Mangini A Real Class Act!
-
Put him in the front office. A guy like Mangini would be great to keep with the Browns in some capacity.
-
I am sorry to see him go. This team was severely lacking in common sense and class and he brought it in a big way. I also happen to think he's a good coach and will be successful wherever he lands.
-
I am sorry to see him go. This team was severely lacking in common sense and class and he brought it in a big way. I also happen to think he's a good coach and will be successful wherever he lands.
I am sorry to see him go. This team was severely lacking in common sense and class and he brought it in a big way. I also happen to think he's a good coach and will be successful wherever he lands.
I'm with you. What really pisses me off is that everytime I hear one of them douche bag radio/TV guys talk about the what we need in the next head coach; they are explaining Mangini to a "T"!!! Holmgren better have a plan because it is going to be hard to improve on a guy like Mangini. I urge everyone to go back and watch any game from 99-2008 and then watch 2010 (2009 was little more than damage control) and tell me he didn't make enormous strides changing the culture, attitude, and team chemistry. Which, in my opinion, is EXACTLY how you build a consistant winner. Once those things are in place, you can infuse talent. We started that last year with Haden, Ward, McCoy, Brown, and Hillis. One more off-season with Mangini and we would have had a long-term competitive team. Now, it's anyone's guess what will happen but I do know that firing him was the wrong move.
The good news is, he finally established something here and has made the next coach's job WAAAAAAAAAY easier than it was for him when he arrived. The player's alone have learned what it takes to be pro football players and that will help the next guy out tremendously.
-
Mangini is a good man who will be missed. He transformed a "crowd" into a TEAM & that alone was a tremendous accomplishment.
I wish him good luck.
Mike
-
Put him in the front office. A guy like Mangini would be great to keep with the Browns in some capacity.
Put him in the front office. A guy like Mangini would be great to keep with the Browns in some capacity.
Yeah calfox, afterall he did a great job in the front office his first year here..Muhahahahaha
Lets put him in charge of college scouting so he can booger the team up for 5 years trying to build his imaginary dream team instead of the coaches, i dont even want him for a ball boy!
The further away from berea this guy is the better..he has loser and bad luck ingrained into everything he "wants" or tries to do..
I wish eric mangini and his family the best but he isnt going anywhere unless he recreates himself , his philosophy and his thought patterns on some of the very basic things a coach has to do to win in the nfl..
Honestly i honestly question if he could have success as a collegiate coach..
-
Put him in the front office. A guy like Mangini would be great to keep with the Browns in some capacity.
Yeah calfox, afterall he did a great job in the front office his first year here..Muhahahahaha
Lets put him in charge of college scouting so he can booger the team up for 5 years trying to build his imaginary dream team instead of the coaches, i dont even want him for a ball boy!
The further away from berea this guy is the better..he has loser and bad luck ingrained into everything he "wants" or tries to do..
I wish eric mangini and his family the best but he isnt going anywhere unless he recreates himself , his philosophy and his thought patterns on some of the very basic things a coach has to do to win in the nfl..
Honestly i honestly question if he could have success as a collegiate coach..
Yeah calfox, afterall he did a great job in the front office his first year here..Muhahahahaha
Lets put him in charge of college scouting so he can booger the team up for 5 years trying to build his imaginary dream team instead of the coaches, i dont even want him for a ball boy!
The further away from berea this guy is the better..he has loser and bad luck ingrained into everything he "wants" or tries to do..
I wish eric mangini and his family the best but he isnt going anywhere unless he recreates himself , his philosophy and his thought patterns on some of the very basic things a coach has to do to win in the nfl..
Honestly i honestly question if he could have success as a collegiate coach..
Okay....you couldn't wait to get Mangini out of here, and he's gone. Now what?? I'm not sold on Holmgren being the saviour. If, by the end of next season, we are 5 - 11 again, are you ready to fire Holmgren's ass? I was in favor of giving Mangini more time, up until the game against Pissburg. I really believe at some point before the Buffalo game, the players found out that Mangini was gone....no matter what happened. You could see the difference in the intensity of their play....I think they knew it didn't matter, and he knew it. You can kick Mangini all you want, but I personally saw the difference in motivation, penalties, and intensity once Mangini came in here. The defensive play was better....the whole team looked better. It was no fluke....beating the New England and New Orleans. I have no idea why are so bitter against Mangini. I just hope to Hell that Holmgren turns this team around by next season, or by your standards, it's time to make another change.
