Skip to content

Joe Thomas

The Browns Board
50 24 2.7k
  • β€œ@AdamSchefter: Filed to ESPN: Browns reached agreement with OT Joe Thomas on a 7-year, $84 million extension with roughly $44 million guaranteed.”

    Thank God.

  • So do we have him to 2018 or is it longer than that?

  • Either 2018 or 2019. If it's an extension, it should be until 2019, I would assume.

  • Joe thomas is a stud.. glad to see them get this done

  • Great move by the FO. Dude is the best tackle in the game and is a leader.

  • Zombo said:

    I got wood when I read that post.

    That's how you spend your money.

    Z

    I get wood when I read your posts, especially when you bash trolls.

  • I am ecstatic!!!! That beats the hell outta any FA we might have signed!!

    Good for the FO & good for Joe! My old Joe Thomas jersey may be worn out before he retires as the best O Lineman in Browns' history. Best personnel move I can remember.

    What's not to like about Joe?

    -Certainly a great Player.

    -Went fishing with his Dad the day he was drafted. No big ego trip for Joe...just solid Midwestern Family values & priorities.

    -Visited our Troops in the Middle East.

    -Leader by example.

    -He is truly a man among men.

    Mike

  • I am ecstatic!!!! That beats the hell outta any FA we might have signed!!

    Good for the FO & good for Joe! My old Joe Thomas jersey may be worn out before he retires as the best O Lineman in Browns' history. Best personnel move I can remember.

    What's not to like about Joe?

    -Certainly a great Player.

    -Went fishing with his Dad the day he was drafted. No big ego trip for Joe...just solid Midwestern Family values & priorities.

    -Visited our Troops in the Middle East.

    -Leader by example.

    -He is truly a man among men.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I am ecstatic!!!! That beats the hell outta any FA we might have signed!!

    Good for the FO & good for Joe! My old Joe Thomas jersey may be worn out before he retires as the best O Lineman in Browns' history.

    What's not to like about Joe?

    -Certainly a great Player.

    -Went fishing with his Dad the day he was drafted. No big ego trip for Joe...just solid Midwestern Family values & priorities.

    -Visited our Troops in the Middle East.

    -Leader by example.

    -He is truly a man among men.

    His poop is currency in Argentina.

    Mike

    I added a little something extra πŸ˜‰

  • Yeah now we don't have to worry about signing anyone else.

    Those who think we couldn't have signed him and other players are dumb.

    You probably think robiske makes the team

  • Zombo said:

    I got wood when I read that post.

    That's how you spend your money.

    Z

    Thomas got his payday. Time for them to pony up and pay Pontbriand.

  • I was worried that he wouldn't reup with us because he would want to go to a team that is a contender now versus us being a contender in a year or two though I think we may be a tough team this year.

    This is the best news of the season so far, right up there with McCoy excelling in the WCO. The team is coming together. Now if we can just resign Mack and build our other OL we will be golden. McCoy will have time to throw and Hillis/Jackson/Hardesty will have holes to run through.

  • Can't beat this news.

  • I was worried that he wouldn't reup with us because he would want to go to a team that is a contender now versus us being a contender in a year or two though I think we may be a tough team this year.

    This is the best news of the season so far, right up there with McCoy excelling in the WCO. The team is coming together. Now if we can just resign Mack and build our other OL we will be golden. McCoy will have time to throw and Hillis/Jackson/Hardesty will have holes to run through.

    @sheepdog said:

    I was worried that he wouldn't reup with us because he would want to go to a team that is a contender now versus us being a contender in a year or two though I think we may be a tough team this year.

    This is the best news of the season so far, right up there with McCoy excelling in the WCO. The team is coming together. Now if we can just resign Mack and build our other OL we will be golden. McCoy will have time to throw and Hillis/Jackson/Hardesty will have holes to run through.

    Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. McCoy has done well in the postseason in the WCO. Let's not start throwing around terms like "excelled" until he wins a few games that count.

  • Also meant to add that this is an example of a true class act. Joe Thomas didn't hold out and be a little punk like Chris Johnson of Tennessee. I didn't even know that Thomas wanted an extension, if that is the case, Thomas and the FO got the job done without any distractions.

  • Also noted of getting ahead of ourselves is hardesty playing a game for us.

    Is it me or does anyone not named hillis have trouble running behind our line?

  • wow some of you are really homo.

  • I should have clarified or perhaps worded differently what I meant by McCoy excelling in the WCO. I meant it as a comparison to where most people thought he would be after not having an offseason. I didn't think he would be performing as well as he has.

    As for Hardesty, unless he injuries himself again he is going to play more this year than he did last year.

  • Haha ok... πŸ™‚

  • This woke me up from the off-season ... let's roll

  • LOL WB Stan....This is awesome news,Im ecstatio...Thomas showed some nice class by virtue of getting it done quietly. Cheers to the whole organization.