Skip to content

Cavs Draft

The Cavs Board
67 18 9.4k
  • mikeyP72 said:

    It's called sign and trade........

    Thank you im glad someone understands that. If we traded for CP3 it'd be in the trade clause that'd he have to sign a long term deal

    @nw220 said:

    Thank you im glad someone understands that. If we traded for CP3 it'd be in the trade clause that'd he have to sign a long term deal

    CP3 has said Byron Scott is his favorite coach. But there is no longer a such thing as loyalty in the NBA.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    It's called sign and trade........

    Thank you im glad someone understands that. If we traded for CP3 it'd be in the trade clause that'd he have to sign a long term deal

    @nw220 said:

    Thank you im glad someone understands that. If we traded for CP3 it'd be in the trade clause that'd he have to sign a long term deal

    He wants out of New Orleans...And he's got other otions for where he can go! He's not going to re-sign with the Hornets just to get traded to Cleveland. I wish he would, but dreaming of that is going to get us nowhere! CP3 agreeing to a sign & trade with Cleveland is not going to happen.

  • Theres a great possibility it could happen he loves byron scott and what you'd need to do is send the 4th overall pick to NO with Baron Davis and then decide if you really think Williams is worth the legit #1 pick in this draft and if you feel hes not then use that as bait as well..How about this #1 overall draft pick for Kevin Love or Lamarcus Aldrige or Danny Granger have one of them and Chris Paul playing in Byron Scotts offense with JJ Hickson as well. Then Go out and sign Micheal Redd as a Shooter whos contract is up this year..

    Or see what other players there are out there who teams would be willing to be able to part with one for the 1st overall pick.. Because were not going to need Irving if we had CP3.

    Basically this is the way i see it Irving as well as Williams are Unknowns and there potential isnt what you know what your getting in alot of other players..

    Take the First Pick and Trade it to one of the People i mentioned above or possibly someone else and throw in Jamison hes eating Cap anyways and his best days are behind him.

    Let Hickison take over the PF position

    Then take The 4th overall pick and Trade Baron Davis and Sessions to the Hornets for CP3

    Add Redd F/A as well as others..

    We'd be Conteneders in the East automatically..

    We wont be Right out of the gate with Irving and Kanter anyways, plus knowing Clevelands luck they both could turn out to just be average players

  • We wont be Right out of the gate with Irving and Kanter anyways, plus knowing Clevelands luck they both could turn out to just be average players

    Right.....or all the players you trade for blow out their knees and have to retire.

    Keep the picks.

    Take the two best players you can and move on.

  • We wont be Right out of the gate with Irving and Kanter anyways, plus knowing Clevelands luck they both could turn out to just be average players

    Right.....or all the players you trade for blow out their knees and have to retire.

    Keep the picks.

    Take the two best players you can and move on.

    @ballpeen said:

    We wont be Right out of the gate with Irving and Kanter anyways, plus knowing Clevelands luck they both could turn out to just be average players

    Right.....or all the players you trade for blow out their knees and have to retire.

    Keep the picks.

    Take the two best players you can and move on.

    [/quote

    Yeah right cause two unknowns are better than two proven NBA Stars..

  • As much as I'd rather have proven stars, I just don't see that happening for us. We're going to have to rebuild through the draft, and maybe grab a decent player at the trade deadline next year. I'm made the Wolves-Cavs-Pistons trade fell through. The way I see it, Cavs should just trade both 2nd round & 4th overall to Minnesota for the 2nd. Since I know the wolves want to get out of the 2 spot.

  • Like i said trade for legit proven stars dont waste your top picks on such a weak draft..

    Reports are now that Lakers and Heat are trying to trade for the #1 pick.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    I don't see there being a chance in hell we give the heat the #1 pick, but that's just me.

    Agreed...Why in the hell would we give both of our last two #1's overall to Miami?! They already got LeGoneinthefourthquarter. They don't need Irving or Williams too (they likely would take Irving).

  • I just saw the following mock draft...first round only.

    My link

    There is actually some really good logic in this for the Cavs. I don't see the draft going down this way, but I think I'd be okay with it if it did.

    What are some of your thoughts?

  • I just saw the following mock draft...first round only.

    My link

    There is actually some really good logic in this for the Cavs. I don't see the draft going down this way, but I think I'd be okay with it if it did.

    What are some of your thoughts?

    @lcdawgfan13 said:

    I just saw the following mock draft...first round only.

    My link

    There is actually some really good logic in this for the Cavs. I don't see the draft going down this way, but I think I'd be okay with it if it did.

    What are some of your thoughts?

