Skip to content

This One is For WRREBEL

The Browns Board
40 14 2.1k
  • Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.

    Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.

    Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

    @wrrebel said:

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

    This is why I make fun of you.

  • Another garbage thread.

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.

    Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

    @wrrebel said:

    Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

    Please show me where I compared the two? I was stating the fact that becuase someone plays/works/coaches for the team they like doesn't mean they are any good. Matter of fact I didn't even mention Grudens name now did I?

    I just think your pissed off because you THINK I was talking about your boy toy.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

    This is why I make fun of you.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    This is why I make fun of you.

    I think hes obsessed with the dude. Im waiting to hear what Grudens morning routine is next.

  • @dawgtracker said:

    Mangini was absolutely ecstatic about coaching in Cleveland because of their long term history

    Unlike Mangini, Gruden knows how to coach a football game.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Unlike Mangini, Gruden knows how to coach a football game.

    Then why did he get fired for winning 4 games his last season with Tampa? That's less them Mangini won this year and Gruden had what, 4 years to turn things around after he took Dungys team to the SB? Looks to me like his plan didn't work out to good there.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    This is why I make fun of you.

    I think hes obsessed with the dude. Im waiting to hear what Grudens morning routine is next.

    @speedyd900rr said:

    I think hes obsessed with the dude. Im waiting to hear what Grudens morning routine is next.

    I thought you would never ask

    goes to bed at 11 p.m. and wakes at 3:17 a.m. for a very early morning workout and a few quiet hours at the office. And he doesnt require a lot of sleep.

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Brady Quinn grew up rooting for the Browns to.

    Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

    @wrrebel said:

    Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

    Gruden likes 317 because that is the area code for central Indiana and he knows the alien mothership is landing there to beam aboard the faithful. (why do I have a vision of WRREBEL sculpting a model of a mountain top out of mashed taters?)

    WRREBEL if you tell us next what kind and color of undies he wears you best change your screen name to JON's_BOY. 😍

  • @wrrebel said:

    Really?? Really your comparing Brady Queen QB to Jon Gruden the coach..

    Not even in the same league dude, brady quinn was never named peoples most beautiful people

    Gruden gets his haircut every 4 weeks by supercuts his lucky number is 317

    Gruden likes 317 because that is the area code for central Indiana and he knows the alien mothership is landing there to beam aboard the faithful. (why do I have a vision of WRREBEL sculpting a model of a mountain top out of mashed taters?)

    WRREBEL if you tell us next what kind and color of undies he wears you best change your screen name to JON's_BOY. 😍

    @longhorn said:

    Gruden likes 317 because that is the area code for central Indiana and he knows the alien mothership is landing there to beam aboard the faithful. (why do I have a vision of WRREBEL sculpting a model of a mountain top out of mashed taters?)

    WRREBEL if you tell us next what kind and color of undies he wears you best change your screen name to JON's_BOY. 😍

    That isnt why its his lucky number. stick to the facts! If i cant trust you to know why its his favorite number how do i know u really know what underwear he wears?

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    I think hes obsessed with the dude. Im waiting to hear what Grudens morning routine is next.

    I thought you would never ask

    goes to bed at 11 p.m. and wakes at 3:17 a.m. for a very early morning workout and a few quiet hours at the office. And he doesnt require a lot of sleep.

    @wrrebel said:

    I thought you would never ask

    goes to bed at 11 p.m. and wakes at 3:17 a.m. for a very early morning workout and a few quiet hours at the office. And he doesnt require a lot of sleep.

    Someone reads people.com. You left out the part about Gruden turning into a knife-wielding killer doll at night. Other wuss NFL coaches just suck on their wife's toes at night. When he is in his Chucky alter-ego Gruden runs the South Central LA Offense where knife and uzi wielding players clear the middle of the field for 95 yard quaterback sneaks.

    GRUDEN > all.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    Unlike Mangini, Gruden knows how to coach a football game.

    Then why did he get fired for winning 4 games his last season with Tampa? That's less them Mangini won this year and Gruden had what, 4 years to turn things around after he took Dungys team to the SB? Looks to me like his plan didn't work out to good there.

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Then why did he get fired for winning 4 games his last season with Tampa? That's less them Mangini won this year and Gruden had what, 4 years to turn things around after he took Dungys team to the SB? Looks to me like his plan didn't work out to good there.

