Skip to content

Sanzenbacher

The Browns Board
73 26 5.9k
  • @karddawg said:

    Good one anteater, now im a racist. how can I be a rascist I WAS a white wide receiver, dumbass. I played div iii ball and ive even coached the position, so you might be over your head on this one. I know all about the skills a wr needs, but i also know the type of guy that makes it in the show is a physical freak. look who is in the pro bowl andre johnson, dawyne bowe, cavin johnson, roddy white ... bluechip freaks who could jump over your fat ass not little hanznadfranz mascots.

    KardDawg Out!

    You weren't a Div III receiver and you never coached the position, even if so, Sanzenbacher is a DI receiver contributing to a BCS team his entire career. He walks onto a D3 campus and gets any lady he wants, while your still picking up footballs for the practice squad. Hell, he walks onto a D3 campus and ear fucks you any time he wants.

    Freakish? Remember this guy?

    collinsworthsi.jpg

    @atenears said:

    You weren't a Div III receiver and you never coached the position, even if so, Sanzenbacher is a DI receiver contributing to a BCS team his entire career. He walks onto a D3 campus and gets any lady he wants, while your still picking up footballs for the practice squad. Hell, he walks onto a D3 campus and ear xxxxs you any time he wants.

    Freakish? Remember this guy?

    collinsworthsi.jpg

    Pierre Garcon played D3 and that guy has gay hair, you prob have the same cut.

    I never said i was awesome, but i was coached well and i have passed that on to those i have coached. i understand the position more than you could ever wish anteater. and snatchenpecker is not nfl stuff period

  • As I've written in other threads, I want to see Dane in a Browns uniform.

    In today's line-up he'd be the instant #2. If CLE takes a W/R in R1 or R2, and they need to in R2, he'd make a fine #3.

    Kind of a Welker/ Brennan hybrid... Reminds of A. Gonzalez minus the hypoxic tent

    R1 has to be reserved for an impact OLB... I like TAMU's Von Miller, if we're still doing the 3 - 4 thing.

  • @atenears said:

    Stop being a racist. Peyton Hillis can play, so don't discount white players and/or Sanzenbacher (snatchenbarfers?? tOSU hater!). Massaquoi can't adjust on the ball. Had he been in yellow-n-black on Sunday, Big Ben's first pass would have fell to earth 20-yards away from any receiver. I know Sanzenbacher ain't black, or chineese like Heinz Ward, but he can make similar plays by continuing on a play and fighting for the football ... again, something MoMass and Robofag never do.

    You tOSU haters are idiots. There has been receivers discussed here after almost every bowl game or big college game day. You jerks sit back and wait until after an tOSU game (the only game on last night) and act like that is all we talk about on here. Why are tOSU players discussed? Probably because they have had the most BCS Bowl appearances, always a top team in the farm system, and have produced some great players at the next level.

    Good one anteater, now im a racist. how can I be a rascist I WAS a white wide receiver, dumbass. I played div iii ball and ive even coached the position, so you might be over your head on this one. I know all about the skills a wr needs, but i also know the type of guy that makes it in the show is a physical freak. look who is in the pro bowl andre johnson, dawyne bowe, cavin johnson, roddy white ... bluechip freaks who could jump over your fat ass not little hanznadfranz mascots.

    KardDawg Out!

    @karddawg said:

    Good one anteater, now im a racist. how can I be a rascist I WAS a white wide receiver, dumbass. I played div iii ball and ive even coached the position, so you might be over your head on this one. I know all about the skills a wr needs, but i also know the type of guy that makes it in the show is a physical freak. look who is in the pro bowl andre johnson, dawyne bowe, cavin johnson, roddy white ... bluechip freaks who could jump over your fat ass not little hanznadfranz mascots.

    KardDawg Out!

    Any body and their mama can play Div. III ball. It's where to average highschool player goes when he still wants to play some ball. Shit I got got letters and calls from about 6 different Div III football programs in Ohio my senior year who wanted me to start LT for them as a freshman but when it comes to college I would just rather focus on my education at a bigger name school that people recognize so it's easier to get a job than go to some no name private school, pay 3 times as much money, and play football for a crowd of 112.

    Playing Div III really don't mean you more than any body who played pee wee to high school.

  • @brownsreds said:

    I'm a HUGE TOSU and Browns fan but I don't understand why after every college football season ends someone always asks, "wouldn't so and so from TOSU be a great addition to the Browns?"

