Skip to content

Bye Bye Mangini

Locked The Browns Board
583 96 35.7k
  • Mangini was so desperate during the game he took over the play calling on d for rob ryan..

    @wrrebel said:

    Mangini was so desperate during the game he took over the play calling on d for rob ryan..

    With these back to back performances against teams with only 4 combined wins, it's inexcusable to lose in those ways. I was pro Mangini staying but now I"m ambivalent, hard to argue about progress when you can't beat teams you're supposed to

    .

  • @wrrebel said:

    Mangini was so desperate during the game he took over the play calling on d for rob ryan..

    With these back to back performances against teams with only 4 combined wins, it's inexcusable to lose in those ways. I was pro Mangini staying but now I"m ambivalent, hard to argue about progress when you can't beat teams you're supposed to

    .

    @mddawg said:

    hard to argue about progress when you can't beat teams you're supposed to.

    agreed. Do the Browns get really jacked up before playing good teams and then relax before playing sub .500 teams? That seems like the case.

  • How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?

    Ill eat mine if it does.

    Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.

  • I was hoping Eric would do a good job but after watching this crap I think he needs to go. That game was a waste of time to watch

  • How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?

    Ill eat mine if it does.

    Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.

    @steel88 said:

    Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.

    Where else would Daboll get a job? I can't imagine many teams that would be waiting in line to hire him. Daboll won't leave because he can't get a job anywhere else.

  • How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?

    Ill eat mine if it does.

    Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.

    @steel88 said:

    How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?

    Ill eat mine if it does.

    Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.

    Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..

    Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..

    It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..

  • @steel88 said:

    How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?

    Ill eat mine if it does.

    Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.

    Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..

    Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..

    It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..

    @wrrebel said:

    Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..

    Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..

    It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..

    Don't roast me on this, but I believe Lovie Smith's contract is up in the Windy City. I wouldn't mind seeing him in brown and orange. He has done good things in Chicago and is a special teams extraordinaire.

  • Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

    New 2011 Coaching Staff:

    Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

    Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

    Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

    YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

    The end.

    *If Eric Mangini wins the last two games, he remains Head Coach.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

    New 2011 Coaching Staff:

    Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

    Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

    Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

    YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

    The end.

    Mangini will be gone and someone besides Holmgren will the coach and HE WILL BE OFFENSIVE MINDED................book it

  • for those who don't want gruden, let the nightmares begin!

    Monday-Night-football-espn-Gruden.jpg

  • for those who don't want gruden, let the nightmares begin!

    Monday-Night-football-espn-Gruden.jpg

    @wrrebel said:

    for those who don't want gruden, let the nightmares begin!

    Monday-Night-football-espn-Gruden.jpg

    lol look at Jaws, he looks like a f**ktard.

  • haha jaws kind of looks like the grinch

  • @steel88 said:

    How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?

    Ill eat mine if it does.

    Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.

    Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..

    Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..

    It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..

    @wrrebel said:

    Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..

    Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..

    It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..

    I don't know where you'd go, but I have seen more then a few folks just up and disappear when they were proven wrong before. You may not, but Im guessing a few of them that just showed up will.

  • Wouldn't mind having John Fox.

  • I really would hate to lose Mangini and I am not sure he's to blame. I am not a football guru but..... what does he have to work with? I heard somethihng in the commentary today about how the Browns seem to play to the level of the opponents. I have to agree with it. We play well and beat good teams and we play like crap against crap teams. Either way we haven't gotten blown out in past years and although today was a loss, it was by two points.

  • Cleveland Browns: Making Winning Coaches Have Losing Records Since 1999.

  • Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

    New 2011 Coaching Staff:

    Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

    Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

    Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

    YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

    The end.

    *If Eric Mangini wins the last two games, he remains Head Coach.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.

    New 2011 Coaching Staff:

    Head Coach: Mike Holmgren

    Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell

    Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan

    YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.

    The end.

    i'll be your huckleberry. didn't see the game (watchung giants.philly) but you should've expected a good game outta cincy........"on any given siundaY. i'm sure they played their top ball of all season to beat us.