-
"I have to make a change"
I don't like that one bit from Holmgren. It shows insecurity. Getting rid of a good coach because of pressure shows weakness. I know ultimately the fans pay your salary but that doesn't mean you should listen to them. As a whole, they are an ignorant breed that only think one game ahead or behind and do not see the big picture. Sadly, I know the organization made a mistake with this move, my only hope is that Mangini made enough headway for the next coach to be successful.
-
i finally put gips on ignore. he posts the same shit almost verbatim to the cleveland.com boards. same old, longwinded bullshit.
-
its cuz hes a steelers fan
-
Its the difference between Cleveland and Pittsburgh..stability..and patience
Giving Mangini 24 months to straighten out the horses**t he took over is really sort of absurd when you think about it.
He had 2 winning seasons in NY and made undeniable progress here in Cleveland..
ITS ON HOLMGREN NOW..THE CLOCK IS TICKING...WIN NOW
REASONING: Holmgren fired Mangini because he felt he didn't win enough games, so he felt that there was enough
talent to win now..so 6 or 7 wins will not be acceptable correct? or does he get to rebuild for 2 years..depressing
-
We know Mangini tried hard to make this franchise win.
And we thank him for that.
We also know now that he is the one who can leave with class.
There's no discussion: anything less than 8-8 next year is a failure for the Walrus, at least as far as I'm concerned.
And I'm one of those who wanted Mangini to leave.
-
"I have to make a change"
I don't like that one bit from Holmgren. It shows insecurity. Getting rid of a good coach because of pressure shows weakness. I know ultimately the fans pay your salary but that doesn't mean you should listen to them. As a whole, they are an ignorant breed that only think one game ahead or behind and do not see the big picture. Sadly, I know the organization made a mistake with this move, my only hope is that Mangini made enough headway for the next coach to be successful.
"I have to make a change"
I don't like that one bit from Holmgren. It shows insecurity. Getting rid of a good coach because of pressure shows weakness. I know ultimately the fans pay your salary but that doesn't mean you should listen to them. As a whole, they are an ignorant breed that only think one game ahead or behind and do not see the big picture. Sadly, I know the organization made a mistake with this move, my only hope is that Mangini made enough headway for the next coach to be successful.
So you have no faith in Holgrem a guy who's taken team to the SB 3 times but your all in love with a sub .500 HC because of some perceived progress he made. Mangini seemed to be a good disciplinarian but not a winner. He had 2 good years in NY based mostly on what he inherited then ran them into the ground.
He wasn't fired because of pressure from fans he was fired because he didn't win.
-
I like Mangini. He is way better than what he replaced on the field in the personnel decision process. He is the best coach we had since reborn in 99.
Players like to play for him and they play hard and he can be an adequate coach
Now the real question, can he be an elite coach who always has his team in the hunt
Based on so far the answer is no.
The main reason I say this is because Offensively the Browns are vanilla and weak and he does NOT show he has the vision to run a high power offense.
And having a high power offense is the Head Coach's job not the OC
Further Offense wins Championships and ours right now is one of the worst in the league NOT even middle of the pack
The OC and DC reflect the Head Coach and often are given way too much credit for the roles.
That all said, I believe Holmgren wanted to be able to shoot a bigger gun and that is why Mangini is gone. I also believe that Holmgren also believes offense wins championships
I hope Mangini does well, however, I am not upset he is gone unless of course we replace with the likes of Fox or Gruden which is NO potential for improvement
-
"I have to make a change"
I don't like that one bit from Holmgren. It shows insecurity. Getting rid of a good coach because of pressure shows weakness. I know ultimately the fans pay your salary but that doesn't mean you should listen to them. As a whole, they are an ignorant breed that only think one game ahead or behind and do not see the big picture. Sadly, I know the organization made a mistake with this move, my only hope is that Mangini made enough headway for the next coach to be successful.
So you have no faith in Holgrem a guy who's taken team to the SB 3 times but your all in love with a sub .500 HC because of some perceived progress he made. Mangini seemed to be a good disciplinarian but not a winner. He had 2 good years in NY based mostly on what he inherited then ran them into the ground.
He wasn't fired because of pressure from fans he was fired because he didn't win.
So you have no faith in Holgrem a guy who's taken team to the SB 3 times but your all in love with a sub .500 HC because of some perceived progress he made. Mangini seemed to be a good disciplinarian but not a winner. He had 2 good years in NY based mostly on what he inherited then ran them into the ground.
He wasn't fired because of pressure from fans he was fired because he didn't win.
Are you serious?! Mangini inherited a 4-12 Jets team and made them a 10-6 team in his first year. He had a bad second year and went 9-7 the final year. Brett Favre played terribly and cost Mangini his job. So if 9-7 is running a team into the ground, I would love to be "run into the ground." Why do you think the jets drafted Sanchez with Rex Ryan? Because they didn't have a QB and that was the one big thing missing from their team.
Mangini's big flaw is not being able to judge QB talent. He liked Clemmons, Ratliff, an old Favre under a new system, and Delhomme. Granted, Holmgren brought in Delhomme and also Colt McCoy. That's why I would have stuck with Mangini and got an offensive coordinator that could have helped develop Colt McCoy. That said I trust Holmgren will pick a good coach. But if the next coach fails, (less than 8-8 record next year) then yes I will lose all faith in Holmgren...
-
"I have to make a change"
I don't like that one bit from Holmgren. It shows insecurity. Getting rid of a good coach because of pressure shows weakness. I know ultimately the fans pay your salary but that doesn't mean you should listen to them. As a whole, they are an ignorant breed that only think one game ahead or behind and do not see the big picture. Sadly, I know the organization made a mistake with this move, my only hope is that Mangini made enough headway for the next coach to be successful.
So you have no faith in Holgrem a guy who's taken team to the SB 3 times but your all in love with a sub .500 HC because of some perceived progress he made. Mangini seemed to be a good disciplinarian but not a winner. He had 2 good years in NY based mostly on what he inherited then ran them into the ground.
He wasn't fired because of pressure from fans he was fired because he didn't win.
So you have no faith in Holgrem a guy who's taken team to the SB 3 times but your all in love with a sub .500 HC because of some perceived progress he made. Mangini seemed to be a good disciplinarian but not a winner. He had 2 good years in NY based mostly on what he inherited then ran them into the ground.
He wasn't fired because of pressure from fans he was fired because he didn't win.
Well Holmgren had Montana, Favre and Hasselback
2 HOF'ers and a very good NFL QB
Mangini had Quinn, Anderson, Delhomme, Wallace,Colt
2 guys who were 3rd string in 2010 and out of league in 2011(BQ and DA) a washed up JD, a career back up SW and a 3rd RD ROOKIE draft pick
Comparisions are absurd
So Holmgren and WHOMEVER is the coach should be a play off team in 2011..correct
-
I like Mangini. He is way better than what he replaced on the field in the personnel decision process. He is the best coach we had since reborn in 99.
Players like to play for him and they play hard and he can be an adequate coach
Now the real question, can he be an elite coach who always has his team in the hunt
Based on so far the answer is no.
The main reason I say this is because Offensively the Browns are vanilla and weak and he does NOT show he has the vision to run a high power offense.
And having a high power offense is the Head Coach's job not the OC
Further Offense wins Championships and ours right now is one of the worst in the league NOT even middle of the pack
The OC and DC reflect the Head Coach and often are given way too much credit for the roles.
That all said, I believe Holmgren wanted to be able to shoot a bigger gun and that is why Mangini is gone. I also believe that Holmgren also believes offense wins championships
I hope Mangini does well, however, I am not upset he is gone unless of course we replace with the likes of Fox or Gruden which is NO potential for improvement
I like Mangini. He is way better than what he replaced on the field in the personnel decision process. He is the best coach we had since reborn in 99.
Players like to play for him and they play hard and he can be an adequate coach
Now the real question, can he be an elite coach who always has his team in the hunt
Based on so far the answer is no.
The main reason I say this is because Offensively the Browns are vanilla and weak and he does NOT show he has the vision to run a high power offense.
