Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Tribe Board
  3. Ubaldo Jimenez To Cleveland?

Ubaldo Jimenez To Cleveland?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Tribe Board
9 Posts 6 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Spectrum S
    • 77 Posts
    • 3 Reputation
    S Spectrum wrote on last edited by
    #1

    They're talking Alex White, Drew Pomeranz, and 1B prospect Matt McBride. Possibly a 4th involved in the deal as well.

    I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but as the time passes, it looks more and more likely.

    Just came out after the 1st inning tonight. 2 hits, 4 walks, 4 earned.

    F 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • S Spectrum

      They're talking Alex White, Drew Pomeranz, and 1B prospect Matt McBride. Possibly a 4th involved in the deal as well.

      I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but as the time passes, it looks more and more likely.

      Just came out after the 1st inning tonight. 2 hits, 4 walks, 4 earned.

      FearTheRoo F
      • 496 Posts
      • 14 Reputation
      F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by FearTheRoo
      #2

      @spectrum said:

      They're talking Alex White, Drew Pomeranz, and 1B prospect Matt McBride. Possibly a 4th involved in the deal as well.

      I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but as the time passes, it looks more and more likely.

      Just came out after the 1st inning tonight. 2 hits, 4 walks, 4 earned.

      I'm happy with this trade. The only guy we gave up that is a bit disappointing in Alex White, because he pitched decent the first few games of the year. Honestly I don't care about Pomeranz or McBride. They haven't helped us at all this year, and probably wouldn't even see the field until next year. I'm the kind of person who doesn't care about the whole "we're building to be good in the future" crap. This is Cleveland and we need to win now! It was an aggressive trade and that's exactly what we need to do to win!

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Chris. C
        • 151 Posts
        • 2 Reputation
        C Chris. wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I didn't want to give up White OR Pomeranz, but oh well. It's a much more reasonable trade when we give up two stud pitchers for a stud (big league) pitcher. If we traded White or Pomeranz for a bat...I'd be pretty disappointed. But I'm cool with this.

        Why did the Rockies have him pitch tonight though? Pretty strange.

        C 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Spectrum S
          • 77 Posts
          • 3 Reputation
          S Spectrum wrote on last edited by Spectrum
          #4

          I'm guessing some bickering over who would be included in the deal. Rockies maybe showing they aren't afraid to keep him if thr Indians won't send enough in return.

          Perhaps just giving him a little work to keep him on schedule.

          I don't like the deal because I don't give a damn whether thr Indians win the central or not. I don't want to see fukudome, kearns, hannahan, etc. In thr lineup. I don't want to see Ludwick on the roster tomorrow.

          I feel it is in the best interest of the team to ride out 2011 with the youth we have on offense. See how they handle a race this late in the year, see if they can dig out of a hole. It's valuable experience for just about everyone on the roster.

          I don't care about McBride either. I just don't like dealing the top 2 pitching prospects in the organization. If ubaldo somehow regains his command, and finds the 5mph that fell off of his fastball, it certainly makes the rotation stronger. Hell even if he just continues to do what he's done outside of Coors this year, we're better.

          I just feel like the young hitters need some "seasoning" to really compete. I'd prefer to see white in the rotation to start next year, and Pomeranz being first option up in June. When the deadline rolls around next year, and maybe need help, then make a move with a much better base.

          It doesn't mean anything to me for the Indians to move two 2012 starters to win the central in 2011.

          I have to admit a couple of things that probably aren't shared by many around here... One of the best things about baseball is watching prospects, predicting what they can do, and when they can be up here. I also don't give a damn if the Indians or browns win a title in my lifetime. I only ask they be competitive because I'm going to watch anyway, it's just a lot more fun when the season isn't over half way through.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • C Chris.

            I didn't want to give up White OR Pomeranz, but oh well. It's a much more reasonable trade when we give up two stud pitchers for a stud (big league) pitcher. If we traded White or Pomeranz for a bat...I'd be pretty disappointed. But I'm cool with this.

            Why did the Rockies have him pitch tonight though? Pretty strange.

            CLEVELandMILIDH C
            • 2k Posts
            • 52 Reputation
            C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @chris. said:

            I didn't want to give up White OR Pomeranz, but oh well. It's a much more reasonable trade when we give up two stud pitchers for a stud (big league) pitcher. If we traded White or Pomeranz for a bat...I'd be pretty disappointed. But I'm cool with this.

            Why did the Rockies have him pitch tonight though? Pretty strange.

            Good point, Also don't forget in 2013 when we likely trade him cause his contract will be up, will likely get a top pitching prospect back.

            1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Chris. C
              • 151 Posts
              • 2 Reputation
              C Chris. wrote on last edited by Chris.
              #6

              Yep, can't consider it a huge subtraction when you consider what our rotation will be for the next few years.

              Masterson

              Ubaldo

              Carrasco

              Tomlin

              Fausto/Huff/Gomez, open competition

              very solid. Maybe no true ace, but two guys with that potential. And not many teams can go 5 deep like that. So we're in better position to win this year. Hopefully we get better years from (healthy) Choo and Santana the next couple years and Asdrubal and Hafner keep rolling. We still have a very nice core.

              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • b86b b86bB
                • 333 Posts
                • 15 Reputation
                b86bB b86b wrote on last edited by
                #7

                not a fan of trade, gave up way too much and our pitching has been the strength of the team this year.. we are already losing 1-0 2-1. needed a real bat

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • CLEVELandMILIDH C
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 52 Reputation
                  C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Looks like we need a bullpen now, should've swept 2 of the best teams in baseball these last 2 series. Its frustrating as hell losing when you should've won, but its a positive when you think we should've won against Boston and Texas. Hepefully the bullpen gets righted again and we can sweep Detroit and be right back in the think of things

                  1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • manbearpig manbearpigM
                    • 454 Posts
                    • 3 Reputation
                    manbearpigM manbearpig wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    He seemed ok last night. I had never heard of the guy. Maybe he can keep a good thing going!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate