Skip to content

2011 Mock Drafts

The Browns Board
43 14 3.0k
  • @clevelandbigdawg said:

    Nick Fairly looked terrific. He looked like Ndamukung(sp?) Suh tonight. Any team would be lucky to have him, 3-4 or 4-3. Fairly may be the best option for us as I dont see Bowers being available, and Green could be gone too.

    I like what I saw from Casey Matthews too. I wanted him on name alone, but tonights game showed he can play. He just needs to fine tune his game.

    If LaMichael James decides to come out (which I doubt), he would be sweet, but we dont need a RB as high as he would go.

    On a somewhat related note. I like the coaching move Chizic made sending the FG unit out there with 10 sec. making Oregon use(waste) their last timeout in attempts to "ice" the kicker, then sending the offense out there to set up a field goal for when time expired. When they sent the FG unit out I figured thats what they were doing, but I never would have thought to do that originally.

    Farley definitely moved into the top five with that game against Oregon. Cam Newton played well enough the Cardinals may take a shot at him.

    Now who won't take Green? That would be the Cardinals. Yeah I saw Walter's has Carolina taking Green @ #1, but who's going to get him the ball? Clausen? Har har. Denver's going to go D, but a CB @ #2? Even if Champ Bailey departs, I don't see it- not for a team that was dead last in defensive sacks.

    With Stinko coming back to the Bengals, a #1 wr isn't a s big a priority as someone, anyone that can generate a pass rush.

    So yeah, possibility Green might fall to the Browns, and if he does, it will take about 1\2 second for the Browns to claim him. If he's gone, and the other four picks going defense, I could see the Browns trying to trade back and get an extra second round pick.

    @hoorta said:

    Farley definitely moved into the top five with that game against Oregon. Cam Newton played well enough the Cardinals may take a shot at him.

    Now who won't take Green? That would be the Cardinals. Yeah I saw Walter's has Carolina taking Green @ #1, but who's going to get him the ball? Clausen? Har har. Denver's going to go D, but a CB @ #2? Even if Champ Bailey departs, I don't see it- not for a team that was dead last in defensive sacks.

    With Stinko coming back to the Bengals, a #1 wr isn't a s big a priority as someone, anyone that can generate a pass rush.

    So yeah, possibility Green might fall to the Browns, and if he does, it will take about 1\2 second for the Browns to claim him. If he's gone, and the other four picks going defense, I could see the Browns trying to trade back and get an extra second round pick.

    We really need a scoring threat. Trading back is too risky. Alot of these projections will be tossed out after combines also.

  • Jones didn't show hands problems nearly as much last year, especially down the stretch. He's a great fit for the WCO.

    Nick Fairley may have played himself into the conversation for #1 overall. He's a farging beast. If we stay in our two-gap 3-4, though, I'm not sure that's the best use of his talents. He might dominate as a one-gap in the 4-3. If we switch to a 4-3, he and Rubin (also very active) would be an incredible tandem. I have no clue what the plan is on defense.

    For my money, I'd take either Green or Jones first, the Georgia 3-4 OLB second, and a 3-4 DE in round 3. Fourth is a right side blocker, because with Pashos, Lauvao, Yates, and Womack all returning, I'm not convinced we don't have an answer already on the team. I think Lauvao takes over at RG almost for sure. Free agency obviously figures in.

  • Trade back in the first

    1st.Blackmon or Jones

    2nd. Insert best pash rusher whether its Justin Houston Georgia or whomever may drop (cam heyward) Laurnatis and Mualaga both dropped and were projected first round

    3rd.Best RT available

    4th. Casey Matthews!!! trade up if you have to grab him

    That would be my best scerniao also if we trade back and grab Jones or Blackmon then we'd have another pick somewhere in there as well

    Because honestly Jones or Blackmon could be had around Mid First round no need to take them with #6 overall unless of course AJ Green is there and then theres no need to have this conversation

  • If the Browns got A.J. Green and Justin Houston in rounds 1 and 2, it'd be an absolutely amazing draft addressing our two biggest issues at a very high level. I'd consider moving Fujita inside with Gocong and starting Benard and Houston on the outside. I'd also like to keep DQJ on the cheap for at least one year, see how he does.

