Potential Fa Wr/te's
-
For the price it'll cost to get Moss (which is pretty much the minimum), I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.
It's a low-risk, high-reward situation.
-
they need west coast players. a pass catching TE and a big WR
ben watson is decent but hes not the TE to lead the team. the problem is that he had so many receptions last year, not because he was so good, but because the bigger issue may be not having any talent at the WR position
again the browns waited to draft a WR until later in the draft. without a legit #1 guy they are in a lot of trouble. its clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team. it has been for years now
-
again the browns waited to draft a WR until later in the draft. without a legit #1 guy they are in a lot of trouble. its clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team. it has been for years now CL
***************
Ah, baloney.
The Browns drafted possibly the second-best WR in the draft. Sure, Julio is faster. But can he stay healthy? Drafting a WR in the second, instead of drafting Braylon Edwards,
would have been a GOOD move. Watching a little bit of Green and Little on that video, it's ridiculous to say the Browns should have picked a wr in the first round. Really.
As far as the biggest weakness? Right tackle, and coaches' systems, and maybe? defense come to mind, before wr.
I think Little is going to be the #1, and that's a "steal" to get him later.
-
Why would we spend money on a pass catching TE when we have too pure pass catching TE's on the roster!? Moore and Jordan are not known for their blocking. On top of that Surmer has said that he likes dual TE's like Watson who can catch and block. We already made one big TE purchase last year in FA there is no need for another. Also ya it would be a good idea to go after another WR, but it's not such a need that we need to sell the farm to go get one. We do need big guys at WR who are goo with YAC, but we just got one in the 2nd round, and it is what both Cribbs and Robiskie are known for (Cribbs with YAC and Robiskie for his size). If anything we need a speedier WR that is very good at route running, which brings to mind Rice and Holmes, neither of which would want to come to Cleveland. I seriously don't see the need to spend picks and millions of dollars on FA when we litterally have 10 WR's on the roster right now.
-
again the browns waited to draft a WR until later in the draft. without a legit #1 guy they are in a lot of trouble. its clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team. it has been for years now CL
***************
Ah, baloney.
The Browns drafted possibly the second-best WR in the draft. Sure, Julio is faster. But can he stay healthy? Drafting a WR in the second, instead of drafting Braylon Edwards,
would have been a GOOD move. Watching a little bit of Green and Little on that video, it's ridiculous to say the Browns should have picked a wr in the first round. Really.
As far as the biggest weakness? Right tackle, and coaches' systems, and maybe? defense come to mind, before wr.
I think Little is going to be the #1, and that's a "steal" to get him later.
again the browns waited to draft a WR until later in the draft. without a legit #1 guy they are in a lot of trouble. its clearly the biggest weakness on the entire team. it has been for years now CL
***************
Ah, baloney.
The Browns drafted possibly the second-best WR in the draft. Sure, Julio is faster. But can he stay healthy? Drafting a WR in the second, instead of drafting Braylon Edwards,
would have been a GOOD move. Watching a little bit of Green and Little on that video, it's ridiculous to say the Browns should have picked a wr in the first round. Really.
As far as the biggest weakness? Right tackle, and coaches' systems, and maybe? defense come to mind, before wr.
I think Little is going to be the #1, and that's a "steal" to get him later.
its optimistic to expect him to be that good
i love the enthusiasm but dude was not even close to the 2nd best WR in the draft......you're dreaming
browns biggest need was WR especially since their head coach is trying to start a west coast offense in cleveland. to wait that long to get a true number one is almost stupid
i will agree that little has some talent but im not going to say that he is a true #1.....he may be in cleveland, but that talent already there is nothing to be proud of so assuming he is #1 isnt really going to impress people
-
Why would we spend money on a pass catching TE when we have too pure pass catching TE's on the roster!? Moore and Jordan are not known for their blocking. On top of that Surmer has said that he likes dual TE's like Watson who can catch and block. We already made one big TE purchase last year in FA there is no need for another. Also ya it would be a good idea to go after another WR, but it's not such a need that we need to sell the farm to go get one. We do need big guys at WR who are goo with YAC, but we just got one in the 2nd round, and it is what both Cribbs and Robiskie are known for (Cribbs with YAC and Robiskie for his size). If anything we need a speedier WR that is very good at route running, which brings to mind Rice and Holmes, neither of which would want to come to Cleveland. I seriously don't see the need to spend picks and millions of dollars on FA when we litterally have 10 WR's on the roster right now.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Why would we spend money on a pass catching TE when we have too pure pass catching TE's on the roster!? Moore and Jordan are not known for their blocking. On top of that Surmer has said that he likes dual TE's like Watson who can catch and block. We already made one big TE purchase last year in FA there is no need for another. Also ya it would be a good idea to go after another WR, but it's not such a need that we need to sell the farm to go get one. We do need big guys at WR who are goo with YAC, but we just got one in the 2nd round, and it is what both Cribbs and Robiskie are known for (Cribbs with YAC and Robiskie for his size). If anything we need a speedier WR that is very good at route running, which brings to mind Rice and Holmes, neither of which would want to come to Cleveland. I seriously don't see the need to spend picks and millions of dollars on FA when we litterally have 10 WR's on the roster right now.
YAC is very important
catchin the ball is even more important
the browns need to invest some money in guys that can catch first before they invest money in guys that cant catch but can run fast
-
MoMass was the most targeted receiver on the Browns last year and was #85 most targeted in the league. That means almost every other team had 3 WR's targeted more ofter than our #1 receiver. Thats a result of the offensive scheme not the player, how can you catch a hundred balls if your only targeted 70 times? Lets see how these guys do after they get double to triple the targets they had last year and judge them after that. To me Robo, MoMass, Mitchell and now Little, alot of teams would love to have that. We just have to get them the ball.
-
MoMass was the most targeted receiver on the Browns last year and was #85 most targeted in the league. That means almost every other team had 3 WR's targeted more ofter than our #1 receiver. Thats a result of the offensive scheme not the player, how can you catch a hundred balls if your only targeted 70 times? Lets see how these guys do after they get double to triple the targets they had last year and judge them after that. To me Robo, MoMass, Mitchell and now Little, alot of teams would love to have that. We just have to get them the ball.
MoMass was the most targeted receiver on the Browns last year and was #85 most targeted in the league. That means almost every other team had 3 WR's targeted more ofter than our #1 receiver. Thats a result of the offensive scheme not the player, how can you catch a hundred balls if your only targeted 70 times? Lets see how these guys do after they get double to triple the targets they had last year and judge them after that. To me Robo, MoMass, Mitchell and now Little, alot of teams would love to have that. We just have to get them the ball.
Exactly! We have MoMass (who I honestly don't have much hope for but maybe he is a good slot guy?) then Robiskie who has improved every season, making some great catches last year, Cribb's who did great with YAC, Mitchel who is yet untested but has the height and speed to be a very solid WR, Little who we have yet no idea how he will do even though it is apparent he has a very high ceiling and is great with YAC, Haggarty who in training camp last year was doing great before he had a season ending injury, Norwood who pushed his way off the practice squad and onto the active roster last year (just like Benard did the season before) and Williams who if he could stay healthy has the ability to be a 1000 yard receiver. With all of these guys at WR I just don't see the them going after a high paid guy, especially one where they are going to have to give up draft picks next year to get. It's a pipe dream to think otherwise. On top of that if you think they are going to go after another TE you much be smoking crack. They just spend a 4th round pick on a receiving TE, put a 2nd round tender on Moore, and signed the best TE available in FA last year. Another TE signing just is not going to happen.
-
All of you are smoking crack, seriously. I don't how much Cribbs can be a factor since he runs sloppy and undisciplined routes, Mitchell is a 6th round pick and won't do anything this year, Haggerty didn't do crapola, and Momass is scared of taking hits and won't fight for the ball.
-
I am not convinced Robo has the moxie to become a consistent YAC guy. he's got decent hands and quickness but i don't know if he has the
mental toughness to make plays on the quick slants over the middle. Momass has the size and speed but the jury is still out on his ability
to bounce back from bit hits. TE wise, I feel Watson can bang with the best of them. I'd like to see Cameron (who KILLED at the combine)
add about 15 lbs to his 6' 5" frame and emulate Watson's toughness and professional work ethic. Randy Moss is a legitimate FA
consideration. He has a history of redeeming himself after bad seasons and I think he still has the ability to add to his HOF numbers and
help the Brown's win some ball games
-
I think Colt will struggle very badly because of the good wide receivers we currently lack right now. If anyone wants to argue that, feel free to do, but don't come crying to me when the offense struggles again.
-
I'm not saying that we don't need a WR, I'm just saying with the amount we have signed right now, plus with the fact we don't really know what we have with at least 3 of them and the rest could recieve a serious boost with the new Offense, that it would be idiotic to spend draft picks to trade for or pick up tendered players. I'm not against giving someone like Holmes, Rice, Floyd, or Jackson a contract, but one in that group that hasn't been tendered (unless I am mistaken) is Holmes, and I would seriously doubt he would want to come play in Cleveland. I honestly feel our best option at WR in FA is Moss, who gives us good speed and hands at WR, plus he comes cheap. Since he would come cheap if he causes even the slightest fuss in the lockerroom he could be out the door the next day.
