Skip to content

Mangini on Shurmur

The Browns Board
98 26 4.6k
  • Listen shurmur comes from a long heritige off leaders..

  • @miktoxic said:

    ok. don't get your nickers in a bunch nicker.

    exactly. so when your sides move doesn't work out can we bitch then? how about before it? FxxK you and mike holmgren. how's the fish down there, fat boy??

    Is he a Browns fan??

    @ravensfan1996 said:

    Is he a Browns fan??

    more than you'll ever know. now go back to your ravens board. PLEEEZ!!!

  • I don't know about you guys, but I sure am excited to watch McCoy throw a bunch of 4 yard passes next year!

  • Listen shurmur comes from a long heritige off leaders..

    @wrrebel said:

    Listen shurmur comes from a long heritige off leaders..

    "ITS A PROCESS" HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAA! FIRE HIM! <- that will be chanted here soon.

  • I don't know about you guys, but I sure am excited to watch McCoy throw a bunch of 4 yard passes next year!

    @bonedawg said:

    I don't know about you guys, but I sure am excited to watch McCoy throw a bunch of 4 yard passes next year!

    Welcome to the WCO.

  • @miktoxic said:

    ok. don't get your nickers in a bunch nicker.

    exactly. so when your sides move doesn't work out can we bitch then? how about before it? FxxK you and mike holmgren. how's the fish down there, fat boy??

    Wow dude did someone shit in your oatmeal?

    @nickers said:

    Wow dude did someone shit in your oatmeal?

    no i just don't like fags whose usernames are the sysnonym of BIG FAT BRITISH WHORE'S PANTIES. or didn't you know that, nickers?

    why don't you change it to wrrebelfag or hosshomo?

  • I don't know about you guys, but I sure am excited to watch McCoy throw a bunch of 4 yard passes next year! Bonedawg

    ***************************************************

    I'm going to be excited to watch him throw 4 yd passes, and 10 yard passes, and Hillis flattening defenses again,

    and McCoy throwing occasional mid to long range throws to a wide open #1 wr, be it Green, Jones, or Torrey Smith. It will be

    one of those three... @@

  • @nickers said:

    Wow dude did someone shit in your oatmeal?

    no i just don't like fags whose usernames are the sysnonym of BIG FAT BRITISH WHORE'S PANTIES. or didn't you know that, nickers?

    why don't you change it to wrrebelfag or hosshomo?

    @miktoxic said:

    no i just don't like fags whose usernames are the sysnonym of BIG FAT BRITISH WHORE'S PANTIES. or didn't you know that, nickers?

    why don't you change it to wrrebelfag or hosshomo?

    Does somebody need a hug?

  • Hmmm. My hate meter is off the charts. I'll have to get bigger charts.

    Mangini was classy about it, and I think he made a good mental foundation for this team's young players. Honestly, I would much rather blame Daboll. If our offense didn't follow the "run straight x2 and then pass on 3rd and long" scheme, we might have won quite a few more games.

    Hopefully Shurmur does a good job adapting the WCO to match McCoy's strengths.

  • @miktoxic said:

    no i just don't like fags whose usernames are the sysnonym of BIG FAT BRITISH WHORE'S PANTIES. or didn't you know that, nickers?

    why don't you change it to wrrebelfag or hosshomo?

    Does somebody need a hug?

    @wrrebel said:

    Does somebody need a hug?

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Does somebody need a hug?

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    @nickers said:

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    yeah im pretty sure they are taken the whole mangini hero thing to seriously..

    eric-mangini.jpg

  • @wrrebel said:

    Does somebody need a hug?

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    @nickers said:

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    can you play that strat or are you all about acting?

  • @nickers said:

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    can you play that strat or are you all about acting?

    @miktoxic said:

    can you play that strat or are you all about acting?

    Yes I have been playing since I was 10 yrs old...I just turned 46 recently...I dont play Guitar Hero or Rock Band...I play "real" instruments besides the guitar.

