Skip to content

The Big Bad Steeler D

The Browns Board
32 17 3.2k
  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Something to think about....

    The Big, Bad Steelers Defense is tied for ninth with 11 sacks (through 4 games) for a total of 2.75 sacks per game

    Did you realize that through five games, the Browns are tied for fifth allowing only 7 sacks through five games? They're third in the league having allowed only 14 hits on the QB. Only Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady have been hit less. Granted, those hits have proven costly but there is at least some objective evidence that the offensive line can pass protect for the rookie.

    Furthermore, the Browns' pass defense is actually rated 18th vs the Steelers' 20th rated pass defense.

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Something I have been reiterating all season. The Browns have the best O line in the NFL.

  • Something to think about....

    The Big, Bad Steelers Defense is tied for ninth with 11 sacks (through 4 games) for a total of 2.75 sacks per game

    Did you realize that through five games, the Browns are tied for fifth allowing only 7 sacks through five games? They're third in the league having allowed only 14 hits on the QB. Only Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady have been hit less. Granted, those hits have proven costly but there is at least some objective evidence that the offensive line can pass protect for the rookie.

    Furthermore, the Browns' pass defense is actually rated 18th vs the Steelers' 20th rated pass defense.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by BUNSofSTEEL08
    #3

    @earl34 said:

    Something to think about....

    The Big, Bad Steelers Defense is tied for ninth with 11 sacks (through 4 games) for a total of 2.75 sacks per game

    Did you realize that through five games, the Browns are tied for fifth allowing only 7 sacks through five games? They're third in the league having allowed only 14 hits on the QB. Only Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady have been hit less. Granted, those hits have proven costly but there is at least some objective evidence that the offensive line can pass protect for the rookie.

    Furthermore, the Browns' pass defense is actually rated 18th vs the Steelers' 20th rated pass defense.

    And SACKS Alone are the End all BE all of Rating a Defense... Right ? Stats not the Story... Steelers somewhat of a Bend dont Break D... If you have Offensive Capability you CAN Indeed MOVE that Ball on the Steelers. I think they Bet that You will mess up Before you can Score , More often than Not. Last stat I heard was Blitzing less than 40% of the Time this Year. Add to that they will HIT you and HIT you hard... so Intimidation also a factor.

  • @earl34 said:

    Something to think about....

    The Big, Bad Steelers Defense is tied for ninth with 11 sacks (through 4 games) for a total of 2.75 sacks per game

    Did you realize that through five games, the Browns are tied for fifth allowing only 7 sacks through five games? They're third in the league having allowed only 14 hits on the QB. Only Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady have been hit less. Granted, those hits have proven costly but there is at least some objective evidence that the offensive line can pass protect for the rookie.

    Furthermore, the Browns' pass defense is actually rated 18th vs the Steelers' 20th rated pass defense.

    And SACKS Alone are the End all BE all of Rating a Defense... Right ? Stats not the Story... Steelers somewhat of a Bend dont Break D... If you have Offensive Capability you CAN Indeed MOVE that Ball on the Steelers. I think they Bet that You will mess up Before you can Score , More often than Not. Last stat I heard was Blitzing less than 40% of the Time this Year. Add to that they will HIT you and HIT you hard... so Intimidation also a factor.

    E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @bunsofsteel08 said:

    And SACKS Alone are the End all BE all of Rating a Defense... Right ?

    I didn't say that. You did.

    This is in response to the idea that the rookie is going to get the snot beat out of him. Here's some evidence that suggests this might not be the case. Don't take it so personally. I didn't say that the Steeler D wasn't any good.

  • @bunsofsteel08 said:

    And SACKS Alone are the End all BE all of Rating a Defense... Right ?

    I didn't say that. You did.

    This is in response to the idea that the rookie is going to get the snot beat out of him. Here's some evidence that suggests this might not be the case. Don't take it so personally. I didn't say that the Steeler D wasn't any good.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @earl34 said:

    I didn't say that. You did.

    This is in response to the idea that the rookie is going to get the snot beat out of him. Here's some evidence that suggests this might not be the case. Don't take it so personally. I didn't say that the Steeler D wasn't any good.

    Gotcha !! Well the Rookie is Very Mobile... so Blitzing can always be counter productive if the kid heads Up Field.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
    #6

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

    Total Defense (YPG) Top 5

    1. New York Giants 244.6

    2. San Diego Chargers 246.2

    3. Baltimore Ravens 257.8

    4. Pittsburgh Steelers 289.0

    5. Minnesota Vikings 289.2

    Passing (YPG) Top 5

    1. New York Giants 146.0

    2. Baltimore Ravens 156.6

    3. San Diego Chargers 159.8

    4. Miami Dolphins 181.5

    5. Carolina Panthers 182.4

    Rushing (YPG) Top 5

    1. Pittsburgh Steelers 62.2

    2. Seattle Seahawks 72.8

    3. Chicago Bears 78.6

    4. New York Jets 79.0

    5. Houston Texans 79.6

    I would say the NY Giants have the #1 defense.

    The steelers Wins came against

    Atlanta ranks 10th in Total Defense

    Tenn. ranks 22nd in Total Defense

    Tampa Bay ranks 18th in Total Defense

    The Steelers Lost to Baltimore who ranks 3rd in Total Defense

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Formerly Stone said:

    Or..............................Defenses simply don't need to blitz or rush a non-existent offense?