    Exactly the scenario my Son & I have discussed. The position of strength in this draft is Guard. If we take Irving with the first pick, there will be a TON of question marks remaining at 4, unless we take a 2nd Guard, & that's a no-no. If you take Williams (frontline scorer) at #1, there will still be good talent at Guard #4, & I do like Walker (I think he could be a very good PG). IMHO, every Center on the board is a huge question mark. We'll see.

    Mike

  • @lcdawgfan13 said:

    I just saw the following mock draft...first round only.

    My link

    There is actually some really good logic in this for the Cavs. I don't see the draft going down this way, but I think I'd be okay with it if it did.

    What are some of your thoughts?

    Exactly the scenario my Son & I have discussed. The position of strength in this draft is Guard. If we take Irving with the first pick, there will be a TON of question marks remaining at 4, unless we take a 2nd Guard, & that's a no-no. If you take Williams (frontline scorer) at #1, there will still be good talent at Guard #4, & I do like Walker (I think he could be a very good PG). IMHO, every Center on the board is a huge question mark. We'll see.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Exactly the scenario my Son & I have discussed. The position of strength in this draft is Guard. If we take Irving with the first pick, there will be a TON of question marks remaining at 4, unless we take a 2nd Guard, & that's a no-no. If you take Williams (frontline scorer) at #1, there will still be good talent at Guard #4, & I do like Walker (I think he could be a very good PG). IMHO, every Center on the board is a huge question mark. We'll see.

    Mike

    The #1 is a no brainer. Take Irving. Anything other than that and the whole FO should be fired on the spot.

  • Is there ANYONE that actually give me REAL reasons why Kyrie Irving is a better pick than Derrick Williams? How can anyone say that he is a "lock" or a "sure pick?" PDG...Why/how is he a "no-brainer?" He wasn't able to make it through one season of college ball. I'm not saying that he won't become a great pro. But I can't see how he is the better pick for the Cavs at #1. Aside from the fact that you leave yourself better options at #4 by picking Williams over Irving, there are a couple other reasons I can name that Williams is the better pick.

    1. He has proven that he can stay healthy...He's done it through 2 seasons at Arizona. And that is playing a more physical position down in the paint than Irving plays at the point also.

    2. The Cavaliers need help everywhere. But they currently do have Davis and Sessions at the point. Who is left at the 3? Anyone? Gee? Eyenga? Where's the depth there? Who are you going to grab at 4 or 32 or 54 to fill that hole? Nobody that is nearly as good as Williams.

    3. Irving is a good baller...but there is this little piece of me that keeps saying "He's another guard from Duke. STAY AWAY!" And rightfully so. Can you name another Duke PG that went on to become a TEAM LEADER in the NBA? Redick? uh...no! Sheldon Williams? Nope! Jason Williams? Eh-Eh! There's just not a great history of Duke guards making a successful transition to the NBA...at least not the success that is needed in Cleveland right now. Not to mention that Irving, despite the fact that he will facilitate the offense and can hit an open jumper, is not the kind of player that can carry a team on his back either. And that is something this team needs too. Williams has shown that he can and will put his team on his back and so has another point guard in this draft...Walker.

    Again...I am not saying that Williams is going to save this team and win an NBA championship. But I do believe that Williams will get them closer than Irving.

  • Do you honestly think that taking an undersized PF with the #1 overall is a good idea? He will get abused on the defensive end whether he plays the 3 or the 4. As far as Irving goes, he is the only talent in this draft that may prove to be elite. The Cavs kind of got screwed by having such great picks in what is a terribly weak draft.

  • You can look at him as an undersized PF if you want...but I never referred to him playing the 4. If you watched any of his games the past 2 years, his games translates to the 3 better than the 4. He is a scorer for sure and is big enough to post up against smaller 3's in the league. As far as defense goes...remember that that was the knock on a lot of players in the NBA...including a former 3 who sported the #23 in Cleveland before taking his talents to "Souf Beach." No...I am not suggesting that Williams will turn into Lebron...but I am saying that there are a lot of college players that don't play solid defense until they get to the NBA and develop that part of their game. And...besides...Byron Scott doesn't seem to put any emphasis on the defensive side of the ball anyway. haha

    And...you still give no reasons for your claims that Irving "is the only talent in this draft that may prove to be elite."

    At least back up your opinion with some reasoning.

  • You can look at him as an undersized PF if you want...but I never referred to him playing the 4. If you watched any of his games the past 2 years, his games translates to the 3 better than the 4. He is a scorer for sure and is big enough to post up against smaller 3's in the league. As far as defense goes...remember that that was the knock on a lot of players in the NBA...including a former 3 who sported the #23 in Cleveland before taking his talents to "Souf Beach." No...I am not suggesting that Williams will turn into Lebron...but I am saying that there are a lot of college players that don't play solid defense until they get to the NBA and develop that part of their game. And...besides...Byron Scott doesn't seem to put any emphasis on the defensive side of the ball anyway. haha

    And...you still give no reasons for your claims that Irving "is the only talent in this draft that may prove to be elite."