And I'll say it again, unless the TE is some cheap UDFA that we want to look at, signing a TE would be stupid at this point.
-
Did any of you guys even see Greg Little's highlights? I'm being completely honest when I say I haven't been that impressed by a WR in the draft in a long time. He would have easily been a first round draft pick if he wasn't suspended last year, so what I'm saying is, we have our #1 WR, his name is Greg Little.
For TEs, if they're really interested in having a million of them, I guess they should look at Bo Scaife, but I think Watson, Moore, and Cameron Jordan are just fine.
honestly we don't really need any FAs at the WR or TE positions, if we get a WR I want it to be a capable veteran just in case Little isn't doing well from the start(I think he'll be fine), but not a #1 guy like Jackson or Rice, and I definitely don't mean a guy like Bobby Engram from last year(who isn't even playing anymore, he's coaching with the 49ers now). Steve Breaston would make sense in that way.
For offensive positions, I would actually look at an FA RB like Reggie Bush (if the price is right), I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but Hillis can't be strained that much and who knows how Hardesty turns out, even if Hardesty turns out well, he's not a fast shifty back like Bush is. Dare I say that Cribbs should be playing the "Bush role" on our team, and shouldn't be a WR, but if they really wanna keep Cribbs at WR then they should get Bush to help Hillis.
For defense they're probably looking for a replacement for Elam, although I'm sure they'll keep Elam as a solid backup, as well as looking for the opposite end position of Sheard(where Coleman used to play in the 3-4). Eric Wright will either get an overpaid contract by another team or will stay as a backup. Sheldon Brown will be the starter opposite side of Haden, and they probably won't find anyone better than him in FA(unless they wanna pay top money for Asomugha).
I'm not sure what they're going to do with the linebackers, but Barton is more than likely gone, Roth they should re-sign, Gocong will be kept for depth, but who will be the starters? Ideally it will be MLB Fujita, OLB Roth, OLB Benard. Schaefering will be kept for good depth, but if they don't find an FA end, they will probably start him.
I'm also not completely sold on Fujita being the starting MLB over D'Qwell, but he has leadership qualities, and is a smart guy in terms of not just football but in general. I noticed the defense played much better when Fujita was healthy than when he was not.
I think Maiava has a lot of potential and could be a starter one day. Guys like Trusnik, Sorenson, etc. are all probably waived because they were kept for their character, intelligence, over their football playing ability. Maybe they'll stick around as special team players but not more than that.
Starters on defense should look like this in a 4-3 base formation:
FA M.Benard S.Brown FA or Elam A.Rubin P.Taylor S.Fujita J.Sheard M.Roth(is an FA) J.Haden T.WardQuite a solid defense to be honest, swap some of the positioning since that might not be final. Roth might not be here so I suppose they would get another FA in his place.
-
Id love to have Holmes but as other people stated hes probaly gonna be hard to come by, i think if the Jets stay with anyone they will wanna keep Holmes and Braylon is probaly as good as gone, but maybe he likes Ohio due to his days at OSU im not sure but he seems like a guy who wants to be one SB contending team and there are alot of them who would probaly wanna acquire his services...
I think with the pick of Cameron we know we wont be looking for a TE in FA, him along with Moore as well as Watson kinda sets us up nicely at that Position..
Id like to see us add another DE or CB to the D...We need all the help we can get and i really hope we try to continue to add talent to this team we really need all the help we can get whether that be FA or the Draft
-
For the price it'll cost to get Moss (which is pretty much the minimum), I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.
It's a low-risk, high-reward situation.
For the price it'll cost to get Moss (which is pretty much the minimum), I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.
It's a low-risk, high-reward situation.
Moss has worn out his welcome on every team he's played on, and is at the end of the line. 'Nuff said. You want a cancer mentoring our young guys? No thanks.
PS I think the Browns will stand pat with the WRs and TEs they have. Having Owens and the Bull Rider on the Bengals didn't do much to help Carson Palmer.
-
Did any of you guys even see Greg Little's highlights? I'm being completely honest when I say I haven't been that impressed by a WR in the draft in a long time. He would have easily been a first round draft pick if he wasn't suspended last year, so what I'm saying is, we have our #1 WR, his name is Greg Little.