    So would you rather have Marty Mornhinweg or Mike Mularkey, who were both failures in Detroit and Buffalo? Mornhinweg only won 5 games in two years and Mularkey won 14 but never took his team to the playoffs.

  • I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?

    I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?

  • I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?

    I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?

    @the-gipper said:

    I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?

    I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?

    Clay High School in South Bend, IN. Started college at Muskingum, finished at Dayton.

    College year book lists him as most likely to become overrated NFL coach.

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Then why did he get fired for winning 4 games his last season with Tampa? That's less them Mangini won this year and Gruden had what, 4 years to turn things around after he took Dungys team to the SB? Looks to me like his plan didn't work out to good there.

    So would you rather have Marty Mornhinweg or Mike Mularkey, who were both failures in Detroit and Buffalo? Mornhinweg only won 5 games in two years and Mularkey won 14 but never took his team to the playoffs.

    @feartheroo said:

    So would you rather have Marty Mornhinweg or Mike Mularkey, who were both failures in Detroit and Buffalo? Mornhinweg only won 5 games in two years and Mularkey won 14 but never took his team to the playoffs.

    Can I pick none of the above?

  • @feartheroo said:

    So would you rather have Marty Mornhinweg or Mike Mularkey, who were both failures in Detroit and Buffalo? Mornhinweg only won 5 games in two years and Mularkey won 14 but never took his team to the playoffs.

    Can I pick none of the above?

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Can I pick none of the above?

    The point I was trying to make was that everyone is calling Gruden overrated and stuff. But at least he won a Super Bowl, and I have no idea why Holmgren would even consider those guys as head coaches. They both had their chances and fell flat. At least Mangini had a playoff appearance and 2 winning seasons, before he got fired from the Jets.

    So this seems to be the checklist:

    ( ) Pat Shurmur - OC of the Rams for one year, a team that finished 7-9 in the worst division in the history of the NFL

    ( ) Mike Mularkey - 14-18 in 2 seasons as HC of the BILLS

    ( ) Marty Mornhinweg - 5 wins in 2 seasons as HC of the LIONS (WINNER)

    (X) Jon Gruden (doesn't want to return to coaching this year)

    (X) Jim Harbaugh (declined to interview)

    ( ) John Fox - 1 SB appearance, 3 Playoff appearances, 73-71 record

    X - already out of play

    I've always supported Holmgren, but this is beginning to look like a train wreck of candidates. What is he thinking?

    If he just wants to interview failed HC's, why not call Dick Juron, Steve Mariucci, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Romeo Crennel and Butch Davis

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Can I pick none of the above?

    The point I was trying to make was that everyone is calling Gruden overrated and stuff. But at least he won a Super Bowl, and I have no idea why Holmgren would even consider those guys as head coaches. They both had their chances and fell flat. At least Mangini had a playoff appearance and 2 winning seasons, before he got fired from the Jets.

    So this seems to be the checklist:

    ( ) Pat Shurmur - OC of the Rams for one year, a team that finished 7-9 in the worst division in the history of the NFL

    ( ) Mike Mularkey - 14-18 in 2 seasons as HC of the BILLS

    ( ) Marty Mornhinweg - 5 wins in 2 seasons as HC of the LIONS (WINNER)

    (X) Jon Gruden (doesn't want to return to coaching this year)

    (X) Jim Harbaugh (declined to interview)

    ( ) John Fox - 1 SB appearance, 3 Playoff appearances, 73-71 record

    X - already out of play

    I've always supported Holmgren, but this is beginning to look like a train wreck of candidates. What is he thinking?

    If he just wants to interview failed HC's, why not call Dick Juron, Steve Mariucci, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Romeo Crennel and Butch Davis

    @feartheroo said:

    The point I was trying to make was that everyone is calling Gruden overrated and stuff. But at least he won a Super Bowl, and I have no idea why Holmgren would even consider those guys as head coaches. They both had their chances and fell flat. At least Mangini had a playoff appearance and 2 winning seasons, before he got fired from the Jets.

