Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Cavs Board
  3. Cavs Draft

Cavs Draft

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Cavs Board
67 Posts 18 Posters 9.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • LCDawgFan13 LCDawgFan13L One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 461 Posts
    • 8 Reputation
    LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Thought about doing a poll here but decided to leave it as just a discussion. Who do you want the Cavs to pick in the first round? Both picks in the first if you want.

    Me personally, I was on board with the Irving supporters until I got to witness Derrick Williams pick Duke apart last night! Wouldn't it be nice to see Williams' # 23 in a Cavs Uni next season? Add in Walker or Burks or Knight with that 2nd first rounder and then go best available with the 2nd round picks. This team could be back to being relevent next season!

    Let me know what you think!

    D 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • SJ_Browns S
      • 1k Posts
      • 12 Reputation
      S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
      #2

      i don't know alot about this years draft class. i haven't been paying alot of attention to anybody (other than watching osu games). what guys do you think fit the cavs needs?

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 14k Posts
        • 5k Reputation
        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Id like us to get real cornerstones like PG and Center.

        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
        Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • SJ_Browns S
          • 1k Posts
          • 12 Reputation
          S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
          #4

          we need a center badly. i wonder if they'll pull sasha kaun from the euro league and see if he has any value?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • nickersN nickers

            Id like us to get real cornerstones like PG and Center.

            Canton Mike Canton MikeC
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @nickers said:

            Id like us to get real cornerstones like PG and Center.

            Let's add..."PG & C with pride"! To explain myself, LBJ disrespected the Cavs players he left behind. Whether or not that disrespect was deserved doesn't matter....what does matter is that they showed no anger toward him when he returned to town with the Heat & in fact, most HUGGED him. If they had PRIDE, they certainly WOULD have shown their anger to him. We're getting players with pride on the Browns...It's now time to get some for the Cavs.

            Sorry for the ramble & I'm not very familiar with players available, but I do agree that, in order to build & sustain a winner, we need a high level of play from point guard & center.

            Mike

            IN DORSEY I TRUST
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 139 Reputation
              cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I would love to get Harrison Barnes with our first pick. we still have to beat out the timberwoves for the better percentage to get the first pick. Harrison Barnes would be a great 2 or 3 spot on our team. Kyrie would be nice but we have some pg's on our team already. With our second pick I would like to get Enes Canter, a Pau Gasol type dominating player he and JJ and Andy could all rotate pf to c depending on who else is on the floor. I would also like to do a homer pick and get David Lighty with one of our second rounders. Im sure we will be doing some wheeling and dealing before the draft because a lot of teams dont like this draft class,to be honest after picks 15 or so the talent really drops off. I see Jamison leaving and Parker and Boobie.

              Im thinkin

              PG-Baron, Sessions

              SG-JR Smith" via FA", Eyenga, Lighty, Barnes and Smith could rotate this spot too.

              SF-Harrison Barnes, Gee

              PF-JJ/Luke/Hollins--- good rotation

              C-Canter/Andy/Erden--- could be a super rotaion.---------------To be to not to be, do not let us down, oh wise ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • FearTheRoo F
                • 496 Posts
                • 14 Reputation
                F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

                S Canton MikeC 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13

                  Thought about doing a poll here but decided to leave it as just a discussion. Who do you want the Cavs to pick in the first round? Both picks in the first if you want.

                  Me personally, I was on board with the Irving supporters until I got to witness Derrick Williams pick Duke apart last night! Wouldn't it be nice to see Williams' # 23 in a Cavs Uni next season? Add in Walker or Burks or Knight with that 2nd first rounder and then go best available with the 2nd round picks. This team could be back to being relevent next season!

                  Let me know what you think!

                  Dawgdamit D
                  • 16 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  D Dawgdamit wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @lcdawgfan13 said:

                  Thought about doing a poll here but decided to leave it as just a discussion. Who do you want the Cavs to pick in the first round? Both picks in the first if you want.

                  Me personally, I was on board with the Irving supporters until I got to witness Derrick Williams pick Duke apart last night! Wouldn't it be nice to see Williams' # 23 in a Cavs Uni next season? Add in Walker or Burks or Knight with that 2nd first rounder and then go best available with the 2nd round picks. This team could be back to being relevent next season!

                  Let me know what you think!

