Skip to content

Has Jay Cutler overtaken over the title...

The Browns Board
119 29 5.3k
  • First he was def hurt..

    second i found the real reason though why he didnt go back in..

    PackersVsBears.png

  • Like many, I am not a big Cutler fan, but give the guy a break. He got hurt, Lovie Smith said he and the medical staff helped make the decision in Cutler continuing to play and they all agreed to pull him.

    Here are the stats from the 2010 New York Life Protection Index which is a measure of offensive line effectivenes. The totals are for 16 games and the higher the # the better. Chicago was dead last. I think Cutler has proven his toughness this year. Maybe he's not the smartest or most social person in the world, who knows. I'm not 100% convinced he was listening to an MP3 player either, could have been a head set.

    What I do know is that most, if not all, people on this board (including me) couldn't even tie his shoes when it comes to playing NFL QB.

    THOSE WHO CAN'T, COACH. We can also add THOSE WHO NEVER COULD, CRITICIZE.

    http://newyorklife.stats.com/fb/protection.asp?type=overall

    Rank Team Games Index

    1 Indianapolis Colts 16 90.7

    2 New Orleans Saints 16 81.0

    3 New York Giants 16 80.3

    4 Atlanta Falcons 16 77.7

    5 New England Patriots 16 72.8

    6 Houston Texans 16 72.6

    7 Cincinnati Bengals 16 71.8

    8 Detroit Lions 16 70.3

    9 Denver Broncos 16 69.2

    10 San Diego Chargers 16 68.9

    11 New York Jets 16 67.8

    12 Dallas Cowboys 16 67.6

    13 Tennessee Titans 16 65.6

    14 Green Bay Packers 16 65.3

    15 Miami Dolphins 16 64.5

    16 Seattle Seahawks 16 63.2

    17 St. Louis Rams 16 61.2

    18 Baltimore Ravens 16 58.3

    19 Buffalo Bills 16 57.3

    20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 57.1

    21 Cleveland Browns 16 56.7

    22 Arizona Cardinals 16 55.3

    23 Washington Redskins 16 54.0

    24 Minnesota Vikings 16 52.4

    25 Kansas City Chiefs 16 52.2

    26 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 51.1

    27 San Francisco 49ers 16 45.9

    28 Philadelphia Eagles 16 45.1

    29 Jacksonville Jaguars 16 45.0

    30 Carolina Panthers 16 40.9

    31 Oakland Raiders 16 39.0

    32 Chicago Bears 16 33.1

  • Anyone who's torn anything in their knee before, knows that its no joke. He did try to go out there for one more series, and then was benched.

    When Hanie was playing well and scoring, Cutler was standing and cheering.

    I've torn my ACL and probably my MCL and LCL and the lack of stability in the knee because of these things is huge. Now imagine you are trying to put a lot of lateral pressure on the knee with this kind of tear, while 300 lb linemen are bearing down on you.

    Not everyone is Kosar, who played the last half of a game on a broken ankle.

    @thaak said:

    Anyone who's torn anything in their knee before, knows that its no joke. He did try to go out there for one more series, and then was benched.

    When Hanie was playing well and scoring, Cutler was standing and cheering.

    I've torn my ACL and probably my MCL and LCL and the lack of stability in the knee because of these things is huge. Now imagine you are trying to put a lot of lateral pressure on the knee with this kind of tear, while 300 lb linemen are bearing down on you.

    Not everyone is Kosar, who played the last half of a game on a broken ankle.

    This x 1,000!

    I tore my ACL, MCL and PCL in my left knee my senior year of high school. Just trying to walk on that was painful and I had to be physically carried by lineman off the field.

    I couldn't imagine trying to go out and compete in an NFL type atmosphere with any type of ligament tear.

  • @thaak said:

    Anyone who's torn anything in their knee before, knows that its no joke. He did try to go out there for one more series, and then was benched.

    When Hanie was playing well and scoring, Cutler was standing and cheering.

    I've torn my ACL and probably my MCL and LCL and the lack of stability in the knee because of these things is huge. Now imagine you are trying to put a lot of lateral pressure on the knee with this kind of tear, while 300 lb linemen are bearing down on you.

    Not everyone is Kosar, who played the last half of a game on a broken ankle.

    This x 1,000!

    I tore my ACL, MCL and PCL in my left knee my senior year of high school. Just trying to walk on that was painful and I had to be physically carried by lineman off the field.

    I couldn't imagine trying to go out and compete in an NFL type atmosphere with any type of ligament tear.

    @next2nothing said:

    This x 1,000!

    I couldn't imagine trying to go out and compete in an NFL type atmosphere with any type of ligament tear.

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

  • @next2nothing said:

    This x 1,000!

    I couldn't imagine trying to go out and compete in an NFL type atmosphere with any type of ligament tear.

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

    i would blow you for 20 million dollars. The thing is, he was hurt..

    PEOPLE LET IT GO..

  • @next2nothing said:

    This x 1,000!

    I couldn't imagine trying to go out and compete in an NFL type atmosphere with any type of ligament tear.

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

    It would depend on how I could perform. If the injury affected how I could play and if I felt it was going to hurt the team then no.

    According to the reports I heard last night it affected his plant foot and throws. So if Cutler goes out and throws a pick 6 or has a few bad throws in succession then fans would have been mad anyway.

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

    It would depend on how I could perform. If the injury affected how I could play and if I felt it was going to hurt the team then no.

    According to the reports I heard last night it affected his plant foot and throws. So if Cutler goes out and throws a pick 6 or has a few bad throws in succession then fans would have been mad anyway.

    @next2nothing said:

    It would depend on how I could perform. If the injury affected how I could play and if I felt it was going to hurt the team then no.