    So this seems to be the checklist:

    ( ) Pat Shurmur - OC of the Rams for one year, a team that finished 7-9 in the worst division in the history of the NFL

    ( ) Mike Mularkey - 14-18 in 2 seasons as HC of the BILLS

    ( ) Marty Mornhinweg - 5 wins in 2 seasons as HC of the LIONS (WINNER)

    (X) Jon Gruden (doesn't want to return to coaching this year)

    (X) Jim Harbaugh (declined to interview)

    ( ) John Fox - 1 SB appearance, 3 Playoff appearances, 73-71 record

    X - already out of play

    I've always supported Holmgren, but this is beginning to look like a train wreck of candidates. What is he thinking?

    If he just wants to interview failed HC's, why not call Dick Juron, Steve Mariucci, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Romeo Crennel and Butch Davis

    Find me the source that says Jon Gruden absolutely won't be coaching in 2011. As far as I know, he has yet to make a decision.

  • @feartheroo said:

    The point I was trying to make was that everyone is calling Gruden overrated and stuff. But at least he won a Super Bowl, and I have no idea why Holmgren would even consider those guys as head coaches. They both had their chances and fell flat. At least Mangini had a playoff appearance and 2 winning seasons, before he got fired from the Jets.

    So this seems to be the checklist:

    ( ) Pat Shurmur - OC of the Rams for one year, a team that finished 7-9 in the worst division in the history of the NFL

    ( ) Mike Mularkey - 14-18 in 2 seasons as HC of the BILLS

    ( ) Marty Mornhinweg - 5 wins in 2 seasons as HC of the LIONS (WINNER)

    (X) Jon Gruden (doesn't want to return to coaching this year)

    (X) Jim Harbaugh (declined to interview)

    ( ) John Fox - 1 SB appearance, 3 Playoff appearances, 73-71 record

    X - already out of play

    I've always supported Holmgren, but this is beginning to look like a train wreck of candidates. What is he thinking?

    If he just wants to interview failed HC's, why not call Dick Juron, Steve Mariucci, Rod Marinelli, Brad Childress, Romeo Crennel and Butch Davis

    Find me the source that says Jon Gruden absolutely won't be coaching in 2011. As far as I know, he has yet to make a decision.

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Find me the source that says Jon Gruden absolutely won't be coaching in 2011. As far as I know, he has yet to make a decision.

    Ask Weasel. He knows everything the guy does before he even does it.

  • I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?

    I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?

    @the-gipper said:

    I see where Gruden's dad went to Orange HS. Where did Jon Gruden go to HS?

    I think he attended Dayton College, didn't he?

    Clay HS, South Bend. Hey, it's THE University of Dayton, hate to admit I graduated from there too. Oh, and I had to check his bio on Wiki- was only the backup quarterback on Dayton's Division III football team, which means he wasn't very good. May have to drive down Evanston in the UD ghetto to see if his house is still standing.

    And since you're into trivia Gipper- what other REAL FAMOUS NFL personage graduated from UD? (no cheating)

  • @longhorn said:

    Gruden likes 317 because that is the area code for central Indiana and he knows the alien mothership is landing there to beam aboard the faithful. (why do I have a vision of WRREBEL sculpting a model of a mountain top out of mashed taters?)

    WRREBEL if you tell us next what kind and color of undies he wears you best change your screen name to JON's_BOY. 😍

    That isnt why its his lucky number. stick to the facts! If i cant trust you to know why its his favorite number how do i know u really know what underwear he wears?

    @wrrebel said:

    That isnt why its his lucky number. stick to the facts! If i cant trust you to know why its his favorite number how do i know u really know what underwear he wears?

    Gruden is the perfect fit for this club and i hope he seriously considers coming to cleveland and coaching again..

    Holmgren needs to get straight to work on it and not take no for an answer!

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ks_clevela.html

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns’ coaching job is a great fit for Jon Gruden, but he doesn’t know if he wants to return to coaching just yet.

    That’s the opinion of one of Gruden’s closest friends — his father.

    Jim Gruden, 73, said he hasn’t talked to Jon, the middle of his three sons, directly about the Browns’ job opening. But the topic may come up when they play golf on Friday.

    "One day he’s up (about returning to coaching) and one day he’s thinking something else," Jim Gruden said, speaking from his home in Tampa, Fla. "I tell him, ’You’re a big boy now, just do what makes you happy.’ He really has a good deal (with ESPN) and my understanding is he’s pretty well thought of on television. He’s getting paid one more year by the Buccaneers.