And having a high power offense is the Head Coach's job not the OC
Further Offense wins Championships and ours right now is one of the worst in the league NOT even middle of the pack
The OC and DC reflect the Head Coach and often are given way too much credit for the roles.
That all said, I believe Holmgren wanted to be able to shoot a bigger gun and that is why Mangini is gone. I also believe that Holmgren also believes offense wins championships
I hope Mangini does well, however, I am not upset he is gone unless of course we replace with the likes of Fox or Gruden which is NO potential for improvement
Can you post without spewing your "offense wins championships" crap? I'm not sure its possible

-
So you have no faith in Holgrem a guy who's taken team to the SB 3 times but your all in love with a sub .500 HC because of some perceived progress he made. Mangini seemed to be a good disciplinarian but not a winner. He had 2 good years in NY based mostly on what he inherited then ran them into the ground.
He wasn't fired because of pressure from fans he was fired because he didn't win.
Well Holmgren had Montana, Favre and Hasselback
2 HOF'ers and a very good NFL QB
Mangini had Quinn, Anderson, Delhomme, Wallace,Colt
2 guys who were 3rd string in 2010 and out of league in 2011(BQ and DA) a washed up JD, a career back up SW and a 3rd RD ROOKIE draft pick
Comparisions are absurd
So Holmgren and WHOMEVER is the coach should be a play off team in 2011..correct
So Holmgren and WHOMEVER is the coach should be a play off team in 2011..correct
Ideally yes, but if not and the Browns are 9-7 or even 8-8 next year as long as they can beat teams with 1 win or teams who are on a 10 game losing streak that would be acceptable.
Most players coaches and fans want to get to the playoffs. I'm not sure what Manginites want maybe 6-10 or 9-7 while being in or at least AT every game. You'all seem pretty happy w ith back to back 5-11's.
-
I like Mangini. He is way better than what he replaced on the field in the personnel decision process. He is the best coach we had since reborn in 99.
Players like to play for him and they play hard and he can be an adequate coach
Now the real question, can he be an elite coach who always has his team in the hunt
Based on so far the answer is no.
The main reason I say this is because Offensively the Browns are vanilla and weak and he does NOT show he has the vision to run a high power offense.
And having a high power offense is the Head Coach's job not the OC
Further Offense wins Championships and ours right now is one of the worst in the league NOT even middle of the pack
The OC and DC reflect the Head Coach and often are given way too much credit for the roles.
That all said, I believe Holmgren wanted to be able to shoot a bigger gun and that is why Mangini is gone. I also believe that Holmgren also believes offense wins championships
I hope Mangini does well, however, I am not upset he is gone unless of course we replace with the likes of Fox or Gruden which is NO potential for improvement
Can you post without spewing your "offense wins championships" crap? I'm not sure its possible

Can you post without spewing your "offense wins championships" crap? I'm not sure its possible

When you figure out it is true....instead of calling it "sprewing.... crap".......I wont have to say it anymore.
Gotta teach the kids what brings winning........your support is needed!!
Maybe you'll get it some day, until then peace bro
-
"I have to make a change"
I don't like that one bit from Holmgren. It shows insecurity. Getting rid of a good coach because of pressure shows weakness. I know ultimately the fans pay your salary but that doesn't mean you should listen to them. As a whole, they are an ignorant breed that only think one game ahead or behind and do not see the big picture. Sadly, I know the organization made a mistake with this move, my only hope is that Mangini made enough headway for the next coach to be successful.
So you have no faith in Holgrem a guy who's taken team to the SB 3 times but your all in love with a sub .500 HC because of some perceived progress he made. Mangini seemed to be a good disciplinarian but not a winner. He had 2 good years in NY based mostly on what he inherited then ran them into the ground.
He wasn't fired because of pressure from fans he was fired because he didn't win.
So you have no faith in Holgrem a guy who's taken team to the SB 3 times but your all in love with a sub .500 HC because of some perceived progress he made. Mangini seemed to be a good disciplinarian but not a winner. He had 2 good years in NY based mostly on what he inherited then ran them into the ground.
He wasn't fired because of pressure from fans he was fired because he didn't win.
There is so much that is incorrect in this statement that I honestly don't know where to start.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login