PSA
-
There's no point trying to argue with the homer, Hawg.
They don't see reason when it's staring them right in the face. Quote stats all you want, but you can bet that Holmgren and Co. puts the best player on the field every game.
Here's a ridiculous stat you can start throwing in people's faces, since Harrison is your God.
The Cleveland Browns are 2-0 in games where Harrison has had a touchdown run of at least 71 yards.
-
The one aspect of giving Harrision more touches would be the fact he's one of the few actual play-makers on our team. Ultimately though, the coaching staff felt in this game, Hillis was the better choice to run between the tackles. On one angle, i like this approach as we are moving away from a "we are going to do it this way just to do it this way" approach, on another hand, there seems to be perhaps a bit of overthinking element to it all. (which i think Mangini tends to do)
To me, i say you play your weapons. I want more Cribs, more Harrision and anyone else you think can make plays for your team. If other guys prove they can break off big plays, get them on the field. Perhaps over-simplified but i still think it is a truth. Hillis, to his credit, showed some skills and i was impressed. The fumbles took away from the performance but as a fan, i'm glad to have him as a Brown. Lastly, i've got to agree to those who say Mangini has a bit of a bug up his butt about Jerome. Just seems like he isn't going to go out of his way to make sure he gets on the field to me. (plus all the praise Monterio was getting -rightfully so- and very few pos-mens for Harrision) I have a feeling Jerome Harrison isn't in Coach Mangini or Holgrem or Heckerts plans , longterm-wise.
-
I think I need to be clear that I love Hillis. He is one of the hardest runners I have ever seen. I am glad he is on our team. I just believe that Harrison has done more to show that he deserves the bulk of the carries, at least 20 a game. This will definitely help our team win.
-
I think I need to be clear that I love Hillis. He is one of the hardest runners I have ever seen. I am glad he is on our team. I just believe that Harrison has done more to show that he deserves the bulk of the carries, at least 20 a game. This will definitely help our team win.
I think I need to be clear that I love Hillis. He is one of the hardest runners I have ever seen. I am glad he is on our team. I just believe that Harrison has done more to show that he deserves the bulk of the carries, at least 20 a game. This will definitely help our team win.
I can agree with some of that. Harrison has done a great deal for this team. He's proven he needs to be utilized more. And I think he will be. But when he isn't drawn up in the gameplan, I think it's for good reason.
-
He had 9 carries for 52 yards. If you do the math that's better than 5.0 YPC. So what makes you think he would carry 20 times for 60 yards. You don't seem to be well learned in football to me buddy. Last time i checked 5 YPC is pretty good. So why not give him the ball more? Making football more complicated than what it has to be is why Coaches fail. It's not that difficult.
And one of those runs was a 40 yard run. Take that run out, and he's got 8 carries for 12 yards. He got stuffed the entire day, except for one lucky run he broke. Whereas Hillis was picking up yards every time he touched the ball. He didn't break open for any real big gains, but he moved the chains. And that's what you want when you're up by only a score in the second half. Ball control offense, look it up.
And one of those runs was a 40 yard run. Take that run out, and he's got 8 carries for 12 yards. He got stuffed the entire day, except for one lucky run he broke.
Reading through this pissing contest, I stumbled upon this little gem... then I saw 3 people that thanked him for the comment.

How exactly does one get lucky on a forty yard run? Did the entire D Line walk over to the sidelines for a water break on the play? Did the sprinkler heads suddenly turn on and only the defensive players tripped on them while harrison ran by? Maybe the sun was at such an angle that the defense couldn't see anything for just that one play...
-
You're "injury-prone" if you.. get injured. Hardesty didn't re-injure the same part of his body like Kris Jenkins, he just had the bad luck of having a D-lineman roll up his leg. It happens. The last time Hardesty was injured was 3 years ago.. over 600 runs into the line ago.
There's nothing he can "do" other than work out and be ready for next year. If there was something he could do, he would have done it already. Hardesty beat out Arian Foster at UT - he IS a good football player.
There is no "trend" with Hardesty's injuries.
-
And one of those runs was a 40 yard run. Take that run out, and he's got 8 carries for 12 yards. He got stuffed the entire day, except for one lucky run he broke.
Reading through this pissing contest, I stumbled upon this little gem... then I saw 3 people that thanked him for the comment.