    "As far as what he’s thinking, he’s got a problem because his son’s (going to be) a senior in high school, playing quarterback and linebacker. He loves watching him play. He helps coach the team. And I just don’t know where he is right now. I don’t know what he’s thinking."

    Jim Gruden, a native of Ohio who attended Orange High School and lived in Solon, was a big Browns fan. Like most fathers of the Paul Brown era, he passed that passion on to his sons. He remembers Jon wearing a No. 44 Browns jersey of his favorite player, Leroy Kelly, and "sliding around in the mud and bringing the mud inside the house."

    Besides the opportunity to coach the team he grew up rooting for, Gruden also has a long relationship with Browns President Mike Holmgren.

    Jim Gruden was a 49ers college scout when Holmgren was the team’s offensive coordinator. Holmgren hired Jon for what later was termed "quality control coach." One of Jon’s first projects for Holmgren was to devise a program to store Holmgren’s offensive playbook on computer.

    "Jon didn’t know anything about computers, but he hired some guy from Silicon Valley to teach him all about them," Jim said. "When Mike came back from vacation, Jon had the whole offense on computer disks and set up a program that a lot of teams started to use.

    "When Mike got the (head coach) job in Green Bay, Jon was at University of Pittsburgh and Mike called him and said, ’Make sure you bring those disks with you.’ They have a great relationship.

    "There’s a lot of things there that are perfect for him. It starts with the front office. You’ve got to be careful in this league anymore to look at the way the front office is operating. You’ve got a guy like Mike, who really is the one that brought Jon into the league. He thinks as highly of Mike Holmgren as anybody.

    "Yes, the Cleveland Browns are a great fit. That was his favorite team as a kid and he knows it was his dad’s favorite team, too. But whether he wants to get back into the rat race, I don’t know. Because it is a rat race. A lot of hours and every year in the fishbowl. He did that for 11 years as a head coach, and three more as an assistant in Philadelphia."

    Jim Gruden said his son still has the coaching bug.

    "He’s been doing all these games for ESPN," Jim said. "He has a little office about a mile from his house and he goes in at about 3:30 every morning and watches film, just like he did when he was coaching."

    Efforts to reach Gruden through ESPN have been unsuccessful. Gruden’s next assignment is on ESPN’s radio coverage of the BCS Championship game on Monday.

    Holmgren said this week that he has not contacted Gruden about the Browns’ job. The Browns are not commenting on any potential candidate.

    Gruden has been a head coach in Oakland and Tampa, but he espouses the style of offense necessary to win in the Midwest when the weather turns bad.

    "He’s gonna run the ball, if that’s what you mean," his dad said. "But you’ve got to have a great quarterback, too. You’re not gonna win without one. You’ve got (Ben) Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh, (Joe) Flacco in Baltimore. He really likes your quarterback, I know that."

    Gruden spent a lot of time with Colt McCoy prior to the 2010 draft for a popular ESPN series called "Gruden’s QB Camp." Holmgren consulted Gruden before the Browns drafted McCoy in the third round.

    That's great man!!

    "strangers in the night exchanging glances, wonder if tonight what are the chances"

    @wrrebel said:

    That's great man!!

    "strangers in the night exchanging glances, wonder if tonight what are the chances"

    Here is the perfect song..It fits you to a tee WRREBEL

    Day after day alone on the hill

    The man with the foolish grin

    is keeping perfectly still

    But nobody wants to know him

    They can see that he's just a fool

    And he never gives an answer

    But the fool on the hill

    sees the sun going down

    And the eyes in his head

    See the world spinning round

    Well on the way, his head in a cloud

    The man of a thousand voices

    is talking perfectly loud

    But nobody ever hears him

    Or the sound he appears to make

    And he never seems to notice

    But the fool on the hill

    sees the sun going down

    And the eyes in his head

    [ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/beatles-lyri...-4)-lyrics.html]

    See the world spinning round

    And nobody seems to like him

    they can tell what he wants to do

    And he never shows his feelings

    But the fool on the hill

    sees the sun going down

    And the eyes in his head

    See the world spinning round