How about that draft?
-
DL, DL, DL, Hows T.O and Ocho Cinco doin in Cincy? Or Dez, Austin and Williams in Dallas? Maybe Moss in Tennessee? If you ain't got the QB it dont matter. Two teams took WR first RD. last year, Denver and Dallas. Both Coaches fired and both teams picking top ten in the draft. Go Browns
-
I don't believe that Cinci will use their first pick on a WR. They have an option on Ocho and I think that they will take it, plus they have a surplus of WR's front the 2009 draft that they like and have been getting more involved in the past weeks. It's a toss up to get Green at 6, and I think if we miss him we TRY (I know alot of you complain when people say we should have moved back, I am just saying if he's not their we try to drop back on the board to pick up picks) or we draft a DE.
-
Man, I hope we don't trade way down to get a left guard or deep snapper. We need a serious impact player, preferably A.J. Green. My gut says Holmgren fires Mangini Monday or soon, moves down the sideline, gives Colt McCoy a full year as a starter, and gives him weapons who can actually get open.
Out of curiosity, how do 1st round WR's usually fair in their first NFL season? I don't mean to be a downer, but I have a feeling we will lose A.J. Green to Cinci at #3, but if we were to get him, would he be able to make a impact from the get go?
PavingHillis said:
Out of curiosity, how do 1st round WR's usually fair in their first NFL season? I don't mean to be a downer, but I have a feeling we will lose A.J. Green to Cinci at #3, but if we were to get him, would he be able to make a impact from the get go?since 1990
76 WR have been picked in the first round
22 have made at least 1 pro bowl
14 have made 2 or more pro bowl
-
if green aint there then there isnt any reason not to take a top tier de
-
if green aint there then there isnt any reason not to take a top tier de
if green aint there then there isnt any reason not to take a top tier de
With a pick at #6 I agree, but if AJ is gone it would be sweet if we could pull out a deal where we can move back to like pick 15-20, get Jones or Blackmon, and pick up some more picks.
-
Man, I hope we don't trade way down to get a left guard or deep snapper. We need a serious impact player, preferably A.J. Green. My gut says Holmgren fires Mangini Monday or soon, moves down the sideline, gives Colt McCoy a full year as a starter, and gives him weapons who can actually get open.
Man, I hope we don't trade way down to get a left guard or deep snapper. We need a serious impact player, preferably A.J. Green. My gut says Holmgren fires Mangini Monday or soon, moves down the sideline, gives Colt McCoy a full year as a starter, and gives him weapons who can actually get open.
I agree with this except I don't want to see Holmgren on the sidelines. He belongs in the front office. It never works out when a coach has this much power...
-
if green aint there then there isnt any reason not to take a top tier de
With a pick at #6 I agree, but if AJ is gone it would be sweet if we could pull out a deal where we can move back to like pick 15-20, get Jones or Blackmon, and pick up some more picks.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
With a pick at #6 I agree, but if AJ is gone it would be sweet if we could pull out a deal where we can move back to like pick 15-20, get Jones or Blackmon, and pick up some more picks.Do we plan on taking a QB in the draft? Historically, Holmgren usually, if not always, takes a QB in the draft. Maybe 3rd or 4th round? I am not downplaying Colt, but we don't exactly have great confidence in our current QBs. McCoy has been somewhat promising, Delhomme blows, and Seneca is hit or miss, but mostly miss.
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
With a pick at #6 I agree, but if AJ is gone it would be sweet if we could pull out a deal where we can move back to like pick 15-20, get Jones or Blackmon, and pick up some more picks.Do we plan on taking a QB in the draft? Historically, Holmgren usually, if not always, takes a QB in the draft. Maybe 3rd or 4th round? I am not downplaying Colt, but we don't exactly have great confidence in our current QBs. McCoy has been somewhat promising, Delhomme blows, and Seneca is hit or miss, but mostly miss.
Do we plan on taking a QB in the draft? Historically, Holmgren usually, if not always, takes a QB in the draft. Maybe 3rd or 4th round? I am not downplaying Colt, but we don't exactly have great confidence in our current QBs. McCoy has been somewhat promising, Delhomme blows, and Seneca is hit or miss, but mostly miss.
i think he does, but I don't see him taking one is the 3rd of 4th with the wholes that we still need to fill at other positions. Remember we will more than likely resign Seneca who can step in as a starter and do decent (more touchdowns than ints in his career) if McCoy turns out not to be the real deal. Also Heckert is the one who is really in control of the draft so I don't see us really picking a QB until round 5-7.
-
Do we plan on taking a QB in the draft? Historically, Holmgren usually, if not always, takes a QB in the draft. Maybe 3rd or 4th round? I am not downplaying Colt, but we don't exactly have great confidence in our current QBs. McCoy has been somewhat promising, Delhomme blows, and Seneca is hit or miss, but mostly miss.
i think he does, but I don't see him taking one is the 3rd of 4th with the wholes that we still need to fill at other positions. Remember we will more than likely resign Seneca who can step in as a starter and do decent (more touchdowns than ints in his career) if McCoy turns out not to be the real deal. Also Heckert is the one who is really in control of the draft so I don't see us really picking a QB until round 5-7.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
I don't see us really picking a QB until round 5-7.Fine with me. Every wants to draft the big name college quarterbacks, that doesn't always work out.
Tom Brady was drafted 199th overall
-
Lets get Patrick Peterson. Him and Haden would be amazing back there. We can get our wrs in FA, try and get V. Jackson.
-
Lets get Patrick Peterson. Him and Haden would be amazing back there. We can get our wrs in FA, try and get V. Jackson.
