cavs would plummet with the loss of LeBron and consequently the loss of the ability to win games because he was not here.

    I agree with you that I could care less about the value of the franchise vs. winning. I don't care if the Browns are worth 1 billion or 1 farthing if they were to win. None of the money is going in my pocket if the team were sold so what do I care what the team is worth? (Or, maybe the Browns having more titles does have something to do with it?)

    I'm not surprised the Browns are ranked as high as they are considering the fan base. The Cleveland base is easily one of the most diehard in the NFL. Despite all the losing people still buy merchandise and go to all the games. It has to count for something. I dunno. I could also care less.

  • @the-gipper said:

    For some reason Forbes DOES equate on field success with value. So this valuation comparison is fairly surprising. I mean, the Yankees and Cowboys are so "valuable" because of their successes on the field.

    There was some suggestion that the value of the Cavs would plummet with the loss of LeBron and consequently the loss of the ability to win games because he was not here.

    I agree with you that I could care less about the value of the franchise vs. winning. I don't care if the Browns are worth 1 billion or 1 farthing if they were to win. None of the money is going in my pocket if the team were sold so what do I care what the team is worth? (Or, maybe the Browns having more titles does have something to do with it?)

    I'm not surprised the Browns are ranked as high as they are considering the fan base. The Cleveland base is easily one of the most diehard in the NFL. Despite all the losing people still buy merchandise and go to all the games. It has to count for something. I dunno. I could also care less.

    Homotron said:

    I'm not surprised the Browns are ranked as high as they are considering the fan base. The Cleveland base is easily one of the most diehard in the NFL. Despite all the losing people still buy merchandise and go to all the games. It has to count for something. I dunno. I could also care less.

    Right. I assume your last name is not "Rooney".

  • @the-gipper said:

    For some reason Forbes DOES equate on field success with value. So this valuation comparison is fairly surprising. I mean, the Yankees and Cowboys are so "valuable" because of their successes on the field.

    There was some suggestion that the value of the Cavs would plummet with the loss of LeBron and consequently the loss of the ability to win games because he was not here.

    I agree with you that I could care less about the value of the franchise vs. winning. I don't care if the Browns are worth 1 billion or 1 farthing if they were to win. None of the money is going in my pocket if the team were sold so what do I care what the team is worth? (Or, maybe the Browns having more titles does have something to do with it?)

    I'm not surprised the Browns are ranked as high as they are considering the fan base. The Cleveland base is easily one of the most diehard in the NFL. Despite all the losing people still buy merchandise and go to all the games. It has to count for something. I dunno. I could also care less.

    Homotron said:

    I'm not surprised the Browns are ranked as high as they are considering the fan base. The Cleveland base is easily one of the most diehard in the NFL. Despite all the losing people still buy merchandise and go to all the games. It has to count for something. I dunno. I could also care less.

    Thats the relevance

  • Homotron said:

    I'm not surprised the Browns are ranked as high as they are considering the fan base. The Cleveland base is easily one of the most diehard in the NFL. Despite all the losing people still buy merchandise and go to all the games. It has to count for something. I dunno. I could also care less.

    Thats the relevance

    nmills said:

    Thats the relevance

    Okay and the Steelers are a few spots behind at a substantially less 1.02 million. Sarcasm on the "Substantially" You can also go to a Browns game for a fraction of a Steeler ticket and I believe the Stadium has more seats.

  • @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    I guess Ben doesn't beleive the "spirit of the law". Hell, the courts don't even care about that.

    Goes to show you how far this country has fallen .

    @neweradawg said:

    Goes to show you how far this country has fallen .

    According to the Constitution all men are created equal. As we know in the South the "spirit of the law" had a different idea. The rule of law governs the land, not spirits or feelings.

  • @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    That doesn't make sense. Why would Pouncey switch agents after one gave him 100k?

    Why was the letter post marked in Canada?

    Why would the agent admitt he gave out 100k? That could get him in trouble with the law and likely ruin his rep with new players. This is a multi-million dollar business. 100k is nothing. No one would give it up to snitch when all snithing would do is ruin his own career and not even hurt pouncey's pro career.

    Where is Pouncey's 100k?

    If the money wasn't deposited anywhere, then I suppose it buried in his backyard.

