Skip to content

2Nd Round Board

The Browns Board
47 26 3.6k
  • If you watch the Heckert/Shurmer post draft presser on Clevelandbrowns.com Heckert says that he isn't to concerned about Bowers injury ... just saying. I'm normally a fan of the safe pick ... but my gut is really hoping we roll the dice and grab Bowers. I would prefer to move Atlanta's first rounder to the Pats (if we can) so we can also have 2 more second rounders w Bowers. I think realistically if we could pull that off it will give us a big enough face lift to really compete next year.

    @jnuh said:

    If you watch the Heckert/Shurmer post draft presser on Clevelandbrowns.com Heckert says that he isn't to concerned about Bowers injury ... just saying. I'm normally a fan of the safe pick ... but my gut is really hoping we roll the dice and grab Bowers. I would prefer to move Atlanta's first rounder to the Pats (if we can) so we can also have 2 more second rounders w Bowers. I think realistically if we could pull that off it will give us a big enough face lift to really compete next year.

    I totally agree. If we can get Bowers with that pick and then nab a wr and either a CB or RT all in the 2nd round, then giving up that 1st from the falcons well worth it.

  • I would love to see the Browns pick up Jabaal Sheard DE/Pittsburgh at 37 and then Leonard Hankerson WR/Miami(Fl) or Titus Young WR/Boise St at 59.

  • I would really love us to try and trade to get the Pats pick and grab Bowers. He was a top 5 talent. No need to let him slide to a division rival.

    @jnuh said:

    I would really love us to try and trade to get the Pats pick and grab Bowers. He was a top 5 talent. No need to let him slide to a division rival.

    I wouldn't- at this point it would cost too much to move up a few slots. Oh well, that third round pick we traded away would have come in really handy about now, but who in their right mind would have thought Bowers would still be on the board in the second round?

    And just like the Brady Quinn fiasco, there HAS to be a reason every team with a first round pick passed on the guy yesterday.

    Hmmmmm...... Heckert had no problems rolling the dice on injury risks last year (Ward & Hardesty) so maybe that will be the pick, if he's still on the board.

    PS- I'm still looking for the Bengals to take a qb- regardless if the Bills take Dalton or not. The Pats and Broncos probably will go BPA on D with their picks, so little chance of Bowers still being there when the Browns pick.

    My choices? Houston for DE, and Smith @ wr.

  • I don't think we will take Bowers, not because of his injury, but because he is not a prototypical DE for our 4-3. Especially now that we have taken Taylor, I think BOTH of our DE's are going to have to be lighter and faster ends. I look for us to take Reed or Sheard at DE in that first 2nd round pick, or we go DB. Two possible DE's with the second pick in the 2nd would be Acho and Bailey.

  • DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson

    Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

    Aaron Williams CB Texas

    Akeem Ayers LB UCLA

    Brook Reed LB Arizona

    Raheem Moore S UCLA

    Torrey Smith WR Maryland

    Brandon Harris CB Miami

    Titus Young WR Boise

    There's my big board in order...I like Bowers alot. I like Dowling and Williams over B.Harris. I think going CB early round 2 is the way to go. You can Never have enough talent in the defensive backfield.

  • Houston and Jernigan would be my pick today, stickin to my original board lol

  • My Big Board for tomorrow looks like this:

    1. WR Torrey Smith, Maryland

    2. WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)

    3. WR Titus Young, Boise State

    4. CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)

    5. WR/KR Randall Cob, Kentucky

    6. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA

    7. DE/OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

    8. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida

    9. OT/G Will Rackley, LeHigh

    10. DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

    What is on your wishlist tomorrow?

    @theclevelandsound said:

    My Big Board for tomorrow looks like this:

    1. WR Torrey Smith, Maryland

    2. WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)

    3. WR Titus Young, Boise State

    4. CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)

    5. WR/KR Randall Cob, Kentucky

    6. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA

    7. DE/OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

    8. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida

    9. OT/G Will Rackley, LeHigh

    10. DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

    What is on your wishlist tomorrow?

    If people who touch the ball stink you will never be better than losing..........................we stink on roster with people who touch the ball.........I thought Holmgren and Heckert understood this.........maybe I hope not they are just another succession of buffoonery pandering the Dawg Pound stupidity

  • I would actually like to see Paea with the first pick in the second round. Good teams are built from the inside out.

    Houston has not played with his hand on the ground much, he will not be a very good DE at the pro level. I'd rather put Paea next to Rubin and Taylor, he played DE at times in college.

    Some WR/CB will be good value in the end of round2.

  • The Browns will take Bowers ! He'll have a fire in him after being passed up in the entire first round. I believe the Pats will take Brooks Reed, I think he's still available...

    The pick from Atlanta - the Browns will draft a wr to play in the slot. I think that's Randall Cobb. Or Young or Jernigan.

    Titus and Jernigan are burners, Cobb is Mr. Versatile tough guy.

  • I would actually like to see Paea with the first pick in the second round. Good teams are built from the inside out.

    Houston has not played with his hand on the ground much, he will not be a very good DE at the pro level. I'd rather put Paea next to Rubin and Taylor, he played DE at times in college.

    Some WR/CB will be good value in the end of round2.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I would actually like to see Paea with the first pick in the second round. Good teams are built from the inside out.