Lets get Patrick Peterson. Him and Haden would be amazing back there. We can get our wrs in FA, try and get V. Jackson.
Our pass defense wasn't bad this year, especially after Haden became the starter, our main focus on defense should be fixing the run and getting good blitzers. I don't see the point in spending another high pick on a corner.
-
Lets get Patrick Peterson. Him and Haden would be amazing back there. We can get our wrs in FA, try and get V. Jackson.
Our pass defense wasn't bad this year, especially after Haden became the starter, our main focus on defense should be fixing the run and getting good blitzers. I don't see the point in spending another high pick on a corner.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
getting good blitzersAgreed. We have no pass rush.
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
getting good blitzersAgreed. We have no pass rush.
Agreed. We have no pass rush.
We all talk about how good of a pass rusher Benard is, but he only had like 6 or 7 sacks this season. I assume that has to do with being sick for a few weeks and deeling with a shoulder injury, but I think at best he would have had 11. He is a blitz specialist, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily great at blitzing
-
-
Agreed. We have no pass rush.
We all talk about how good of a pass rusher Benard is, but he only had like 6 or 7 sacks this season. I assume that has to do with being sick for a few weeks and deeling with a shoulder injury, but I think at best he would have had 11. He is a blitz specialist, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily great at blitzing
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
We all talk about how good of a pass rusher Benard is, but he only had like 6 or 7 sacks this season. I assume that has to do with being sick for a few weeks and deeling with a shoulder injury, but I think at best he would have had 11. He is a blitz specialist, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily great at blitzingShaun Rogers was inexcusably awful this year, with a whopping 16 tackles and 1.5 sacks. The only aspect of our defense that looks promising is the secondary. For a good 3-5 weeks, Haden, Ward, and Elam really played shutdown defense... then it all went downhill.
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
We all talk about how good of a pass rusher Benard is, but he only had like 6 or 7 sacks this season. I assume that has to do with being sick for a few weeks and deeling with a shoulder injury, but I think at best he would have had 11. He is a blitz specialist, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily great at blitzingShaun Rogers was inexcusably awful this year, with a whopping 16 tackles and 1.5 sacks. The only aspect of our defense that looks promising is the secondary. For a good 3-5 weeks, Haden, Ward, and Elam really played shutdown defense... then it all went downhill.
Shaun Rogers was inexcusably awful this year, with a whopping 16 tackles and 1.5 sacks. The only aspect of our defense that looks promising is the secondary. For a 3-5 weeks, Haden, Ward, and Elam really played shutdown defense... then it all went downhill.
This draft is loaded with D-lineman too. Not to base everything off of ESPN's Scout Inc. but the top 10 players are a good example of the amount of talent at the D-line position in this draft. 6 of the top 10 are D-lineman and only one is under 280lbs:
2. Da'Quan Bowers
Position: DE School: Clemson Grade:97 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 280lbs
3. Nick Fairley
Position: DT School: Auburn Grade: 97 Height: 6'5'' Weight: 298lbs
6. Robert Quinn
Position: DE School: N. Carolina Grade: 96 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 254lbs
8. Marcell Dareus
Position: DT School: Alabama Grade: 96 Height: 6'2'' Weight: 303lbs
9. Adrian Clayborn
Position: DE School: Iowa Grade: 95 Height: 6'3'' Weight: 285lbs
10. Stephen Paea
Position: DT School: Oregon State Grade: 95 Height: 6'1'' Weight: 304lbs
-
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
I don't see us really picking a QB until round 5-7.Fine with me. Every wants to draft the big name college quarterbacks, that doesn't always work out.
Tom Brady was drafted 199th overall
Fine with me. Every wants to draft the big name college quarterbacks, that doesn't always work out.
Tom Brady was drafted 199th overall
To me, being drafted is more about someone getting the opportunity to become as good as they want as long as they're willing to put the work in to get there.
Reality is alot of kids get a boat load of money and dont know what to do with it. Im sure alot of them want to go out and party 24/7 and some can retire off of what they make before they even play a down so they just quit caring.
The tricky part is finding the ones who care and is willing to put in the work to earn that paycheck.
-
Shaun Rogers was inexcusably awful this year, with a whopping 16 tackles and 1.5 sacks. The only aspect of our defense that looks promising is the secondary. For a 3-5 weeks, Haden, Ward, and Elam really played shutdown defense... then it all went downhill.
This draft is loaded with D-lineman too. Not to base everything off of ESPN's Scout Inc. but the top 10 players are a good example of the amount of talent at the D-line position in this draft. 6 of the top 10 are D-lineman and only one is under 280lbs:
2. Da'Quan Bowers
Position: DE School: Clemson Grade:97 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 280lbs
3. Nick Fairley
Position: DT School: Auburn Grade: 97 Height: 6'5'' Weight: 298lbs
6. Robert Quinn
Position: DE School: N. Carolina Grade: 96 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 254lbs
8. Marcell Dareus
Position: DT School: Alabama Grade: 96 Height: 6'2'' Weight: 303lbs
9. Adrian Clayborn
Position: DE School: Iowa Grade: 95 Height: 6'3'' Weight: 285lbs
10. Stephen Paea
Position: DT School: Oregon State Grade: 95 Height: 6'1'' Weight: 304lbs
PavingHillis said:
6. Robert QuinnPosition: DE School: N. Carolina Grade: 96 Height: 6'4'' Weight: 254lbs
6'4" and 254?!?! Jesus, how fast does he run the 40?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login