Free Agents
-
Zombo, last year I had the same argument about wrs and not signing any in the off season..
I called you and a couple people out midway through the season and you changed ur tune, saying u also wanted us to sign a wr in the off season.
Let there be no confusion this year by week 6 or 7 when I do the same thing..
-
Listen, I haven't heard one good argument to why not spend some of the 24 million we have?
I understand how the salary cap floor works, my question is do you? We have 24 million we can spend this year and the money doesn't role over to the next.
So tell me, u brain washed losers, why not spend it??? Why not bring in the best and most talented guys to compete even if just a one year deal??
Oh I forgot were gonna Retard the growth of players like robiske... haha such a joke...
Tim couch pulls out "riddle me that"
Listen, I haven't heard one good argument to why not spend some of the 24 million we have?
I understand how the salary cap floor works, my question is do you? We have 24 million we can spend this year and the money doesn't role over to the next.
So tell me, u brain washed losers, why not spend it??? Why not bring in the best and most talented guys to compete even if just a one year deal??
Oh I forgot were gonna Retard the growth of players like robiske... haha such a joke...
Tim couch pulls out "riddle me that"
Because we're not giving away $24 million this year to a couple of washed up bums on a one year deals. See: Bengals- Terrell Owens= FAIL. Put the shoe on the other foot- why waste it on guys that probably won't or can't win you any more games?
So last year, we bring in your big name stud WR (and if you think it was gonna be Anquan Boldin, put down the crack pipe) that wins us one more game and we miss out on the nice fat trade with Atlanta.
-
Zombo, last year I had the same argument about wrs and not signing any in the off season..
I called you and a couple people out midway through the season and you changed ur tune, saying u also wanted us to sign a wr in the off season.
Let there be no confusion this year by week 6 or 7 when I do the same thing..
Zombo, last year I had the same argument about wrs and not signing any in the off season..
I called you and a couple people out midway through the season and you changed ur tune, saying u also wanted us to sign a wr in the off season.
Let there be no confusion this year by week 6 or 7 when I do the same thing..
Go ahead. My crystal ball says only Syd Rice (who would have wanted a Jerry Rice deal to come to Cleveland- ditto Santana Moss) and Braylon Edwards (who would rather be boiled in oil than to come back and play for the Browns) are the only ones in this FA class with a chance of having decent seasons.
-
You've yet to respond with anything of substance. It's been "we need a WR now and you're stupid if you don't believe that", yet when somebody calls you out and asks you to back up your statement with facts, you just turn on the sarcastic douchbaggery.
Your responses are those of a pre-teen. We're all Browns fans, and we like to engage in intelligent debate. Not the "my way is the highway and xxxx you if you don't agree" stance you and WRREBEL have taken.
By the way, typing in all caps to emulate sarcasm is so AOL.
xxxx my life, I can't believe I said that.
Dude your a bum
Dude your a bum
Point proven. Thank you.
Listen, I haven't heard one good argument to why not spend some of the 24 million we have?
I understand how the salary cap floor works, my question is do you? We have 24 million we can spend this year and the money doesn't role over to the next.
So tell me, u brain washed losers, why not spend it??? Why not bring in the best and most talented guys to compete even if just a one year deal??
Oh I forgot were gonna Retard the growth of players like robiske... haha such a joke...
Tim couch pulls out "riddle me that"
Because the FO is confident in our young receivers that they'll develop into viable receiving threats. You can say it's a joke all you want, but that is the reason.
First off, no receiver in his prime that's worth his chalk is going to sign a one year deal to a team that hasn't been a contender in a decade. These one year deals you're seeing are the result of washed up vets looking to get a ring before they retire. They're sure as hell not going to be coming to Cleveland for that with the track record we have since the expansion.
Say we did land a "big time playmaker" (read: a name that people recognize that you can brag about to your friends who aren't real football fans) to a one year deal, spending up that $24 million this year that's pissing you off. That player, in a best case scenario, comes in a puts up a 1,400 yd and 10 TD season. The odds of him leading us to a Super Bowl himself are slim to none. Don't believe me? Ask Ocho how many rings he won in Cincinnati. How many rings has Brandon Marshall won in his career? But that's okay, because our playmaker has earned himself a nice Pro Bowl nod, which looks good on the resume.
