Eagles in the Playoffs = Good News for Browns
-
I'm not sure how DA has any value. We benched the guy for an unproven 2nd year QB after having a pretty good Prior year. The only way I see DA having any value for any team or coach is if his benching had nothing to do with performance and someone else was calling the shots for DA's sit down, and that the other coaches, GM's, etc., know that.
Quinn was trade bate. That's all he was. Why would they extend DA's contract? Something, IMO, didn't go the Browns way with BQ trade talks after his draft, maybe because he just isn't as good as we thought.
-
I'm not sure how DA has any value. We benched the guy for an unproven 2nd year QB after having a pretty good Prior year. The only way I see DA having any value for any team or coach is if his benching had nothing to do with performance and someone else was calling the shots for DA's sit down, and that the other coaches, GM's, etc., know that.
Quinn was trade bate. That's all he was. Why would they extend DA's contract? Something, IMO, didn't go the Browns way with BQ trade talks after his draft, maybe because he just isn't as good as we thought.
I'm not sure how DA has any value. We benched the guy for an unproven 2nd year QB after having a pretty good Prior year. The only way I see DA having any value for any team or coach is if his benching had nothing to do with performance and someone else was calling the shots for DA's sit down, and that the other coaches, GM's, etc., know that.
Quinn was trade bate. That's all he was. Why would they extend DA's contract? Something, IMO, didn't go the Browns way with BQ trade talks after his draft, maybe because he just isn't as good as we thought.
They extended DAs contract for many reasons, and feelings on Quinn had little to nothing to do with it. DA had a break out year (well technically first half of a year). You don't let that walk away for nothing. The contract they signed him for was essentially a one year deal if he didn't do well, which allowed them to cut their loses if that was the case.
I mean if CLE planned to trade Quinn, why didn't they when suppossedly KC was offering a lot for him?
I don't believe for one second Quinn was ever trade bait.
-
So much for the REAL TOPIC!
So much for the REAL TOPIC!
Is it possible for you BQ fags to think of anything besides licking BQs nuts while he hasn't done jack shit and is WORSE than all of you had hoped for?
Quinn hasn't even solidified himself as an NFL player, let alone franchise QB. Not only did he NOT do "much better" than DA. He didn't do better at all, and was appreciably WORSE in the most important dept...TDs. And all the talk about Quinn being a "great leader"...well that blew up in everybody's faces as the locker room immediately went into chaos after the switch.
All of you who think a new coach will bow to the fags and play everybody's favorite QB and that the Pro Bowler will get shipped have NO EVIDENCE to back it up. None.
As long as you start an endless number of post about your Brady Quinn fantasies based on nothing, expect to get a dose of reality every once in a while.
And deleting responses just shows you're a pussy who can't handle it, scared for your boy's future.
-
So much for the REAL TOPIC!
Is it possible for you BQ fags to think of anything besides licking BQs nuts while he hasn't done jack shit and is WORSE than all of you had hoped for?
Quinn hasn't even solidified himself as an NFL player, let alone franchise QB. Not only did he NOT do "much better" than DA. He didn't do better at all, and was appreciably WORSE in the most important dept...TDs. And all the talk about Quinn being a "great leader"...well that blew up in everybody's faces as the locker room immediately went into chaos after the switch.
All of you who think a new coach will bow to the fags and play everybody's favorite QB and that the Pro Bowler will get shipped have NO EVIDENCE to back it up. None.
As long as you start an endless number of post about your Brady Quinn fantasies based on nothing, expect to get a dose of reality every once in a while.
And deleting responses just shows you're a pussy who can't handle it, scared for your boy's future.
Is it possible for you BQ fags to think of anything besides licking BQs nuts while he hasn't done jack shit and is WORSE than all of you had hoped for?
Quinn hasn't even solidified himself as an NFL player, let alone franchise QB. Not only did he NOT do "much better" than DA. He didn't do better at all, and was appreciably WORSE in the most important dept...TDs. And all the talk about Quinn being a "great leader"...well that blew up in everybody's faces as the locker room immediately went into chaos after the switch.