    Third round for a right tackle would be great, then. Like I said elsewhere, Pashos, Womack, Lauvao, and Yates will return and we can have the starting right side we never fielded last year (probably Lauvao and Pashos) while the rook gets his redshirt year like Lauvao did.

  • Washington Post mock, we take Julio Jones.

    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/box-seats...essary_201.html

  • Washington Post mock, we take Julio Jones.

    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/box-seats...essary_201.html

    @shepwrite said:

    Washington Post mock, we take Julio Jones.

    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/box-seats...essary_201.html

    I see the Broncos, Bills, and Bengals all going defense. The X factor is what Carolina will do with the #1 pick. Green is a rare talent for sure, but Clausen flat-out sucks. Problem is Cam Newton is not #1 overall material. Frankly in the Championship game, he looked like a much better version of Aaron Pryor. Kid's got the arm and athletic ability, but does he have the smarts? Anyone can look great if they have all day to throw, and CN won't have that luxury in the pros- is he Michael Vick, or Jamarcus Russell?

    I could see us taking Jones, but not at #6.

    And I don't project Mallett making the top 10, much less the top 20.

  • Julio Jones is NOT a top-6 talent. Friends don't let friends read the Washington Post.

    The choice has to be between Dareus or Quinn, whichever one Arizona doesn't take. Sure, keep up the pipe dream: If AJ Green is available, we take him.. but that won't happen.

  • Julio Jones is NOT a top-6 talent. Friends don't let friends read the Washington Post.

    The choice has to be between Dareus or Quinn, whichever one Arizona doesn't take. Sure, keep up the pipe dream: If AJ Green is available, we take him.. but that won't happen.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Julio Jones is NOT a top-6 talent. Friends don't let friends read the Washington Post.

    The choice has to be between Dareus or Quinn, whichever one Arizona doesn't take. Sure, keep up the pipe dream: If AJ Green is available, we take him.. but that won't happen.

    Excatly hes not top 10 talent but why not trade back and grab him or say Blackmon while still picking up additional picks thats the smartest move we could make...Robert Quinn hasnt played in a full season and Dareus is a risk pick due to production consitincy...So whats the logic move trade back because Green most likely wont be there and take Jones or Blackmon...Grab a playmaking Pass Rusher with are 2nd round choice there will be plenty there that wont have the gamble as picking one at the #6 overall selection

  • Browns History of selections in case you've forgotten

    WRs/TEs drafted by Cleveland since rejoining 1999

    Bryalon Edwards- Clearly not worth the #3 overall selection knew this at the time but we did it anyways still hes making for NYJ still right now

    Kellen Winslow Jr-Knee problems here in Cleveland never played up to potential has had a decent career while still being productive for TB

    D Lineman/Pass Russers Drafted by Cleveland

    Courtney Brown-Ouch

    Gerald Warren- Damn aint it sad

    Kameron Wimberly- Decent Production for Oakland but got the boot from Cleveland because we didnt want him

    Which route would you perfer?

  • Jones is already top 15... I wouldn't draw any conclusions about where he lands just yet. A good workout and a nice 40 with that size? All of a sudden he's the gotta-have-him guy. Floyd's gonna rise like crazy, too.

    It's really early. A few playmakers always rise late. We've already got our DL (Bowers, Fairley, Dareus) and corners (Peterson and the Prince)... and the passrusher (Quinn)... but aside from Green, the guys who score points are TBD. Gabbert, Newton, and Mallett will fight it out but almost certainly one ends up in the top five. Gabbert has the size, athleticism, NFL arm, and quick release, so don't be shocked if he continues his rise.

