Sanzenbacher
-
I mumbled in my beer last night "there's are next Brian Brennan"
You must have had an awful lot beer, anteater. We need real help at wr not some local white boy you have a man crush on. we have plenty of stuckeys and robiskies that can catch a football ... how about a guy that can get actual seperation??
You must have had an awful lot beer, anteater. We need real help at wr not some local white boy you have a man crush on. we have plenty of stuckeys and robiskies that can catch a football ... how about a guy that can get actual seperation??
The thing is, Sanzenbacher DOES get a lot of separation...at least against the college competition he faces.
It is not pure go pattern up top speed separation, but the guy is constantly open in the routes he runs. (and he is a lot faster than people think.)
In fact, if the Browns want to go WCO, this guy may be a perfect sort of fit for that. The guy that can get that separtion you want in a shorter 10-12 yard pattern.
-
this is a JOKE. Just because a guy played for OSU that doesn't make him the greatest WR ever. How'd Ted Ginn work out? robiskie? yeah....
His biggest TD of his career was a fumble recovery in the endzone when the ball went right too him. So, unless we are planning on fumbling the ball a lot, no thanks.
this is a JOKE. Just because a guy played for OSU that doesn't make him the greatest WR ever. How'd Ted Ginn work out? robiskie? yeah....
His biggest TD of his career was a fumble recovery in the endzone when the ball went right too him. So, unless we are planning on fumbling the ball a lot, no thanks.
Maybe if you took the time to actually read the conversation we are not saying he is the best WR of all time, we are saying that he is going be a really good #2 or slot option and it would be awesome if he slipped far enough to warrant us taking him in say the 5th round (which won't happen) just because your all upset of Akron being the worst thing in college football (most popular sport) and the best thing in soccer (least popular) doesn't mean you have to be one of those anti Ohio State players are never going to do shit guys, especially since your team never produces a pro product ever.
Oh and I say the best catch of his career was against Michigan when Posey deflected the ball and Sanz ajusted to it, made the catch, and scored the TD.
-
You weren't a Div III receiver and you never coached the position, even if so, Sanzenbacher is a DI receiver contributing to a BCS team his entire career. He walks onto a D3 campus and gets any lady he wants, while your still picking up footballs for the practice squad. Hell, he walks onto a D3 campus and ear xxxxs you any time he wants.
Freakish? Remember this guy?

Pierre Garcon played D3 and that guy has gay hair, you prob have the same cut.
I never said i was awesome, but i was coached well and i have passed that on to those i have coached. i understand the position more than you could ever wish anteater. and snatchenpecker is not nfl stuff period
Pierre Garcon played D3 and that guy has gay hair, you prob have the same cut.
I never said i was awesome, but i was coached well and i have passed that on to those i have coached. i understand the position more than you could ever wish anteater. and snatchenpecker is not nfl stuff period
OK, other than the fact that he is white, what are your reasonings for claiming that?
I will assume those reasons are not any of the following:
A. That he cannot hold onto the football
B. That he has shown an inability to get open in the seams of a zone.
C. That he has not been productive
D. That he does not have a nose for the end zone.
E. That he is not quick enough.
F. That his is not tough enough. (he certainly has shown he will go over the middle)
The only things I guess is that he is not huge at 5'11" and that he does not have burner 4.3 40 time speed.
(But no one would ever draft him to be their up top burner).
So, just what is it?
Personally, I could see picking him up in a 4th round or below.
-
this is a JOKE. Just because a guy played for OSU that doesn't make him the greatest WR ever. How'd Ted Ginn work out? robiskie? yeah....
His biggest TD of his career was a fumble recovery in the endzone when the ball went right too him. So, unless we are planning on fumbling the ball a lot, no thanks.
Maybe if you took the time to actually read the conversation we are not saying he is the best WR of all time, we are saying that he is going be a really good #2 or slot option and it would be awesome if he slipped far enough to warrant us taking him in say the 5th round (which won't happen) just because your all upset of Akron being the worst thing in college football (most popular sport) and the best thing in soccer (least popular) doesn't mean you have to be one of those anti Ohio State players are never going to do shit guys, especially since your team never produces a pro product ever.