All of you who think a new coach will bow to the fags and play everybody's favorite QB and that the Pro Bowler will get shipped have NO EVIDENCE to back it up. None.
As long as you start and endless number of post about your Brady Quinn fantasies based on nothing, expect to get a dose of reality every once in a while.
And deleting responses just shows you're a pussy who can't handle it, scared for your boy's future.
*yawn*
-
I don't see BQ being traded and I don't see the big value in DA anymore. I believe if K2 and BE were to end up going elsewhere, they'd be devalued in a trade as well. Based on this season's perfomance, I have to think most players from this organization are considered damaged goods. K2 - injuries, BE - can't close, DA - overated. I believe there is a much bigger gap between Matt Cassel and DA. Players would have to have a tremndous looking advantage to get a good look froma weak organization - ie.: Shaun Rogers.
IF McNabb hits the market, DA will be a possible 3rd backup for a reputable organization and a decent 2nd for anyone other than the Lions.
-
John, I think you're dead on here. Philly will have a hard time explaining to the rest of their roster why they let their QB go after the last few games he has had. A win over Dallas, and he's back next year.
One point on Cassel; the Pats could franchise tag him and then trade him rather than just letting him go. This would increase his price to any team that wanted him, and could potentially push a couple teams out of the running...and into the field of interest for DA.
-
I don't see BQ being traded and I don't see the big value in DA anymore. I believe if K2 and BE were to end up going elsewhere, they'd be devalued in a trade as well. Based on this season's perfomance, I have to think most players from this organization are considered damaged goods. K2 - injuries, BE - can't close, DA - overated. I believe there is a much bigger gap between Matt Cassel and DA. Players would have to have a tremndous looking advantage to get a good look froma weak organization - ie.: Shaun Rogers.
IF McNabb hits the market, DA will be a possible 3rd backup for a reputable organization and a decent 2nd for anyone other than the Lions.
I don't see BQ being traded and I don't see the big value in DA anymore.
Yeah and you also see DA as a "3rd backup", whatever that is. In other words, you don't know shit from shinola.
Regarding Matt Cassell. He has 18 TD passes this season.
The guy he replaced threw 50 TD passes last season.
He is playing on the team that some called the best in the history of the NFL.
I think even Charlie Quinn coulda tossed 18 TDs for New England this year.
-
I don't see BQ being traded and I don't see the big value in DA anymore.
Yeah and you also see DA as a "3rd backup", whatever that is. In other words, you don't know shit from shinola.
Regarding Matt Cassell. He has 18 TD passes this season.
The guy he replaced threw 50 TD passes last season.
He is playing on the team that some called the best in the history of the NFL.
I think even Charlie Quinn coulda tossed 18 TDs for New England this year.
Regarding Matt Cassell. He has 18 TD passes this season.
Speaking of not knowing shit from shinola.....
You do realize Matt Cassell had not started in a game since HS before this season. He also put up back to back 400 yard passing games (which happens next to never). He can also complete over 60% of his passes. He will finish with a better QBR this year than DA did last year, even though he hadn't had a meaningful snap in what, 6+ years?
-
Brownies fans,
I can't stop laughing. Seriously, you don't have QB on your roster whom anyone in their right might would trade a second round pick for, regardless of Donovan McNabb's availability. You guys have a high draft pick this year, you should seriously consider using it for a QB. Brady Quinn can't throw the ball deep, heck he has trouble with short passes. BQ desires to be a bench warmer. What QB would elect season ending surgery (he didn't need) when said QB hasn't even established he's starter material. DA is the best you have right now and if you could get a 4th for him, you are making out like bandits!
-
Brownies fans,
I can't stop laughing. Seriously, you don't have QB on your roster whom anyone in their right might would trade a second round pick for, regardless of Donovan McNabb's availability. You guys have a high draft pick this year, you should seriously consider using it for a QB. Brady Quinn can't throw the ball deep, heck he has trouble with short passes. BQ desires to be a bench warmer. What QB would elect season ending surgery (he didn't need) when said QB hasn't even established he's starter material. DA is the best you have right now and if you could get a 4th for him, you are making out like bandits!