Then...he's gone. What about next season? We've got two options:
Option #1- If we want to resign him, he's going to demand "playmaker" money. Money that will be taken away from our FA's...FA's like Joe Thomas, Peyton Hillis, Ahtyba Rubin, D'Qwell Jackson, Chris Gocong, Evan Moore, and Phil Dawson. No doubt his "playmaker" money is going to interfere with a couple of those FA starters.
What's the answer then? Do we not resign some key starters? Say we don't resign D'Qwell, Gocong, and Rubin (since those contracts together would probably equal the "playmaker's" desired new contract). That's three defensive starters that we'll now need to address in FA next year, from an already seemingly weak defense. Now we'll have to go sign some bargain basement starters as a band-aid just so we can put together a 53 man roster, and stay under the cap while doing it. Now our defense has taken yet another step back, but it's okay... we've got our "playmaker". As we have learned from all of the great Dan Snyder-led Redskin dynasties- it's one man that makes up a football team.
Option #2- We don't resign him, and let him go get picked up somewhere else. We've now wasted a developmental year for our young WR's. That's anywhere from 70-100 catches that our WR's have lost out on, simply because we needed a "playmaker" for one year. Now, we're back to where we started. Do we try and sign another aging vet "playmaker", simply to go through the same process again? Or do we finally give our WR's a chance to develop, now that having a "playmaker" proved to be useless in building a successful team.
And that's assuming the "playmaker" we sign puts up great numbers. More than likely, he just comes in and puts together a mediocre season, gets his paycheck and retires or moves on to the next team gullible enough to fall for his agent's sweet talk.
Sometimes I wonder what goes through people's heads.
-
Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..
If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.
And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.
Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.
What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.
Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner
-
Imma browns fan that was born and raised in Steelers country.....my maternal family is all from Youngstown/findlay
If you were born in either Youngstown or Findlay you certainly were NOT born in Steeler country.
Youngstown is in Ohio and is still predominately Browns oriented...though, yes, because it is halfway between Cleve. and Pitt. there is a large minority of Steeler fans, many of whom are probably FRAKS who if the tables were turned would all of a sudden become Browns fans.
And Findlay is in north central Ohio about equidistant from Cleveland and Detroit, but from my understanding is almost pure Browns country.
Yes, they have their native son playing for the Steelers, and naturally a town is going to have an affinity for their native son...alleged rapist or not. But it is still a Browns town.
I mean, just because Alliance had a Super Bowl winning QB come from that town (Len Dawson) doesn't mean that Alliance is Kansas City Chief country. Just because Stow, Ohio had a native son win a Super Bowl MVP (Larry Csonka) doesn't make Stow "Dolphin country".
-
Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..
If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.
And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.
Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.
What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.
Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner
Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..
If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.
And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.
Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.
What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.
Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner
You're acting like $24 million is Monopoly money- hate to tell you in the real world- it isn't.
Rice is getting playmaker money sonny. Can I call you a bozo if his hip injury puts him on IR, and Seattle just paid him $8 million to soak in a tub?
If, if if. Boldin wasn't coming to Cleveland, regardless of what we offered him. Same deal like Asomugah this year- experienced vet at the top of his game- why go to a run down franchise, when you have your pick of contending teams to play for?
-
Imma browns fan that was born and raised in Steelers country.....my maternal family is all from Youngstown/findlay
If you were born in either Youngstown or Findlay you certainly were NOT born in Steeler country.
Youngstown is in Ohio and is still predominately Browns oriented...though, yes, because it is halfway between Cleve. and Pitt. there is a large minority of Steeler fans, many of whom are probably FRAKS who if the tables were turned would all of a sudden become Browns fans.
And Findlay is in north central Ohio about equidistant from Cleveland and Detroit, but from my understanding is almost pure Browns country.
Yes, they have their native son playing for the Steelers, and naturally a town is going to have an affinity for their native son...alleged rapist or not. But it is still a Browns town.