Oh and I say the best catch of his career was against Michigan when Posey deflected the ball and Sanz ajusted to it, made the catch, and scored the TD.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Maybe if you took the time to actually read the conversation we are not saying he is the best WR of all time, we are saying that he is going be a really good #2 or slot option and it would be awesome if he slipped far enough to warrant us taking him in say the 5th round (which won't happen) just because your all upset of Akron being the worst thing in college football (most popular sport) and the best thing in soccer (least popular) doesn't mean you have to be one of those anti Ohio State players are never going to do shit guys, especially since your team never produces a pro product ever.
I will defend Akron U. here a bit. The Zips have produced Jason Taylor, a borderline HOF candidate, plus the likes of:
Dwight Smith who had 2 interception returns for TDs in the Tampa Bay Bucs Super Bowl win.
Plus Domenik Hixon, a good WR
Don't forget Charlie Frye (OK, you can forget him if you want)
And Ed Grimsley!

No, really. Ed Grimsley, Akron U Grad, played 1 year with the Colts in 1987
-
I know he's not going to regarded as a high draft choice, but he'd look great in a Browns uniform. The guy has a knack for making plays.
How 'bout those Buckeyes? O-H!!!!!
I'm a HUGE TOSU and Browns fan but I don't understand why after every college football season ends someone always asks, "wouldn't so and so from TOSU be a great addition to the Browns?"
Sanzenbacher career stats (before last night) 115 receptions, 1811 yards, 15 TD's
Robiskie's college stats 127 receptions, 1866 yards, 24 TD's. How's he working out for us?
I'm a HUGE TOSU and Browns fan but I don't understand why after every college football season ends someone always asks, "wouldn't so and so from TOSU be a great addition to the Browns?"
Sanzenbacher career stats (before last night) 115 receptions, 1811 yards, 15 TD's
Robiskie's college stats 127 receptions, 1866 yards, 24 TD's. How's he working out for us?
Good Point.
-
I agree 100%. He is quick and catches the ball, a couple of things this team needs
-
Gosh I actually have to agree with you Shep. We already have a bunch of #2s and #3s on the Browns, and that 's what Dane is. Is he better than say, Stuckey? Not particularly big 5'11", 180, or fast. You have to worry about him getting jammed at the line at the next level.
Problem is- some team with not a lot of needs is going to see another Gonzalez or Hartline and take him way before the Browns can afford to.
Let's see, in roughly descending order the Browns need.... #1 WR, BPA defense (DE, LB interchangeable), RT, more D help (upgrading Elam or another corner,OR LBer). IMO that means the Browns can't go fishing for second tier WR help before the fifth round- and Sanz will be long gone by then.

Thank you. I'm tired of seeing perfectly catchable balls bounce off receivers' hands. I find it disturbing when a commentator remarks that the defender is running a better route than the receiver. (I don't usually put much stock in what the commentators say but in this case he was correct.) I'm tired of seeing our receivers out of position or letting a catch get away without a fight. I want to watch a guy who can make not only the routine catches but the miraculous ones when necessary.
Thank you. I'm tired of seeing perfectly catchable balls bounce off receivers' hands. I find it disturbing when a commentator remarks that the defender is running a better route than the receiver. (I don't usually put much stock in what the commentators say but in this case he was correct.) I'm tired of seeing our receivers out of position or letting a catch get away without a fight. I want to watch a guy who can make not only the routine catches but the miraculous ones when necessary.
You want to see a good example of a defender running a route better than the receiver, see the Red-Right-88 video. Ozzie Newsome gets out-played by his defender moreso than Sipe throws a bad pass, IMO.
-
Wow, I never realized my opinion on Sanzenbacher could touch off such a firestorm.
I don't care if he played for tOSU, Michigan, USC, Duke....my point was he just makes plays.
Peace!!
Wow, I never realized my opinion on Sanzenbacher could touch off such a firestorm.
I don't care if he played for tOSU, Michigan, USC, Duke....my point was he just makes plays.
Peace!!
I understand that one can question whether a guy that "makes plays" in college will also be able to do so with the NFL.
But then, that is the crapshoot of a draft.
Could Jamarcus Russell make plays in college? Ryan Leaf? How about this list from ESPN in 2008. Top 50 draft busts ever (Russell isn't even on here):
FROM LEAF TO WESTBROOK
1. Ryan Leaf, Chargers (1998)
2. Lawrence Phillips, Rams (1996)
3. Art Schlichter, Colts (1982)
4. Heath Shuler, Redskins (1994)
5. Charles Rogers, Lions (2003)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Keith McCants, Buccaneers (1990)
7. Johnny "Lam" Jones, Jets (1980)
8. Mike Junkin, Browns (1987)
9. Bo Matthews, Chargers (1974)
10. Jerry Tagge, Packers (1972)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Jim Drukenmiller, 49ers (1997)
12. Andre Ware, Lions (1990)
13. Reggie Rogers, Lions (1987)
14. Joe Profit, Falcons (1971)
15. Huey Richardson, Steelers (1991)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Peter Warrick, Bengals (2000)
17. David Klingler, Bengals (1992)
18. Derek Brown, Giants (1992)
19. Tim Couch, Browns (1999)
20. Curtis Enis, Bears (1998)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21. Steve Niehaus, Seahawks (1976)
22. Blair Thomas, Jets (1990)
23. Kelly Stouffer, Cardinals (1987)
24. Tony Sacca, Cardinals (1992)
25. Tim Worley, Steelers (1989)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Jack Thompson, Bengals (1979)
27. Walt Patulski, Bills (1972)
28. Tony Mandarich, Packers (1989)
29. Todd Blackledge, Chiefs (1983)
30. Aaron Gibson, Lions (1999)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. Todd Marinovich, Raiders (1991)
32. Andre Johnson, Redskins (1996)
33. Leeland McElroy, Cardinals (1996)
34. Craig Powell, Browns (1995)
35. Mike Elkins, Chiefs (1999)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
36. Russell Erxleben, Saints (1979)
37. Patrick Bates, Raiders (1993)
38. Dan McGwire, Seahawks (1991)
39. Trezelle Jenkins, Chiefs (1995)
40. Cade McNown, Bears (1999)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
41. Reggie Rembert, Jets (1990)
42. Akili Smith, Bengals (1999)
43. Mike Mamula, Eagles (1995)
44. Jonathan Sullivan, Saints (2003)
45. John Clay, Raiders (1987)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
46. Alex Van Dyke, Jets (1996)
47. Maurice Clarett, Broncos (2005)
48. David LaFleur, Cowboys (1997)
49. Jon Harris, Eagles (1997)
50. Michael Westbrook, Redskins (1995)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I guess you could do worse than taking Sanzenbacher in the 4th round.
These guys have Tim Couch on here, but they are a bunch of idiot lemmings. The Browns have had at least 5-6 worse top draft picks than Couch the last 10-13 years: Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, William Green, Braylon Edwards, and maybe a couple others.
-
this is a JOKE. Just because a guy played for OSU that doesn't make him the greatest WR ever. How'd Ted Ginn work out? robiskie? yeah....
His biggest TD of his career was a fumble recovery in the endzone when the ball went right too him. So, unless we are planning on fumbling the ball a lot, no thanks.
this is a JOKE. Just because a guy played for OSU that doesn't make him the greatest WR ever. How'd Ted Ginn work out? robiskie? yeah....
His biggest TD of his career was a fumble recovery in the endzone when the ball went right too him. So, unless we are planning on fumbling the ball a lot, no thanks.
The corollary to this is that he doesn't suck just because he played for OSU. They have produced many good NFL receivers. And it seems to me that he caught a td pass in that game too. He isn't a number 1 but he can be a good receiver in the NFL. I feel better about him that I did Robo, I was shocked when we picked robo in the 2nd. Maybe Sanzenbacher will have the same problem carter had "All he does is catch touchdowns". And I am not implying that he will be as good as Chris Carter who was a decent OSU receiver
-
this is a JOKE. Just because a guy played for OSU that doesn't make him the greatest WR ever. How'd Ted Ginn work out? robiskie? yeah....