    Sanzenbacher career stats (before last night) 115 receptions, 1811 yards, 15 TD's

    Robiskie's college stats 127 receptions, 1866 yards, 24 TD's. How's he working out for us?

    Sanzenbacher is the first player in the 10 years under Tressel to be voted both the team’s Most Valuable Player and Most Inspirational Player by his teammates.

    Robiskie is and has always been uninspiring. I've often said that he was among the worst #1 receivers at OSU in the past two decades.

    Other tidbit, Robiskie declined from his Junior year to his Senior year, catching 55 passes for 935-yrds and 11-TDs as a Junior, but only 42 receptions for 535-yrds and 8 TD's as a senior, when the focus was on him to carry the team.

    Sanzenbacher was just the opposite, improving each year and worker harder, hauling in 55 catches for 948 yrds and 11 TD's + the TD last night on the fumble recovery.

    The kid is a fighter and play maker, whereas Robiskie is a dime-a-dozen and a was a product of the OSU system, IMO.

    @atenears said:

    Sanzenbacher is the first player in the 10 years under Tressel to be voted both the team’s Most Valuable Player and Most Inspirational Player by his teammates.

    Robiskie is and has always been uninspiring. I've often said that he was among the worst #1 receivers at OSU in the past two decades.

    Other tidbit, Robiskie declined from his Junior year to his Senior year, catching 55 passes for 935-yrds and 11-TDs as a Junior, but only 42 receptions for 535-yrds and 8 TD's as a senior, when the focus was on him to carry the team.

    Sanzenbacher was just the opposite, improving each year and worker harder, hauling in 55 catches for 948 yrds and 11 TD's + the TD last night on the fumble recovery.

    The kid is a fighter and play maker, whereas Robiskie is a dime-a-dozen and a was a product of the OSU system, IMO.

    I'm sure the fact that he had a freshmen QB who really couldn't throw very well for his senior season had something to do with his numbers going down but i'm sure you knew that.

  • @atenears said:

    Sanzenbacher is the first player in the 10 years under Tressel to be voted both the team’s Most Valuable Player and Most Inspirational Player by his teammates.

    Robiskie is and has always been uninspiring. I've often said that he was among the worst #1 receivers at OSU in the past two decades.

    Other tidbit, Robiskie declined from his Junior year to his Senior year, catching 55 passes for 935-yrds and 11-TDs as a Junior, but only 42 receptions for 535-yrds and 8 TD's as a senior, when the focus was on him to carry the team.

    Sanzenbacher was just the opposite, improving each year and worker harder, hauling in 55 catches for 948 yrds and 11 TD's + the TD last night on the fumble recovery.

    The kid is a fighter and play maker, whereas Robiskie is a dime-a-dozen and a was a product of the OSU system, IMO.

    I'm sure the fact that he had a freshmen QB who really couldn't throw very well for his senior season had something to do with his numbers going down but i'm sure you knew that.

    @richiswhere said:

    I'm sure the fact that he had a freshmen QB who really couldn't throw very well for his senior season had something to do with his numbers going down but i'm sure you knew that.

    Perhaps for that same reason is why he ever got beyond anyone deep, because the safeties were playing the run of said freshman QB?

  • Look I'm not going to come on here and advocate for every freakin OSU player that goes into the draft. I watched Robo and I couldn't understand why people called him the most NFL WR in the draft and I did think Vernon Gholston was going to do crazy shit, but sometimes you have real stinkers like that (look at Brady Quinn). But all of you people who bitch about OSU homers are just as guilty because you are completely unwilling to look at anyone who is from Ohio State. If someone came on here talking about a late round WR that is from Flordia, you would say thanks for telling us, but since this one is from Ohio State according to you he is going to be a failure.

    FYI I saw this guy catch a football with his dick during the Sugar Bowl and he can and will catch anything that is within reach of his body.

  • I'm a Buckeye fan, and I love Dane. He could be a young Joe J. for us, and a good late round pick. But honestly, we have a lot of holes to fill. We're heavy in #2's and #3's. I'm not saying I'd be against the pick, but if we pass up somebody we could definitely get production out of just for Sanzy, then....welcome to Cleveland.

  • Yeah I like Sanzenbacher as well i wouldnt mind taking a late round pick out of him he reminds me a lil bit of Brian Hartline cant believe no one has made that comparsion yet, they seem to be about the same..He also slipped in the draft if i recall and the Dolphins now love him

    Btw the kid from Villianova is gonna be a beast in the next level Scuzur hes the next Wes Welker in my opinion, watch some youtube clips of him if you've never seen him play

  • Looks like it's only KardDawg and his racist comments toward Sanzenbacher that oppose nabbing this kid in the later rounds.