    Houston has not played with his hand on the ground much, he will not be a very good DE at the pro level. I'd rather put Paea next to Rubin and Taylor, he played DE at times in college.

    Some WR/CB will be good value in the end of round2.

    Who really. Heckert is looking for quick athletic ends, not big run stoppers. Paea does not fit there at all. And also Houston originally played DE in a 4-3, he was moved to OLB when Georgia moved to a 3-4 a 1 year/2 years ago.

  • ESPN's Adam Schefter predicts that Da'Quan Bowers will be drafted by the 37th overall pick Friday, at the latest.

    Schefter already reported that Bowers' knee condition caused his day-one slide, but it sounds like the Browns are willing to take that risk. "I can't see him getting past Cleveland's turn (at 37)," Schefter said on SportsCenter. The Browns are dangerously short on pass rushers. They may roll the dice on Bowers, and hope he can be a contributor for 2-3 years before microfracture.

  • The Browns will take Bowers ! He'll have a fire in him after being passed up in the entire first round. I believe the Pats will take Brooks Reed, I think he's still available...

    The pick from Atlanta - the Browns will draft a wr to play in the slot. I think that's Randall Cobb. Or Young or Jernigan.

    Titus and Jernigan are burners, Cobb is Mr. Versatile tough guy.

    @calfoxwc said:

    The Browns will take Bowers ! He'll have a fire in him after being passed up in the entire first round. I believe the Pats will take Brooks Reed, I think he's still available...

    The pick from Atlanta - the Browns will draft a wr to play in the slot. I think that's Randall Cobb. Or Young or Jernigan.

    Titus and Jernigan are burners, Cobb is Mr. Versatile tough guy.

    I am praying for Bowers also!

    As far as the second pick ... honestly I don't really want a WR in the second. I obviously see the need for one, I just don't think these guys left are legit #1 WR's. I think Green, and Jones were the only 2 true #1's in this draft...and possibly Baldwin. We don't need anymore second WR's or slot guys. I don't see any of the guys left being to much of an improvement over what we have if any improvement.

    I would much rather see us grab someone for the right side of the line, LBer or a defensive back.

  • I would actually like to see Paea with the first pick in the second round. Good teams are built from the inside out.

    Houston has not played with his hand on the ground much, he will not be a very good DE at the pro level. I'd rather put Paea next to Rubin and Taylor, he played DE at times in college.

    Some WR/CB will be good value in the end of round2.

    @unsympathetic said:

    I would actually like to see Paea with the first pick in the second round. Good teams are built from the inside out.

    Houston has not played with his hand on the ground much, he will not be a very good DE at the pro level. I'd rather put Paea next to Rubin and Taylor, he played DE at times in college.

    Some WR/CB will be good value in the end of round2.r

    Every play in his highlight reel his hand is in the ground playing DE.

    Paea looks more of a run stuffer, we have that in the middle with Taylor and Rubin and can use Roth in running situations at DE. Gotta get some pass rush off the edge now

  • I would take Cobb with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round.

  • Sigh...RAS and AARON Williams gone at 33 and 34...

  • @unsympathetic said:

    I would actually like to see Paea with the first pick in the second round. Good teams are built from the inside out.

    Houston has not played with his hand on the ground much, he will not be a very good DE at the pro level. I'd rather put Paea next to Rubin and Taylor, he played DE at times in college.

    Some WR/CB will be good value in the end of round2.r

    Every play in his highlight reel his hand is in the ground playing DE.

    Paea looks more of a run stuffer, we have that in the middle with Taylor and Rubin and can use Roth in running situations at DE. Gotta get some pass rush off the edge now

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Every play in his highlight reel his hand is in the ground playing DE.

    Paea looks more of a run stuffer, we have that in the middle with Taylor and Rubin and can use Roth in running situations at DE. Gotta get some pass rush off the edge now

    good teams build from those to touch the ball and out...........sorry you got it wrong

  • Good call HIB!!!!

  • I don't think we will take Bowers, not because of his injury, but because he is not a prototypical DE for our 4-3. Especially now that we have taken Taylor, I think BOTH of our DE's are going to have to be lighter and faster ends. I look for us to take Reed or Sheard at DE in that first 2nd round pick, or we go DB. Two possible DE's with the second pick in the 2nd would be Acho and Bailey.

    Hillis-iz-Boss said:

    I don't think we will take Bowers, not because of his injury, but because he is not a prototypical DE for our 4-3. Especially now that we have taken Taylor, I think BOTH of our DE's are going to have to be lighter and faster ends. I look for us to take Reed or Sheard at DE in that first 2nd round pick, or we go DB. Two possible DE's with the second pick in the 2nd would be Acho and Bailey.

    Boom called it! Was surprised to see use take him over Brooks Reed but still a very good pick. Sheard was the Big East DPoY.

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    Every play in his highlight reel his hand is in the ground playing DE.

    Paea looks more of a run stuffer, we have that in the middle with Taylor and Rubin and can use Roth in running situations at DE. Gotta get some pass rush off the edge now

    good teams build from those to touch the ball and out...........sorry you got it wrong

    @rich4eagle said:

    good teams build from those to touch the ball and out...........sorry you got it wrong

    Thats why we picked a center in the first round, nobody touches it more. 😮

  • Dontay Moch is on Mayocks top ten left.. Speed Rush DE