  • @brownsbacker said:

    So are you not a Browns fan anymore because Mangini is gone?

    i'm a browns fan till the day i die. just got the aholes who wished for all of this to happen on a short list. we'll see if you "oh it's a better schedule so we'll make it to the playoffs no matter who the coach is " or "he had two years to do it and he didn't do it so get rid of him" guys..........so when it doesn't happen i can rub your nose in shit like you have mine. and i can prove you wrong. (hopefully not). good luck to us all.

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm a browns fan till the day i die. just got the aholes who wished for all of this to happen on a short list. we'll see if you "oh it's a better schedule so we'll make it to the playoffs no matter who the coach is " or "he had two years to do it and he didn't do it so get rid of him" guys..........so when it doesn't happen i can rub your nose in shit like you have mine. and i can prove you wrong. (hopefully not). good luck to us all.

    Mangini should have never been hired in the first place. That said, I thought he earned a 3rd year. He did some good things, but one problem he had, which is a complaint I heard from Jets fans was in game adjustments. We saw that this year, got off to a lot of good starts but couldn't close the deal. I expect Shurmur to be around for a while unless he turns out to be Cam Cameron. Take a look at Maginis record, it isn't that great overall.

  • @wrrebel said:

    HA! So your saying Gips and I played a role in Mangini being fired?

    Yet mornons like you were all over a coaches nuts who was 10-22. In the NFL it doesnt take 10 years to turn a team around. At least im holding judgement to see what he puts on the field (shurmur).

    Mangini had his chance and FAILED! He is gone.. He was an idiot savant..

    Get over it, or go root for your loverboy at ESPN..

    The difference between you and I, is my loyalty lies with the Browns. You dont see me crying about my loverboy not coming to coach

    And there's the problem. ONLY looking at wins and losses- not taking other factors into consideration. Yeah Kansas City sure turned it around all right- only playing one team with a winning record. Oh, and then they had to play a REAL team in the playoffs- the Ravens- and guess what? They got blown out, just like they would have playing in the AFC North. Instant gratification goobers. Tom Landry went 13-38 his first couple years with suck teams at Dallas. Bill Belichick was nothing home to write about his first few coaching stints. (LOL Modell will go down in history firing two-and maybe three- if Marty ever makes it HOF coaches) So Shurmur doesn't turn it around immediately, can his ass too. That's been the Cleveland way since 1999.

    Mangini's gone, can't feel too sorry for a guy who will collect $7 million bucks over the next two years for not working. I just hope Holmgren's right. One thing for certain- I'm not going to be dancing in the streets anytime soon just because the Browns have a new coach.

    @hoorta said:

    And there's the problem. ONLY looking at wins and losses- not taking other factors into consideration. Yeah Kansas City sure turned it around all right- only playing one team with a winning record. Oh, and then they had to play a REAL team in the playoffs- the Ravens- and guess what? They got blown out, just like they would have playing in the AFC North. Instant gratification goobers. Tom Landry went 13-38 his first couple years with suck teams at Dallas. Bill Belichick was nothing home to write about his first few coaching stints. (LOL Modell will go down in history firing two-and maybe three- if Marty ever makes it HOF coaches) So Shurmur doesn't turn it around immediately, can his ass too. That's been the Cleveland way since 1999.

    Mangini's gone, can't feel too sorry for a guy who will collect $7 million bucks over the next two years for not working. I just hope Holmgren's right. One thing for certain- I'm not going to be dancing in the streets anytime soon just because the Browns have a new coach.

    You are forgetting that Magini wasn't Holmgren's guy which I thikn was part of the whole procress. He thought there was a better coach out there that could do a better job after watchig another 5-11 season. Holmgren knows you can hire a ew coach ever couple of years so unless Shurmur is a collasal screw up I expect him to be around for a while.

  • @wrrebel said:

    Does somebody need a hug?

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    @nickers said:

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    Actually, it's the Can-gini crowd that needs to give it a rest already. You got your wish- and like they say- "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

    There hasn't been anyone here coming close to your description of "Mangini Worship"- unless you want to define that as giving the guy ONE more year to get it right.

    Yeah, there was plenty of bitching about Mangini's flaws- but there was UNDENIABLE progress being made- unless you're like a total dolt- and you know who you are- that wanted to suggest the W-L record is the end all, be-all meter of coaching quality.

    So for you instant gratification crowd, maybe you'll get your wish and see the Browns turn it around to 10-6 (or 11-7 depending how the CBA turns out) and then watch them go into the toilet, just like the flash in the pan soft schedule DA led Browns of a few years back. Mangini said many times he was going for SUSTAINABLE excellence, not a one and done.

    What do the Steelers have that we don't? If you answer STABILITY, go to the head of the class.

    I'll just say this Nicks- I out-age you by a decade +, and I'd love to see the Browns play in a Super Bowl (and maybe even win one) before I croak. But one thing's for certain- you're not getting there changing coaches every couple of years like a pair of worn out socks.

  • @hoorta said:

    And there's the problem. ONLY looking at wins and losses- not taking other factors into consideration. Yeah Kansas City sure turned it around all right- only playing one team with a winning record. Oh, and then they had to play a REAL team in the playoffs- the Ravens- and guess what? They got blown out, just like they would have playing in the AFC North. Instant gratification goobers. Tom Landry went 13-38 his first couple years with suck teams at Dallas. Bill Belichick was nothing home to write about his first few coaching stints. (LOL Modell will go down in history firing two-and maybe three- if Marty ever makes it HOF coaches) So Shurmur doesn't turn it around immediately, can his ass too. That's been the Cleveland way since 1999.

    Mangini's gone, can't feel too sorry for a guy who will collect $7 million bucks over the next two years for not working. I just hope Holmgren's right. One thing for certain- I'm not going to be dancing in the streets anytime soon just because the Browns have a new coach.

    You are forgetting that Magini wasn't Holmgren's guy which I thikn was part of the whole procress. He thought there was a better coach out there that could do a better job after watchig another 5-11 season. Holmgren knows you can hire a ew coach ever couple of years so unless Shurmur is a collasal screw up I expect him to be around for a while.

    @runyon27 said:

    You are forgetting that Magini wasn't Holmgren's guy which I think was part of the whole process. He thought there was a better coach out there that could do a better job after watching another 5-11 season. Holmgren knows you can hire a new coach ever couple of years so unless Shurmur is a collasal screw up I expect him to be around for a while.

    If he wasn't "his guy" he should have fired EM right off the bat. No, I haven't forgotten that, not by a long shot.

    Yeah- that's the ticket- give Shurmer a lot more rope than Mangini- because he runs "your" system. I'm just thrilled about the prospect of ANOTHER rebuilding year or three until Holmgren retires, and Heckert takes over.

    And there you have it- how do you (or anyone else) know that Shurmur couldn't be the next Josh McDaniels and absolutely suck as a head coach? Fortunately, H&H won't let him trade Joe Thomas for a couple of 4th round draft picks.

    I'll tell you what- I've grown mighty tired of the "win now" bleaters here. So Shurmur loses the opener, I'm on his ass from day one. Fair enough?

  • @nickers said:

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    Actually, it's the Can-gini crowd that needs to give it a rest already. You got your wish- and like they say- "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

    There hasn't been anyone here coming close to your description of "Mangini Worship"- unless you want to define that as giving the guy ONE more year to get it right.

    Yeah, there was plenty of bitching about Mangini's flaws- but there was UNDENIABLE progress being made- unless you're like a total dolt- and you know who you are- that wanted to suggest the W-L record is the end all, be-all meter of coaching quality.

    So for you instant gratification crowd, maybe you'll get your wish and see the Browns turn it around to 10-6 (or 11-7 depending how the CBA turns out) and then watch them go into the toilet, just like the flash in the pan soft schedule DA led Browns of a few years back. Mangini said many times he was going for SUSTAINABLE excellence, not a one and done.

    What do the Steelers have that we don't? If you answer STABILITY, go to the head of the class.

    I'll just say this Nicks- I out-age you by a decade +, and I'd love to see the Browns play in a Super Bowl (and maybe even win one) before I croak. But one thing's for certain- you're not getting there changing coaches every couple of years like a pair of worn out socks.