Endymion said:
Brownies fans,I can't stop laughing. Seriously, you don't have QB on your roster whom anyone in their right might would trade a second round pick for, regardless of Donovan McNabb's availability. You guys have a high draft pick this year, you should seriously consider using it for a QB. Brady Quinn can't throw the ball deep, heck he has trouble with short passes. BQ desires to be a bench warmer. What QB would elect season ending surgery (he didn't need) when said QB hasn't even established he's starter material. DA is the best you have right now and if you could get a 4th for him, you are making out like bandits!
Wow, what little you know about Quinn.
First, go google Quinn and watch his private work outs before the draft and college highlights. You'll see he can throw the deep ball. Heck, read a scouting report.
Secondly, whether he had surgury or went the rehab only route, he was done for the season. So it isn't like he elected season ending surgury over a rehab that might allow him to play again this year. He chose surgery because it was the surest bet for a full recovery with out potental issues down the road if rehab didn't fix it.
Thirdly, you may want to rewatch his first two starts and look at his game stat break downs. He has zero issues completing the 15 yards and under passes. His completion percentages will show you that.
Lastly, how is it every pundent, including former QBs suchs as Jaws and Steve Young seem to think Quinn is a franchise QB?
-
Endymion said:
Brownies fans,I can't stop laughing. Seriously, you don't have QB on your roster whom anyone in their right might would trade a second round pick for, regardless of Donovan McNabb's availability. You guys have a high draft pick this year, you should seriously consider using it for a QB. Brady Quinn can't throw the ball deep, heck he has trouble with short passes. BQ desires to be a bench warmer. What QB would elect season ending surgery (he didn't need) when said QB hasn't even established he's starter material. DA is the best you have right now and if you could get a 4th for him, you are making out like bandits!
Wow, what little you know about Quinn.
First, go google Quinn and watch his private work outs before the draft and college highlights. You'll see he can throw the deep ball. Heck, read a scouting report.
Secondly, whether he had surgury or went the rehab only route, he was done for the season. So it isn't like he elected season ending surgury over a rehab that might allow him to play again this year. He chose surgery because it was the surest bet for a full recovery with out potental issues down the road if rehab didn't fix it.
Thirdly, you may want to rewatch his first two starts and look at his game stat break downs. He has zero issues completing the 15 yards and under passes. His completion percentages will show you that.
Lastly, how is it every pundent, including former QBs suchs as Jaws and Steve Young seem to think Quinn is a franchise QB?
Masters said:
Thirdly, you may want to rewatch his first two starts and look at his game stat break downs. He has zero issues completing the 15 yards and under passes. His completion percentages will show you that.Masterbater, you just called someone out for not knowing anything about Quinn. And then you posted this?
Quinn's completion percentage is 49.5. FORTY NINE POINT FIVE.
And none of his passes go deep. Not a single pass in the Denver game was described as DEEP in the NFL game logs.
He has issues with every part of his game including short passes.
-
Masters said:
Thirdly, you may want to rewatch his first two starts and look at his game stat break downs. He has zero issues completing the 15 yards and under passes. His completion percentages will show you that.Masterbater, you just called someone out for not knowing anything about Quinn. And then you posted this?
Quinn's completion percentage is 49.5. FORTY NINE POINT FIVE.
And none of his passes go deep. Not a single pass in the Denver game was described as DEEP in the NFL game logs.
He has issues with every part of his game including short passes.
Masterbater, you just called someone out for not knowing anything about Quinn. And then you posted this?
Quinn's completion percentage is 49.5. FORTY NINE POINT FIVE.
And none of his passes go deep. Not a single pass in the Denver game was described as DEEP in the NFL game logs.
He has issues with every part of his game including short passes.