    If he was accused of receiving the money, then Florida felt compelled to have to do an investigation, obviously they found some damaging information or they would've never informed the NCAA of the situation.

    If you go rob a bank are you gonna go deposit it back into a bank, dont be stupid

    nmills said:

    If he was accused of receiving the money, then Florida felt compelled to have to do an investigation, obviously they found some damaging information or they would've never informed the NCAA of the situation.

    If you go rob a bank are you gonna go deposit it back into a bank, dont be stupid

    The are required to report it to the NCAA regaurdless of what they found.

    A check you can't cash is worthless...My point was the only way this transaction could have happened is if it was straight cash.

  • nmills said:

    Thats the relevance

    Okay and the Steelers are a few spots behind at a substantially less 1.02 million. Sarcasm on the "Substantially" You can also go to a Browns game for a fraction of a Steeler ticket and I believe the Stadium has more seats.

    Homotron said:

    Okay and the Steelers are a few spots behind at a substantially less 1.02 million. Sarcasm on the "Substantially" You can also go to a Browns game for a fraction of a Steeler ticket and I believe the Stadium has more seats.

    Your missing the point, the Browns franchise is more valuable in the worst stretch in there history than the Steelers are in there best, kudo's to the fans.

  • Homotron said:

    Okay and the Steelers are a few spots behind at a substantially less 1.02 million. Sarcasm on the "Substantially" You can also go to a Browns game for a fraction of a Steeler ticket and I believe the Stadium has more seats.

    Your missing the point, the Browns franchise is more valuable in the worst stretch in there history than the Steelers are in there best, kudo's to the fans.

    nmills said:

    Your missing the point, the Browns franchise is more valuable in the worst stretch in there history than the Steelers are in there best, kudo's to the fans.

    I agree Kudos to the Browns fans, you support your team even when they are awful. Although so do a bunch of cities. However when it all boils down the Browns still suck and we still have 6 shiny things. I'll take the 6 shiny things over the small difference in financial revenue. I think you can agree.

  • nmills said:

    Your missing the point, the Browns franchise is more valuable in the worst stretch in there history than the Steelers are in there best, kudo's to the fans.

    I agree Kudos to the Browns fans, you support your team even when they are awful. Although so do a bunch of cities. However when it all boils down the Browns still suck and we still have 6 shiny things. I'll take the 6 shiny things over the small difference in financial revenue. I think you can agree.

    Homotron said:

    I agree Kudos to the Browns fans, you support your team even when they are awful. Although so do a bunch of cities. However when it all boils down the Browns still suck and we still have 6 shiny things. I'll take the 6 shiny things over the small difference in financial revenue. I think you can agree.

    you're a devil aren't you? a flying monster like that of jeepers creepers.

  • nmills said:

    Your missing the point, the Browns franchise is more valuable in the worst stretch in there history than the Steelers are in there best, kudo's to the fans.

    I agree Kudos to the Browns fans, you support your team even when they are awful. Although so do a bunch of cities. However when it all boils down the Browns still suck and we still have 6 shiny things. I'll take the 6 shiny things over the small difference in financial revenue. I think you can agree.

    Homotron said:

    I agree Kudos to the Browns fans, you support your team even when they are awful. Although so do a bunch of cities. However when it all boils down the Browns still suck and we still have 6 shiny things. I'll take the 6 shiny things over the small difference in financial revenue. I think you can agree.

    I 100% agree but we dont field the team we just support it. If there was a Superbowl for fans we'd have our share, over and over

  • Homotron said:

    And guess who doesn't give a sh.it about the Florida Gators? THE ENTIRE STEELER FAN BASE. He can still play week 1 for Pittsburgh and that's all that matters. ZING.

    The character of the players on your team doesnt concern you? Or all the negative distraction's over the past month's?

    nmills said:

    The character of the players on your team doesnt concern you? Or all the negative distraction's over the past month's?

    This kind of payola stuff happens constantly. Cars, money, women....it is not like he ran over and killed someone with his car. What are they gonna do, put a suspension on his twin brother who is still in school? I'd have taken the money too, and I don't think I am a bad person.

  • Dennis Dixon's agent doesn't understand why Leftwich is first

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 23, 2010 10:33 AM ETThe agent for Dennis Dixon isn't a fan of how his client has been used this offseason.

