Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. 2Nd Round Board

2Nd Round Board

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
47 Posts 26 Posters 3.6k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
    • 2k Posts
    • 29 Reputation
    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by TheClevelandSound
    #1

    My Big Board for tomorrow looks like this:

    1. WR Torrey Smith, Maryland

    2. WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)

    3. WR Titus Young, Boise State

    4. CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)

    5. WR/KR Randall Cob, Kentucky

    6. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA

    7. DE/OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

    8. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida

    9. OT/G Will Rackley, LeHigh

    10. DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

    What is on your wishlist tomorrow?

    Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
    rich4eagleR 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • BigBrownsFan B
      • 534 Posts
      • 6 Reputation
      B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Gimme Harris and Hankerson

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
        • 2k Posts
        • 29 Reputation
        TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
        #3

        mikeyP72 said:

        I'll bet that we will literally take none of those players.

        Ummmmm why do you say that?

        Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • why cant we win W
          • 467 Posts
          • 3 Reputation
          W why cant we win wrote on last edited by
          #4

          what about reed ? i think hes good

          TheClevelandSoundT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • bonedawg B
            • 847 Posts
            • 26 Reputation
            B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I said it last draft, and I will say it again this year. We need a go to WR whether it is via draft or free agency. I am saying this despite being a defense first kind of guy. WR is just such a glaring no talent vortex for us that after trading mr. new york essence, we have failed to fill. I was hoping we would get AJ Green or Julio Jones, and I was initially pissed that we traded out of the 6 pick, but after hearing what we got, that was an awesome move. Now we just have to trust the Heckert/Holmgren braintrust to actually use those picks on quality players.

            LoyaltyL 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • b86b b86bB
              • 333 Posts
              • 15 Reputation
              b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Titus Young with the early 2nd.....

              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • W why cant we win

                what about reed ? i think hes good

                TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
                • 2k Posts
                • 29 Reputation
                TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by TheClevelandSound
                #7

                @why-cant-we-win said:

                what about reed ? i think hes good

                Forgot about him. Hes on the big board

                @b86b said:

                Titus Young with the early 2nd.....

                Wouldn't be disappointed with this pick.

                @bonedawg said:

                I said it last draft, and I will say it again this year. We need a go to WR whether it is via draft or free agency. I am saying this despite being a defense first kind of guy. WR is just such a glaring no talent vortex for us that after trading mr. new york essence, we have failed to fill. I was hoping we would get AJ Green or Julio Jones, and I was initially pissed that we traded out of the 6 pick, but after hearing what we got, that was an awesome move. Now we just have to trust the Heckert/Holmgren braintrust to actually use those picks on quality players.

                This is exactly what I have been saying all along. Is the sun too close to Berea? Cuz it seems everyone there is BLIND!

                Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Kovah K
                  • 26 Posts
                  • 1 Reputation
                  K Kovah wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I want bowers with the first pick in the round. than hopefully a WR or a linebacker

                  Bleed Brown and Orange
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                    • 3k Posts
                    • 241 Reputation
                    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    You are forgetting Williams from Texas and Brooks Reed. I wouldn't touch Hankerson with a 10 foot pole.

                    Ruining threads since 1897.
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • ITHIKA ITHIKAI Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 547 Posts
                      • 21 Reputation
                      ITHIKAI ITHIKA wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      no jimmy smith?

                      Slow Ur Role Jabroni!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • B bonedawg

                        I said it last draft, and I will say it again this year. We need a go to WR whether it is via draft or free agency. I am saying this despite being a defense first kind of guy. WR is just such a glaring no talent vortex for us that after trading mr. new york essence, we have failed to fill. I was hoping we would get AJ Green or Julio Jones, and I was initially pissed that we traded out of the 6 pick, but after hearing what we got, that was an awesome move. Now we just have to trust the Heckert/Holmgren braintrust to actually use those picks on quality players.

