How about that draft?
-
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
That might be the most logical way to do it but I would rather us getting another high pick. (either way I would rather have the season be played)
That might be the most logical way to do it but I would rather us getting another high pick. (either way I would rather have the season be played)
Me too. I couldn't stand not having the NFL for a year. And yes, we would like to have two 6th overall picks, but what about the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints? They would bitch about getting screwed in the draft and Goodell would have no option but to resort to the snake draft.
-
That might be the most logical way to do it but I would rather us getting another high pick. (either way I would rather have the season be played)
Me too. I couldn't stand not having the NFL for a year. And yes, we would like to have two 6th overall picks, but what about the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints? They would bitch about getting screwed in the draft and Goodell would have no option but to resort to the snake draft.
Me too. I couldn't stand not having the NFL for a year. And yes, we would like to have two 6th overall picks, but what about the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints? They would bitch about getting screwed in the draft and Goodell would have no option but to resort to the snake draft.
I don't know... I think a lot of people would have a problem giving the defending super bowl champions the first overall pick. Im sure it is in the rule book someplace.
-
Me too. I couldn't stand not having the NFL for a year. And yes, we would like to have two 6th overall picks, but what about the Patriots, Falcons, and Saints? They would bitch about getting screwed in the draft and Goodell would have no option but to resort to the snake draft.
I don't know... I think a lot of people would have a problem giving the defending super bowl champions the first overall pick. Im sure it is in the rule book someplace.
I don't know... I think a lot of people would have a problem giving the defending super bowl champions the first overall pick. Im sure it is in the rule book someplace.
Well, there would have to be 2 drafts. In the 2011 draft you use the original draft order and in the 2012 you completely flip the order and revert to the snake draft.
OR, on a completely different note, they could resort to the lottery, similar to the NBA and just determine the draft order that way. Since there was no past season though, each team would get 1 ball so every franchise has the same opportunity.
-
I don't know... I think a lot of people would have a problem giving the defending super bowl champions the first overall pick. Im sure it is in the rule book someplace.
Well, there would have to be 2 drafts. In the 2011 draft you use the original draft order and in the 2012 you completely flip the order and revert to the snake draft.
OR, on a completely different note, they could resort to the lottery, similar to the NBA and just determine the draft order that way. Since there was no past season though, each team would get 1 ball so every franchise has the same opportunity.
Well, there would have to be 2 drafts. In the 2011 draft you use the original draft order and in the 2012 you completely flip the order and revert to the snake draft.
OR, on a completely different note, they could resort to the lottery, similar to the NBA and just determine the draft order that way. Since there was no past season though, each team would get 1 ball so every franchise has the same opportunity.
I just don't think it is i likely they would give the highest picks to the best teams like that. They may do something like average draft position over the last 5 or so years. Who knows.
-
Well, there would have to be 2 drafts. In the 2011 draft you use the original draft order and in the 2012 you completely flip the order and revert to the snake draft.
OR, on a completely different note, they could resort to the lottery, similar to the NBA and just determine the draft order that way. Since there was no past season though, each team would get 1 ball so every franchise has the same opportunity.
I just don't think it is i likely they would give the highest picks to the best teams like that. They may do something like average draft position over the last 5 or so years. Who knows.
I just don't think it is i likely they would give the highest picks to the best teams like that. They may do something like average draft position over the last 5 or so years. Who knows.
Or another idea would be to do a snake draft per say but keep the original start so Carolina goes 1 and 65. That might be more fair. I did a quick google search and didnt really come up with anything.
-
My question is if there is no season next year do we get another 6th overall pick for the 2012 draft? If so that would be nice for Carolina.
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
how exactly is that fair? am i missing something?
-
If there is no season next year then the team with the 32nd pick should get the 1st overall, like a snake draft. That would be the only rational way to do it.
how exactly is that fair? am i missing something?
how exactly is that fair? am i missing something?