  • Looks like it's only KardDawg and his racist comments toward Sanzenbacher that oppose nabbing this kid in the later rounds.

    @atenears said:

    Looks like it's only KardDawg and his racist comments toward Sanzenbacher that oppose nabbing this kid in the later rounds.

    The only problem is he won't be there in later rounds.

    This is the premier copycat league. That's why Hartline, who isn't half the WR Sanz is, went in the 4th round. Hell, Anthony Gonzo went in round 1! Dane won't last past round 3.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Except I ws in favor of James Laurinaitis being drafted(got screwed in the Probowl voting this year) by us and would love Cam Heyward in the 2nd.

    He had a really good game in the Sugar Bowl. I don't think he had any sacks, but he had constant pressure on Mallet and had a few QB hits. Most importantly he hurt his elbow and his knee in the game and he just kept the motor running and just kept playing at a solid good level. Plus he also lined up at DT a few times as well.

  • People talk about "seperation". You know, after a big passing play, and when they review the footage, many times, the D makes a mistake allowinig the seperation. Guys, you have to sometimes throw the ball and let the guys make the plays. Yes, getting seperation helps, but it's not always there.

    I work with a guy who is at every home game and has had season tickets for 30 years (not that it makes him an expert), but a few weeks ago, I asked him, are the WR getting seperated, are they getting open. He said yes and no. Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. Our QB's haven't been making the throws or seeing the seperation.

    A good example is from last night. Look at the pass that Mallet completed in the endzone. That WR was not "seperated", he was not wide open. The coverage was decent. What happened there was a well run route and a perfectly thrown ball. The replay showed that the Ohio State D-back was only inches from tipping the ball, but the ball was thrown perfectly and caught for the TD. A well thrown ball can beat good coverage and the great QB's prove that. When Colt developes and has time to meld with our WR's, more things are going to happen. We just have to be patient.

  • He is a football player all the way around and runs great routes, you dont have to go to far back when people were overlooking Anthony Gonzalez. And he proved a lot of scouts wrong.

    But for Sanzenbacher I believe he was a walk on at Ohio State. the young man sure knows how to hustle and make the best out of every opportunity.

  • i am also all for Haywerd in the second round and did want us to take Laurnatius or Maulaga in the 2nd that year didnt know why we couldnt have grabed one of them instead of Robo, but yeah if Heyward does slip as many people do suggest i want him with are second pick

  • Definitely need to address our Samoan deficit at some point...

    I like Heyward for DE in the 3 - 4 if that's what we'll be playing... Holmgren's a 4-3 guy though...

    R3 seems about right for Dane, but combine always shakes things up.

  • I like Sanzebacher a lot. He'll be a great third down specialist. Someone like New Orleans, Indy, or the Patriots will make him look like a steal because they have great QBs.

    We need a serious guy first and foremost, a "foundational receiver." I do think the QB makes the WR... but I don't think all WRs were created equal. Guys who can get open and make catches make life easier for QBs, obviously. Guys who can make plays even when they're not open? Even better.

    The Browns have a bunch of iffy 2s and decent 3s. Muhammed might be a 2 and Robiskie has some #3 to him, a dependable but not flashy guy who can't possibly face starting corners.

    @shepwrite said:

    I like Sanzebacher a lot. He'll be a great third down specialist. Someone like New Orleans, Indy, or the Patriots will make him look like a steal because they have great QBs.

    We need a serious guy first and foremost, a "foundational receiver." I do think the QB makes the WR... but I don't think all WRs were created equal. Guys who can get open and make catches make life easier for QBs, obviously. Guys who can make plays even when they're not open? Even better.

    The Browns have a bunch of iffy 2s and decent 3s. Muhammed might be a 2 and Robiskie has some #3 to him, a dependable but not flashy guy who can't possibly face starting corners.

    Gosh I actually have to agree with you Shep. We already have a bunch of #2s and #3s on the Browns, and that 's what Dane is. Is he better than say, Stuckey? Not particularly big 5'11", 180, or fast. You have to worry about him getting jammed at the line at the next level.

    Problem is- some team with not a lot of needs is going to see another Gonzalez or Hartline and take him way before the Browns can afford to.