    Agent Jeff Sperbeck told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Dixon didn't practice enough with the first-team offense during OTA season and wonders why he's expected to start training camp behind Byron Leftwich on the depth chart.

    "I don't understand why after Byron's been gone a year, they would bring him back and start him ahead of Dennis. To me, it should have been Dennis' job as the No. 1. He was No. 2 last year. Byron was not even in the picture," Sperbeck said.

    We understand Sperbeck's opinion and loyalty, but there has to be a better way to go about this than publicly calling out Dixon's coaching staff. It's key to note Dixon says nothing wrong in the article, but his agent doesn't do him any favors.

    "When you bestow the confidence in him that he is the guy, now the team knows that and they are prepared to follow him," Sperbeck said. "Without the team giving that to him, it's more difficult for any quarterback to lead when your own status is uncertain. You lead differently as a starter than you do as a backup."

    Mike Tomlin has a difficult job in training camp to prepare Ben Roethlisberger, Leftwich, and possibly Dixon. There just aren't enough snaps to go around and the Steelers don't appear comfortable handing the offense over to Dixon just yet.

    Sperbeck would be better served finding out why that is, and trying to help his client to improve.

    Here is just more proof of a team in chaos . lol

    Here's to confusion to the enemy

    222.gif

  • Dennis Dixon's agent doesn't understand why Leftwich is first

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 23, 2010 10:33 AM ETThe agent for Dennis Dixon isn't a fan of how his client has been used this offseason.

    Agent Jeff Sperbeck told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Dixon didn't practice enough with the first-team offense during OTA season and wonders why he's expected to start training camp behind Byron Leftwich on the depth chart.

    "I don't understand why after Byron's been gone a year, they would bring him back and start him ahead of Dennis. To me, it should have been Dennis' job as the No. 1. He was No. 2 last year. Byron was not even in the picture," Sperbeck said.

    We understand Sperbeck's opinion and loyalty, but there has to be a better way to go about this than publicly calling out Dixon's coaching staff. It's key to note Dixon says nothing wrong in the article, but his agent doesn't do him any favors.

    "When you bestow the confidence in him that he is the guy, now the team knows that and they are prepared to follow him," Sperbeck said. "Without the team giving that to him, it's more difficult for any quarterback to lead when your own status is uncertain. You lead differently as a starter than you do as a backup."

    Mike Tomlin has a difficult job in training camp to prepare Ben Roethlisberger, Leftwich, and possibly Dixon. There just aren't enough snaps to go around and the Steelers don't appear comfortable handing the offense over to Dixon just yet.

    Sperbeck would be better served finding out why that is, and trying to help his client to improve.

    Here is just more proof of a team in chaos . lol

    Here's to confusion to the enemy

    222.gif

    @neweradawg said:

    Dennis Dixon's agent doesn't understand why Leftwich is first

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 23, 2010 10:33 AM ETThe agent for Dennis Dixon isn't a fan of how his client has been used this offseason.

    Agent Jeff Sperbeck told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Dixon didn't practice enough with the first-team offense during OTA season and wonders why he's expected to start training camp behind Byron Leftwich on the depth chart.

    "I don't understand why after Byron's been gone a year, they would bring him back and start him ahead of Dennis. To me, it should have been Dennis' job as the No. 1. He was No. 2 last year. Byron was not even in the picture," Sperbeck said.

    We understand Sperbeck's opinion and loyalty, but there has to be a better way to go about this than publicly calling out Dixon's coaching staff. It's key to note Dixon says nothing wrong in the article, but his agent doesn't do him any favors.

    "When you bestow the confidence in him that he is the guy, now the team knows that and they are prepared to follow him," Sperbeck said. "Without the team giving that to him, it's more difficult for any quarterback to lead when your own status is uncertain. You lead differently as a starter than you do as a backup."

    Mike Tomlin has a difficult job in training camp to prepare Ben Roethlisberger, Leftwich, and possibly Dixon. There just aren't enough snaps to go around and the Steelers don't appear comfortable handing the offense over to Dixon just yet.

    Sperbeck would be better served finding out why that is, and trying to help his client to improve.