    @wrrebel said:

    Its funny, but let's save this post cause ur way off.

    Gruden will be the browns next coach....

    wrongo! dude if he's the browns's next coack ill buy you a six-pack, unfortunately i doubt they let it into the rehab you're in......you know the one for the young, serial killer pedophiles.

  • I just heard that mangini will be fired with in a couple days followinh the steeler game.

    Thank frealin god!

    @wrrebel said:

    I just heard that mangini will be fired with in a couple days followinh the steeler game.

    who did you hear that from.......the "powdered toast man"?

  • @nickers said:

    Agreed Mangini blew it before the end of the half not using his Time Outs'...poor coaching,...the Defense was in a coma...they stunk

    you are just repeating what the commentators said and using that as proof that Mangini made a poor decision. If we use a Timeout there, we punt the ball to Cincinnati with time left for them to come down and score.. Our defense couldn't stop anything today. No sense in making the halftime deficit worse.

    Bottom line is the injuries and lack of playmakers are catching up to us.. Can't wait to add more playmakers in the draft!

    If you look at the bright side, we have a much better draft pick now.. Only Carolina, Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona have worse records than us...

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    you are just repeating what the commentators said and using that as proof that Mangini made a poor decision. If we use a Timeout there, we punt the ball to Cincinnati with time left for them to come down and score.. Our defense couldn't stop anything today. No sense in making the halftime deficit worse.

    Bottom line is the injuries and lack of playmakers are catching up to us.. Can't wait to add more playmakers in the draft!

    If you look at the bright side, we have a much better draft pick now.. Only Carolina, Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona have worse records than us...

    Well thats like telling your defense "oh btw you suck so were not letting them get another chance to get the ball"...That right there had to deflate the whole psyche of the defense...sorry...you play to win...not lose...It was caca coaching playing close to the vest.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    you are just repeating what the commentators said and using that as proof that Mangini made a poor decision. If we use a Timeout there, we punt the ball to Cincinnati with time left for them to come down and score.. Our defense couldn't stop anything today. No sense in making the halftime deficit worse.

    Bottom line is the injuries and lack of playmakers are catching up to us.. Can't wait to add more playmakers in the draft!

    If you look at the bright side, we have a much better draft pick now.. Only Carolina, Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona have worse records than us...

    Well thats like telling your defense "oh btw you suck so were not letting them get another chance to get the ball"...That right there had to deflate the whole psyche of the defense...sorry...you play to win...not lose...It was caca coaching playing close to the vest.

    @nickers said:

    Well thats like telling your defense "oh btw you suck so were not letting them get another chance to get the ball"...That right there had to deflate the whole psyche of the defense...sorry...you play to win...not lose...It was caca coaching playing close to the vest.

    i agree nicks but what other option do we really have? we have lousy receivers a weak right side of the line which makes our offense one dimensional...ala....give the ball to hillis or throw to watson. other than that what is there?

    draft next year is KEY!!!!!

  • Okay...this is the way I see it: Immediately after the Buffalo game, Holmgren met with Mangini, and told him that there was no chance that he would be coming back next season...probably in a heated discussion, and not planned. Mangini, knowing that Holmgren did not want McCoy to play at all the rest of the season, decided a little retribution was in order. He announced early in the week that Colt would be the starting qb for the rest of the season...very out of character for head coaches in general, but especially Mangini. Holmgren wouldn't over ride this, once it was out there, because he has said in the past that Mangini makes those decisions. Of course the news of the imminent coaching change reached the players. That explains the poor play of the team...especially the defense. This is the way I see it. Maybe I'm way off, but it's kind of obvious that something is going on. Keep in mind... I am still a Mangini supporter and wish that he would return as HC for next season. If that slim chance would take place, I would also hope that his OC nd DC would be fired and then shot, but tortured first. When Mangini is fired, I won't be happy, but maybe I'm just an idiot fan who thinks that changing coaches every other season could be the wrong way to produce a winning team.