Dumburgh, reading comprehension, not your strong suit. Did I say his over all completion %? Did I say his completions a deep balls was high? Nope. Was specifically speaking of his short pass completion %, which that guy said Quinn has trouble w/, but the stats say otherwise. Unlike what they show for DA.
By the way, Quinns completion percentage on the season was 50.6%. Which was till higher than DA by 0.4%.
Oh, and DA's % goes down as it gets over 10 yards too this year.
-
Masters,
Breaking the tip of you index finger seems like a minor injury to me, whether or not you are a QB. If I was an established QB, say like Carson Palmer, then okay I'd have the surgery. Trying to secure a starting position like Quinn, they'd have had to have physically restrain me. Maybe it is unplayable, but I'd have made the team state "we are requiring him to get this surgery" or something similar.
Second and maybe I'm highly biased, but I really enjoy Merill Hoge's assessment of player talent. (Based on his appearance on Pittsburgh Radio Sports Channels), he slammed Cleveland's selection of Quinn (where other analysts praised it). He said Quinn fell so far in the first round, because he "can't" throw the deep ball, and has trouble with nearly every other pass. Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment. In a year where rookie QBs are lighting it up, and given your coach RAC won't ever be considered a genius, you have to really wonder why he really didn't want to start Quinn until Savage trumped his authority.
Seriously, I wouldn't listen to the pundits who say BQ is great. If you get a chance to land a real QB with your top 10 pick, you better get him. Then again don't listen to me, I rather enjoy playing 4 gimme games against you Ohioites every year.
-
Masters,
Breaking the tip of you index finger seems like a minor injury to me, whether or not you are a QB. If I was an established QB, say like Carson Palmer, then okay I'd have the surgery. Trying to secure a starting position like Quinn, they'd have had to have physically restrain me. Maybe it is unplayable, but I'd have made the team state "we are requiring him to get this surgery" or something similar.
Second and maybe I'm highly biased, but I really enjoy Merill Hoge's assessment of player talent. (Based on his appearance on Pittsburgh Radio Sports Channels), he slammed Cleveland's selection of Quinn (where other analysts praised it). He said Quinn fell so far in the first round, because he "can't" throw the deep ball, and has trouble with nearly every other pass. Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment. In a year where rookie QBs are lighting it up, and given your coach RAC won't ever be considered a genius, you have to really wonder why he really didn't want to start Quinn until Savage trumped his authority.
Seriously, I wouldn't listen to the pundits who say BQ is great. If you get a chance to land a real QB with your top 10 pick, you better get him. Then again don't listen to me, I rather enjoy playing 4 gimme games against you Ohioites every year.
Endymion said:
Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment.1) He played ONE NFL GAME. Let's see how next season plays out (at least) before we cast judgment.
2) Merril Hoge is a homer/idiot/sufferer of ten-too-many concussions. Did I mention HOMER?
and 3) welcome to the boards!
-
Masters,
Breaking the tip of you index finger seems like a minor injury to me, whether or not you are a QB. If I was an established QB, say like Carson Palmer, then okay I'd have the surgery. Trying to secure a starting position like Quinn, they'd have had to have physically restrain me. Maybe it is unplayable, but I'd have made the team state "we are requiring him to get this surgery" or something similar.
Second and maybe I'm highly biased, but I really enjoy Merill Hoge's assessment of player talent. (Based on his appearance on Pittsburgh Radio Sports Channels), he slammed Cleveland's selection of Quinn (where other analysts praised it). He said Quinn fell so far in the first round, because he "can't" throw the deep ball, and has trouble with nearly every other pass. Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment. In a year where rookie QBs are lighting it up, and given your coach RAC won't ever be considered a genius, you have to really wonder why he really didn't want to start Quinn until Savage trumped his authority.
Seriously, I wouldn't listen to the pundits who say BQ is great. If you get a chance to land a real QB with your top 10 pick, you better get him. Then again don't listen to me, I rather enjoy playing 4 gimme games against you Ohioites every year.
