Shoulder injury update and other stuff
-
Mike,
Sounds like you're coming along & that's a good thing.
Good to hear your Dad's ok too.
Mike
-
Thanks...
and Mike - I'm calling you in one week. Bank on it. @@
-
How cool is THIS ?
I can actually barely use my left arm now, to get a bottle of Barq's, and lift it up and get a slurp !
It's tough, but my arm makes it. GGG
Well, I have to lean forward a bit because I lose leverage on my arm when it's extended.... "sigh"...
I hear from everybody who's done it, that the physical therapy is murder.
The upside is, I get to play "itsy bitsy spider" up the wall with my left arm, to get the strength initially developed.
In a manly way, of course. @@
-
Update:
Went to physical therapy for the first time. My shoulder/arm is in real good shape, considering.
my therapist said I had to have had a lot of great muscle tone, because I am ahead of schedule, compared to
a lot of patients.
So, I graduated to a new set of exercizes. I was hesitating at first, and she asked what was worrying me.
I said I saw the pictures of the surgery, and it seemed like those rotator cuff jobbies could just snap right back apart.
She laughed, and said I was fine, she promised. So, I was. It's weird to hold a horizontal bar, and and have your shoulder not
go very far on some of the stuff. But, I did well, except I went to the farmers market Tues, and while we were all setting up,
it was a bit windy, but all of a sudden, a huge gust of wind caught my awning, and flipped it up into the air, and it would have
hit my nieghbor vendor's new Toyota. So, I jumped and caught it before it flipped onto her car, and pulled it back away and held it down.
Trouble was, I forgot about my shoulder for an instant, not wearing the sling anymore... and I had reached out waist high and grabbed
the leg as I reached up and grabbed the roof bracing. But, she and her friend helped me take it down and he put it back in my truck.
So, all's well that ends well... it's late in the season, and with the storm, not many customers showed up. I had several friends/vendors
ask me if I was okay...
because I was trying to keep my bicep from knotting up any more than it was, along with a muscle in the back of my shoulder on the
repaired right side. Those muscles haven't been used for about two months. So, that isn't a good idea.
But my wonderful cute Wife called, she just got off work, and I wasn't going to tell her what happened, and talked like I was just fine...
but she guessed it was my or a neighbor's awning, in the wind, and figured I torqued my shoulder.
Don't ask me how the hell she can do that. She said it was a very slight change in the tone of my voice. She just got off work, and she knew exactly
that something happened. She fascinates me to this day.
Amazing. Anyways, my therapist found the knots in my shoulder and arm, because she said my motion was hesitant at those certain movements.
That's also pretty interesting. So, I told her I had to admit, that tough guy as I am, I am a great big sissy boy when it comes to
this injury.
I have to go do some farm work now. GGG
-
What the heck is the AC joint, T?
Physical therapy is gong well, today I actually used my left arm to reach out and receive change at the store. "whoopee"... @@
forgot to check with my brother in law about his printing equipment... I'll call him now...
-

I am currently looking at a 2 color press, but I am in need of a affordable computer to plate system (ctp)
-

I am currently looking at a 2 color press, but I am in need of a affordable computer to plate system (ctp)
Mumford procedure here.

I am currently looking at a 2 color press, but I am in need of a affordable computer to plate system (ctp)
Dude use paper plates from a laser printer. They work good for short runs. At least for the time being. As long as their isn't a ton of coverage. Forms, etc work great.
You should find a 2 color press cheap. One of my old places I worked someone gave one for free. Yea it needed a shit ton of work, new rollers, blankets, etc, but for like $1500 and moving it not bad.
-
For comparison purposes, my brother-in-law says that he has a 2 color press that he'd have to have
5 grand before he'd part with it.
Whatever that means as far as value goes, I don't have a clue...
He doesn't have a color to plate system thing.... @@
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login