Skip to content

The Very First Hint Of A Decent Team And We Turn Into The Old Browns

The Browns Board
39 28 2.1k
  • H Hunt Daddy wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I've seen more plastic bags flying into the camera's view on the field than points the Browns have.

  • We're playing like crap. Plain and simple.

    I think this year still has some hope attatched to it, simply because of the schedule, but McCoy's progression, lack of WR depth, and trying to figure out if the WCO is even the right fit for the offense are sadly, all long-term projects.

    After last week I thought 10-6 and now I think 8-8. There will be weeks like this... sadly.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @unflappable said:

    and trying to figure out if the WCO is even the right fit for the offense

    you better hope so because that what holmgren and his regime has brought in and i don't think you'll ever see him change his mind and admit he was wrong.

    hey it's still early in the season BUT we played much better last year with a tougher schedule.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Cough....shurmur sux.....cough

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
    #9

    Should have kept Mangini and his system, this is what you get for changing leadership every couple of years. No offensive line, no wide receivers, Defense is looking pathetic as usual. Oh well. Time for another drink.

  • U Unflappable wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I do have to say that there is something very much "off" about watching Colt in the WCO sometimes. He literally looks restricted.

    Mangini's system gave him freedom and without any playmaker WR's, I really think you run the risk of stunting his growth if it's just one checkdown after another.

  • B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Can someone teach Hardesty how to catch the ball!!

    Hardesty came from the University of Tennessee so I shouldn't expect much from him.

  • F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
    #12

    This team gave up in the 2nd quarter. Don't think I've ever seen that before in the NFL. I'm sure there are some high school teams out there that would have at least put up a better fight...

    It's Tennessee. Not Greenbay, not Baltimore, not New England...but we make every crap team look like a superbowl contender

  • B Browns wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I'm getting sick and tired of hardesty. 😠 😠

  • U Unflappable wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Good lord at Hardesty.

    Amazingly, if Baltimore loses tonight, we stay tied for first.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Its not the wrs calling the plays....its not the wrs checking down, its no the wrs throwing ducks that hang in the air for 5 minutes. I by no means love these receivers, but I see alot of you using them as the scapegoat for noodles. I saw open receivers, and a QB that can't get them the ball. I also saw an OC that has no clue how to call a game.

  • W why cant we win wrote on last edited by
    #16

    how is the ball in the air for 5 mins if they arent going over 5 yards a throw lol

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #17

    No excuses. The Browns simply played poorly. On to next week.

    The single player that is driving me nuts is Sheldon Brown. He is a 32 yr old vet & got burned for a short TD (AND interfered) without EVER looking back for the ball? Try him at safety or stick a fork in him....he's done.

    As far as Hardesty, maybe he should have been pulled due to his drops, but Hillis may still be a little run down.

    I'm still a Brown's Fan but I'm also realistic. They are heading in the right direction, but they also have a ways to go.

    Mike

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #18

    And we weren't tied for first....we are 0-1 in the division....which tied us with Pitt for second. Now since Cincinnati won, we're tied for last

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Why: see the pick returned for a TD

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #20

    Lots of blame to go around in this one from the playcalling right down to personnel choices and execution..

    I am downgrading from an 8-8 season to a 7-9...

    This team still has a long way to go and the titans did a good job of painfully revealing most of what needs work to the naked eye..

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Nobody mentioned the shitty tackling- unacceptable.

    I was worried about the defense, and today, it all came to be. We have no speed at LB at all. The opposing TEs are going to kill us the rest of the season, we can't cover the TE.

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Despite obvious lack of talent/playmakers the browns looked like they were just going through the motions today. It's pretty early in the season to put out such a lackadasical

    effort. Shumur has to shoulder the blame for the embarassing performance at home. The 97 yd pick six was disgraceful. Factor in having to endure the network

    commentator pointing out just how lousy the Browns' are every five minutes and you end up with a waste of a Sundy afternoon. f gannon

  • 1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Tennesee is a good team. Browns played bad today for sure but 2-2 at the quarter is better than 1-3 last year.

    Hills must not be 100% after the strep.

  • Nobody mentioned the shitty tackling- unacceptable.

    I was worried about the defense, and today, it all came to be. We have no speed at LB at all. The opposing TEs are going to kill us the rest of the season, we can't cover the TE.

    alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @bob806 said:

    Nobody mentioned the shitty tackling- unacceptable.

    I was worried about the defense, and today, it all came to be. We have no speed at LB at all. The opposing TEs are going to kill us the rest of the season, we can't cover the TE.

    Good call Bob.. we also have no speed at RB... no speed at receiver... and with the exception of Haden, no speed in the defensive backfield... Usama Young on the 80 yd TD... WTF?????

    Fujiita and Gocong run like they're stuck in the mud...

    We are so slow it is almost painful to watch...

  • JibzJ Jibz wrote on last edited by
    #25

    This coaching staff refuses to make changes during half time to adjust the game.

    They decide we are going to throw the ball and even if it doesn't work... they stick with it.

    I still see positives and think this WILL be a good team..... soon!