    According to the reports I heard last night it affected his plant foot and throws. So if Cutler goes out and throws a pick 6 or has a few bad throws in succession then fans would have been mad anyway.

    Good point. The fans should be happy they made it that far. I know I would be lol.

  • @speedyd900rr said:

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

    i would blow you for 20 million dollars. The thing is, he was hurt..

    PEOPLE LET IT GO..

    @wrrebel said:

    i would blow you for 20 million dollars. The thing is, he was hurt..

    PEOPLE LET IT GO..

    Do you take American Express?

  • 20 million? take a nut and a couple of fingers and toes, but i'd still want to be able to walk. just ask steven hawking. how much gash has he been getting lately?
  • @king-ghoolie-lives said:

    With all due respect,

    it takes a HUGE set of cajones to play football at any level. At the NFL level? You have to also be mentally ill to not have fear for your body and your health. It's pretty easy to sit back and call a guy a poosee for not catching a pass, making an extra yard, hanging in to get blasted before releasing the ball, or any other play on the field.

    Seriously, WTF? Cutler has been there, he has taken his share of hits, clean and otherwise.

    I suppose since he controlled himself instead of putting on a show that he was writhing in pain, he isn't believable.

    Meanwhile Ben cries on the field over being so emotional blah blah blah..............

    In both cases, so f-ing what? You go out there and let Harrison rearrange your testicles a few times and then tell me about being tough.

    If the guy says he's hurt, it should be good enough......... for EVERYONE.

    Cutler is a tough guy and a good kid. He had a great year, took his team deep into the playoffs and doesn't have a damned thing to be ashamed of.

    i agree with your view as many others about this topic.

    i just can't believe all these former players taking shots at him and i'm just talking about what i see on espn. since when did tom jackson become 'mr. controversy'. and trent dilfer is the biggest talking head out of them all. i think he knows a lot about the game and i like the way he breaks things down, BUT what the F did he ever do? he basically got handed the super bowl ring by a ravens defense w/o doing squadoosh. and now you are blasting a guy that was hurt? GTFO.

  • The fact of whether he was really hurt or not is between him, his knee, the doctors on the team, and his conscience. That said, there is no excuse for his behavior on the sidelines. He was pouting around and generally acting disinterested. That shot they had of poor Hanie looking at coverages sitting next to Cutler while Jay was just staring blankly said a lot about his character IMO. You would think that Cutler might have had some interest in helping Hanie out, but nope, he just sat there like a whining child. If he was a Brown, I would be screaming to ship him straight out of town for that.

    @bonedawg said:

    That shot they had of poor Hanie looking at coverages sitting next to Cutler while Jay was just staring blankly said a lot about his character IMO.

    Unexcusable. If I were a Bears fan I'd want him out of town before midnight.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Well there is no other excuse at this point, you are a girl that loves cutler.

    So you have nothing of value to add? At this point you are just one step above a poo-slinging monkey. Nice work.

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    So you have nothing of value to add? At this point you are just one step above a poo-slinging monkey. Nice work.

    “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee … I played the whole season on one,” tweeted Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew.

  • @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    So you have nothing of value to add? At this point you are just one step above a poo-slinging monkey. Nice work.

    “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee … I played the whole season on one,” tweeted Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee … I played the whole season on one,” tweeted Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew.

    I guess you're completely overlooking the fact he said he was kidding and it was a joke at Florida, and that he couldn't know how much pain Cutler was in.

    you love quotes, here's a good one:

    "As far as Jay, Jay didn't take himself out of the game. If you're going to attack somebody, you should be attacking me. As a head football coach, and our medical staff, we're the ones ... he wanted to go back in. He was injured and went back in in the second half. So I see it as the complete opposite of how it's being portrayed right now."-Coach Lovie Smith

    I mean what does he know, he was only there coaching the game right? come on man, don't throw out weak quotes from players talking crap who know nothing about it. It seems like you're just more pissed at his demeanor on the sidelines, which is completely understandable. I'm right there with you. But like I've been saying, you can't question the injury at this point. It's real and he was taken out of the game for it. I can't believe how much i'm defending this douche cutler, but you can't question a man going back in when he's had a serious injury.

  • According to Saints fullback Heath Evans, Brees played “six weeks with a torn MCL’’ in his left knee, referring to a medial collateral ligament. Zing.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    What team did you play for for 6 weeks with a torn MCL?

    The team that pays me $5/mil a year and the one that was on the verge of taking his team to the Super Bowl. That's the one.

  • True Grit, minute 4:00. And minute 5:34.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    "As far as Jay, Jay didn't take himself out of the game. If you're going to attack somebody, you should be attacking me. As a head football coach, and our medical staff, we're the ones ... he wanted to go back in. He was injured and went back in in the second half. So I see it as the complete opposite of how it's being portrayed right now."-Coach Lovie Smith

    But he sure as hell didn't beg to be put in.

  • True Grit, minute 4:00. And minute 5:34.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    True Grit, minute 4:00

    "I can listen to my headphones if you need me to listen to my headphones" - Jay Cutler.

  • @next2nothing said:

    This x 1,000!

    I couldn't imagine trying to go out and compete in an NFL type atmosphere with any type of ligament tear.

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

    @speedyd900rr said:

    Would you try it for 20 Million dollars though?

    I'm sure if his $20 MIL depended strictly on playing hurt for that one game, then Cutler would have played. But since his contract is for more than just one game, and he will get payed regardless if he played or not, and the rest of his career could have been shortened or even ended by playing further on that knee, I think Cutler made the right move.

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    True Grit, minute 4:00

    "I can listen to my headphones if you need me to listen to my headphones" - Jay Cutler.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    "I can listen to my headphones if you need me to listen to my headphones" - Jay Cutler.

    What an excellent video. If that doesn't get you fired up then you need new double A's in your pacemaker