For TEs, if they're really interested in having a million of them, I guess they should look at Bo Scaife, but I think Watson, Moore, and Cameron Jordan are just fine.
honestly we don't really need any FAs at the WR or TE positions, if we get a WR I want it to be a capable veteran just in case Little isn't doing well from the start(I think he'll be fine), but not a #1 guy like Jackson or Rice, and I definitely don't mean a guy like Bobby Engram from last year(who isn't even playing anymore, he's coaching with the 49ers now). Steve Breaston would make sense in that way.
For offensive positions, I would actually look at an FA RB like Reggie Bush (if the price is right), I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but Hillis can't be strained that much and who knows how Hardesty turns out, even if Hardesty turns out well, he's not a fast shifty back like Bush is. Dare I say that Cribbs should be playing the "Bush role" on our team, and shouldn't be a WR, but if they really wanna keep Cribbs at WR then they should get Bush to help Hillis.
For defense they're probably looking for a replacement for Elam, although I'm sure they'll keep Elam as a solid backup, as well as looking for the opposite end position of Sheard(where Coleman used to play in the 3-4). Eric Wright will either get an overpaid contract by another team or will stay as a backup. Sheldon Brown will be the starter opposite side of Haden, and they probably won't find anyone better than him in FA(unless they wanna pay top money for Asomugha).
I'm not sure what they're going to do with the linebackers, but Barton is more than likely gone, Roth they should re-sign, Gocong will be kept for depth, but who will be the starters? Ideally it will be MLB Fujita, OLB Roth, OLB Benard. Schaefering will be kept for good depth, but if they don't find an FA end, they will probably start him.
I'm also not completely sold on Fujita being the starting MLB over D'Qwell, but he has leadership qualities, and is a smart guy in terms of not just football but in general. I noticed the defense played much better when Fujita was healthy than when he was not.
I think Maiava has a lot of potential and could be a starter one day. Guys like Trusnik, Sorenson, etc. are all probably waived because they were kept for their character, intelligence, over their football playing ability. Maybe they'll stick around as special team players but not more than that.
Starters on defense should look like this in a 4-3 base formation:
FA M.Benard S.Brown FA or Elam A.Rubin P.Taylor S.Fujita J.Sheard M.Roth(is an FA) J.Haden T.WardQuite a solid defense to be honest, swap some of the positioning since that might not be final. Roth might not be here so I suppose they would get another FA in his place.
Did any of you guys even see Greg Little's highlights? I'm being completely honest when I say I haven't been that impressed by a WR in the draft in a long time. He would have easily been a first round draft pick if he wasn't suspended last year, so what I'm saying is, we have our #1 WR, his name is Greg Little.
For TEs, if they're really interested in having a million of them, I guess they should look at Bo Scaife, but I think Watson, Moore, and Cameron Jordan are just fine.
honestly we don't really need any FAs at the WR or TE positions, if we get a WR I want it to be a capable veteran just in case Little isn't doing well from the start(I think he'll be fine), but not a #1 guy like Jackson or Rice, and I definitely don't mean a guy like Bobby Engram from last year(who isn't even playing anymore, he's coaching with the 49ers now). Steve Breaston would make sense in that way.
For offensive positions, I would actually look at an FA RB like Reggie Bush (if the price is right), I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but Hillis can't be strained that much and who knows how Hardesty turns out, even if Hardesty turns out well, he's not a fast shifty back like Bush is. Dare I say that Cribbs should be playing the "Bush role" on our team, and shouldn't be a WR, but if they really wanna keep Cribbs at WR then they should get Bush to help Hillis.
For defense they're probably looking for a replacement for Elam, although I'm sure they'll keep Elam as a solid backup, as well as looking for the opposite end position of Sheard(where Coleman used to play in the 3-4). Eric Wright will either get an overpaid contract by another team or will stay as a backup. Sheldon Brown will be the starter opposite side of Haden, and they probably won't find anyone better than him in FA(unless they wanna pay top money for Asomugha).
I'm not sure what they're going to do with the linebackers, but Barton is more than likely gone, Roth they should re-sign, Gocong will be kept for depth, but who will be the starters? Ideally it will be MLB Fujita, OLB Roth, OLB Benard. Schaefering will be kept for good depth, but if they don't find an FA end, they will probably start him.
I'm also not completely sold on Fujita being the starting MLB over D'Qwell, but he has leadership qualities, and is a smart guy in terms of not just football but in general. I noticed the defense played much better when Fujita was healthy than when he was not.
I think Maiava has a lot of potential and could be a starter one day. Guys like Trusnik, Sorenson, etc. are all probably waived because they were kept for their character, intelligence, over their football playing ability. Maybe they'll stick around as special team players but not more than that.
