Bye Bye Mangini
-
How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?
Ill eat mine if it does.
Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.
How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?
Ill eat mine if it does.
Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.
Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..
Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..
It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..
-
How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?
Ill eat mine if it does.
Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.
Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..
Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..
It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..
Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..
Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..
It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..
Don't roast me on this, but I believe Lovie Smith's contract is up in the Windy City. I wouldn't mind seeing him in brown and orange. He has done good things in Chicago and is a special teams extraordinaire.
-
Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.
New 2011 Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Mike Holmgren
Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell
Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan
YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.
The end.
*If Eric Mangini wins the last two games, he remains Head Coach.
Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.
New 2011 Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Mike Holmgren
Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell
Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan
YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.
The end.
Mangini will be gone and someone besides Holmgren will the coach and HE WILL BE OFFENSIVE MINDED................book it
-
-
How much crow are you going to eat when none of this happens?
Ill eat mine if it does.
Im wondering how many of these guys will stick around period if he isnt fired.
Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..
Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..
It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..
Where we gonna go? If it doesn't happen I will be shocked..
Its on all of us if he stays. But it would at least give u guys a chance to see what a tool he is..
It doesn't matter though cause he will be gone after the pitt game..
I don't know where you'd go, but I have seen more then a few folks just up and disappear when they were proven wrong before. You may not, but Im guessing a few of them that just showed up will.
-
Wouldn't mind having John Fox.
-
I really would hate to lose Mangini and I am not sure he's to blame. I am not a football guru but..... what does he have to work with? I heard somethihng in the commentary today about how the Browns seem to play to the level of the opponents. I have to agree with it. We play well and beat good teams and we play like crap against crap teams. Either way we haven't gotten blown out in past years and although today was a loss, it was by two points.
-
Cleveland Browns: Making Winning Coaches Have Losing Records Since 1999.
-
Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.
New 2011 Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Mike Holmgren
Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell
Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan
YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.
The end.
*If Eric Mangini wins the last two games, he remains Head Coach.
Magnini say goodbye. There is absolutely Holmgren will let him stay. Mike Holmgren will be the next Clevelands Browns HC. Save this thread, you will need it for me to say I told you so.
New 2011 Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Mike Holmgren
Offensive Coordinator: Gil Haskell
Defensive Coordinator: Rob Ryan
YOU ARE A FOOL TO THINK ANYONE ELSE WILL BE THE NEXT HEAD COACH BESIDES MIKE HOLMGREN.
The end.
i'll be your huckleberry. didn't see the game (watchung giants.philly) but you should've expected a good game outta cincy........"on any given siundaY. i'm sure they played their top ball of all season to beat us.
Its funny, but let's save this post cause ur way off.
Gruden will be the browns next coach....
wrongo! dude if he's the browns's next coack ill buy you a six-pack, unfortunately i doubt they let it into the rehab you're in......you know the one for the young, serial killer pedophiles.
-
I just heard that mangini will be fired with in a couple days followinh the steeler game.
Thank frealin god!
-
Agreed Mangini blew it before the end of the half not using his Time Outs'...poor coaching,...the Defense was in a coma...they stunk
you are just repeating what the commentators said and using that as proof that Mangini made a poor decision. If we use a Timeout there, we punt the ball to Cincinnati with time left for them to come down and score.. Our defense couldn't stop anything today. No sense in making the halftime deficit worse.
Bottom line is the injuries and lack of playmakers are catching up to us.. Can't wait to add more playmakers in the draft!
If you look at the bright side, we have a much better draft pick now.. Only Carolina, Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona have worse records than us...
you are just repeating what the commentators said and using that as proof that Mangini made a poor decision. If we use a Timeout there, we punt the ball to Cincinnati with time left for them to come down and score.. Our defense couldn't stop anything today. No sense in making the halftime deficit worse.
Bottom line is the injuries and lack of playmakers are catching up to us.. Can't wait to add more playmakers in the draft!
If you look at the bright side, we have a much better draft pick now.. Only Carolina, Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona have worse records than us...
Well thats like telling your defense "oh btw you suck so were not letting them get another chance to get the ball"...That right there had to deflate the whole psyche of the defense...sorry...you play to win...not lose...It was caca coaching playing close to the vest.
-
you are just repeating what the commentators said and using that as proof that Mangini made a poor decision. If we use a Timeout there, we punt the ball to Cincinnati with time left for them to come down and score.. Our defense couldn't stop anything today. No sense in making the halftime deficit worse.
Bottom line is the injuries and lack of playmakers are catching up to us.. Can't wait to add more playmakers in the draft!
If you look at the bright side, we have a much better draft pick now.. Only Carolina, Buffalo, Detroit, and Arizona have worse records than us...
Well thats like telling your defense "oh btw you suck so were not letting them get another chance to get the ball"...That right there had to deflate the whole psyche of the defense...sorry...you play to win...not lose...It was caca coaching playing close to the vest.