I mean, just because Alliance had a Super Bowl winning QB come from that town (Len Dawson) doesn't mean that Alliance is Kansas City Chief country. Just because Stow, Ohio had a native son win a Super Bowl MVP (Larry Csonka) doesn't make Stow "Dolphin country".
Imma browns fan that was born and raised in Steelers country.....my maternal family is all from Youngstown/findlay
If you were born in either Youngstown or Findlay you certainly were NOT born in Steeler country.
Youngstown is in Ohio and is still predominately Browns oriented...though, yes, because it is halfway between Cleve. and Pitt. there is a large minority of Steeler fans, many of whom are probably FRAKS who if the tables were turned would all of a sudden become Browns fans.
And Findlay is in north central Ohio about equidistant from Cleveland and Detroit, but from my understanding is almost pure Browns country.
Yes, they have their native son playing for the Steelers, and naturally a town is going to have an affinity for their native son...alleged rapist or not. But it is still a Browns town.
I mean, just because Alliance had a Super Bowl winning QB come from that town (Len Dawson) doesn't mean that Alliance is Kansas City Chief country. Just because Stow, Ohio had a native son win a Super Bowl MVP (Larry Csonka) doesn't make Stow "Dolphin country".
Youngstown is definitely not steeler's country! Yes' there have always been Steeler fans there but the majority are Browns fans or at least they once were. Back when the Browns were making deep playoff runs the area was totally backing the browns even after so much success by the steelers.
I ironically though it is a Pittsburgh Penguins town.
-
Imma browns fan that was born and raised in Steelers country.....my maternal family is all from Youngstown/findlay
If you were born in either Youngstown or Findlay you certainly were NOT born in Steeler country.
Youngstown is in Ohio and is still predominately Browns oriented...though, yes, because it is halfway between Cleve. and Pitt. there is a large minority of Steeler fans, many of whom are probably FRAKS who if the tables were turned would all of a sudden become Browns fans.
And Findlay is in north central Ohio about equidistant from Cleveland and Detroit, but from my understanding is almost pure Browns country.
Yes, they have their native son playing for the Steelers, and naturally a town is going to have an affinity for their native son...alleged rapist or not. But it is still a Browns town.
I mean, just because Alliance had a Super Bowl winning QB come from that town (Len Dawson) doesn't mean that Alliance is Kansas City Chief country. Just because Stow, Ohio had a native son win a Super Bowl MVP (Larry Csonka) doesn't make Stow "Dolphin country".
Youngstown is definitely not steeler's country! Yes' there have always been Steeler fans there but the majority are Browns fans or at least they once were. Back when the Browns were making deep playoff runs the area was totally backing the browns even after so much success by the steelers.
I ironically though it is a Pittsburgh Penguins town.
Youngstown is definitely not steeler's country! Yes' there have always been Steeler fans there but the majority are Browns fans or at least they once were. Back when the Browns were making deep playoff runs the area was totally backing the browns even after so much success by the steelers.
I ironically though it is a Pittsburgh Penguins town.
Well, Cleveland has no NHL team, and the Penquins have been a succesful operation, winning 3 titles in the last 20 years I believe. And Y-town is only about 50 miles away, so it may be natural.
Question, since you appear to be from that area: what about Indians vs. Pirates?
-
I realize it wasn't particularly clear....but I grew up in clarion county pa....an hour and a half north of Pitt on I80. I currently live in Pitt. My maternal family from Ohio...who all still reside there....is responsible for my difference in team preference.
If I turn on the TV, I have to watch Steelers....I go to a party, I have to watch the Steelers....all my friends but 2 are Steeler fans. It is what it is.
-
Zombo, tim couch pulls out and the rest who don't feel like a free agent wr was needed this year.
I will shut my mouth for now... and trust me I hope I'm wrong! I hope by week 6 all of u can tell me what an idiot I was.. being wrong would be the best case scenario here...
-
Youngstown is definitely not steeler's country! Yes' there have always been Steeler fans there but the majority are Browns fans or at least they once were. Back when the Browns were making deep playoff runs the area was totally backing the browns even after so much success by the steelers.
I ironically though it is a Pittsburgh Penguins town.
Well, Cleveland has no NHL team, and the Penquins have been a succesful operation, winning 3 titles in the last 20 years I believe. And Y-town is only about 50 miles away, so it may be natural.