Starters on defense should look like this in a 4-3 base formation:
FA M.Benard S.Brown FA or Elam A.Rubin P.Taylor S.Fujita J.Sheard M.Roth(is an FA) J.Haden T.WardQuite a solid defense to be honest, swap some of the positioning since that might not be final. Roth might not be here so I suppose they would get another FA in his place.
Why would they move a guy who has played OLB his whole career to MLB!? Jesus look stuff up before you post garbage like this. They have said at least a dozen times that at the moment their LB core is Fujita at OLB (strong), Gocong at MLB, and Jackson at OLB (weak). They have also stated that Gocong could play all 3 positions and Jackson could play middle, but Fujita will only play at Strong side OLB.
As far as Trusik and Roth goes, if both are still on the team next year they are going to be playing DE.
-
Did any of you guys even see Greg Little's highlights? I'm being completely honest when I say I haven't been that impressed by a WR in the draft in a long time. He would have easily been a first round draft pick if he wasn't suspended last year, so what I'm saying is, we have our #1 WR, his name is Greg Little.
For TEs, if they're really interested in having a million of them, I guess they should look at Bo Scaife, but I think Watson, Moore, and Cameron Jordan are just fine.
honestly we don't really need any FAs at the WR or TE positions, if we get a WR I want it to be a capable veteran just in case Little isn't doing well from the start(I think he'll be fine), but not a #1 guy like Jackson or Rice, and I definitely don't mean a guy like Bobby Engram from last year(who isn't even playing anymore, he's coaching with the 49ers now). Steve Breaston would make sense in that way.
For offensive positions, I would actually look at an FA RB like Reggie Bush (if the price is right), I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but Hillis can't be strained that much and who knows how Hardesty turns out, even if Hardesty turns out well, he's not a fast shifty back like Bush is. Dare I say that Cribbs should be playing the "Bush role" on our team, and shouldn't be a WR, but if they really wanna keep Cribbs at WR then they should get Bush to help Hillis.
For defense they're probably looking for a replacement for Elam, although I'm sure they'll keep Elam as a solid backup, as well as looking for the opposite end position of Sheard(where Coleman used to play in the 3-4). Eric Wright will either get an overpaid contract by another team or will stay as a backup. Sheldon Brown will be the starter opposite side of Haden, and they probably won't find anyone better than him in FA(unless they wanna pay top money for Asomugha).
I'm not sure what they're going to do with the linebackers, but Barton is more than likely gone, Roth they should re-sign, Gocong will be kept for depth, but who will be the starters? Ideally it will be MLB Fujita, OLB Roth, OLB Benard. Schaefering will be kept for good depth, but if they don't find an FA end, they will probably start him.
I'm also not completely sold on Fujita being the starting MLB over D'Qwell, but he has leadership qualities, and is a smart guy in terms of not just football but in general. I noticed the defense played much better when Fujita was healthy than when he was not.
I think Maiava has a lot of potential and could be a starter one day. Guys like Trusnik, Sorenson, etc. are all probably waived because they were kept for their character, intelligence, over their football playing ability. Maybe they'll stick around as special team players but not more than that.
Starters on defense should look like this in a 4-3 base formation:
FA M.Benard S.Brown FA or Elam A.Rubin P.Taylor S.Fujita J.Sheard M.Roth(is an FA) J.Haden T.WardQuite a solid defense to be honest, swap some of the positioning since that might not be final. Roth might not be here so I suppose they would get another FA in his place.
Why would they move a guy who has played OLB his whole career to MLB!? Jesus look stuff up before you post garbage like this. They have said at least a dozen times that at the moment their LB core is Fujita at OLB (strong), Gocong at MLB, and Jackson at OLB (weak). They have also stated that Gocong could play all 3 positions and Jackson could play middle, but Fujita will only play at Strong side OLB.
As far as Trusik and Roth goes, if both are still on the team next year they are going to be playing DE.
Hillis-iz-Boss said:
Why would they move a guy who has played OLB his whole career to MLB!? Jesus look stuff up before you post garbage like this. They have said at least a dozen times that at the moment their LB core is Fujita at OLB (strong), Gocong at MLB, and Jackson at OLB (weak). They have also stated that Gocong could play all 3 positions and Jackson could play middle, but Fujita will only play at Strong side OLB.
As far as Trusik and Roth goes, if both are still on the team next year they are going to be playing DE.
That begs the question: Are Trusnik and Roth 4-3 DE capable players, or will this be an attempt to fit an octagonal player into a hexagonal hole?
It might look similar but it just doesn't quite fit right, thus causing us to have a fit.


-
and gay
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login