Because the point of the draft ordering is to help the weakest teams become more competitive. If you just switch the order you are going to be giving what is still the "best" teams franchise players. I understand the viewpoint of the better teams, but I can't see them just switching the order. The more I think about it maybe the "fairest" way would be to average the draft positions of the last 5 years and do it that way. Obviously the Browns woulds do well in that system as well.
I guess they could do some sort of lottery with the teams with teams with the worst records getting more balls but with every team having a chance to be in any position, and then snake the rest of the draft. I was just reading I guess that is what the NHL did a few years back.
-
how exactly is that fair? am i missing something?
Because the point of the draft ordering is to help the weakest teams become more competitive. If you just switch the order you are going to be giving what is still the "best" teams franchise players. I understand the viewpoint of the better teams, but I can't see them just switching the order. The more I think about it maybe the "fairest" way would be to average the draft positions of the last 5 years and do it that way. Obviously the Browns woulds do well in that system as well.
I guess they could do some sort of lottery with the teams with teams with the worst records getting more balls but with every team having a chance to be in any position, and then snake the rest of the draft. I was just reading I guess that is what the NHL did a few years back.
Because the point of the draft ordering is to help the weakest teams become more competitive. If you just switch the order you are going to be giving what is still the "best" teams franchise players. I understand the viewpoint of the better teams, but I can't see them just switching the order. The more I think about it maybe the "fairest" way would be to average the draft positions of the last 5 years and do it that way. Obviously the Browns woulds do well in that system as well.
I guess they could do some sort of lottery with the teams with teams with the worst records getting more balls but with every team having a chance to be in any position, and then snake the rest of the draft. I was just reading I guess that is what the NHL did a few years back.
of course, this is only if there stoppage next year right?
-
Because the point of the draft ordering is to help the weakest teams become more competitive. If you just switch the order you are going to be giving what is still the "best" teams franchise players. I understand the viewpoint of the better teams, but I can't see them just switching the order. The more I think about it maybe the "fairest" way would be to average the draft positions of the last 5 years and do it that way. Obviously the Browns woulds do well in that system as well.
I guess they could do some sort of lottery with the teams with teams with the worst records getting more balls but with every team having a chance to be in any position, and then snake the rest of the draft. I was just reading I guess that is what the NHL did a few years back.
of course, this is only if there stoppage next year right?
of course, this is only if there stoppage next year right?
Correct. Im talking about no season next year what will they do for the 2012 draft.
-
how exactly is that fair? am i missing something?
Because the point of the draft ordering is to help the weakest teams become more competitive. If you just switch the order you are going to be giving what is still the "best" teams franchise players. I understand the viewpoint of the better teams, but I can't see them just switching the order. The more I think about it maybe the "fairest" way would be to average the draft positions of the last 5 years and do it that way. Obviously the Browns woulds do well in that system as well.
I guess they could do some sort of lottery with the teams with teams with the worst records getting more balls but with every team having a chance to be in any position, and then snake the rest of the draft. I was just reading I guess that is what the NHL did a few years back.
I was just reading I guess that is what the NHL did a few years back.
Yes, but I'm sure you don't know why the lottery is instituted in the NHL. Back in 1971, the Montreal Canadiens were the top team in the league and had their eye on the top prospect and junior player, Guy Lafleur. The Canadiens knew they could not get the first pick, so they traded one of their top players to the worst team in the league, the Los Angeles Kings, for the Kings' first round pick. Despite acquiring a new talent, the Kings finished last in the league, giving the Canadiens the top draft choice. Guess who they picked. Lafleur.
Another aspect that contributed to the lottery becoming formatted in the NHL was throwing games. In 1974, the Capitals inaugural season, they started off terribly and lost almost 30 consecutive games. Once the Caps realized they had no shot at the playoffs, they began playing for draft positioning. Washington finished the season with an 8-67-5 record, the worst in NHL history. Guess who got the first pick. Washington.
Pretty interesting, huh?