    Between Jones, Floyd, Baldwin, and Blackmon (if he comes out), one will land squarely in the top 10 soon... plenty high to go #6 to a receiver starved team.

  • Browns History of selections in case you've forgotten

    WRs/TEs drafted by Cleveland since rejoining 1999

    Bryalon Edwards- Clearly not worth the #3 overall selection knew this at the time but we did it anyways still hes making for NYJ still right now

    Kellen Winslow Jr-Knee problems here in Cleveland never played up to potential has had a decent career while still being productive for TB

    D Lineman/Pass Russers Drafted by Cleveland

    Courtney Brown-Ouch

    Gerald Warren- Damn aint it sad

    Kameron Wimberly- Decent Production for Oakland but got the boot from Cleveland because we didnt want him

    Which route would you perfer?

    @nw220 said:

    Browns History of selections in case you've forgotten

    WRs/TEs drafted by Cleveland since rejoining 1999

    Bryalon Edwards- Clearly not worth the #3 overall selection knew this at the time but we did it anyways still hes making for NYJ still right now

    Kellen Winslow Jr-Knee problems here in Cleveland never played up to potential has had a decent career while still being productive for TB

    D Lineman/Pass Russers Drafted by Cleveland

    Courtney Brown-Ouch

    Gerald Warren- Damn aint it sad

    Kameron Wimberly- Decent Production for Oakland but got the boot from Cleveland because we didnt want him

    Which route would you perfer?

    Maybe then we should draft an offensive lineman? We have done fairly well there: Joe Thomas and Alex Mack.

  • I see a lot of mock drafts having scam newton going in the first RD. The guy has bust written all over him.. I feel bad for what ever team drafts him..

    It isnt going to be hard to confuse the kid..

  • What is the Vegas line on Newton's Wonderlic score?

    over/under around 15-16??

    Or is he the real deal?

  • What is the Vegas line on Newton's Wonderlic score?

    over/under around 15-16??

    Or is he the real deal?

    @hammertime said:

    What is the Vegas line on Newton's Wonderlic score?

    over/under around 15-16??

    Or is he the real deal?

    Haha it has to be high on the under..

    You know how to confuse can newton? Ask him what 5 x 9 is

  • @shepwrite said:

    Washington Post mock, we take Julio Jones.

    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/box-seats...essary_201.html

    I see the Broncos, Bills, and Bengals all going defense. The X factor is what Carolina will do with the #1 pick. Green is a rare talent for sure, but Clausen flat-out sucks. Problem is Cam Newton is not #1 overall material. Frankly in the Championship game, he looked like a much better version of Aaron Pryor. Kid's got the arm and athletic ability, but does he have the smarts? Anyone can look great if they have all day to throw, and CN won't have that luxury in the pros- is he Michael Vick, or Jamarcus Russell?

    I could see us taking Jones, but not at #6.

    And I don't project Mallett making the top 10, much less the top 20.

    @hoorta said:

    I see the Broncos, Bills, and Bengals all going defense. The X factor is what Carolina will do with the #1 pick. Green is a rare talent for sure, but Clausen flat-out sucks. Problem is Cam Newton is not #1 overall material. Frankly in the Championship game, he looked like a much better version of Aaron Pryor. Kid's got the arm and athletic ability, but does he have the smarts? Anyone can look great if they have all day to throw, and CN won't have that luxury in the pros- is he Michael Vick, or Jamarcus Russell?

    I could see us taking Jones, but not at #6.

    And I don't project Mallett making the top 10, much less the top 20.

    That is why I see Carolina trading down a bit, and whoever moves up probably isn't making the move for Green. My thinking says they are looking for a Fairly.

    With him off the board, one of the teams like Cincy who on paper are looking for D help end up taking Green.

  • If the Bengals don't take Cam Newton I'll be shocked. He is the ultimate Mike Brown pick (one year starter, Heisman winner, gimmick offense, history of maturity problems).

  • Andrew Perloff (smart SI guy) says Browns get A.J. Green:

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writ...raft/index.html