    Just a thought!

    I dont know where you are getting this. Watch film. We get blitzed just as much as anyone else. How many times did Seneca have to run out of the pocket?

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Formerly Stone said:

    Hey kid..............that's because of the breakdowns of your O-line Joe Thomas is a good NFL player and he was beat like a red headed step child last week!

    Joe Thomas: A+ Probowl Tackle

    Eric Steinbeck: Above Average Guard

    Alex Mack: Reliable Sophomore Center with tons of potential

    Floyd Womack: Veteran Right guard that can help out the center with double teams

    Shawn Lauvao: Rookie Tackle with strong arms and great endurance

    Tony Pashos: Seasoned Tackle with excellent hands

    Whats your point?

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Formerly Stone said:

    Hey kid..............that's because of the breakdowns of your O-line Joe Thomas is a good NFL player and he was beat like a red headed step child last week!

    That's weird because that was the same thing your red headed wife took on her snatch this month.

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Formerly Stone said:

    My point?

    You said the Browns had the best O line in the NFL.................you're goofy!

    We do. Remember, your team has the worst O line in the NFL, second to maybe Chicago. I am sorry to hear that.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    My point?

    You said the Browns had the best O line in the NFL.................you're goofy!

    We do. Remember, your team has the worst O line in the NFL, second to maybe Chicago. I am sorry to hear that.

    S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @theclevelandsound said:

    We do. Remember, your team has the worst O line in the NFL, second to maybe Chicago. I am sorry to hear that.

    Our two recent lombardi's agree.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    We do. Remember, your team has the worst O line in the NFL, second to maybe Chicago. I am sorry to hear that.

    Our two recent lombardi's agree.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @steeler-schick said:

    Our two recent lombardi's agree.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

    Our 8 sack game in December agrees.

    Regards...

    ... Ryan

    .

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    ... an'at

    Just out of curiosity, what is this? In a vacuum it looks like something in Arabic, but I assume its not that.

  • ... an'at

    Just out of curiosity, what is this? In a vacuum it looks like something in Arabic, but I assume its not that.

    S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    ... an'at

    Just out of curiosity, what is this? In a vacuum it looks like something in Arabic, but I assume its not that.

    I think it means retarted hick who bangs his sister in arabic. I could be wrong though.

  • ... an'at

    Just out of curiosity, what is this? In a vacuum it looks like something in Arabic, but I assume its not that.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-gipper said:

    ... an'at

    Just out of curiosity, what is this? In a vacuum it looks like something in Arabic, but I assume its not that.

    I looked it up and "Anat" is the ancient Semitic Goddess of War. So that could have been kind of cool....if that is what he meant by it. But that probably wasn't it.

  • B BubbyBumbster wrote on last edited by
    #16

    the Browns always talk trash but cannot ever back it up on the football field.

    Who is impressed with Mangini and Holmgren?

    Colt McCoy is a wimpy QB who has no business playing in the NFL.

  • the Browns always talk trash but cannot ever back it up on the football field.

    Who is impressed with Mangini and Holmgren?

    Colt McCoy is a wimpy QB who has no business playing in the NFL.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #17

    @bubbybumbster said:

    the Browns always talk trash but cannot ever back it up on the football field.

    Who is impressed with Mangini and Holmgren?

    Colt McCoy is a wimpy QB who has no business playing in the NFL.

    You are really a Peggy Lee kind of personality, aren't you? :

  • Something I have been reiterating all season. The Browns have the best O line in the NFL.

    S StrangeBru wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Something I have been reiterating all season. The Browns have the best O line in the NFL.

    Being a Ravens fan I would say the Browns O-line is #2 🙂, but that is one heck of a stat in the original post. The way Peyton Hillis ran against the Ravens though I can see why they are such a good line.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Something I have been reiterating all season. The Browns have the best O line in the NFL.

    Being a Ravens fan I would say the Browns O-line is #2 🙂, but that is one heck of a stat in the original post. The way Peyton Hillis ran against the Ravens though I can see why they are such a good line.

    SuperSteelersS SuperSteelers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @strangebru said:

    Being a Ravens fan I would say the Browns O-line is #2 🙂, but that is one heck of a stat in the original post. The way Peyton Hillis ran against the Ravens though I can see why they are such a good line.

    Being a Ravens fan has as much credibility as the Ravens team itself, none. To be a fan of a team that stole another team's organization means you are nothing more than a band wagoner with no morals, however that is self-explanatory

  • @strangebru said:

    Being a Ravens fan I would say the Browns O-line is #2 🙂, but that is one heck of a stat in the original post. The way Peyton Hillis ran against the Ravens though I can see why they are such a good line.

    Being a Ravens fan has as much credibility as the Ravens team itself, none. To be a fan of a team that stole another team's organization means you are nothing more than a band wagoner with no morals, however that is self-explanatory

    S StrangeBru wrote on last edited by StrangeBru
    #20

    @supersteelers said:

    Being a Ravens fan has as much credibility as the Ravens team itself, none. To be a fan of a team that stole another team's organization means you are nothing more than a band wagoner with no morals, however that is self-explanatory

    Don't be jealous that the Ravens and Browns have better O-lines than the Steelers. Try to stay on focus and not just cave into personal attacks. What would you like to say about O-lines, since that is what the thread was started for?

    If the Steelers had an even half-way decent line would they need such a scrammbling QB like Pig Ben?