Question, since you appear to be from that area: what about Indians vs. Pirates?
Well, Cleveland has no NHL team, and the Penquins have been a succesful operation, winning 3 titles in the last 20 years I believe. And Y-town is only about 50 miles away, so it may be natural.
Question, since you appear to be from that area: what about Indians vs. Pirates?
Me? Former Jr. Pen and Penquins season ticket holder. Pirates with a soft spot for the Tribe.
-
Zombo, tim couch pulls out and the rest who don't feel like a free agent wr was needed this year.
I will shut my mouth for now... and trust me I hope I'm wrong! I hope by week 6 all of u can tell me what an idiot I was.. being wrong would be the best case scenario here...
Zombo, tim couch pulls out and the rest who don't feel like a free agent wr was needed this year.
I will shut my mouth for now... and trust me I hope I'm wrong! I hope by week 6 all of u can tell me what an idiot I was.. being wrong would be the best case scenario here...
I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot.
-
Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..
If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.
And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.
Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.
What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.
Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner
Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..
If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.
And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.
Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.
What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.
Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner
The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.
Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.
-
Again for anyone who knows how the salary cap works, 24 million. Yes some can be used to re sign players we currently have. But not as much as you think. when you look at this year salary of being 24. What do you think happens next year? We will be about 60 to 70 million under the cap with our current contracts..
If u have money you spend it.. mike simms walker 1 year deal would have been fine. Malcolm floyd signed a 2 year deal.
And syndey rice went to seattle, so I'm pretty sure he would have come to cleveland.
Last year if we had boldin we win at least 3 more games. Both the ravens games for sure and probably the jets, tamba bay and kansas city games.
What ever, ur brain washed into thinking this is the best thing for our franchise. What ever makes u sleep better, right? I use to be the same way, then I found out I was a man and could have my own opionion.
Come see me week 6, when I can say... neiner, niener , niener. U don't have a weiner
The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.
Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.
The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.
Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.
You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.
-
The money is not an issue this year. Stop saying 24 million like it's a valid argument, that's not the point. The point is that it would be counterproductive to bring in a receiver for a one year deal because it will hinder the progress of our young receivers, who ultimately are the future of this franchise. A one year receiver does nothing but win us maybe 2 more games in that one year, that's it. Then they either bolt, or demand a large contract that they don't deserve. A one year player will actually be counterproductive to our aims, which is to stay a consistent contender year in and year out. With our current situation, the best action is no action at all for the moment.
Once again, I don't need to wait until week 6 to call you an idiot. You're proving your feeble mindedness right now.
You know something? I'm still gonna get into Harvard. And in 10 years no one will remember any of this. But you'll still be a goddamn Jew.
-
I realize it wasn't particularly clear....but I grew up in clarion county pa....an hour and a half north of Pitt on I80. I currently live in Pitt. My maternal family from Ohio...who all still reside there....is responsible for my difference in team preference.
If I turn on the TV, I have to watch Steelers....I go to a party, I have to watch the Steelers....all my friends but 2 are Steeler fans. It is what it is.
I realize it wasn't particularly clear....but I grew up in clarion county pa....an hour and a half north of Pitt on I80. I currently live in Pitt. My maternal family from Ohio...who all still reside there....is responsible for my difference in team preference.
If I turn on the TV, I have to watch Steelers....I go to a party, I have to watch the Steelers....all my friends but 2 are Steeler fans. It is what it is.
try being surrounded by jets, giants, yankees, mets, rangers, islanders, nets and the more than prevalent cowboys and steelers fans that just infiltrate the biggest bandwagon minefield known to man. the other day i got props for wearing a browns tshirt cuz they couldn't believe that i was still sticking by the team after all these shitty Fing years. that makes me feel much better while i'm watching the scores and they're celebrating a playoff berth.
i'll take a 3 team sports town any day. i gotta get the F outta here.
-
How do you like them apples?
HAHA close same actor Matt Damon, but it was school ties!
-
No I knew the movie. I'm a giant Brenden Fraser fan, actually. Probably the only one.
I was just continuing with Matt Damon quotes
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login