Endymion said:
Masters,Breaking the tip of you index finger seems like a minor injury to me, whether or not you are a QB. If I was an established QB, say like Carson Palmer, then okay I'd have the surgery. Trying to secure a starting position like Quinn, they'd have had to have physically restrain me. Maybe it is unplayable, but I'd have made the team state "we are requiring him to get this surgery" or something similar.
Second and maybe I'm highly biased, but I really enjoy Merill Hoge's assessment of player talent. (Based on his appearance on Pittsburgh Radio Sports Channels), he slammed Cleveland's selection of Quinn (where other analysts praised it). He said Quinn fell so far in the first round, because he "can't" throw the deep ball, and has trouble with nearly every other pass. Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment. In a year where rookie QBs are lighting it up, and given your coach RAC won't ever be considered a genius, you have to really wonder why he really didn't want to start Quinn until Savage trumped his authority.
Seriously, I wouldn't listen to the pundits who say BQ is great. If you get a chance to land a real QB with your top 10 pick, you better get him. Then again don't listen to me, I rather enjoy playing 4 gimme games against you Ohioites every year.
Merril Hogie is about a big a dumbxxxx as they come...Hes never been right on anything...Hes just another Media big Mouth who knows next to nothing....
-
Masters,
Breaking the tip of you index finger seems like a minor injury to me, whether or not you are a QB. If I was an established QB, say like Carson Palmer, then okay I'd have the surgery. Trying to secure a starting position like Quinn, they'd have had to have physically restrain me. Maybe it is unplayable, but I'd have made the team state "we are requiring him to get this surgery" or something similar.
Second and maybe I'm highly biased, but I really enjoy Merill Hoge's assessment of player talent. (Based on his appearance on Pittsburgh Radio Sports Channels), he slammed Cleveland's selection of Quinn (where other analysts praised it). He said Quinn fell so far in the first round, because he "can't" throw the deep ball, and has trouble with nearly every other pass. Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment. In a year where rookie QBs are lighting it up, and given your coach RAC won't ever be considered a genius, you have to really wonder why he really didn't want to start Quinn until Savage trumped his authority.
Seriously, I wouldn't listen to the pundits who say BQ is great. If you get a chance to land a real QB with your top 10 pick, you better get him. Then again don't listen to me, I rather enjoy playing 4 gimme games against you Ohioites every year.
Endymion said:
Masters,Breaking the tip of you index finger seems like a minor injury to me, whether or not you are a QB. If I was an established QB, say like Carson Palmer, then okay I'd have the surgery. Trying to secure a starting position like Quinn, they'd have had to have physically restrain me. Maybe it is unplayable, but I'd have made the team state "we are requiring him to get this surgery" or something similar.
Second and maybe I'm highly biased, but I really enjoy Merill Hoge's assessment of player talent. (Based on his appearance on Pittsburgh Radio Sports Channels), he slammed Cleveland's selection of Quinn (where other analysts praised it). He said Quinn fell so far in the first round, because he "can't" throw the deep ball, and has trouble with nearly every other pass. Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment. In a year where rookie QBs are lighting it up, and given your coach RAC won't ever be considered a genius, you have to really wonder why he really didn't want to start Quinn until Savage trumped his authority.
Seriously, I wouldn't listen to the pundits who say BQ is great. If you get a chance to land a real QB with your top 10 pick, you better get him. Then again don't listen to me, I rather enjoy playing 4 gimme games against you Ohioites every year.
See, here is where your misinformation kills you.
If it was just a fracture, that is one thing...but the fracture INCLUDED the tendon to the tip of the finger...and therefore the tendon was actually LOOSE and he could not use his finger in gripping the ball. It prevented him from putting any kind of spin on the ball..which then makes the ball die if it is thrown on a line...or tumble if it is thrown with an arc...either way it is NOT an acceptable pass.