                        Loyalty LoyaltyL
                        • 283 Posts
                        • 10 Reputation
                        LoyaltyL Loyalty wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @bonedawg said:

                        I said it last draft, and I will say it again this year. We need a go to WR whether it is via draft or free agency. I am saying this despite being a defense first kind of guy. WR is just such a glaring no talent vortex for us that after trading mr. new york essence, we have failed to fill. I was hoping we would get AJ Green or Julio Jones, and I was initially pissed that we traded out of the 6 pick, but after hearing what we got, that was an awesome move. Now we just have to trust the Heckert/Holmgren braintrust to actually use those picks on quality players.

                        I felt the same, but if you look at what we did, we moved up and traded out of the 3rd round... Leaving two picks in the 2nd round and ZERO in the third.

                        That tells me they have some plans to either move up in the first 2 or 3 picks today OR they are going to fill more needs...

                        @kovah said:

                        I want bowers with the first pick in the round. than hopefully a WR or a linebacker

                        My big board for day 2....

                        1. Akeem Ayers (OLB)

                        2. Da'Quan Bowers (DT/DE) - His knee scares the hell out of me, but he was a Top 15 prospect and we need to fill up that 4-3 Dline

                        3. Aaron Williams (Missed out on Patrick Peterson, would love to see us get a CB/S to help a porous secondary)

                        4. Torrey Smith (At this point, WRs are almost a dime a dozen... He is the best availble IMO.

                        5. DeMarco Murray (Gotta Prep for the Curse) - I know we have Hillis, but fact is that the AFC North is HELL for HBs and the Browns need depth. He has speed as well.

                        6. Titus Young - A possible 'steal' if his playmaking ability pays off.

                        6a. Casey Matthews (MLB) - The name says it all.. For the love of god, get someone to replace D'Qwell "I'm Broken" Jackson

                        7. Leonard Hankerson - The guy has stone hands at times, but had nice flashes against the Bucks.

                        8. Edmund Gates (WR) - 4.31 40 - finally a FAST guy... unless he gets broken in half.

                        FREE AGENTS/TRADE BAIT

                        Randy Moss - Give him a front loaded 2 year deal... cut him if he goes into 'Oakland Mode'

                        Steve Smith - He is a veteran with proven ability and his long-time QB is a back-up here... maybe he could be talked into coming?

                        Vincent Jackson - Talent is obvious... the rest, not so much

                        Nnamdi Asomugha - We have money, spend it on the best DB out there and we are scary to pass against from a secondary perspective.

                        Barrett Ruud - Don't know if he was re-signed but the dude is like a defensive Peyton Hillis

                        "A winner never whines." Paul Brown
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • 585Dawg 5
                          • 117 Posts
                          • 1 Reputation
                          5 585Dawg wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Titus Young!!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • LCDawgFan13 LCDawgFan13L One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 461 Posts
                            • 8 Reputation
                            LCDawgFan13L LCDawgFan13 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Would not be upset with any combo of Bowers and Smith/Young/Hankerson. I would like to see Matthews here too but we need to fill some other holes more than MLB. And we don't even know when or how long a free agency will be this year...if there is free agency and who will be available as a FA. Can't depend on FA to fill those holes.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • 36Bones 36Bones3
                              • 95 Posts
                              • 4 Reputation
                              36Bones3 36Bones wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I'd like to see the Bowers/Young/Williams combo, if we can pull it off. Very pleased with the Taylor pick.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                                • 3k Posts
                                • 241 Reputation
                                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Right now I really think that we take either Williams for Harris first. Both could have easily went in the first round (Williams should have been gone at 31 with the Steelers). I like them both. Williams has really good size and can play both corner and safety, plus he is a Colt McCoy teammate and should like player here because of that. Harris was the 2nd rated CB behind Peterson in their recruiting class. Still managed to have a good college career while people are saying he was improperly coached at Miami and could explode with the right coach in the NFL (how about the guy that coached both Joe Haden and TJ Ward last year). After that I think we take a DE with the second pick in the 2nd round. Bailey or Acho, maybe Houston if he keeps falling. We won't look at WR until round 4 or 5.