Well thats like telling your defense "oh btw you suck so were not letting them get another chance to get the ball"...That right there had to deflate the whole psyche of the defense...sorry...you play to win...not lose...It was caca coaching playing close to the vest.
i agree nicks but what other option do we really have? we have lousy receivers a weak right side of the line which makes our offense one dimensional...ala....give the ball to hillis or throw to watson. other than that what is there?
draft next year is KEY!!!!!
-
Okay...this is the way I see it: Immediately after the Buffalo game, Holmgren met with Mangini, and told him that there was no chance that he would be coming back next season...probably in a heated discussion, and not planned. Mangini, knowing that Holmgren did not want McCoy to play at all the rest of the season, decided a little retribution was in order. He announced early in the week that Colt would be the starting qb for the rest of the season...very out of character for head coaches in general, but especially Mangini. Holmgren wouldn't over ride this, once it was out there, because he has said in the past that Mangini makes those decisions. Of course the news of the imminent coaching change reached the players. That explains the poor play of the team...especially the defense. This is the way I see it. Maybe I'm way off, but it's kind of obvious that something is going on. Keep in mind... I am still a Mangini supporter and wish that he would return as HC for next season. If that slim chance would take place, I would also hope that his OC nd DC would be fired and then shot, but tortured first. When Mangini is fired, I won't be happy, but maybe I'm just an idiot fan who thinks that changing coaches every other season could be the wrong way to produce a winning team.
-
Well if you think that changing coaches is the wrong way to go why are you buying and playing into the speculation? Just let it go.
-
Well if you think that changing coaches is the wrong way to go why are you buying and playing into the speculation? Just let it go.
Well if you think that changing coaches is the wrong way to go why are you buying and playing into the speculation? Just let it go.
I would say...it is a lot more than just speculation at this point. Too many signs to ignore. Just because I don't agree with it, doesn't mean it isn't going to happen....or that it is wrong, for that matter.
-
I think Holmgren is aware of the coaching circus that this team has been through. I know he is aware of the quarterback circus we have also had going on. I think they took a chance on McCoy to be honest. They took a chance not many were willing to take early on. Has proved that the game of chance is rewarding? So far, yes. For the short term, what we have seen, yes, he is the best thing we have to an on field leader.
However, will the growing pains be kept to a minimum?
I think the same goes with the coaching. Any head coach can come in and change whatever they want. But eventually you simply have to stick with someone. I don't think Mike hates Mangini at all. I know Mike is itching to coach again because he did it for a long time. I don't think that itch will EVER go away. Look at Brett Favre as a huge example. A lot of good athletes and good coaches have a very tough time figuring out when they should exit the game. The game becomes too much and becomes an all encompassing figure emotionally, mentally and physically. So, yes, Mike wants to coach.
However, his contract is the president of the organization. He signed on to turn things around. Mike doesn't seem like the type of guy to back down from a challenge. It's simply not him. The drafting process has been a lot better this year than we've seen in a while. Not better in the sense of breakout amazing players in everyone we've drafted but there has been a consistency there. Even if it's not apparent, take a hard look at the facts, figures and some of the stats. There IS a consistency there. There is a consistency with the team OVERALL. Just because we're not winning games like we did early on (patriots, saints) doesn't mean we aren't consistent in a lot of areas.
We have all witnessed the changes and the positive things. But we are so collectively used to seeing the negative and that is an instant frustration. That frustration outweighs the fact that us as fans and critics alike are witnessing something positive and we don't want to believe in it. We're afraid to believe in it.
Mangini will stay. I think our OC will likely be let go but it's not all on the coaches. Our players have to execute and they have to read schemes well. Where there is consistency there will always be another inconsistency. Another negative that shines through like a red dot on a piece of white paper. But you work around that. We are a better team.
I don't think Mike wants that circus. He's not about the circus. Mike himself took a chance on Delhomme. He thought he had more gas in the tank and just had a bad year. Well, so far, that hasn't bee correct. But for every error the new regime has made, there have been 10 positives.
-
I think Holmgren is aware of the coaching circus that this team has been through. I know he is aware of the quarterback circus we have also had going on. I think they took a chance on McCoy to be honest. They took a chance not many were willing to take early on. Has proved that the game of chance is rewarding? So far, yes. For the short term, what we have seen, yes, he is the best thing we have to an on field leader.
However, will the growing pains be kept to a minimum?
I think the same goes with the coaching. Any head coach can come in and change whatever they want. But eventually you simply have to stick with someone. I don't think Mike hates Mangini at all. I know Mike is itching to coach again because he did it for a long time. I don't think that itch will EVER go away. Look at Brett Favre as a huge example. A lot of good athletes and good coaches have a very tough time figuring out when they should exit the game. The game becomes too much and becomes an all encompassing figure emotionally, mentally and physically. So, yes, Mike wants to coach.
However, his contract is the president of the organization. He signed on to turn things around. Mike doesn't seem like the type of guy to back down from a challenge. It's simply not him. The drafting process has been a lot better this year than we've seen in a while. Not better in the sense of breakout amazing players in everyone we've drafted but there has been a consistency there. Even if it's not apparent, take a hard look at the facts, figures and some of the stats. There IS a consistency there. There is a consistency with the team OVERALL. Just because we're not winning games like we did early on (patriots, saints) doesn't mean we aren't consistent in a lot of areas.
We have all witnessed the changes and the positive things. But we are so collectively used to seeing the negative and that is an instant frustration. That frustration outweighs the fact that us as fans and critics alike are witnessing something positive and we don't want to believe in it. We're afraid to believe in it.
Mangini will stay. I think our OC will likely be let go but it's not all on the coaches. Our players have to execute and they have to read schemes well. Where there is consistency there will always be another inconsistency. Another negative that shines through like a red dot on a piece of white paper. But you work around that. We are a better team.
I don't think Mike wants that circus. He's not about the circus. Mike himself took a chance on Delhomme. He thought he had more gas in the tank and just had a bad year. Well, so far, that hasn't bee correct. But for every error the new regime has made, there have been 10 positives.
I think Holmgren is aware of the coaching circus that this team has been through. I know he is aware of the quarterback circus we have also had going on. I think they took a chance on McCoy to be honest. They took a chance not many were willing to take early on. Has proved that the game of chance is rewarding? So far, yes. For the short term, what we have seen, yes, he is the best thing we have to an on field leader.
However, will the growing pains be kept to a minimum?
I think the same goes with the coaching. Any head coach can come in and change whatever they want. But eventually you simply have to stick with someone. I don't think Mike hates Mangini at all. I know Mike is itching to coach again because he did it for a long time. I don't think that itch will EVER go away. Look at Brett Favre as a huge example. A lot of good athletes and good coaches have a very tough time figuring out when they should exit the game. The game becomes too much and becomes an all encompassing figure emotionally, mentally and physically. So, yes, Mike wants to coach.
However, his contract is the president of the organization. He signed on to turn things around. Mike doesn't seem like the type of guy to back down from a challenge. It's simply not him. The drafting process has been a lot better this year than we've seen in a while. Not better in the sense of breakout amazing players in everyone we've drafted but there has been a consistency there. Even if it's not apparent, take a hard look at the facts, figures and some of the stats. There IS a consistency there. There is a consistency with the team OVERALL. Just because we're not winning games like we did early on (patriots, saints) doesn't mean we aren't consistent in a lot of areas.
We have all witnessed the changes and the positive things. But we are so collectively used to seeing the negative and that is an instant frustration. That frustration outweighs the fact that us as fans and critics alike are witnessing something positive and we don't want to believe in it. We're afraid to believe in it.
Mangini will stay. I think our OC will likely be let go but it's not all on the coaches. Our players have to execute and they have to read schemes well. Where there is consistency there will always be another inconsistency. Another negative that shines through like a red dot on a piece of white paper. But you work around that. We are a better team.
I don't think Mike wants that circus. He's not about the circus. Mike himself took a chance on Delhomme. He thought he had more gas in the tank and just had a bad year. Well, so far, that hasn't bee correct. But for every error the new regime has made, there have been 10 positives.
I agree with everything you said, here...excellent post. I hope you are right. I just don't know enough about Holmgren to have the confidence that he will keep Mangini. The last thing I want to hear again, is...."5 year plan"...or "rebuilding season". We don't need Gruden....we need to keep the consistency that you mentioned. It worries me that I didn't see any evidence of that yesterday.
-
Let me start by saying this isnt to bash mangini but to ask some basic questions..
So I am sure everyone has read that Colt Mccoy and Hillis were quoted as saying we lacked motivation the last two weeks.
Everyone keeps on saying we play hard under mangini, if that is the case then why the last two weeks?
Also people keep on saying we lack talent, which i would agree with to an extent. We lack WR's and a passrush there are other areas but not as extreme.
My question is, if we lack talent then why did we beat the pats and saints.
Did coaches, coach really well those two weeks and then not coach well the other games. Also when you lack talent in the nfl you ussually have those glaring games when it is obvious. Such as the seahawks, Cardinals, denver where they will get blown out by quality teams..
We have not got blown out, in fact we have been in every game. There wasnt one game where you could point to and say, gee they are just so much better than us..
Good coaching you beat the teams you suppose to beat.
No we are not talented enough to be a play off team, but we should be 8 and 8.
This looks aweful familiar with the way the Jets played down the stretch manginis last year there. and i know, i know favre was hurt, but if you watched the games he wasnt the only one playing like poop..
So what's your take on the 2 weeks, and the whole season playing down to the level of competition...
"its begining to look a lot like Gruden"
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
