Jon Gruden is NOT THE Answere
-
Jon Gruden did not do well in Oakland and he had one great season in Tampa a year to remember in a team he inherited from Tony Dungy. Dungy's problem was he was too conservative and never concentrated on offense and had a lousy QB. Gruden in the miracle year milked one more great performance out of a serviceable QB backed by a great defense.
Great defenses are few and far between.
Franchise QB's are not nearly as rare and have staying power.
I DO NOT EVER WANT TO SEE JON GRUDEN ON THE SIDELINES FOR THE BROWNS..............
he is more smoke than substance
What I do want to see is a coach who understands how to scheme on defense and is offensive minded. I like to believe that Holmgren thinks that way too.
Heckert is proving to a good GM and Holmgren a good President
I like Mangini but get bewildered by the ultra conservatism on offense and the need to play a washed up Jake.
I do not want Mangini fired especially to replace him with the likes of Gruden which would be a move backward
But if Holmgren sees the next genius that actually is focusing on scoring instead being close............I am all for a new coach
But he better have a record of building offensive powerhouses and stellar defense
Gruden does NOT fit that bill
The Browns have come a long way from the total garbage that Sewage left pardon the pun.
My track record says my judgement has been way good over the years.
We may have a real QB for the first time since Bernie..............now let's get him some weapons and a coach who thinks offense
If Mangini stays he better show that next year or else we need a change
and if Holmgren makes the change now hope that is not Gruden........because that is going backward
Like I said a thousand times to get criticized as opposed to popular opinion Offense Wins championships and we need a coach that focuses on Offense........I think Holmgren thinks that way too......if Mangini cannot adjust time to move on but NOT to Gruden
Jon Gruden did not do well in Oakland and he had one great season in Tampa a year to remember in a team he inherited from Tony Dungy. Dungy's problem was he was too conservative and never concentrated on offense and had a lousy QB. Gruden in the miracle year milked one more great performance out of a serviceable QB backed by a great defense.
Great defenses are few and far between.
Franchise QB's are not nearly as rare and have staying power.
I DO NOT EVER WANT TO SEE JON GRUDEN ON THE SIDELINES FOR THE BROWNS..............
he is more smoke than substance
What I do want to see is a coach who understands how to scheme on defense and is offensive minded. I like to believe that Holmgren thinks that way too.
Heckert is proving to a good GM and Holmgren a good President
I like Mangini but get bewildered by the ultra conservatism on offense and the need to play a washed up Jake.
I do not want Mangini fired especially to replace him with the likes of Gruden which would be a move backward
But if Holmgren sees the next genius that actually is focusing on scoring instead being close............I am all for a new coach
But he better have a record of building offensive powerhouses and stellar defense
Gruden does NOT fit that bill
The Browns have come a long way from the total garbage that Sewage left pardon the pun.
My track record says my judgement has been way good over the years.
We may have a real QB for the first time since Bernie..............now let's get him some weapons and a coach who thinks offense
If Mangini stays he better show that next year or else we need a change
and if Holmgren makes the change now hope that is not Gruden........because that is going backward
Like I said a thousand times to get criticized as opposed to popular opinion Offense Wins championships and we need a coach that focuses on Offense........I think Holmgren thinks that way too......if Mangini cannot adjust time to move on but NOT to Gruden
You know, I bust your chops a lot Rich. But I have to say I agree with what you have to say here.
-
oh but Gruden is the answer! How could you say that he didn't do well in Oakland? If it wasn't for the tuck rule the Raiders would have Beaten the Patriots and played in the Super Bowl. Then he took over a Tampa Bay team and won a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson as his quaterback. Maybe some of you guys are satisfied with winning 5 games a season, but Me and Mike Holmgren aren't! Or maybe you really are Mangini's son but either way Mangini will be gone and yes Gruden is the answer! He has been a much better head coach then Mangina and he will lead the Browns to the Super Bowl!
In Gruden We Trust!
oh but Gruden is the answer! How could you say that he didn't do well in Oakland? If it wasn't for the tuck rule the Raiders would have Beaten the Patriots and played in the Super Bowl. Then he took over a Tampa Bay team and won a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson as his quaterback. Maybe some of you guys are satisfied with winning 5 games a season, but Me and Mike Holmgren aren't! Or maybe you really are Mangini's son but either way Mangini will be gone and yes Gruden is the answer! He has been a much better head coach then Mangina and he will lead the Browns to the Super Bowl!
In Gruden We Trust!
so now you are tight with Holmgren

Also, Here is an article I found on Warren Sapp's take on Dungy vs. Gruden: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bu...ticle643685.ece
*Specifically look at "So who deserves the most credit for winning the Super Bowl? Dungy or Gruden?"
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login