    Here is just more proof of a team in chaos . lol

    Here's to confusion to the enemy

    222.gif

    Blaa Blaa... We will see. Common sense says Lefty , Dixon all of ONE Start ?? I Like the Kid and understand his being upset but this is Pro Football . You Pray the Best available. Chaos is what Troy creates.... But you hope for the worst , its your best Hope. By the way :

    www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...d_by_forme.html

    Cleveland, Ohio -- Former Browns center LeCharles Bentley, whose playing career ended after complications from staph infection, is suing the Browns for fraud and negligent misreprentation.

    Attorney Shannon Polk said today that Bentley has filed suit in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.

    2 0 0Share Bentley is the second former Browns player to sue the team as a result of a staph infection. Receiver Joe Jurevicius reached an undisclosed settlement in his suit in June. Jurevicius also sued the Cleveland Clinic. Bentley's suit only involves the Browns and Cleveland Browns Holdings, LLC, Polk said.

    Polk said, "The Browns convinced LeCharles to rehab at their facility. Nothing required him to do it. That wasn't part of his job. They told him their facility was the best and that they had successfully helped others. But they never told him about a host of unsanitary conditions there, and they never told him about the list of others who contracted staph before he chose to rehab there.

    "Had the Browns disclosed that stuff to him, had they been straight with him, he would have never agreed to rehab at their training facility. The man nearly died from the staph infection he got there."

    Bentley, a former standout at St. Ignatius High School and Ohio State, suffered a torn patella tendon in his left knee on the first team drill of the 2006 Browns training camp. He had multiple surgeries and never played again, although he returned to compete in the team's minicamp in 2008 before asking for his release.

    Besides Bentley and Jurevicius, other Browns players who had bouts with staph infection include Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards, Brian Russell and Ben Taylor.

    Bentley, who now co-hosts a talk show on WKNR-AM 850, will not comment on the suit, Polk said[

    Evidence of a Team In Chaos LOL>

  • Homotron said:

    Once again we'll see if there is any sort of legitimacy to the probe. It appears to be the popular thing to do these days so I'll wait until things actually shake out to pass further judgment. Either way doesn't effect the Steelers.

    I believe there is legitimacy to the probe, but you are right. It doesn't effect the Steelers.

    I guess the only question to be asked is: why couldn't the guy have waited the two weeks until after the Bowl game to take the cash? I suspect the agent wanted to lock him up.....hopefully this will cost him his future as an agent. But heck, if Pouncey had waited the two weeks, he may have gotten a lot more from someone else.

    @the-gipper said:

    I believe there is legitimacy to the probe, but you are right. It doesn't effect the Steelers.

    I guess the only question to be asked is: why couldn't the guy have waited the two weeks until after the Bowl game to take the cash? I suspect the agent wanted to lock him up.....hopefully this will cost him his future as an agent. But heck, if Pouncey had waited the two weeks, he may have gotten a lot more from someone else.

    Its all about Greed...

  • @neweradawg said:

    Dennis Dixon's agent doesn't understand why Leftwich is first

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 23, 2010 10:33 AM ETThe agent for Dennis Dixon isn't a fan of how his client has been used this offseason.

    Agent Jeff Sperbeck told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Dixon didn't practice enough with the first-team offense during OTA season and wonders why he's expected to start training camp behind Byron Leftwich on the depth chart.

    "I don't understand why after Byron's been gone a year, they would bring him back and start him ahead of Dennis. To me, it should have been Dennis' job as the No. 1. He was No. 2 last year. Byron was not even in the picture," Sperbeck said.

    We understand Sperbeck's opinion and loyalty, but there has to be a better way to go about this than publicly calling out Dixon's coaching staff. It's key to note Dixon says nothing wrong in the article, but his agent doesn't do him any favors.

    "When you bestow the confidence in him that he is the guy, now the team knows that and they are prepared to follow him," Sperbeck said. "Without the team giving that to him, it's more difficult for any quarterback to lead when your own status is uncertain. You lead differently as a starter than you do as a backup."

    Mike Tomlin has a difficult job in training camp to prepare Ben Roethlisberger, Leftwich, and possibly Dixon. There just aren't enough snaps to go around and the Steelers don't appear comfortable handing the offense over to Dixon just yet.

