If you had a QB Draft
-
Zombo said:
I would go with one of the young guys (Bradford, Stafford, McCoy) and build around him. I don't want to win one Super bowl, I want to win seven.Zombo
Really you don't want to draft a QB in his mid 30's that probably has 2 to 4 good years left?
Wow someone actually read the original post.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Im 25 and have probably seen and done more than you ever will Stone. As for football I've watched it and played it since I was a kid and volunteer coaching high school ball in my off time when I'm not deployed.Yeah, I know nothing about football.
And yet you are ranking a proven veteran with multiple superbowls below a rookie that isn't even guaranteed the starting gig on his team? Frankly, the Steeler honks can come off as absurd with some of their claims but you are making them look completely sane by comparison.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Im 25 and have probably seen and done more than you ever will Stone. As for football I've watched it and played it since I was a kid and volunteer coaching high school ball in my off time when I'm not deployed.Yeah, I know nothing about football.
And yet you are ranking a proven veteran with multiple superbowls below a rookie that isn't even guaranteed the starting gig on his team? Frankly, the Steeler honks can come off as absurd with some of their claims but you are making them look completely sane by comparison.
And yet you are ranking a proven veteran with multiple superbowls over a rookie that isn't even guaranteed the starting gig on his team? Frankly, the Steeler honks can come off as absurd with some of their claims but you are making them look completely sane by comparison.
I think you meant "below" not over, right?
Yes, it would be absurd to rank McCoy over BR as a QB in this league. Maybe he simply means he likes McCoy's potential future over BRs. That might be arguable, but certainly not his current ranking.
-
And yet you are ranking a proven veteran with multiple superbowls over a rookie that isn't even guaranteed the starting gig on his team? Frankly, the Steeler honks can come off as absurd with some of their claims but you are making them look completely sane by comparison.
I think you meant "below" not over, right?
Yes, it would be absurd to rank McCoy over BR as a QB in this league. Maybe he simply means he likes McCoy's potential future over BRs. That might be arguable, but certainly not his current ranking.
I think you meant "below" not over, right?
Yes, it would be absurd to rank McCoy over BR as a QB in this league. Maybe he simply means he likes McCoy's potential future over BRs. That might be arguable, but certainly not his current ranking
.Fixed, thanks.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Whoever said anything about ranking the 15 best QB's? The topic of the post was, as is, if there was to be a fantasy draft today who would you pick in your top 15 QB's. I would not nor have I ever picked BR. I do pretty well in fantasy football I think I'll stick to my own methods and stay away from QB's that find 4 game suspensions "routine".Plus I don't like the guy.
Plus it pisses off Homo and Stone to no end which is really why I changed it to begin with. I agree with you on Sanchez, I don't have any idea why I put him on there.
That's my preference and that's the point of the post.
Who made you an expert of my opinion? Oh right, you're just some disgruntled xxxxhead with nothing better to do. Got it.
There is no mention of fantasy football in the OP, FWIW.
FTR, I enjoy discussing these type of rankings until people show up and take a huge dump in the thread with the sole purpose of ruffling feathers with no intent of adding anything of any value to the subject. It just gets old seeing the majority of threads here degnegrate into a pissing match between juvenile homers who do nothing but throw out hyperbole that they can't possibly believe.
-
OK, please help me settle a bet w/ my friend.
Let's say there was a QB draft and you're the GM of the Browns. On your big board, who would be your top 15 QB's?
OK, please help me settle a bet w/ my friend.
Let's say there was a QB draft and you're the GM of the Browns. On your big board, who would be your top 15 QB's?
Did you settle the bet? What was it?
Who's in your top 15?
-
Brady
P Manning
Brees
Rivers
Rothlisberger
Rodgers
Schaub
Ryan
Romo
Cutler
Vick
Flacco
E Manning
Cassell
Sanchez
-
mikeyP72 said:
My original post I believe. I changed it because he was bitching about people underrating BR. If you don't like it, don't read my post. By the way, are you a Steelers fan?Browns' fan all of my life. But I am also a fan of the NFL in general and really don't despise any team.