                  One mock has us drafting, 3 SF in a row. Derrick Williams. T, Jones and Richmond in the 2nd rd. They also projected CSU's Cole to go late first round.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • LCDawgFan13 LCDawgFan13L One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 461 Posts
                    • 8 Reputation
                    LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I just read a mock that I loved...but would never happen in a BILLION years. He had Stern fixing the draft in Cleveland's favor and had the Clippers getting the #1 pick and the Cavs getting #2 in the lottery thus the Cavs would be picking 1 & 2. He then had them taking Derrick Williams #1 and Harrison Barnes #2. One can dream right?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • F FearTheRoo

                      I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

                      SJ_Browns S
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 12 Reputation
                      S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @feartheroo said:

                      I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

                      i don't know alot about kemba, but i heard some bad things about his shooting skills. does anybody know if this is true?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • b86b b86bB
                        • 333 Posts
                        • 15 Reputation
                        b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Williams and Knight would be a great combo for the next few years!!!!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • MDHQ M
                          • 11 Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          M MDHQ wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Im guessing Brandon Knight

                          Make a 2012 Mock Draft
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • F FearTheRoo

                            I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

                            Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                            • 4k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @feartheroo said:

                            I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

                            Most folks are now wanting Irving at #1. Not me, & here's my thinking...If we take Irving #1, Williams will almost certainly be gone by #4 & we will either be looking at drafting 2 top guards or taking a chance on Kanter (who I question athletically) or any of a number of "IFS". If we take Williams #1, sitting at #4 WILL be either Irving (almost surely NOT), Walker, or Knight, & that makes for a pretty sure bet on 2 outstanding players. We'll see how this pans out, but I want to see the Cavs maximize BOTH picks rather than taking a huge gamble with #4.

                            Mike

                            IN DORSEY I TRUST
                            F 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                              @feartheroo said:

                              I'm hoping for Kemba Walker out of UConn and Derrick Williams out of Arizona if he declares. I agree we need a PG and a Big Man and the pick we got from the Clippers will allow us to get both.

                              Most folks are now wanting Irving at #1. Not me, & here's my thinking...If we take Irving #1, Williams will almost certainly be gone by #4 & we will either be looking at drafting 2 top guards or taking a chance on Kanter (who I question athletically) or any of a number of "IFS". If we take Williams #1, sitting at #4 WILL be either Irving (almost surely NOT), Walker, or Knight, & that makes for a pretty sure bet on 2 outstanding players. We'll see how this pans out, but I want to see the Cavs maximize BOTH picks rather than taking a huge gamble with #4.

                              Mike

                              FearTheRoo F
                              • 496 Posts
                              • 14 Reputation
                              F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @canton-mike said:

                              Most folks are now wanting Irving at #1. Not me, & here's my thinking...If we take Irving #1, Williams will almost certainly be gone by #4 & we will either be looking at drafting 2 top guards or taking a chance on Kanter (who I question athletically) or any of a number of "IFS". If we take Williams #1, sitting at #4 WILL be either Irving (almost surely NOT), Walker, or Knight, & that makes for a pretty sure bet on 2 outstanding players. We'll see how this pans out, but I want to see the Cavs maximize BOTH picks rather than taking a huge gamble with #4.

                              Mike

                              This is exactly how I feel. I'm not sold on Kanter at all! But I feel like the "media" has already tagged Irving as #1 which is probably true. I mean he barely played last year so I didn't get a chance to see much of him...

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Chris. C
                                • 151 Posts
                                • 2 Reputation
                                C Chris. wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                mikeyP72 said:

                                I like the PG and Center idea. However, who is gonna play SF and who is gonna SCORE points?

                                Can't solve all of our problems in one draft. We'll most likely be back in the lottery next year, and that draft looks heavy in wing players (http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft). Top 5-caliber legit centers don't come around too often, to pass on one for an average PG prospect doesn't really make sense to me. Especially one like Kanter, who looks like he has the outside game that would work great next to Varejao.

                                Williams - Varejao - Kanter would be a pretty good looking frontcourt, but I don't think I'd pass on Irving. Get our PG and Center this year, and a wing player next year. I'd be fine watching the growing pains with two great building blocks if we end up back in the lottery next year, with a shot at someone like Harrison Barnes.

                                ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Nw220 N
                                  • 1k Posts
                                  • 27 Reputation
                                  N Nw220 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  I dono about Irving but if we took him number 1 then we'd have to take Kanter or someone else for the Big, Kanter is an unknown who just showed up late in the season..

                                  Id say are best option would be Williams and then Knight, but what really sucks is this draft isnt that great and we have two top 5 picks...