    Sperbeck would be better served finding out why that is, and trying to help his client to improve.

    Here is just more proof of a team in chaos . lol

    Here's to confusion to the enemy

    222.gif

    Blaa Blaa... We will see. Common sense says Lefty , Dixon all of ONE Start ?? I Like the Kid and understand his being upset but this is Pro Football . You Pray the Best available. Chaos is what Troy creates.... But you hope for the worst , its your best Hope. By the way :

    www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...d_by_forme.html

    Cleveland, Ohio -- Former Browns center LeCharles Bentley, whose playing career ended after complications from staph infection, is suing the Browns for fraud and negligent misreprentation.

    Attorney Shannon Polk said today that Bentley has filed suit in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.

    2 0 0Share Bentley is the second former Browns player to sue the team as a result of a staph infection. Receiver Joe Jurevicius reached an undisclosed settlement in his suit in June. Jurevicius also sued the Cleveland Clinic. Bentley's suit only involves the Browns and Cleveland Browns Holdings, LLC, Polk said.

    Polk said, "The Browns convinced LeCharles to rehab at their facility. Nothing required him to do it. That wasn't part of his job. They told him their facility was the best and that they had successfully helped others. But they never told him about a host of unsanitary conditions there, and they never told him about the list of others who contracted staph before he chose to rehab there.

    "Had the Browns disclosed that stuff to him, had they been straight with him, he would have never agreed to rehab at their training facility. The man nearly died from the staph infection he got there."

    Bentley, a former standout at St. Ignatius High School and Ohio State, suffered a torn patella tendon in his left knee on the first team drill of the 2006 Browns training camp. He had multiple surgeries and never played again, although he returned to compete in the team's minicamp in 2008 before asking for his release.

    Besides Bentley and Jurevicius, other Browns players who had bouts with staph infection include Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards, Brian Russell and Ben Taylor.

    Bentley, who now co-hosts a talk show on WKNR-AM 850, will not comment on the suit, Polk said[

    Evidence of a Team In Chaos LOL>

    FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

    Blaa Blaa... We will see. Common sense says Lefty , Dixon all of ONE Start ?? I Like the Kid and understand his being upset but this is Pro Football . You Pray the Best available. Chaos is what Troy creates.... But you hope for the worst , its your best Hope. By the way :

    www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...d_by_forme.html

    Cleveland, Ohio -- Former Browns center LeCharles Bentley, whose playing career ended after complications from staph infection, is suing the Browns for fraud and negligent misreprentation.

    Attorney Shannon Polk said today that Bentley has filed suit in Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas.

    2 0 0Share Bentley is the second former Browns player to sue the team as a result of a staph infection. Receiver Joe Jurevicius reached an undisclosed settlement in his suit in June. Jurevicius also sued the Cleveland Clinic. Bentley's suit only involves the Browns and Cleveland Browns Holdings, LLC, Polk said.

    Polk said, "The Browns convinced LeCharles to rehab at their facility. Nothing required him to do it. That wasn't part of his job. They told him their facility was the best and that they had successfully helped others. But they never told him about a host of unsanitary conditions there, and they never told him about the list of others who contracted staph before he chose to rehab there.

    "Had the Browns disclosed that stuff to him, had they been straight with him, he would have never agreed to rehab at their training facility. The man nearly died from the staph infection he got there."

    Bentley, a former standout at St. Ignatius High School and Ohio State, suffered a torn patella tendon in his left knee on the first team drill of the 2006 Browns training camp. He had multiple surgeries and never played again, although he returned to compete in the team's minicamp in 2008 before asking for his release.

    Besides Bentley and Jurevicius, other Browns players who had bouts with staph infection include Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards, Brian Russell and Ben Taylor.

    Bentley, who now co-hosts a talk show on WKNR-AM 850, will not comment on the suit, Polk said[

    Evidence of a Team In Chaos LOL>

    i unblock you steeler trolls from time to time to get a good laugh. i thanked you on your post because every time you steeler trolls post on here, you prove my point about your ocd, childish emotional outbursts, over inflated sense of self worth, imaginary arrogance and sensitivity issues. thanks for playing and thanks for constantly posting on this board and proving my point. no need to even argue with you, you make it easy on a guy like me. we all know why you guys live on this board lol.