-
Brady
P Manning
Brees
Rivers
Rothlisberger
Rodgers
Schaub
Ryan
Romo
Cutler
Vick
Flacco
E Manning
Cassell
Sanchez
Brady
P Manning
Brees
Rivers
Rothlisberger
Rodgers
Schaub
Ryan
Romo
Cutler
Vick
Flacco
E Manning
Cassell
Sanchez
Cutler on top of Vick?
-
Brady
P Manning
Brees
Rivers
Rothlisberger
Rodgers
Schaub
Ryan
Romo
Cutler
Vick
Flacco
E Manning
Cassell
Sanchez
Cutler on top of Vick?
Colt12 said:
Cutler on top of Vick?That is a good question. To me, those two along with Schaub are wild cards.
Cutler has showed the ability to be top 5 then he goes brain dead and just chucks to the opposite jersey.
Vick could arguably be #1 with the way he has looked in his brief return but I still remember his inaccuracy as an Atlanta Falcon.
Schaub certainly has the numbers but hasn't been a proven winner and may just benefit from his offensive system and having the best WR in football to throw to.
-
Colt12 said:
Cutler on top of Vick?That is a good question. To me, those two along with Schaub are wild cards.
Cutler has showed the ability to be top 5 then he goes brain dead and just chucks to the opposite jersey.
Vick could arguably be #1 with the way he has looked in his brief return but I still remember his inaccuracy as an Atlanta Falcon.
Schaub certainly has the numbers but hasn't been a proven winner and may just benefit from his offensive system and having the best WR in football to throw to.
That is a good question. To me, those two along with Schaub are wild cards.
Cutler has showed the ability to be top 5 then he goes brain dead and just chucks to the opposite jersey.
Vick could arguably be #1 with the way he has looked in his brief return but I still remember his inacurracy as an Atlanta Falcon.
Schaub certainly has the numbers but hasn't been a proven winner and may just benefit from his offensive system and having the best WR in football to throw to.
I agree, but I do not and will not ever trust Cutler. Some days he will strap up and throw 4 TDs for 350 yards, but sometimes he will throw 150 yards and 3 INTs. Vick has been very successful in his return, but his decision-making is questionable. Did you see the ball he threw to Brent Celek against Chicago? Yes, Celek caught the ball, but he was in quadruple coverage and the ball should not have been thrown.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Im 25 and have probably seen and done more than you ever will Stone. As for football I've watched it and played it since I was a kid and volunteer coaching high school ball in my off time when I'm not deployed.Yeah, I know nothing about football.
Mikey at 25 to make such a statement just proves you are just a kid
-
Top 4 are basically interchangeable for me; Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers. (alphabetical there). After that it gets alot tougher for me to decide. Rivers and Roethlisberger are both great. Vick is showing us brilliance right now. Ryan looks like the real deal, he would be the young QB to start a franchise with.
-
Here is my list, perhaps with a little more flair. Let's make a trivia question out of it. Simply say who these nicknames apply to:
1. Lord Gaga aka Mr. Bundchen
2. Aw Shucks, version 1.0
3. Windy
4. Vapo Rub
5. Up a Creek
6. The Rhino
7. Hammerin'Singin' Cowboy
8. He's Coming
9. The Angry Sheep Dog
10. Pancho
11. The Hang Dog
12. The NFL version of the Stepford Wives
13. The Unibrow
14. The Investment Broker
15. Formerly a Slave, now a ____________
16. The Rook
17. Rhymes with Homo
18. Not _ramden, N_____
Answer key later
Here is my list, perhaps with a little more flair. Let's make a trivia question out of it. Simply say who these nicknames apply to:
Answers:
1. Lord Gaga aka Mr. Bundchen...Tom Brady
2. Aw Shucks, version 1.0... Payton Manning
3. Windy...Drew Brees
4. Vapo Rub...Mike Vick
5. Up a Creek...Philip Rivers
6. The Rhino...Matt Ryan
7. Hammerin'Singin' Cowboy...Aaron Rodgers
8. He's Coming...Eli Manning (he was going to be Aw Shuck version 2.0, but I changed it)
9. The Angry Sheep Dog... Ben Roethlisberger (a literal translation of his name)
10. Pancho...Mark Sanchez
11. The Hang Dog...Jay Cutler (because of his constant facial expression)
12. The NFL version of the Stepford Wives....Bradford
13. The Unibrow...Joe Flacco
14. The Investment Broker...Matt Charles Schaub
15. Formerly a Slave, now a ____________ Freeman
16. The Rook Cassell
17. Rhymes with Homo Tony Romo
18. Not _ramden, N_____ Kyle Orton
Answer key later
-
mikeyP72 said:
Again you come to a Browns forum and expect us to rate your rapist QB higher because you think he should be? I would never form my franchise around that D-Bag. The only reason I included him is because he's won superbowls and is a top 15 QB. He's just not top 5, sorry. Colt McCoy will be better eventually, so please change my original list to have Colt McCoy at #15, remove the rapist and move everyone else up a slot. Thank you.Don't like it, leave... STOP POSTING HERE. It's really that simple. Being from Pittsburgh or at least admiring that town, I guess I can't totally blame you for being to dumb to figure this out.