    Let's see, in roughly descending order the Browns need.... #1 WR, BPA defense (DE, LB interchangeable), RT, more D help (upgrading Elam or another corner,OR LBer). IMO that means the Browns can't go fishing for second tier WR help before the fifth round- and Sanz will be long gone by then. 🙂

  • @atenears said:

    I mumbled in my beer last night "there's are next Brian Brennan"

    You must have had an awful lot beer, anteater. We need real help at wr not some local white boy you have a man crush on. we have plenty of stuckeys and robiskies that can catch a football ... how about a guy that can get actual seperation??

    @karddawg said:

    You must have had an awful lot beer, anteater. We need real help at wr not some local white boy you have a man crush on. we have plenty of stuckeys and robiskies that can catch a football ... how about a guy that can get actual separation??

    Yeah, AG Green is DA BOMB.

    But seriously, Ate says he sees Brian Brennan in him, and he's right. No shortage of OSU homers around here. And we don't care if the guy is black, white, pink, or green.

  • this is a JOKE. Just because a guy played for OSU that doesn't make him the greatest WR ever. How'd Ted Ginn work out? robiskie? yeah....

    His biggest TD of his career was a fumble recovery in the endzone when the ball went right too him. So, unless we are planning on fumbling the ball a lot, no thanks.

  • @shepwrite said:

    I like Sanzebacher a lot. He'll be a great third down specialist. Someone like New Orleans, Indy, or the Patriots will make him look like a steal because they have great QBs.

    We need a serious guy first and foremost, a "foundational receiver." I do think the QB makes the WR... but I don't think all WRs were created equal. Guys who can get open and make catches make life easier for QBs, obviously. Guys who can make plays even when they're not open? Even better.

    The Browns have a bunch of iffy 2s and decent 3s. Muhammed might be a 2 and Robiskie has some #3 to him, a dependable but not flashy guy who can't possibly face starting corners.

    Gosh I actually have to agree with you Shep. We already have a bunch of #2s and #3s on the Browns, and that 's what Dane is. Is he better than say, Stuckey? Not particularly big 5'11", 180, or fast. You have to worry about him getting jammed at the line at the next level.

    Problem is- some team with not a lot of needs is going to see another Gonzalez or Hartline and take him way before the Browns can afford to.

    Let's see, in roughly descending order the Browns need.... #1 WR, BPA defense (DE, LB interchangeable), RT, more D help (upgrading Elam or another corner,OR LBer). IMO that means the Browns can't go fishing for second tier WR help before the fifth round- and Sanz will be long gone by then. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    Gosh I actually have to agree with you Shep. We already have a bunch of #2s and #3s on the Browns, and that 's what Dane is. Is he better than say, Stuckey? Not particularly big 5'11", 180, or fast. You have to worry about him getting jammed at the line at the next level.

    Problem is- some team with not a lot of needs is going to see another Gonzalez or Hartline and take him way before the Browns can afford to.

    Let's see, in roughly descending order the Browns need.... #1 WR, BPA defense (DE, LB interchangeable), RT, more D help (upgrading Elam or another corner,OR LBer). IMO that means the Browns can't go fishing for second tier WR help before the fifth round- and Sanz will be long gone by then. 🙂

    Thank you. I'm tired of seeing perfectly catchable balls bounce off receivers' hands. I find it disturbing when a commentator remarks that the defender is running a better route than the receiver. (I don't usually put much stock in what the commentators say but in this case he was correct.) I'm tired of seeing our receivers out of position or letting a catch get away without a fight. I want to watch a guy who can make not only the routine catches but the miraculous ones when necessary.

  • @bob806 said:

    I know he's not going to regarded as a high draft choice, but he'd look great in a Browns uniform. The guy has a knack for making plays.

    How 'bout those Buckeyes? O-H!!!!!

    I'm a HUGE TOSU and Browns fan but I don't understand why after every college football season ends someone always asks, "wouldn't so and so from TOSU be a great addition to the Browns?"

    Sanzenbacher career stats (before last night) 115 receptions, 1811 yards, 15 TD's

    Robiskie's college stats 127 receptions, 1866 yards, 24 TD's. How's he working out for us?

    @brownsreds said:

    I'm a HUGE TOSU and Browns fan but I don't understand why after every college football season ends someone always asks, "wouldn't so and so from TOSU be a great addition to the Browns?"

    Sanzenbacher career stats (before last night) 115 receptions, 1811 yards, 15 TD's

    Robiskie's college stats 127 receptions, 1866 yards, 24 TD's. How's he working out for us?

    Fair statement. The difference perhaps is that Sanzenbacher played in college the position he will probably play in the pros: the 'slot' receiver position. Plus by all viewpoints Sanzenbachers hands are far superior, as is his route running.