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Zing

    1 : a shrill humming noise

    2 a : an enjoyably exciting or stimulating quality : zest <really put some zing into this industry — Erwin Fine> b : a sharply piquant flavor <barbecue sauce with zing>

    OWNED!

    Actually dip sh.it I say zing as a inside joke between a friend of mine and I who lurks this message board. He's a diehard browns fan but he never posts here and he used to say "ZINGER" all the time after making fun of someone or making a off color comment. I'll be out in the Kent State area at some point this month. Want to meet up?

    Homotron said:

    I'll be out in the Kent State area at some point this month. Want to meet up?

    You definitely don't want to be in my backyard there bud.

  • Dennis Dixon's agent doesn't understand why Leftwich is first

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 23, 2010 10:33 AM ETThe agent for Dennis Dixon isn't a fan of how his client has been used this offseason.

    Agent Jeff Sperbeck told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Dixon didn't practice enough with the first-team offense during OTA season and wonders why he's expected to start training camp behind Byron Leftwich on the depth chart.

    "I don't understand why after Byron's been gone a year, they would bring him back and start him ahead of Dennis. To me, it should have been Dennis' job as the No. 1. He was No. 2 last year. Byron was not even in the picture," Sperbeck said.

    We understand Sperbeck's opinion and loyalty, but there has to be a better way to go about this than publicly calling out Dixon's coaching staff. It's key to note Dixon says nothing wrong in the article, but his agent doesn't do him any favors.

    "When you bestow the confidence in him that he is the guy, now the team knows that and they are prepared to follow him," Sperbeck said. "Without the team giving that to him, it's more difficult for any quarterback to lead when your own status is uncertain. You lead differently as a starter than you do as a backup."

    Mike Tomlin has a difficult job in training camp to prepare Ben Roethlisberger, Leftwich, and possibly Dixon. There just aren't enough snaps to go around and the Steelers don't appear comfortable handing the offense over to Dixon just yet.

    Sperbeck would be better served finding out why that is, and trying to help his client to improve.

    Here is just more proof of a team in chaos . lol

    Here's to confusion to the enemy

    222.gif

    @neweradawg said:

    Dennis Dixon's agent doesn't understand why Leftwich is first

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 23, 2010 10:33 AM ETThe agent for Dennis Dixon isn't a fan of how his client has been used this offseason.

    Agent Jeff Sperbeck told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Dixon didn't practice enough with the first-team offense during OTA season and wonders why he's expected to start training camp behind Byron Leftwich on the depth chart.

    "I don't understand why after Byron's been gone a year, they would bring him back and start him ahead of Dennis. To me, it should have been Dennis' job as the No. 1. He was No. 2 last year. Byron was not even in the picture," Sperbeck said.

    We understand Sperbeck's opinion and loyalty, but there has to be a better way to go about this than publicly calling out Dixon's coaching staff. It's key to note Dixon says nothing wrong in the article, but his agent doesn't do him any favors.

    "When you bestow the confidence in him that he is the guy, now the team knows that and they are prepared to follow him," Sperbeck said. "Without the team giving that to him, it's more difficult for any quarterback to lead when your own status is uncertain. You lead differently as a starter than you do as a backup."

    Mike Tomlin has a difficult job in training camp to prepare Ben Roethlisberger, Leftwich, and possibly Dixon. There just aren't enough snaps to go around and the Steelers don't appear comfortable handing the offense over to Dixon just yet.

    Sperbeck would be better served finding out why that is, and trying to help his client to improve.

    Here is just more proof of a team in chaos . lol

    Here's to confusion to the enemy

    222.gif

    Chaos? A healthy QB competition going in to training camp? and of course his agent is going to say that he wants Dennis taking more first team snaps. If you ask me Dixon deserves the opportunity to start. He's been there 3 years and Bryon left to play in tampa. I'm not saying I'm not confident in Leftwich but Dixon did a hell of a job despite the loss against the Rat Birds and only feel the way he did in the draft because of his injury. He's going to be a stud at some point in this league but it likely won't be with the Steelers considering the presence of Big Ben. Either way training camp will be fun. It's certainly not a Cleveland style controversy seeing as when Big Ben returns he's the guy no matter what.