lol. I gave my two cents. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Just like everyone is entitled to one. Do you really think I give a sh.it about what anyone thinks on this message board? Sure some opinions and points are valid but when it all boils down I hit this board every once in a while for division news and to read the blind hate. Take Ben off the Steelers and he's way up most people lists and that's a fact. You have some of your own already rating him where he deserves to be ranked. The others are just playing the "I"m a browns fan and I hate the Steelers card" rather than taking the thread at face value and answering the question honestly. Oh and LMAO at Sanchez/Stafford/McCoy being used in the "I don't want to win one, I want to win 7" category. Good one Zombo. I nearly spit out my drink.
-
Not a one of those is funny. Way to go Gip.
-
Homotron said:
Not a one of those is funny. Way to go Gip.Mostly puns. Not necessarily trying to be funny. Try your own hand, see if you can do better.
The Unibrow though, for Flacco. Come on, even you have to admit that is funny.
-
mikeyP72 said:
Again you come to a Browns forum and expect us to rate your rapist QB higher because you think he should be? I would never form my franchise around that D-Bag. The only reason I included him is because he's won superbowls and is a top 15 QB. He's just not top 5, sorry. Colt McCoy will be better eventually, so please change my original list to have Colt McCoy at #15, remove the rapist and move everyone else up a slot. Thank you.Don't like it, leave... STOP POSTING HERE. It's really that simple. Being from Pittsburgh or at least admiring that town, I guess I can't totally blame you for being to dumb to figure this out.
lol. I gave my two cents. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Just like everyone is entitled to one. Do you really think I give a sh.it about what anyone thinks on this message board? Sure some opinions and points are valid but when it all boils down I hit this board every once in a while for division news and to read the blind hate. Take Ben off the Steelers and he's way up most people lists and that's a fact. You have some of your own already rating him where he deserves to be ranked. The others are just playing the "I"m a browns fan and I hate the Steelers card" rather than taking the thread at face value and answering the question honestly. Oh and LMAO at Sanchez/Stafford/McCoy being used in the "I don't want to win one, I want to win 7" category. Good one Zombo. I nearly spit out my drink.
Homotron said:
lol. I gave my two cents. Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one. Just like everyone is entitled to one. Do you really think I give a sh.it about what anyone thinks on this message board? Sure some opinions and points are valid but when it all boils down I hit this board every once in a while for division news and to read the blind hate. Take Ben off the Steelers and he's way up most people lists and that's a fact. You have some of your own already rating him where he deserves to be ranked. The others are just playing the "I"m a browns fan and I hate the Steelers card" rather than taking the thread at face value and answering the question honestly. Oh and LMAO at Sanchez/Stafford/McCoy being used in the "I don't want to win one, I want to win 7" category. Good one Zombo. I nearly spit out my drink.ben isnt a top QB
his super bowls had nothing to do with him.....in fact....his first super bowl was the worst performance by any starting QB in a super bowl in NFL history.....congrats
the steelers won without big ben which proves he isnt all that......he manages games like a rookie and tries hard not to lose them. you saw what happened when they tried to win with him as the focal point last season.....you guys missed the playoffs
the only thing that stands out about ben is his ability to escape the rush which is only an issue because hes too dumb to make quick reads and get the ball out before his line chokes and lets guys through
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