His biggest TD of his career was a fumble recovery in the endzone when the ball went right too him. So, unless we are planning on fumbling the ball a lot, no thanks.
The corollary to this is that he doesn't suck just because he played for OSU. They have produced many good NFL receivers. And it seems to me that he caught a td pass in that game too. He isn't a number 1 but he can be a good receiver in the NFL. I feel better about him that I did Robo, I was shocked when we picked robo in the 2nd. Maybe Sanzenbacher will have the same problem carter had "All he does is catch touchdowns". And I am not implying that he will be as good as Chris Carter who was a decent OSU receiver
The corollary to this is that he doesn't suck just because he played for OSU. They have produced many good NFL receivers. And it seems to me that he caught a td pass in that game too. He isn't a number 1 but he can be a good receiver in the NFL. I feel better about him that I did Robo, I was shocked when we picked robo in the 2nd. Maybe Sanzenbacher will have the same problem carter had "All he does is catch touchdowns". And I am not implying that he will be as good as Chris Carter who was a decent OSU receiver
Sanzenbacher is faster than CC was....but not as tall.
-
Thank you. I'm tired of seeing perfectly catchable balls bounce off receivers' hands. I find it disturbing when a commentator remarks that the defender is running a better route than the receiver. (I don't usually put much stock in what the commentators say but in this case he was correct.) I'm tired of seeing our receivers out of position or letting a catch get away without a fight. I want to watch a guy who can make not only the routine catches but the miraculous ones when necessary.
You want to see a good example of a defender running a route better than the receiver, see the Red-Right-88 video. Ozzie Newsome gets out-played by his defender moreso than Sipe throws a bad pass, IMO.
You want to see a good example of a defender running a route better than the receiver, see the Red-Right-88 video. Ozzie Newsome gets out-played by his defender moreso than Sipe throws a bad pass, IMO.
Ate, I was there in what was to become the Dawg Pound, and the play happened right in front of me- not only should Sipe have thrown the ball away, it was underthrown on top of it. Newsome didn't have a chance.
-
You want to see a good example of a defender running a route better than the receiver, see the Red-Right-88 video. Ozzie Newsome gets out-played by his defender moreso than Sipe throws a bad pass, IMO.
Ate, I was there in what was to become the Dawg Pound, and the play happened right in front of me- not only should Sipe have thrown the ball away, it was underthrown on top of it. Newsome didn't have a chance.
-
NflDraftscout has Sanzenbacher as a 7th round pick.
He'd make a great fifth rounder for the Browns, if he really lasts long enough.
He isn't necessarily "slow" though:
**************************
Name: Dane Sanzenbacher
College: Ohio State Number: 12
Height: 5-11 Weight: 182
Position: WR Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2011
40 Time: 4.58 40 Low: 4.48 40 High: 4.67
Projected Round: 7 Stock:
Rated number 27 out of 349 WR's 220 / 2602 TOTAL
-
The guys on this tape have nothing on Sanzenbacher ... he can kick too.
-
Good one anteater, now im a racist. how can I be a rascist I WAS a white wide receiver, dumbass. I played div iii ball and ive even coached the position, so you might be over your head on this one. I know all about the skills a wr needs, but i also know the type of guy that makes it in the show is a physical freak. look who is in the pro bowl andre johnson, dawyne bowe, cavin johnson, roddy white ... bluechip freaks who could jump over your fat ass not little hanznadfranz mascots.
KardDawg Out!
Any body and their mama can play Div. III ball. It's where to average highschool player goes when he still wants to play some ball. Shit I got got letters and calls from about 6 different Div III football programs in Ohio my senior year who wanted me to start LT for them as a freshman but when it comes to college I would just rather focus on my education at a bigger name school that people recognize so it's easier to get a job than go to some no name private school, pay 3 times as much money, and play football for a crowd of 112.
Playing Div III really don't mean you more than any body who played pee wee to high school.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
a freshman but when it comes to college I would just rather focus on my education at a bigger name school that people recognize so it's easier to get a job than go to some no name private school, pay 3 times as much money, and play football for a crowd of 112.Playing Div III really don't mean you more than any body who played pee wee to high school.