    @hoorta said:

    Actually, it's the Can-gini crowd that needs to give it a rest already. You got your wish- and like they say- "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."

    There hasn't been anyone here coming close to your description of "Mangini Worship"- unless you want to define that as giving the guy ONE more year to get it right.

    Yeah, there was plenty of bitching about Mangini's flaws- but there was UNDENIABLE progress being made- unless you're like a total dolt- and you know who you are- that wanted to suggest the W-L record is the end all, be-all meter of coaching quality.

    So for you instant gratification crowd, maybe you'll get your wish and see the Browns turn it around to 10-6 (or 11-7 depending how the CBA turns out) and then watch them go into the toilet, just like the flash in the pan soft schedule DA led Browns of a few years back. Mangini said many times he was going for SUSTAINABLE excellence, not a one and done.

    What do the Steelers have that we don't? If you answer STABILITY, go to the head of the class.

    I'll just say this Nicks- I out-age you by a decade +, and I'd love to see the Browns play in a Super Bowl (and maybe even win one) before I croak. But one thing's for certain- you're not getting there changing coaches every couple of years like a pair of worn out socks.

    Im all for stability...but Im not for keeping a coach who is a liability for the team..he makes bad gameday descisions.....Some people cant get it through thier head he was NOT Holmgrens guy...Mangini is a loser...Im glad hes gone..it was a bad hire on Lerners part for not having a President/GM in place.

  • @nickers said:

    He needs a stool softner and a Anal Plug for his mouth....and its spelled "Knickers" in the UK but mikdoodoo obviousely isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. his ass is still feeling the sting of Manginis departure..Hes probably a beer drinking slob that lives in his mommies basement and he probably jacks off to Google Images of Mangini.

    yeah im pretty sure they are taken the whole mangini hero thing to seriously..

    eric-mangini.jpg

    @wrrebel said:

    yeah im pretty sure they are taken the whole mangini hero thing to seriously..

    eric-mangini.jpg

    effin hilarious

  • @runyon27 said:

    You are forgetting that Magini wasn't Holmgren's guy which I think was part of the whole process. He thought there was a better coach out there that could do a better job after watching another 5-11 season. Holmgren knows you can hire a new coach ever couple of years so unless Shurmur is a collasal screw up I expect him to be around for a while.

    If he wasn't "his guy" he should have fired EM right off the bat. No, I haven't forgotten that, not by a long shot.

    Yeah- that's the ticket- give Shurmer a lot more rope than Mangini- because he runs "your" system. I'm just thrilled about the prospect of ANOTHER rebuilding year or three until Holmgren retires, and Heckert takes over.

    And there you have it- how do you (or anyone else) know that Shurmur couldn't be the next Josh McDaniels and absolutely suck as a head coach? Fortunately, H&H won't let him trade Joe Thomas for a couple of 4th round draft picks.

    I'll tell you what- I've grown mighty tired of the "win now" bleaters here. So Shurmur loses the opener, I'm on his ass from day one. Fair enough?

    @hoorta said:

    If he wasn't "his guy" he should have fired EM right off the bat. No, I haven't forgotten that, not by a long shot.

    Yeah- that's the ticket- give Shurmer a lot more rope than Mangini- because he runs "your" system. I'm just thrilled about the prospect of ANOTHER rebuilding year or three until Holmgren retires, and Heckert takes over.

    And there you have it- how do you (or anyone else) know that Shurmur couldn't be the next Josh McDaniels and absolutely suck as a head coach? Fortunately, H&H won't let him trade Joe Thomas for a couple of 4th round draft picks.

    I'll tell you what- I've grown mighty tired of the "win now" bleaters here. So Shurmur loses the opener, I'm on his ass from day one. Fair enough?

    I think Holmgren, gave him a fair shake. Got a year to watch him work day to day. If he was progressing as he wished I am sure he would have gotten another year. I personally probably would have given him another year, but also if you look at things he screwed up a lot too.