Skip to content

Draft Status

The Browns Board
22 15 1.9k
  • Depends on what happens in Seattle's game. If they win, we'll pick 4th.

    We're going to have a shot at some great players: not only Curry, but possibly Michael Crabtree.

  • Its official we pick 5th!

    Here are the top five teams that will draft...

    Detroit Lions

    St. Louis Rams

    Kansas City Chiefs

    Seattle Seahawks

    Cleveland Browns

    We do not have a third-round pick or a fifth-round pick in 2009.

  • Depends on what happens in Seattle's game. If they win, we'll pick 4th.

    We're going to have a shot at some great players: not only Curry, but possibly Michael Crabtree.

    Aloysius said:

    Depends on what happens in Seattle's game. If they win, we'll pick 4th.

    We're going to have a shot at some great players: not only Curry, but possibly Michael Crabtree.

    Crabtree?! Hell no. I'm 100% sure the Lions will take him. 😆

  • Ha. They could actually use another wide receiver, considering how they traded Roy Williams to Dallas (that trade looks incredible for them, by the way).

    I was hoping Seattle would win today so that both they and Oakland would be behind us in the draft order. Both teams could use a true #1 receiver. We probably could use that to get a ton of picks out of Crazy Al.

    But now I'm guessing that Seattle will take Crabtree, unless they go LT or absolutely fall in love with Taylor Mays.

  • mays is definitely looking like an option for them. their new HC, jim mora, jr., is a former DB coach and one of their current safeties is brian russell, who's been looking like the player we expected him to be when we released him.

  • I think we should trade down to picks 7-12 and get an additional 2nd round pick

  • we need a linebacker first and overall

  • I think we should trade down to picks 7-12 and get an additional 2nd round pick

    @playgroundlegend said:

    I think we should trade down to picks 7-12 and get an additional 2nd round pick

    I was thinking the very same thing.

  • @playgroundlegend said:

    I think we should trade down to picks 7-12 and get an additional 2nd round pick

    I was thinking the very same thing.

    mz. said:

    I was thinking the very same thing.

    Not a bad idea. Trade Derek Anderson to the Jets for their 3rd round pick in 2009 and a 4th in 2010, since it looks like Favre might hang it up. Since the Lions need a WR, trade Edwards back to Michigan where he belongs for the Lions 3rd Round pick in 2009 and 2010. Then, take the two third round picks in 2009, trade them to get back into the bottom of Round 1. We trade down a bit in the 7 to 10 range, grab Aaron Curry or Mauluga and then grab Shon Greene in the bottom of the first round as well.

    Then go get ourselves a WR in the 2nd or sign someone like Anquin Boldin.

  • mays is definitely looking like an option for them. their new HC, jim mora, jr., is a former DB coach and one of their current safeties is brian russell, who's been looking like the player we expected him to be when we released him.

    @jewdago said:

    mays is definitely looking like an option for them. their new HC, jim mora, jr., is a former DB coach and one of their current safeties is brian russell, who's been looking like the player we expected him to be when we released him.

    Another interesting scenario for them would be if Sam Bradford declares and Detroit passes on him, either because they've signed Cassel or because they want a guy who can start right away (Bradford's age (21) may be a concern to some teams).

    Given that Hasselbeck is aging and is only under contract for two more seasons, do the Seahawks take Bradford and let him sit on the sidelines for a year or two? Mora may want to fill more immediate needs, but I could see him going after a young QB who will give him a shot at long-term success, something Michael Vick screwed him out of in Atlanta.

  • Mora jr. has the pedigree to get the job done if needed, his problems in atlanta stemmed from Vick.

  • @jewdago said:

    mays is definitely looking like an option for them. their new HC, jim mora, jr., is a former DB coach and one of their current safeties is brian russell, who's been looking like the player we expected him to be when we released him.

    Another interesting scenario for them would be if Sam Bradford declares and Detroit passes on him, either because they've signed Cassel or because they want a guy who can start right away (Bradford's age (21) may be a concern to some teams).

