Happy Birthday to me.
-
Indians catcher Carlos Santana was hurt in a home plate collision with Red Sox rookie Ryan Kalish in the bottom of the 7th of tonight’s game in Boston. Santana was carted off the field with his entire left leg wrapped in a large orange air cast. It was a gruesome injury and appeared as if his knee and ankle were bent back and rolled over by Kalish, who was called out on an amazing throw from Shin-Soo Choo. Remarkably, Santana held on to the ball during the collision. Will Carroll, injury expert and Baseball Prospectus writer, initially surmised that the leg was broken and spotted swelling and deformation instantly, as training staffs for both clubs cut open his pants and worked on the knee right at home plate. Matt Underwood informed us that Santana was still in the trainer’s room and in good spirits, joking around with Fausto Carmona and Andy Marte. It’s a near certainty that Santana’s season is over and hopefully that is the extent of the long-term damage.
As part of my birthday festivities I scheduled a trip to see my brother in Boston and catch a couple Tribe games at Fenway. I'm leaving tomorrow, so at least I didn't have to witness that. I'm pretty sure I would've found my way to the top of the Green Monster and ended it right there. But I will be there for the next two games and hopefully will grab some pictures.
And as the Tribe board's eternal optimist, I have to say I'm looking for any piece of trivia, stat, story, anything that would cheer me up enough to get some kind of enjoyment out of these next two games. Feel free to send anything my way.
It's just baseball....it's just baseball....it's just baseball....
-
Wow can it get any worse....you think his catching days could be over?
Anyway Happy Birthday and I'm sure you'll have a great time a Fenway. Maybe you could bring Victor back with you.
-
Not a bad couple of games at Fenway. Saw the "brawl," and the 9-1 drubbing. Marson, Nix, and Marte leading the way against the Sox in Fenway. Pretty funny to watch, I must say.
Some pix...


An old friend

Seats in dead center, Beckett vs Choo.

View of the scuffle. I like the picture because it shows Jensen Lewis, the one guy who was fined AND suspended, on the pitcher's mound just watching.

Game 2 with view of the Monster

MAsteRSON warming up before the game.

Sandy and Victor. Ah, memories...

First pitch, Lester v. Donald

Masterson v Ellsbury

Victor trade, before and after.
Not bad overall. I wasn't sure I could handle life without Carlos, but it was a good time.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login