                                  If this was another draft id be stoked but i dont see any superstars in this draft...

                                  Id say trade the 4th overall pick with Baron Davis and whoever else for Chris Paul and then take Williams number 1..

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • LCDawgFan13 LCDawgFan13L One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 461 Posts
                                    • 8 Reputation
                                    LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    mikeyP72 said:

                                    That's what I've been sayin!!

                                    I think NOL would be crazy to do it, but they have to know CP3 is gone after next season and they can pickup a potential PG replacement in Knight or Walker.

                                    What makes anyone think that would be a good deal for the Cavs? CP3 is not going to re-sign in Cleveland anyway! We'd essentially be giving away the #4 pick and Davis for a one and done player. I agree with those saying to take Williams #1...It leaves the board more open with the 4th pick. You could go PG there or even still go big, remembering that Sessions was showing some serious signs of being really good, and still get a young PG with our 1st pick in the 2nd round...Maybe a Norris Cole?

                                    cambridgehoC 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13

                                      mikeyP72 said:

                                      That's what I've been sayin!!

                                      I think NOL would be crazy to do it, but they have to know CP3 is gone after next season and they can pickup a potential PG replacement in Knight or Walker.

                                      What makes anyone think that would be a good deal for the Cavs? CP3 is not going to re-sign in Cleveland anyway! We'd essentially be giving away the #4 pick and Davis for a one and done player. I agree with those saying to take Williams #1...It leaves the board more open with the 4th pick. You could go PG there or even still go big, remembering that Sessions was showing some serious signs of being really good, and still get a young PG with our 1st pick in the 2nd round...Maybe a Norris Cole?

                                      cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 139 Reputation
                                      cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @lcdawgfan13 said:

                                      What makes anyone think that would be a good deal for the Cavs? CP3 is not going to re-sign in Cleveland anyway! We'd essentially be giving away the #4 pick and Davis for a one and done player. I agree with those saying to take Williams #1...It leaves the board more open with the 4th pick. You could go PG there or even still go big, remembering that Sessions was showing some serious signs of being really good, and still get a young PG with our 1st pick in the 2nd round...Maybe a Norris Cole?

                                      I think sessions will be trade bait this year. Possibly a late 1st rounder. Also I seen on the espn insider cleveland might try and buy a pick. I really dont know what type of pick they could buy, but if they traded both the 2nds and gave some cash for a 15-25 pick I would be all for it. We really dont have any need for any more 2nd rounders, have our team is that already.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • JMcCurry08 J
                                        • 14 Posts
                                        • 1 Reputation
                                        J JMcCurry08 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        I say we trade 4/32 for 2 draft Derrick Williams. Trade the Exception for Richard Hamilton and #8 and get Alec Burks.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • C Chris.

                                          mikeyP72 said:

                                          I like the PG and Center idea. However, who is gonna play SF and who is gonna SCORE points?

                                          Can't solve all of our problems in one draft. We'll most likely be back in the lottery next year, and that draft looks heavy in wing players (http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft). Top 5-caliber legit centers don't come around too often, to pass on one for an average PG prospect doesn't really make sense to me. Especially one like Kanter, who looks like he has the outside game that would work great next to Varejao.

                                          Williams - Varejao - Kanter would be a pretty good looking frontcourt, but I don't think I'd pass on Irving. Get our PG and Center this year, and a wing player next year. I'd be fine watching the growing pains with two great building blocks if we end up back in the lottery next year, with a shot at someone like Harrison Barnes.

                                          ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 9k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @chris. said:

                                          Can't solve all of our problems in one draft. We'll most likely be back in the lottery next year, and that draft looks heavy in wing players (http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft). Top 5-caliber legit centers don't come around too often, to pass on one for an average PG prospect doesn't really make sense to me. Especially one like Kanter, who looks like he has the outside game that would work great next to Varejao.

                                          Williams - Varejao - Kanter would be a pretty good looking frontcourt, but I don't think I'd pass on Irving. Get our PG and Center this year, and a wing player next year. I'd be fine watching the growing pains with two great building blocks if we end up back in the lottery next year, with a shot at someone like Harrison Barnes.

                                          I agree.

                                          Williams is a good player but something tells me he won't be a standout pro.

                                          He'll be good no doubt but he won't stand out at the position like a few other do.

                                          Irving can be a standout PG.

                                          PG, C is the route we will take.

                                          If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate