Skip to content

Pro Football Pick 'Em--Week Eight

The Browns Board
4 4 773
  • Here's the college update:http://brownsboard.ipower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=150

    Another week, another odd week for the Browns. One of two things happened for the team this week: either a) despite having the worst coach, QB, defense, coaching staff, GM, and ownership in the NFL, they managed to beat one of the trendy SB picks for the second time in three weeks; or 😎 despite having a great coach, up-and-coming QB, the best line in football, a GM who manages to find diamonds in the seventh round, and an owner who does exactly what he should do--sign checks and get out of the way--the Browns won, but still have a baffling 3-4 record.

    My hunch is that it's somewhere in-between, but that's way more boring than "Fire RAC!," so...I'm not sure how to finish that sentence. Whatever. It's early.

    Anyway, here's what happened in the contest this week:

    Big Winners of the Week: This is a nightmare for me. Seriously, this is what I have been worried about since week one and I saw the name of everyone's entries. And now my nightmare has come true. Juki's Instant Losers and...guh...(I'm still calling the entry this) Childish Euphemism I Refuse to Type in Sweat Pants tied for the award this week, with 8 points apiece. Congratulations, Juki. You've--Juki--clearly earned this award. Excelsior to you, sir. Great job. Juki.

    Shameful Dogs of the Week: Lincoln Logs, DTBH, and Hag II all had 3 points.

    Here's this week's leaderboard:

    Juki's Instant Losers--8

    Childish Euphemism I Refuse to Type in Sweat Pants--8

    Ischy--7

    Berean--7

    Mark O--7

    Maddog20/20--7

    BrownsRule--7

    DieHardBrownsFan--7

    Thaak--7

    Sperk--7

    WVBrownsfan--7

    Furnier--6

    Dency's Winners--6

    mz the pussy's Picks--6

    Brownsfaninkorea--6

    Ballpeen--6

    Roach--6

    Your Wife Keeps Calling Me--6

    Earthed Ice--6

    WPBDawgfan--6

    HowieDawg--6

    Greenville Mayhem--6

    Adam--6

    Listercat--6

    Atenears--5

    Beanpot--5

    Mr. Freeze--5

    Quinn4president--5

    Inspecta my picks--5

    Ralph Linemaek--5

    Blitzburgh--5

    Ozzie--5

    Brownsfan17--5

    Tupa--4

    I Hate Pittsburgh--4

    Fan of Steel--4

    Timugen--4

    The Hammer--4

    Lincoln Logs--3

    DTBH--3

    Hag II--3

    Louisville Slugger--0

    Dirty Hands--0

    Rubescubes--0

    Browns 57--0

    Bermeck's Ky Hicks--0

    Cee Brown Booda--0

    Riceloft--0

    And season-to-date:

    1 Furnier 66

    2 Juki's Instant Losers 63

    3 Dency's Winners 61

    3 mz the pussy's picks 61

    5 brownsfaninkorea 60

    5 Ischy 60

    7 ballpeen 59

    7 Tupa 59

    7 ATENEARS 59

    7 berean 59

    11 Mark O 58

    11 Maddog20/20 58

    13 roach 57

    13 Your Wife keeps calling me.... 57

    13 I Hate Pittsburgh 57

    16 BrownsRule 56

    16 Beanpot 56

    16 DieHardBrownsFan 56

    16 Thaak 56

    16 Earthed Ice 56

    21 WPBDawgfan 55

    21 Childish Euphemism I Refuse to Type In Sweat Pants 55

    21 Mr. Freeze 55

    24 sperk 54

    25 WVBrownsfan 53

    25 Lincoln Logs 53

    27 DTBH 52

    27 HAGII 52

    27 Louisville_Slugger 52

    27 Fan Of STEEL 52

    31 HowieDawg 51

    31 quinn4president 51

    31 Timugen 51

    34 Inspecta my picks 50

    35 GREENville Mayhem 49

    36 Ralph Linemaek 48

    37 AdaM 47

    37 Blitzburgh 47

    37 OZZIE 47

    40 dirty hands 46

    40 BrownsFan17 46

    40 listercat 46

    43 THE HAMMER 44

    44 rubescubes 34

    45 Browns 57 32

    46 Bermeck's Ky Hicks 29

    47 Cee Brown Booda 9

    48 Riceloft 0

  • I had a craptastic week. Must make amends this coming week.

    I was looking forward to seeing how Dency would handle "Mike Seaver's Best Friend In Sweat Pants" first place finish this week.

    DWJ

  • LOL, I've been avoiding reading this weeks Pick'em update because I thought I scored a 4 (actually had 5!). But to my surprise this was a great update because I've learned that HagII scored a THREE!!! LOL, what a loser.

    Great bragging rights go on in this house.

  • <- Childish Euphemism I Refuse to Type in Sweat Pants