                                Ruining threads since 1897.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Here is the draft order for Day 2 at this point:

                                  1.New England

                                  2.Buffalo

                                  3.Cincinnati

                                  4.Denver Broncos

                                  5.Cleveland Brown

                                  6.Arizona Cardinals

                                  7.Tennessee Titans

                                  8.Dallas Cowboys

                                  9.Washington Redskins

                                  10.Houston Texans

                                  11.Minnesota Vikings

                                  12.Detroit Lions

                                  13.San Francisco 49ers

                                  14.Denver Broncos

                                  15.St. Louis Rams

                                  16.Oakland Raiders

                                  17.Washington Redskins

                                  18.San Diego Chargers

                                  19.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

                                  20.NY Giants

                                  21.Indianapolis Colts

                                  22.Philadelphia Eagles

                                  23.Kansas City Chiefs

                                  24.New Orleans Saints

                                  25.Seattle Seahawks

                                  26.Baltimore Ravens

                                  27.Cleveland Browns

                                  28.New England Patriots

                                  29.San Diego Chargers

                                  30.Chicago Bears

                                  31.Pittsburgh Steelers

                                  32.Green Bay Packers

                                  And here is a list of the top 32 prospects left per one draft service, in order:

                                  DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson

                                  Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas

                                  Akeem Ayers LB UCLA

                                  Brook Reed LB Arizona

                                  Stephen Paea DT Ore. St.

                                  Justin Houston DE Georgia

                                  Torrey Smith WR Maryland

                                  Aaron Williams CB Texas

                                  Brandon Harris CB Miami

                                  Mike LeShoure RB Illinois

                                  Raheem Moore S UCLA

                                  Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

                                  Rodney Hudson C FSU

                                  Allen Bailey DE Miami

                                  Bruce Carter LB North Carolina

                                  Drake Nevis DT LSU

                                  Andy Dalton QB TCU

                                  Benjamin Ijalana OT/G Villanova

                                  Sam Acho DE Texas

                                  Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

                                  Randall Cobb WR Kentucky

                                  Leonard Hankerson WR Miami

                                  Christian Ballard DE Iowa

                                  Marvin Austen DT North Carolina

                                  Titus Young WR Boise

                                  Curtis Brown CB Texas

                                  DaVon House CB New Mexico

                                  Jurrell Casey DT USC

                                  Dontay Moch DE Nevada

                                  Ryan Williams RB Va. Tech

                                  Quan Sturdivant CB NC

                                  Stefan Wisniewiski C Penn St.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • jnuh J
                                    • 402 Posts
                                    • 27 Reputation
                                    J jnuh wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    I would really love for the Brownies to roll the dice on Bowers. If the dude is healthy and can play he could be an absolute beast and a true playmaker on defense (which we desperately need)I would even go as far as trading the Falcons first and a fourth (either this yr or next yr) to get that first pick in the second. We could grab Bowers, A CB, and BPA at the end of the second. I am fine with grabbing Greg Little as a WR later on as I think that kid is going to be a beast.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 87 Reputation
                                      WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      We will trade down wth our first pick in the 2nd rd with the raider

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        How does this look for how the first part of the second round would go:

                                        1.New England Stepen Paea DT

                                        2.Buffalo Andy Dalton QB

                                        3.Cincinnati DaQuon Bowers DE

                                        4.Denver Broncos Kyle Rudolph TE

                                        5.Cleveland Browns Sam Acho DE !!

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • jnuh J
                                          • 402 Posts
                                          • 27 Reputation
                                          J jnuh wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          I would really love us to try and trade to get the Pats pick and grab Bowers. He was a top 5 talent. No need to let him slide to a division rival.

                                          hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate