Skip to content

Todays Interviews

The Browns Board
39 21 3.4k
  • Via Adam Schefter Twitter:

    "Browns interviewing former Cardinals DC Billy Davis and former University of Pitt HC Dave Wannstedt for their DC job today."

    Who the hell is Billy Davis?!

  • William Davis? Wasn't that "The Smoking Man" from the X-files? Maybe this guy will have that kind of pull.

  • You will sack the Quarterback or you will disappear!:

    cgb_spender_cigarette_smoking_man.jpg

  • I am not excited at all with either of these guys.

  • I think this program is doomed from the start . They wasted a year already in what is surely going to be a rebuilding process from hell ...... what's new huh ?

    Fire one of the best defensive minds in the league for a (chance) to get Dave (crybaby) Wannstet , who hasn't wonn anything . Or that well known entity William Davis ?

    How about the staunch upstanding offensive minds they went after but failed to reel in . Shurmer should be taking the OC job and get a real head coach in here . Oh yeah...........we fired one .

    This organization screwed up big time when they made people think this was not going to be a major rebuild . We are atleast 3 years from any type of success . That is if the walrus hangs around that long ................which I doubt .

  • Here's a taste of what davis has done as a defensive coordinator in the NFL:

    2005 San Fran last in total defense

    2006 San Fran 26th in total defense

    2009 Arizona 10th in total defense

    2010 Arizona 29th in total defense

    (He was linebacker/db coach with Arizona Cards 2007 and 2008)

    ugh

  • really starting to see the high grade of intelligence running this runaway train now

  • really starting to see the high grade of intelligence running this runaway train now

    @neweradawg said:

    really starting to see the high grade of intelligence running this runaway train now

    i feel your pain

  • Really.........over the years I have always tried to be positive about this franchise . I am at my wits end to be positive about anything they do from now on . They ruinned an up-coming , tough , team with solid areas in Special teams , defensive gameplanning , and overall were playing as a unit . Aside from injuries , and a dubious offensive philosophy I feel we were going in the right direction .

    But now...............

  • Via Adam Schefter Twitter:

    "Browns interviewing former Cardinals DC Billy Davis and former University of Pitt HC Dave Wannstedt for their DC job today."

    Who the hell is Billy Davis?!

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Via Adam Schefter Twitter:

    "Browns interviewing former Cardinals DC Billy Davis and former University of Pitt HC Dave Wannstedt for their DC job today."

    Who the hell is Billy Davis?!

  • I really hope (and I know you all do too) that by this time next year the naysayers of this regime will have dissipated. I know I see the world through orange and brown glasses but I really believe in this program and I trust that Holmgren is making all the right moves for his plan!

  • Here's a taste of what davis has done as a defensive coordinator in the NFL:

    2005 San Fran last in total defense

    2006 San Fran 26th in total defense

    2009 Arizona 10th in total defense

    2010 Arizona 29th in total defense

    (He was linebacker/db coach with Arizona Cards 2007 and 2008)

    ugh

    @slowburn said:

    Here's a taste of what davis has done as a defensive coordinator in the NFL:

    2005 San Fran last in total defense

    2006 San Fran 26th in total defense

    2009 Arizona 10th in total defense

    2010 Arizona 29th in total defense

    (He was linebacker/db coach with Arizona Cards 2007 and 2008)

    ugh

    2010 should probably be discounted, as they had the turnover/3 n' out machine as their qb, DA. no defense can do well when they're on the field as long as they are when DA is behind center

  • I really hope (and I know you all do too) that by this time next year the naysayers of this regime will have dissipated. I know I see the world through orange and brown glasses but I really believe in this program and I trust that Holmgren is making all the right moves for his plan!

    @brownsbacker said:

    I really hope (and I know you all do too) that by this time next year the naysayers of this regime will have dissipated. I know I see the world through orange and brown glasses but I really believe in this program and I trust that Holmgren is making all the right moves for his plan!

    Hey dude............The naysayers as you call them change around here every time some stupid ass is changed to another one .

    Right Gips ? lol

  • This is the future.

    Next year the Browns go 10-6 (extremely easy schedule). They get into the playoffs but lose in the Wild Card round.

    Everyone here is high on their success and think Shurmur is the shit.

    The next year, we play the NFC East and AFC West. We get shit on and go 6-10.

    Shurmur is fired. Holmgren is in. Done.

    I just saved you some time 🙂

  • I'm begining to question holmgrens sexuality or his taste in men

  • I believe Wannstedt was the defensive coordinator for Jimmy Johnson when they won the super bowl in Dallas...

    IMO Wannstedt is a damn good DC but has proven that he's not a winning head coach (Dick LaBeau, Romeo Crennel)..

    I'd rather have Dave rather than a rookie coordinator learning on the job...

    If you review the history of the "new" Browns you'll see a bunch of rookie coordinators with the exception of Fazio & Arians under Butch Davis and that was the only team to reach the playoffs....

    Experienced coordinators make the head coach look brilliant...........

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • I'm begining to question holmgrens sexuality or his taste in men

    @wrrebel said:

    I'm begining to question holmgrens sexuality or his taste in men

    So........Where's Gruden you little EVIL-DOER ? lol

  • Honestly, looking at Davis' resume you have to ask yourself what the hell the walrus/heckert are thinking by interviewing this guy. Maybe Davis is one of pimp agent Lemonte ho's. Who knows. There have

    been posts on the board from individuals who have played major college program and pro football during their career. They spoke of the politics involved in the coach hiring process. Good ole boy

    networks, favors owed and other dynamics that steer the process were, in their opinion, the staus quo more often than not. I understand this. Davis' father has coached in the league forever. Davis grew up

    in the shadow of Pop's career beginning with a ball boy gig with the Philly eagles. Yea, you gotta take care of your own but what about the concept, which most of us live by, of working hard and smart knowing

    that the payoff of bigger bucks and opportunities are the result of hard work, competence and dedication. I understand, too, the concept of giving an individual a fresh start with a clean slate; optimistic that new

    people, places, and things are what this person needs to succeed. but c'mon this guy has loser written all over him. And to think that holms/heckeert might bring him into environment that chews up coaches

    like nobodys business is complete insanity. yea , i know they have not hired him but just givin this guy a wiff of a coaching job opportunity in cleveland pisses me right the f off. enough of the dog and pony

    shows. bring in a proven winner and get serious about turning this football team around. JTIOT

  • This is the future.

    Next year the Browns go 10-6 (extremely easy schedule). They get into the playoffs but lose in the Wild Card round.

    Everyone here is high on their success and think Shurmur is the shit.

    The next year, we play the NFC East and AFC West. We get shit on and go 6-10.

    Shurmur is fired. Holmgren is in. Done.

    I just saved you some time 🙂

    @theclevelandsound said:

    This is the future.

    Next year the Browns go 10-6 (extremely easy schedule). They get into the playoffs but lose in the Wild Card round.

    Everyone here is high on their success and think Shurmur is the shit.

    The next year, we play the NFC East and AFC West. We get shit on and go 6-10.

    Shurmur is fired. Holmgren is in. Done.

    I just saved you some time 🙂

    Very possible and Holmgren might only have one year to prove he can do it. Holmgren wanted things done his way which is going to happen. I'm about ready to pull a rip vanwinkle on the whole thing

  • Honestly, looking at Davis' resume you have to ask yourself what the hell the walrus/heckert are thinking by interviewing this guy. Maybe Davis is one of pimp agent Lemonte ho's. Who knows. There have

    been posts on the board from individuals who have played major college program and pro football during their career. They spoke of the politics involved in the coach hiring process. Good ole boy

    networks, favors owed and other dynamics that steer the process were, in their opinion, the staus quo more often than not. I understand this. Davis' father has coached in the league forever. Davis grew up

    in the shadow of Pop's career beginning with a ball boy gig with the Philly eagles. Yea, you gotta take care of your own but what about the concept, which most of us live by, of working hard and smart knowing

    that the payoff of bigger bucks and opportunities are the result of hard work, competence and dedication. I understand, too, the concept of giving an individual a fresh start with a clean slate; optimistic that new

    people, places, and things are what this person needs to succeed. but c'mon this guy has loser written all over him. And to think that holms/heckeert might bring him into environment that chews up coaches

    like nobodys business is complete insanity. yea , i know they have not hired him but just givin this guy a wiff of a coaching job opportunity in cleveland pisses me right the f off. enough of the dog and pony

    shows. bring in a proven winner and get serious about turning this football team around. JTIOT

    @slowburn said:

    Honestly, looking at Davis' resume you have to ask yourself what the hell the walrus/heckert are thinking by interviewing this guy. Maybe Davis is one of pimp agent Lemonte ho's. Who knows. There have

    been posts on the board from individuals who have played major college program and pro football during their career. They spoke of the politics involved in the coach hiring process. Good ole boy

    networks, favors owed and other dynamics that steer the process were, in their opinion, the staus quo more often than not. I understand this. Davis' father has coached in the league forever. Davis grew up

    in the shadow of Pop's career beginning with a ball boy gig with the Philly eagles. Yea, you gotta take care of your own but what about the concept, which most of us live by, of working hard and smart knowing

    that the payoff of bigger bucks and opportunities is the result of hard work, competence and dedication. I understand, too, the concept of giving an individual a fresh start with a clean slate; optimistic that new

    people, places, and things are what this person needs to succeed. but c'mon this guy has loser written all over him. And to think that holms/heckeert might bring him into environment that chews up coaches

    like nobodies business is complete insanity. yea , i know they have not hired him but just givin this guy a wiff of a coaching job opportunity in cleveland pisses me right the f off. enough of the dog and pony

    shows. bring in a proven winner and get serious about turning this football team around. JTIOT

    I have a theory.. We are trying to assemble the worst coaching staff possible so we can get the number 1 pick in 2012 and draft andrew luck..

    It seems to me Holmgren wants to hire a bunch of lackey's so he can influence them.. Holmgren should have come in and coached but is too lazy.. I hate the fact that he says he still has the fire to coach again, but when given the opportunity he hires some one who is questionable at best.

    I like Heckert, and would like Holmgren as a coach.. I am starting to question the structure