Again...your assessment on Quinn is funny. He had ONE GAME in which he did not have the fore-mentioned finger fracture/tendon problem. In that game he had exactly ONE DAY to prepare...and ended up with over a 100 QBR, completed over 65% of his passes, threw 2 TD's and took zero sacks.
Now, AFTER the injury...well, like I said, hard to throw a ball accurately when you can't spin it.
As for Hoge....there is a reason he is no longer on any of the big networks. He is biased and not very good at analysis.
-
Masters,
Breaking the tip of you index finger seems like a minor injury to me, whether or not you are a QB. If I was an established QB, say like Carson Palmer, then okay I'd have the surgery. Trying to secure a starting position like Quinn, they'd have had to have physically restrain me. Maybe it is unplayable, but I'd have made the team state "we are requiring him to get this surgery" or something similar.
Second and maybe I'm highly biased, but I really enjoy Merill Hoge's assessment of player talent. (Based on his appearance on Pittsburgh Radio Sports Channels), he slammed Cleveland's selection of Quinn (where other analysts praised it). He said Quinn fell so far in the first round, because he "can't" throw the deep ball, and has trouble with nearly every other pass. Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment. In a year where rookie QBs are lighting it up, and given your coach RAC won't ever be considered a genius, you have to really wonder why he really didn't want to start Quinn until Savage trumped his authority.
Seriously, I wouldn't listen to the pundits who say BQ is great. If you get a chance to land a real QB with your top 10 pick, you better get him. Then again don't listen to me, I rather enjoy playing 4 gimme games against you Ohioites every year.
Endymion said:
Masters,Breaking the tip of you index finger seems like a minor injury to me, whether or not you are a QB. If I was an established QB, say like Carson Palmer, then okay I'd have the surgery. Trying to secure a starting position like Quinn, they'd have had to have physically restrain me. Maybe it is unplayable, but I'd have made the team state "we are requiring him to get this surgery" or something similar.
Second and maybe I'm highly biased, but I really enjoy Merill Hoge's assessment of player talent. (Based on his appearance on Pittsburgh Radio Sports Channels), he slammed Cleveland's selection of Quinn (where other analysts praised it). He said Quinn fell so far in the first round, because he "can't" throw the deep ball, and has trouble with nearly every other pass. Based on what I've seen of your franchise QB, I have no reason to doubt Hoge's assessment. In a year where rookie QBs are lighting it up, and given your coach RAC won't ever be considered a genius, you have to really wonder why he really didn't want to start Quinn until Savage trumped his authority.
Seriously, I wouldn't listen to the pundits who say BQ is great. If you get a chance to land a real QB with your top 10 pick, you better get him. Then again don't listen to me, I rather enjoy playing 4 gimme games against you Ohioites every year.
It is far more of an issue than it seems. Gripping something w/ a break and a torn tendon (which is what happened after he played w/ the break) isn't easy at all. The team gave both options for him to choose and both required him to miss the rest of the year (from RAC and team doctor). Stories are there to be read.
I like Hodge too. But he did an about face after Quinns first start, both on NFL live and the count down show late Sat nights w/ Jaws and the other guy. RAC never gave Quinn a shot ad favors his vets.
Keep in mind, Quinn almost went #1 but a deal couldn't be worked out with Oak. Quinn may or may not be a franchise QB. Only time will tell.
-
I haven't the faintest clue as to what QBs will be available for the draft, but if a QB with the potential of Flacco or Ryan is available would you seriously pass on him over BQ.
The guy played one game and is out for the season with a finger injury. Even if you are right, and BQ is anywhere near half the quality of Manning, Roethlisberger, and/or Brady, do you really think he has the durability to last a full season? Some guys are glass. I don't think BQ would last a quarter on the Steelers (this year). I'd be surprised if any other QB in the league would've made it 14 games on the Steelers this year. Then again Ben was able to survive an assasination attempt by the patriots in 2006 and still play to an 8-8 season.
