Skip to content

Zastudil done for the season

The Browns Board
58 21 5.0k
  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    I bet Cribbs could handle it 😒

    He can punt it and run down and be the guy to make the tackle. Make him a long snapper to, whats the point of wasting a roster spot for a guy that does nothing but long snap...never understood that.

    Hey now. Our long snapper was a 2x pro bowler if I'm not mistaken! 😆

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Hey now. Our long snapper was a 2x pro bowler if I'm not mistaken! 😆

    Pontbriand is one of the best at what he does and deserves his roster spot. Absolute accuracy on his long snaps. You remember the Buffalo ice bowl from a few years back when their long snapper shot one 10 feet over the punter's head for a safety?

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Hey now. Our long snapper was a 2x pro bowler if I'm not mistaken! 😆

    Pontbriand is one of the best at what he does and deserves his roster spot. Absolute accuracy on his long snaps. You remember the Buffalo ice bowl from a few years back when their long snapper shot one 10 feet over the punter's head for a safety?

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @hoorta said:

    Pontbriand is one of the best at what he does and deserves his roster spot. Absolute accuracy on his long snaps. You remember the Buffalo ice bowl from a few years back when their long snapper shot one 10 feet over the punter's head for a safety?

    I sure do remember that game.

  • @hoorta said:

    I'll grant you your hate for McDonald- but you're way off base on Hodges. Reggie pales only in comparison to Zastudil- who happens to be one of the best in the business. Here's the stats from last season (more than 40 punts).

    Zastudil- rank 3rd, avg 44.7, net 39.1

    Hodges- rank 11th, avg 39.8, net 36.4

    So unless you know of another Ray Guy out there in the bushes, I'd say Hodges is certainly an above average replacement.

    Someone needs to watch the video I posted a few posts back. I don't need a punter that doesn't know what he is doing.

    On a random note, we had a punter in 2006, I don't recall his name, but does anyone remember? He always would punt the ball 12 yards. It was great. Needless to say he started 2 games tops.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Someone needs to watch the video I posted a few posts back. I don't need a punter that doesn't know what he is doing.

    On a random note, we had a punter in 2006, I don't recall his name, but does anyone remember? He always would punt the ball 12 yards. It was great. Needless to say he started 2 games tops.

    i think his name was derek frost.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Someone needs to watch the video I posted a few posts back. I don't need a punter that doesn't know what he is doing.

    On a random note, we had a punter in 2006, I don't recall his name, but does anyone remember? He always would punt the ball 12 yards. It was great. Needless to say he started 2 games tops.

    i think his name was derek frost.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @sj_browns said:

    i think his name was derek frost.

    I had the years wrong, but you are correct!

    http://www.nfl.com/players/derrickfrost/profile?id=FRO666178

  • S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by SJ_Browns
    #29

    edit: his name was derrick frost and it looks like he's on the packers roster (or atleast he was back in february).

  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I think Hodges will do OK .With our good coverage abilities , and the fact we may have severely less 3 and outs I think we'll survive it . Dave Z was a great team player and will be missed .

  • @ballpeen said:

    He had a net average of 36.4 with 15 inside the 20 on 45 punts.

    He ranked 12th in the league.

    He isn't going to launch 60 yarders, but he is pretty good directionally so he can pin returners against one of the sidelines which simplifies coverage.

    BUT

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ns-41-Chiefs-34

    fastforward to 1:46

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #31

    @theclevelandsound said:

    BUT

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ns-41-Chiefs-34

    fastforward to 1:46

    Yeah, I watched it- and you're going to rag him out on a totally busted play? Pontbriand made one of his few errors and blew the snap count on that one! The up blocking back didn't know the ball was coming either.

  • S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #32

    frost was released by gb in dec 08 and played in the ufl last year.

  • S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Zombo said:

    It's Player Time!

    Scott_Player_Mustache___for_blog.png

    Zombo

    scott playa playa.

  • 5 585Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Zombo said:

    It's Player Time!

    Scott_Player_Mustache___for_blog.png

    Zombo

    Is that the cat with the single bar? That guy rocked! I thought he actually did very well when he filled in a few seasons ago....

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    BUT

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ns-41-Chiefs-34

    fastforward to 1:46

    Yeah, I watched it- and you're going to rag him out on a totally busted play? Pontbriand made one of his few errors and blew the snap count on that one! The up blocking back didn't know the ball was coming either.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, I watched it- and you're going to rag him out on a totally busted play? Pontbriand blew the snap count on that one! The up blocking back didn't know the ball was coming either.

    agreed. you and new era made some good points about hodges. i think we'll be okay with him.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    BUT

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ns-41-Chiefs-34

    fastforward to 1:46

    Yeah, I watched it- and you're going to rag him out on a totally busted play? Pontbriand made one of his few errors and blew the snap count on that one! The up blocking back didn't know the ball was coming either.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, I watched it- and you're going to rag him out on a totally busted play? Pontbriand made one of his few errors and blew the snap count on that one! The up blocking back didn't know the ball was coming either.