-
I was just reading I guess that is what the NHL did a few years back.
Yes, but I'm sure you don't know why the lottery is instituted in the NHL. Back in 1971, the Montreal Canadiens were the top team in the league and had their eye on the top prospect and junior player, Guy Lafleur. The Canadiens knew they could not get the first pick, so they traded one of their top players to the worst team in the league, the Los Angeles Kings, for the Kings' first round pick. Despite acquiring a new talent, the Kings finished last in the league, giving the Canadiens the top draft choice. Guess who they picked. Lafleur.
Another aspect that contributed to the lottery becoming formatted in the NHL was throwing games. In 1974, the Capitals inaugural season, they started off terribly and lost almost 30 consecutive games. Once the Caps realized they had no shot at the playoffs, they began playing for draft positioning. Washington finished the season with an 8-67-5 record, the worst in NHL history. Guess who got the first pick. Washington.
Pretty interesting, huh?
Yes, but I'm sure you don't know why the lottery is instituted in the NHL. Back in 1971, the Montreal Canadiens were the top team in the league and had their eye on the top prospect and junior player, Guy Lafleur. The Canadiens knew they could not get the first pick, so they traded one of their top players to the worst team in the league, the Los Angeles Kings, for the Kings' first round pick. Despite acquiring a new talent, the Kings finished last in the league, giving the Canadiens the top draft choice. Guess who they picked. Lafleur.
Another aspect that contributed to the lottery become formatted in the NHL was throwing games. In 1974, the Capitals inaugural season, they started off terribly and lost almost 30 consecutive games. Once the Caps realized they had no shot at the playoffs, they began playing for draft positioning. Washington finisheD the season with an 8-67-5 record, the worst in NHL history. Guess who got the first pick. Washington.
Pretty interesting, huh?
I didn't know the NHL did a lottery every year. (Dont watch hockey) That is pretty interesting though. What I was refering to was the lottery system they used after the 94-95 lockout how they set up the draft for the following year.
-
Trade what ever you have to for andrew luck! The guy is the next great qb.
Not saying anything against colt, but who needs wrs if you have luck?
-
He looked terrific tonight.
He really did look great. There isn't much not to like about the kid.
All we need is a little luck!
-
Trade what ever you have to for andrew luck! The guy is the next great qb.
Not saying anything against colt, but who needs wrs if you have luck?
-
-
It would be nice, but I just don't see that happening.
IMO the only way Luck doesn't go to Carolina is if he doesn't enter the draft.
I agree, the only way that we get luck is if he desides to not commit and comes into the draft next year and colt proves that he's not the guy next season. Then I sww us trading a whole draft in necessary to take luck.
-
It would be nice, but I just don't see that happening.
IMO the only way Luck doesn't go to Carolina is if he doesn't enter the draft.
I agree, the only way that we get luck is if he desides to not commit and comes into the draft next year and colt proves that he's not the guy next season. Then I sww us trading a whole draft in necessary to take luck.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
I agree, the only way that we get luck is if he desides to not commit and comes into the draft next year and colt proves that he's not the guy next season. Then I sww us trading a whole draft in necessary to take luck.He still needs somebody to throw it to
-
I said before the game that if Luck leads Stanford to a 12-1 record and a BCS bowl victory... can he realistically top that? What's really left to accomplish, especially knowing that Harbaugh is leaving.
He'll be in the draft and is a lock for #1.
-
Yeah hes gonna come out this year if he dosent he should have Jake Locker on speed dial many believed he was gonna be picked ahead of sam bradford, i would love to trade up and get him but Carolina would want a hell of alot and i dont think we have anything to offer..
Colt McCoy Swap 1s and give them are second as well still dont think they would pull the trigger..
The only guy they would want off are team is Peyton Hillis and they dont need him,Deangelo Williams was banged up all year and John Stewart is a beast in is own they dont need Hillis
So you put me together a picture of what we could even offer Carolina for there #1 pick i dont see it happening
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login