Skip to content

Jim Tressel Tenders Resignation

The Browns Board
87 33 4.3k
  • I agree with this much: If the players are not allowed to sell these trinkets that they receive...which become their personal property...then why the eff do you give them to them? If they are not theirs to do with what they want, don't award them.

    Here is a question: what if they sold their books? Are they allowed to sell their books that are bought for them with their scholarship? Every college student resells their used books. Are athletes not allowed to do that?

    What about anything else they own? Their shoes, their sweaters, their T-shirts, their jock straps?

    @the-gipper said:

    I agree with this much: If the players are not allowed to sell these trinkets that they receive...which become their personal property...then why the eff do you give them to them? If they are not theirs to do with what they want, don't award them.

    Here is a question: what if they sold their books? Are they allowed to sell their books that are bought for them with their scholarship? Every college student resells their used books. Are athletes not allowed to do that?

    What about anything else they own? Their shoes, their sweaters, their T-shirts, their jock straps?

    They aren't allowed to sell them back. From what I heard Akron's former QB Chris Jacquemain got kicked off the team for this.

  • Athletes have to return their books at the end of the semester.

  • I agree with this much: If the players are not allowed to sell these trinkets that they receive...which become their personal property...then why the eff do you give them to them? If they are not theirs to do with what they want, don't award them.

    Here is a question: what if they sold their books? Are they allowed to sell their books that are bought for them with their scholarship? Every college student resells their used books. Are athletes not allowed to do that?

    What about anything else they own? Their shoes, their sweaters, their T-shirts, their jock straps?

    @the-gipper said:

    I agree with this much: If the players are not allowed to sell these trinkets that they receive... their jock straps?

    um...

  • Athletes have to return their books at the end of the semester.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Athletes have to return their books at the end of the semester.

    I assume that is because unlike all other students they don't pay for their books?

    But here again, it seems different because what you are telling me is that they actually own their own books. Yet they do "own" the trinkets that are given to them.

  • I agree, if the items aren't their own personal property, then why award them with them? Why not store away all awards to be given to the players until the time of graduation or when they leave school?

    If the awards have value, then isn't the NCAA guilty of awarding and benefitting the players for their accomplishments?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I agree with this much: If the players are not allowed to sell these trinkets that they receive...which become their personal property...then why the eff do you give them to them? If they are not theirs to do with what they want, don't award them.

    Here is a question: what if they sold their books? Are they allowed to sell their books that are bought for them with their scholarship? Every college student resells their used books. Are athletes not allowed to do that?

    What about anything else they own? Their shoes, their sweaters, their T-shirts, their jock straps?

    They aren't allowed to sell them back. From what I heard Akron's former QB Chris Jacquemain got kicked off the team for this.

    @feartheroo said:

    They aren't allowed to sell them back. From what I heard Akron's former QB Chris Jacquemain got kicked off the team for this.

    You heard wrong.

  • He should've thrown his chair across the room.

    But I agree that if this is their personal property then they can do with it as they will.

    Hell some fans will dig through trash left behind by athletes. Should we sanction that as well?