I'm sure you were a great left tackle, but I have to laugh at you making fun of a private school education. I never said I was some kind of super athlete because I played D3 ball, I was just pointing out to anteater that I was coache at the position and I coached the position ... I know what im talking about.
-
Looks like it's only KardDawg and his racist comments toward Sanzenbacher that oppose nabbing this kid in the later rounds.
Looks like it's only KardDawg and his racist comments toward Sanzenbacher that oppose nabbing this kid in the later rounds.
Who cares who we nab in the later rounds? When has a 6th or 7th round WR ever made it with the Browns? there is a reason they are still around at the end of the draft, they aren't going to win any football games for ya. every once in a while you unearth a diamond, but believe me, it ain't little snatchenpecker.
-
Pierre Garcon played D3 and that guy has gay hair, you prob have the same cut.
I never said i was awesome, but i was coached well and i have passed that on to those i have coached. i understand the position more than you could ever wish anteater. and snatchenpecker is not nfl stuff period
OK, other than the fact that he is white, what are your reasonings for claiming that?
I will assume those reasons are not any of the following:
A. That he cannot hold onto the football
B. That he has shown an inability to get open in the seams of a zone.
C. That he has not been productive
D. That he does not have a nose for the end zone.
E. That he is not quick enough.
F. That his is not tough enough. (he certainly has shown he will go over the middle)
The only things I guess is that he is not huge at 5'11" and that he does not have burner 4.3 40 time speed.
(But no one would ever draft him to be their up top burner).
So, just what is it?
Personally, I could see picking him up in a 4th round or below.
OK, other than the fact that he is white, what are your reasonings for claiming that?
I will assume those reasons are not any of the following:
A. That he cannot hold onto the football
B. That he has shown an inability to get open in the seams of a zone.
C. That he has not been productive
D. That he does not have a nose for the end zone.
E. That he is not quick enough.
F. That his is not tough enough. (he certainly has shown he will go over the middle)
The only things I guess is that he is not huge at 5'11" and that he does not have burner 4.3 40 time speed.
(But no one would ever draft him to be their up top burner).
So, just what is it?
Personally, I could see picking him up in a 4th round or below.
He's small and slow! Not for an average college player ... but for the nfl! he's an excellent college receiver, but he is in no way shape or form an answer for the cleveland browns at wr. just because you idiots watch a guy on tv you think you are super scouts and you found the next great hope. he'll never be as good as the guys we already have, and that not good.
-
NflDraftscout has Sanzenbacher as a 7th round pick.
He'd make a great fifth rounder for the Browns, if he really lasts long enough.
He isn't necessarily "slow" though:
**************************
Name: Dane Sanzenbacher
College: Ohio State Number: 12
Height: 5-11 Weight: 182
Position: WR Pos2:
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2011
40 Time: 4.58 40 Low: 4.48 40 High: 4.67
Projected Round: 7 Stock:
Rated number 27 out of 349 WR's 220 / 2602 TOTAL
-
Looks like it's only KardDawg and his racist comments toward Sanzenbacher that oppose nabbing this kid in the later rounds.
Who cares who we nab in the later rounds? When has a 6th or 7th round WR ever made it with the Browns? there is a reason they are still around at the end of the draft, they aren't going to win any football games for ya. every once in a while you unearth a diamond, but believe me, it ain't little snatchenpecker.
Who cares who we nab in the later rounds? When has a 6th or 7th round WR ever made it with the Browns? there is a reason they are still around at the end of the draft, they aren't going to win any football games for ya. every once in a while you unearth a diamond, but believe me, it ain't little snatchenpecker.
You are seriously stupid if you don't think the drafting of players in the 5th, 6th, 7th rounds isn't important.
You seem to have a personal issue with this guy. Did he f**k your girlfriend or something?
The New England Patriots have the best record in the NFL using WRs that are all essentially clones of Dane Sanzenbacher. Small, quick, surehanded guys that know how to get open, that don't necessarily have track star speed.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login