    He should have landed on the ball in the end zone, regardless.

    Either way, this is how I feel:

  • @ballpeen said:

    He had a net average of 36.4 with 15 inside the 20 on 45 punts.

    He ranked 12th in the league.

    He isn't going to launch 60 yarders, but he is pretty good directionally so he can pin returners against one of the sidelines which simplifies coverage.

    BUT

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ns-41-Chiefs-34

    fastforward to 1:46

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @theclevelandsound said:

    BUT

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ns-41-Chiefs-34

    fastforward to 1:46

    I am not going to watch...i am sure it is a crummy punt...so what???

    They all make bad kicks or do something goofy.

    The fact is this guy is always called back in to action year after year with different teams for the last 5-6 years, so it is obvious he is the best replacement out there who can't quite land a regular job.

    It is what it is....his numbers aren't all that bad and he is our punter for the season.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    BUT

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ns-41-Chiefs-34

    fastforward to 1:46

    I am not going to watch...i am sure it is a crummy punt...so what???

    They all make bad kicks or do something goofy.

    The fact is this guy is always called back in to action year after year with different teams for the last 5-6 years, so it is obvious he is the best replacement out there who can't quite land a regular job.

    It is what it is....his numbers aren't all that bad and he is our punter for the season.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by TheClevelandSound
    #38

    @ballpeen said:

    I am not going to watch...i am sure it is a crummy punt...so what???

    They all make bad kicks or do something goofy.

    The fact is this guy is always called back in to action year after year with different teams for the last 5-6 years, so it is obvious he is the best replacement out there who can't quite land a regular job.

    It is what it is....his numbers aren't all that bad and he is our punter for the season.

    You should watch. It has nothing to do with a punt. The longsnapper snapped the ball at an angle which ricocheted off of Nick Sorenson and landed in our own end zone. Thats not Reggies fault.

    What is Reggies fault is that instead of diving on the ball and us only giving up a safety (he had at least 5 second where he could cleanly dive on the ball, no one was even close to him), he runs around the ball, waits for a KC player to dive on it for a TD, then lands on the pile, falls off the pile, and acts like he is injured (even though film shows there was no way in hell he could have been).

    Just watch. You will understand why I don't like this guy. Half ass efforts wont get us wins.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #39

    This is an incredible amount of traffic here in a short period of time for a thread about a punter.

    You must all be Jim Tressel fans who says the punt in the most important play in football.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I wonder if Tom Tupa can still play. He'd save that third-string QB roster spot..

  • Brownsfan_AlthausB Brownsfan_Althaus wrote on last edited by
    #41

    im gunna have to agree, i did see this coming as well. now i do hope that we pick up a little better punter to compete with Hodges. would be a little better for the team

  • im gunna have to agree, i did see this coming as well. now i do hope that we pick up a little better punter to compete with Hodges. would be a little better for the team

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @brownsfan_althaus said:

    im gunna have to agree, i did see this coming as well. now i do hope that we pick up a little better punter to compete with Hodges. would be a little better for the team

    That sounds great, but the fact is NFL coaches love experience at the kicker positions....it's why you don't see many rooks make teams and why kickers play 20 years.

    If we can find a better punter, fine by me, but if it is close, Hodges is the guy we see this year so y'all might as well get comfortable with the fact.

  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I agree with peen . At least we know what we have in Hodges . Why shop now . I am sure there is a short list if something goes wrong .

  • @hoorta said:

    Yeah, I watched it- and you're going to rag him out on a totally busted play? Pontbriand made one of his few errors and blew the snap count on that one! The up blocking back didn't know the ball was coming either.

    He should have landed on the ball in the end zone, regardless.

    Either way, this is how I feel:

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #44

    @theclevelandsound said:

    He should have landed on the ball in the end zone, regardless.

    Either way, this is how I feel:

    OK, so Hodges didn't kick the ball out of the back of the end zone like he should have. If you can come up with a guy out there that can do better than 11th in punting (that's above average BTW), got any ideas? PS- we won the game against KC, so it didn't matter.

    And really, the guy makes one lousy play, and you want a replacement? Fer gosh sakes, Garo Ypremian did something way more stupid that that in the freaking Super Bowl.