    At least back up your opinion with some reasoning.

    @lcdawgfan13 said:

    You can look at him as an undersized PF if you want...but I never referred to him playing the 4. If you watched any of his games the past 2 years, his games translates to the 3 better than the 4. He is a scorer for sure and is big enough to post up against smaller 3's in the league. As far as defense goes...remember that that was the knock on a lot of players in the NBA...including a former 3 who sported the #23 in Cleveland before taking his talents to "Souf Beach." No...I am not suggesting that Williams will turn into Lebron...but I am saying that there are a lot of college players that don't play solid defense until they get to the NBA and develop that part of their game. And...besides...Byron Scott doesn't seem to put any emphasis on the defensive side of the ball anyway. haha

    And...you still give no reasons for your claims that Irving "is the only talent in this draft that may prove to be elite."

    At least back up your opinion with some reasoning.

    You mean reasoning like, I don't trust Duke PGs? I'm not saying that Irving will be elite but that he is the closest thing to it in this draft. I honestly don't think that there is anyone that will be able to put a team on his back coming out of there. The only knocks on Irving is his shot selection (very coachable), turnovers (coachable), and his speed isn't quite up to Rose and Wall (whose is?).

  • @lcdawgfan13 said:

    You can look at him as an undersized PF if you want...but I never referred to him playing the 4. If you watched any of his games the past 2 years, his games translates to the 3 better than the 4. He is a scorer for sure and is big enough to post up against smaller 3's in the league. As far as defense goes...remember that that was the knock on a lot of players in the NBA...including a former 3 who sported the #23 in Cleveland before taking his talents to "Souf Beach." No...I am not suggesting that Williams will turn into Lebron...but I am saying that there are a lot of college players that don't play solid defense until they get to the NBA and develop that part of their game. And...besides...Byron Scott doesn't seem to put any emphasis on the defensive side of the ball anyway. haha

    And...you still give no reasons for your claims that Irving "is the only talent in this draft that may prove to be elite."

    At least back up your opinion with some reasoning.

    You mean reasoning like, I don't trust Duke PGs? I'm not saying that Irving will be elite but that he is the closest thing to it in this draft. I honestly don't think that there is anyone that will be able to put a team on his back coming out of there. The only knocks on Irving is his shot selection (very coachable), turnovers (coachable), and his speed isn't quite up to Rose and Wall (whose is?).

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    You mean reasoning like, I don't trust Duke PGs? I'm not saying that Irving will be elite but that he is the closest thing to it in this draft. I honestly don't think that there is anyone that will be able to put a team on his back coming out of there. The only knocks on Irving is his shot selection (very coachable), turnovers (coachable), and his speed isn't quite up to Rose and Wall (whose is?).

    Obviously, you failed to read or at least to comprehend the rest of my reasoning. It doesn't matter because your opinion and mine do not matter anyway. That's the bottom line. I just thought that the purpose of forums like this is for us as fans to actually discuss and debate things just like who our team should take. Apparently, you don't want to put any effort into a discussion but just want to disregard any opinion other than your own.

  • I take Williams over Irving simply because of experince and they use of the 4th pick could be Brandon Knight,Kanter is going to Utah by everything ive heard..So that leaves us with Jonas Valanciucas who has a 3 million buyout who may not be able to play in the NBA for a lil while

    Dosent make much sense to me,although Jonas does look pretty good for a 20 year old big man

  • My personal opinion is that there may not be a center WORTHY of a 1st round pick in this draft. Get Williams at #1 & Walker at #4. If the Cavs take Irving at 1, I'm all for trading that 4th pick. We may need a center, but more than that, we need a forward who can score from beyond 10' (who is under 35) & a point guard. Personally, I LOVE Walker's game & he's proven himself over the long haul (performance AND durability), & there are experts who think he will develop into a better PG than Irving. Who knows? As far as I'm concerned, if you take Irving at #1, there isn't anyone left (as Williams will be gone) worthy of the 4 pick....I'm excluding guards, because if we take 2 guards at 1 & 4, the Cavs may as well throw in the towel.

    Mike

  • I'll be disappointed if we don't get Irving AND Williams. I originally wanted Irving and Kanter, but with Minnesota obviously not wanting another point guard...it seems like a good GM would be able to get Irving from them (assuming we take Williams first), especially when we have the #4 pick as bait.

    Anything else would kind of be a let down for me. But if we come out of the draft with a true PG and a true center...there are worse things.

  • I just read on Yahoo...the Cavs are now talking about Tristan Thompson from TX at the #4? I'd rather trade out of that spot!

    I really hope that Gilbert and Grant don't screw this up!