Skip to content

Who Do You Got? First Pick #6 Overall

The Browns Board
14 8 1.3k
  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Okay ive seen people who want Watt and also Cam Jordan now, that goes along with Patrick Peterson thread we've had for quite some time now, i figure lets go ahead and see the percentages on how people wanna go with the first pick in this years draft...Granted not all these guys will be there when we pick but if you had your choice that they were, who do you got?

    I dont think Green will be there but theres always a possibility so ill start out and say i got Green with the first pick because of how heavy this draft is on the D-Line we will easily be able to grab a first round grade Dlineman with the second selection,as Opposed to Recievers where i see a big dropoff after Jones and Green...Im just not sold on any of them, i know alot of people like Young,Smith but im not sold on any of them...I figure if you dont grab Green or Jones just draft strictly Defense because id rather have BPA over a reach of Need

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I just have this feeling now that if we address WR, we don't do it with the first pick. Holmgren talked in his latest press interview that everyone is talking about us needing a "blazer" at WR and that our current guys are not as slow as people lead on and that there is not much speed in the draft anyway. I think this means he doesn't take Green who ran a 4.45, which is about what Robo and MoMass ran. I also just have this feeling that he really doesn't like any of the top guys on the D-Line due to them being one year wonders and what not. I honestly feel like H&H's goal is to trade back a few spots and either take Jones (one of the fastest WR's in the draft running at 4.39) or they take a guy like Cameron Jordan or J.J. Watt who are plays that have had multiple years of production and good senior bowls.

    I ended up picking Peterson for our pick at 6 because I feel like he is the only player we would take at 6, possible Miller, but even then I think we trade back.

  • C CantonLegend wrote on last edited by
    #3

    the browns WRs are atrocious.....anything other than green would be a mistake if he is still available by then

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Surprized by the Peterson votes, i wouldnt mind him as well if Green is gone...I also like Von Miller alot and think he is going to be great at the next level...I absouletly love the idea of a trade down if Green is gone and we can acquire more picks, i just hope we dont do what Mangini did when we trade back and dont have anything to show for it, i think Heckert is alot smarter than that

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Who would crap their pants if we drafted Cam Newton?

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Everyone. I would be so xxxxing pissed.

  • I just have this feeling now that if we address WR, we don't do it with the first pick. Holmgren talked in his latest press interview that everyone is talking about us needing a "blazer" at WR and that our current guys are not as slow as people lead on and that there is not much speed in the draft anyway. I think this means he doesn't take Green who ran a 4.45, which is about what Robo and MoMass ran. I also just have this feeling that he really doesn't like any of the top guys on the D-Line due to them being one year wonders and what not. I honestly feel like H&H's goal is to trade back a few spots and either take Jones (one of the fastest WR's in the draft running at 4.39) or they take a guy like Cameron Jordan or J.J. Watt who are plays that have had multiple years of production and good senior bowls.

    I ended up picking Peterson for our pick at 6 because I feel like he is the only player we would take at 6, possible Miller, but even then I think we trade back.

    P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    I just have this feeling now that if we address WR, we don't do it with the first pick. Holmgren talked in his latest press interview that everyone is talking about us needing a "blazer" at WR and that our current guys are not as slow as people lead on and that there is not much speed in the draft anyway. I think this means he doesn't take Green who ran a 4.45, which is about what Robo and MoMass ran. I also just have this feeling that he really doesn't like any of the top guys on the D-Line due to them being one year wonders and what not. I honestly feel like H&H's goal is to trade back a few spots and either take Jones (one of the fastest WR's in the draft running at 4.39) or they take a guy like Cameron Jordan or J.J. Watt who are plays that have had multiple years of production and good senior bowls.

    I ended up picking Peterson for our pick at 6 because I feel like he is the only player we would take at 6, possible Miller, but even then I think we trade back.

    If Green is there, He will be a Brown.

  • N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Hell no to Cam Newton, maybe if hes there at 6 and somebody wants him bad enough trade outta the pick and let them grab him but by no means should we be even looking at drafting him

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    I just have this feeling now that if we address WR, we don't do it with the first pick. Holmgren talked in his latest press interview that everyone is talking about us needing a "blazer" at WR and that our current guys are not as slow as people lead on and that there is not much speed in the draft anyway. I think this means he doesn't take Green who ran a 4.45, which is about what Robo and MoMass ran. I also just have this feeling that he really doesn't like any of the top guys on the D-Line due to them being one year wonders and what not. I honestly feel like H&H's goal is to trade back a few spots and either take Jones (one of the fastest WR's in the draft running at 4.39) or they take a guy like Cameron Jordan or J.J. Watt who are plays that have had multiple years of production and good senior bowls.

    I ended up picking Peterson for our pick at 6 because I feel like he is the only player we would take at 6, possible Miller, but even then I think we trade back.

    If Green is there, He will be a Brown.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    If Green is there, He will be a Brown.

    I'm just going off my gut, I wouldn't be mad in the slightest if we drafted him.

  • I just have this feeling now that if we address WR, we don't do it with the first pick. Holmgren talked in his latest press interview that everyone is talking about us needing a "blazer" at WR and that our current guys are not as slow as people lead on and that there is not much speed in the draft anyway. I think this means he doesn't take Green who ran a 4.45, which is about what Robo and MoMass ran. I also just have this feeling that he really doesn't like any of the top guys on the D-Line due to them being one year wonders and what not. I honestly feel like H&H's goal is to trade back a few spots and either take Jones (one of the fastest WR's in the draft running at 4.39) or they take a guy like Cameron Jordan or J.J. Watt who are plays that have had multiple years of production and good senior bowls.

    I ended up picking Peterson for our pick at 6 because I feel like he is the only player we would take at 6, possible Miller, but even then I think we trade back.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    I just have this feeling now that if we address WR, we don't do it with the first pick. Holmgren talked in his latest press interview that everyone is talking about us needing a "blazer" at WR and that our current guys are not as slow as people lead on and that there is not much speed in the draft anyway.

    predraft talk 101: presidents, gms and hcs say the darndest things prior to the draft. it's all by design to confuse the other teams and not show their hand.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    This poll included guys that were not likely to be there when the Browns pick.

    I chose Fairly because he was one of the choices, though I doubt he will fall to the Browns at #6.

  • Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    I just have this feeling now that if we address WR, we don't do it with the first pick. Holmgren talked in his latest press interview that everyone is talking about us needing a "blazer" at WR and that our current guys are not as slow as people lead on and that there is not much speed in the draft anyway.

    predraft talk 101: presidents, gms and hcs say the darndest things prior to the draft. it's all by design to confuse the other teams and not show their hand.

    S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @sj_browns said:

    predraft talk 101: presidents, gms and hcs say the darndest things prior to the draft. it's all by design to confuse the other teams and not show their hand.

    You could have saved us the time by calling it a smokescreen 😉

  • This poll included guys that were not likely to be there when the Browns pick.

    I chose Fairly because he was one of the choices, though I doubt he will fall to the Browns at #6.

    S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    This poll included guys that were not likely to be there when the Browns pick.

    I chose Fairly because he was one of the choices, though I doubt he will fall to the Browns at #6.

    I'm not sure. Its actually beginning to look like Fairley could very well be there at the 6.

    I dont really care, he's the better player vs. Dareus at DT anyways.

  • @sj_browns said:

    predraft talk 101: presidents, gms and hcs say the darndest things prior to the draft. it's all by design to confuse the other teams and not show their hand.

    You could have saved us the time by calling it a smokescreen 😉

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @secondwave said:

    You could have saved us the time by calling it a smokescreen 😉

    but i wanted to be more creative than that lol. 😁