As for Hoge, he's tame/politically correct on ESPN. On Pittsburgh Radio he's far more colorful and quite often just rips into players he doesn't like. I don't doubt he is biased, but then I think most analysts are biased. Anyways, I think he is pretty good at analyzing teams/players, and I think overall he's better at it than Jaws. Jaws is better at the politically correct thing and his Eagles bias isn't quite as obvious.
-
I haven't the faintest clue as to what QBs will be available for the draft, but if a QB with the potential of Flacco or Ryan is available would you seriously pass on him over BQ.
The guy played one game and is out for the season with a finger injury. Even if you are right, and BQ is anywhere near half the quality of Manning, Roethlisberger, and/or Brady, do you really think he has the durability to last a full season? Some guys are glass. I don't think BQ would last a quarter on the Steelers (this year). I'd be surprised if any other QB in the league would've made it 14 games on the Steelers this year. Then again Ben was able to survive an assasination attempt by the patriots in 2006 and still play to an 8-8 season.
As for Hoge, he's tame/politically correct on ESPN. On Pittsburgh Radio he's far more colorful and quite often just rips into players he doesn't like. I don't doubt he is biased, but then I think most analysts are biased. Anyways, I think he is pretty good at analyzing teams/players, and I think overall he's better at it than Jaws. Jaws is better at the politically correct thing and his Eagles bias isn't quite as obvious.
Endymion said:
I haven't the faintest clue as to what QBs will be available for the draft, but if a QB with the potential of Flacco or Ryan is available would you seriously pass on him over BQ.That, my new friend is, well, pretty idiotic. Would you pass on a, say, Beanie Wells or Knowshon Moreno if one was available at your pick to replace Rashard Mendenhall*?
*a very fair Brady Quinn comparison. A first round pick whose injury has kept his team from coming even close to being able to properly evaluate him.
You can see this makes very little sense in either case.
-
I haven't the faintest clue as to what QBs will be available for the draft, but if a QB with the potential of Flacco or Ryan is available would you seriously pass on him over BQ.
The guy played one game and is out for the season with a finger injury. Even if you are right, and BQ is anywhere near half the quality of Manning, Roethlisberger, and/or Brady, do you really think he has the durability to last a full season? Some guys are glass. I don't think BQ would last a quarter on the Steelers (this year). I'd be surprised if any other QB in the league would've made it 14 games on the Steelers this year. Then again Ben was able to survive an assasination attempt by the patriots in 2006 and still play to an 8-8 season.
As for Hoge, he's tame/politically correct on ESPN. On Pittsburgh Radio he's far more colorful and quite often just rips into players he doesn't like. I don't doubt he is biased, but then I think most analysts are biased. Anyways, I think he is pretty good at analyzing teams/players, and I think overall he's better at it than Jaws. Jaws is better at the politically correct thing and his Eagles bias isn't quite as obvious.
Endymion said:
I haven't the faintest clue as to what QBs will be available for the draft, but if a QB with the potential of Flacco or Ryan is available would you seriously pass on him over BQ.The guy played one game and is out for the season with a finger injury. Even if you are right, and BQ is anywhere near half the quality of Manning, Roethlisberger, and/or Brady, do you really think he has the durability to last a full season? Some guys are glass. I don't think BQ would last a quarter on the Steelers (this year). I'd be surprised if any other QB in the league would've made it 14 games on the Steelers this year. Then again Ben was able to survive an assasination attempt by the patriots in 2006 and still play to an 8-8 season.
As for Hoge, he's tame/politically correct on ESPN. On Pittsburgh Radio he's far more colorful and quite often just rips into players he doesn't like. I don't doubt he is biased, but then I think most analysts are biased. Anyways, I think he is pretty good at analyzing teams/players, and I think overall he's better at it than Jaws. Jaws is better at the politically correct thing and his Eagles bias isn't quite as obvious.
Freak injury on for Quinn. Finger hit a BUF DL's helmet. He isn't the first QB to have it happen and won't be the last.
I wouldn't be sold on Flacco yet. Ryan yes, but Flacco hasn't truly done much but manage games. BALT is being carried by the D and the running game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login