    Given that Hasselbeck is aging and is only under contract for two more seasons, do the Seahawks take Bradford and let him sit on the sidelines for a year or two? Mora may want to fill more immediate needs, but I could see him going after a young QB who will give him a shot at long-term success, something Michael Vick screwed him out of in Atlanta.

    Aloysius said:

    Another interesting scenario for them would be if Sam Bradford declares and Detroit passes on him, either because they've signed Cassel or because they want a guy who can start right away (Bradford's age (21) may be a concern to some teams).

    Given that Hasselbeck is aging and is only under contract for two more seasons, do the Seahawks take Bradford and let him sit on the sidelines for a year or two? Mora may want to fill more immediate needs, but I could see him going after a young QB who will give him a shot at long-term success, something Michael Vick screwed him out of in Atlanta.

    Detroit might be wary of Bradford's age, but they already have the dictionary definition of "placeholder" (Jon Kitna) already on the roster, assuming they can convince him to get over his hurt feelings about the whole IR thing.

    As for Mora, I dunno. Vick was a lousy QB, but it might help if I could remember anything about his tenure as head coach. He's kind of like Pete Carroll had he not gone to USC--you seem to remember that he used to coach somewhere, but that's about it.

    Dennis

  • Aloysius said:

    Another interesting scenario for them would be if Sam Bradford declares and Detroit passes on him, either because they've signed Cassel or because they want a guy who can start right away (Bradford's age (21) may be a concern to some teams).

    Given that Hasselbeck is aging and is only under contract for two more seasons, do the Seahawks take Bradford and let him sit on the sidelines for a year or two? Mora may want to fill more immediate needs, but I could see him going after a young QB who will give him a shot at long-term success, something Michael Vick screwed him out of in Atlanta.

    Detroit might be wary of Bradford's age, but they already have the dictionary definition of "placeholder" (Jon Kitna) already on the roster, assuming they can convince him to get over his hurt feelings about the whole IR thing.

    As for Mora, I dunno. Vick was a lousy QB, but it might help if I could remember anything about his tenure as head coach. He's kind of like Pete Carroll had he not gone to USC--you seem to remember that he used to coach somewhere, but that's about it.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    Detroit might be wary of Bradford's age, but they already have the dictionary definition of "placeholder" (Jon Kitna) already on the roster, assuming they can convince him to get over his hurt feelings about the whole IR thing.

    As for Mora, I dunno. Vick was a lousy QB, but it might help if I could remember anything about his tenure as head coach. He's kind of like Pete Carroll had he not gone to USC--you seem to remember that he used to coach somewhere, but that's about it.

    Dennis

    Detriot KC, St Louis, Minn, Jets and Seattle all should be looking QB for next year. Cassell goes to the biggest spender. If Bradford comes out we have a harder time getting something decent for Anderson.

  • I thought we did not have a 2nd round pick this year because of the cory williams trade. I could be wrong but i did hear that today on WTAM

  • I thought we did not have a 2nd round pick this year because of the cory williams trade. I could be wrong but i did hear that today on WTAM

    @tru-status said:

    I thought we did not have a 2nd round pick this year because of the cory williams trade. I could be wrong but i did hear that today on WTAM

    Here is a link everybody needs to keep and study for a week(i will test you next week;))

    With draft season here, we need to know what we have and stop talking what we have and don't have.

    http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/35

  • I think we should trade down to picks 7-12 and get an additional 2nd round pick

    @playgroundlegend said:

    I think we should trade down to picks 7-12 and get an additional 2nd round pick

    me too.

  • @playgroundlegend said:

    I think we should trade down to picks 7-12 and get an additional 2nd round pick

    me too.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    me too.

    That's great in theory...but who is gonna trade us?

  • @pumpkin-eater said:

    me too.

    That's great in theory...but who is gonna trade us?

    @2yy4u said:

    That's great in theory...but who is gonna trade us?

    someone with a presssing need.

  • Keep our pick at 5. Don't trade. With the 5th overall pick, we'll end up getting one of the two linebackers. In the second round we get a corner or runningback. Hopefully we can get a good exchange for Anderson and/or Winslow. Does anyone know what rounds we do and don't have? I know we traded a 7th for travis daniels and i think a 3rd for Martin Rucker.