How exactly does one get lucky on a forty yard run? Did the entire D Line walk over to the sidelines for a water break on the play? Did the sprinkler heads suddenly turn on and only the defensive players tripped on them while harrison ran by? Maybe the sun was at such an angle that the defense couldn't see anything for just that one play...
Reading through this pissing contest, I stumbled upon this little gem... then I saw 3 people that thanked him for the comment.
How exactly does one get lucky on a forty yard run? Did the entire D Line walk over to the sidelines for a water break on the play? Did the sprinkler heads suddenly turn on and only the defensive players tripped on them while harrison ran by? Maybe the sun was at such an angle that the defense couldn't see anything for just that one play...
No, he got lucky that he wasn't stuffed at the line.... like he was on basically every other carry. He's lucky his offensive linemen decided to block for him. He's lucky that Joe Thomas came over and blindsided the mike linebacker, or he would have been stopped after 5 yards. He's lucky that Robo made a huge block on the corner, knocking him to the ground, and then another equally important block on the safety. That's why he's lucky.
A RB is always lucky when he break open a big run. Any RB, any time. Most of the time, it's attributed to luck rather than skill. Excluding, of course, AP's run against us last year. That was skill.
-
Reading through this pissing contest, I stumbled upon this little gem... then I saw 3 people that thanked him for the comment.
How exactly does one get lucky on a forty yard run? Did the entire D Line walk over to the sidelines for a water break on the play? Did the sprinkler heads suddenly turn on and only the defensive players tripped on them while harrison ran by? Maybe the sun was at such an angle that the defense couldn't see anything for just that one play...
No, he got lucky that he wasn't stuffed at the line.... like he was on basically every other carry. He's lucky his offensive linemen decided to block for him. He's lucky that Joe Thomas came over and blindsided the mike linebacker, or he would have been stopped after 5 yards. He's lucky that Robo made a huge block on the corner, knocking him to the ground, and then another equally important block on the safety. That's why he's lucky.
A RB is always lucky when he break open a big run. Any RB, any time. Most of the time, it's attributed to luck rather than skill. Excluding, of course, AP's run against us last year. That was skill.
No, he got lucky that he wasn't stuffed at the line.... like he was on basically every other carry. He's lucky his offensive linemen decided to block for him. He's lucky that Joe Thomas came over and blindsided the mike linebacker, or he would have been stopped after 5 yards. He's lucky that Robo made a huge block on the corner, knocking him to the ground, and then another equally important block on the safety. That's why he's lucky.
A RB is always lucky when he break open a big run. Any RB, any time. Most of the time, it's attributed to luck rather than skill. Excluding, of course, AP's run against us last year. That was skill.
Then why are we even debating who is the running back? The Browns might as well just sign me since I would play for a lot less money and since it requires no skill.
-
Reading through this pissing contest, I stumbled upon this little gem... then I saw 3 people that thanked him for the comment.
How exactly does one get lucky on a forty yard run? Did the entire D Line walk over to the sidelines for a water break on the play? Did the sprinkler heads suddenly turn on and only the defensive players tripped on them while harrison ran by? Maybe the sun was at such an angle that the defense couldn't see anything for just that one play...
No, he got lucky that he wasn't stuffed at the line.... like he was on basically every other carry. He's lucky his offensive linemen decided to block for him. He's lucky that Joe Thomas came over and blindsided the mike linebacker, or he would have been stopped after 5 yards. He's lucky that Robo made a huge block on the corner, knocking him to the ground, and then another equally important block on the safety. That's why he's lucky.
A RB is always lucky when he break open a big run. Any RB, any time. Most of the time, it's attributed to luck rather than skill. Excluding, of course, AP's run against us last year. That was skill.
No, he got lucky that he wasn't stuffed at the line.... like he was on basically every other carry. He's lucky his offensive linemen decided to block for him. He's lucky that Joe Thomas came over and blindsided the mike linebacker, or he would have been stopped after 5 yards. He's lucky that Robo made a huge block on the corner, knocking him to the ground, and then another equally important block on the safety. That's why he's lucky.
A RB is always lucky when he break open a big run. Any RB, any time. Most of the time, it's attributed to luck rather than skill. Excluding, of course, AP's run against us last year. That was skill.
So..... He is lucky that an NFL offensive lineman blocked somebody on a play? He's lucky that the 10 other guys on the NFL team he plays on did what they were suppose to do on a run play

Your reaching dude.
P.S.- I'm sure glad that Robo can block, cause he ain't doing much else.
-
No, he got lucky that he wasn't stuffed at the line.... like he was on basically every other carry. He's lucky his offensive linemen decided to block for him. He's lucky that Joe Thomas came over and blindsided the mike linebacker, or he would have been stopped after 5 yards. He's lucky that Robo made a huge block on the corner, knocking him to the ground, and then another equally important block on the safety. That's why he's lucky.
A RB is always lucky when he break open a big run. Any RB, any time. Most of the time, it's attributed to luck rather than skill. Excluding, of course, AP's run against us last year. That was skill.
Then why are we even debating who is the running back? The Browns might as well just sign me since I would play for a lot less money and since it requires no skill.
Then why are we even debating who is the running back? The Browns might as well just sign me since I would play for a lot less money and since it requires no skill.
I wouldn't go that far but RB is the most overrated position as far as talent goes. If you have a line, any decent RB will succeed.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login