What We Should Have Drafted In The First Round Since 05
-
I know there is alot that goes in to a draft each year, but if the Browns just took the Best player Avl at the time this is what we would have
2005
we took Braylon Edwards
What we should have taken Aaron Rodgers!!!!!
in the Second we took Brodney Pool, should have taken Vincent Jackson
2006
We took Kameron Wimbley, if we do not switch pics with the Ravens, we keep a draft pic and should have taken Haloti Ngata
2007
Took Joe Thomas, really do not mind the pi now, but at the time I was pissed beyond belief, because we should have taken AP..NO QUISTIONS ASKED BEST PLAYER IN DRAFT!!!!! since we traded back up in the first instead of taking Quinn(because we would have Rodgers if we drafted right) we take Dawyne Bowe
no pic 2008
2009
Alex Mack like the pick, but could have taken Clay Matthews
If we take Clay Matthew, we then had three 2nd round picks we could have got all out o-line in that round. There was some pro-bowl lineman in the second..instead Momass, Robo, and Venklukeuihe..
2010
Joe Haden, I think we nailed this. He was they best player Avl!!!!
2011
Tradeing down to to take Phil Taylor, have no problem with because we would have already had playmakers everywhere....
So this is a team that I think we all could have fell in love with
QB-Aaron Rodgers
WR-Jackson
WR-Bowe
RB-AP
Cribbs for whatever u needed
CB-Haden
DL-Ngata
DL-Talyor
LB-Matthews
LB-Jackson
LB-Maualuga
I Love dreaming, it keeps me sain thru this nightmare season
S-Ward
I know there is alot that goes in to a draft each year, but if the Browns just took the Best player Avl at the time this is what we would have
2005
we took Braylon Edwards
What we should have taken Aaron Rodgers!!!!!
in the Second we took Brodney Pool, should have taken Vincent Jackson
2006
We took Kameron Wimbley, if we do not switch pics with the Ravens, we keep a draft pic and should have taken Haloti Ngata
2007
Took Joe Thomas, really do not mind the pi now, but at the time I was pissed beyond belief, because we should have taken AP..NO QUISTIONS ASKED BEST PLAYER IN DRAFT!!!!! since we traded back up in the first instead of taking Quinn(because we would have Rodgers if we drafted right) we take Dawyne Bowe
no pic 2008
2009
Alex Mack like the pick, but could have taken Clay Matthews
If we take Clay Matthew, we then had three 2nd round picks we could have got all out o-line in that round. There was some pro-bowl lineman in the second..instead Momass, Robo, and Venklukeuihe..
2010
Joe Haden, I think we nailed this. He was they best player Avl!!!!
2011
Tradeing down to to take Phil Taylor, have no problem with because we would have already had playmakers everywhere....
So this is a team that I think we all could have fell in love with
QB-Aaron Rodgers
WR-Jackson
WR-Bowe
RB-AP
Cribbs for whatever u needed
CB-Haden
DL-Ngata
DL-Talyor
LB-Matthews
LB-Jackson
LB-Maualuga
I Love dreaming, it keeps me sain thru this nightmare season
S-Ward
You missed the big one...................passing on Ben and then giving up a two for notihing in 2004, the biggest blunder ever and being in denial ever since even worse......................we got winsblow and lost a draft prick and the Steerlers got three super bowl appearances,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'
slice that cheese into something other than disaster
-
At the same time though you do have to consider that if we did get Rodgers then we would be a contender and wouldn't have the top 10 and top 15 picks that we have every year.
I wish we could have drafted this well.
Good post.
-
-
Ummmm.... what was the name of the guy who limped off this site bleeding from the rectum after being anally raped here for pimping, pimping and pimping Aaron Rodgers every which way but loose in 2005?
Oh yeah Shep?????
I miss hearing that guy's opinions on this board.
-
-
He also pimped Leinart. And Alex Smith.
Edit: Hope you don't mind Cal- add Joey Harrington, Shep was still pimping him after it was proven by every knowledgeable Lions fan who knew for a couple seasons the guy sucked swampwater. And he was all over Brady Quinn too. If you pimp every first round potential qb every year, eventually you get one right. Hoorta.
Usually, every first round top rated college qb was Shep's pimping focus.
Big freakin stupid deal.
No qb can be successul behind this oline with injuries and failure to draft a few of them.
-
-
I would go out on a limb and say all 4 of those guys wouldn't of shined here in Cleveland.
-
nightmare of a season? Really? Did I miss something, were the Browns forced to forfeit their wins? A nightmare season would be 0-5. 2-3 is pretty much where a team with the talent of the Browns should be. Maybe even 1-4.
Give me a break.
-
that was the only pick of note that shep actually got right. you should have seen what he thought of haden.
-
I know there is alot that goes in to a draft each year, but if the Browns just took the Best player Avl at the time this is what we would have
2005
we took Braylon Edwards
What we should have taken Aaron Rodgers!!!!!
in the Second we took Brodney Pool, should have taken Vincent Jackson
2006
We took Kameron Wimbley, if we do not switch pics with the Ravens, we keep a draft pic and should have taken Haloti Ngata
2007
Took Joe Thomas, really do not mind the pi now, but at the time I was pissed beyond belief, because we should have taken AP..NO QUISTIONS ASKED BEST PLAYER IN DRAFT!!!!! since we traded back up in the first instead of taking Quinn(because we would have Rodgers if we drafted right) we take Dawyne Bowe
no pic 2008
2009
Alex Mack like the pick, but could have taken Clay Matthews
If we take Clay Matthew, we then had three 2nd round picks we could have got all out o-line in that round. There was some pro-bowl lineman in the second..instead Momass, Robo, and Venklukeuihe..
2010
Joe Haden, I think we nailed this. He was they best player Avl!!!!
2011
Tradeing down to to take Phil Taylor, have no problem with because we would have already had playmakers everywhere....
So this is a team that I think we all could have fell in love with
QB-Aaron Rodgers
WR-Jackson
WR-Bowe
RB-AP
Cribbs for whatever u needed
CB-Haden
DL-Ngata
DL-Talyor
LB-Matthews
LB-Jackson
LB-Maualuga
I Love dreaming, it keeps me sain thru this nightmare season
S-Ward
I know there is alot that goes in to a draft each year, but if the Browns just took the Best player Avl at the time this is what we would have
2005
we took Braylon Edwards
What we should have taken Aaron Rodgers!!!!!
in the Second we took Brodney Pool, should have taken Vincent Jackson
2006
We took Kameron Wimbley, if we do not switch pics with the Ravens, we keep a draft pic and should have taken Haloti Ngata
2007
Took Joe Thomas, really do not mind the pi now, but at the time I was pissed beyond belief, because we should have taken AP..NO QUISTIONS ASKED BEST PLAYER IN DRAFT!!!!! since we traded back up in the first instead of taking Quinn(because we would have Rodgers if we drafted right) we take Dawyne Bowe
no pic 2008
2009
Alex Mack like the pick, but could have taken Clay Matthews
If we take Clay Matthew, we then had three 2nd round picks we could have got all out o-line in that round. There was some pro-bowl lineman in the second..instead Momass, Robo, and Venklukeuihe..
2010
Joe Haden, I think we nailed this. He was they best player Avl!!!!
2011
Tradeing down to to take Phil Taylor, have no problem with because we would have already had playmakers everywhere....
So this is a team that I think we all could have fell in love with
QB-Aaron Rodgers
WR-Jackson
WR-Bowe
RB-AP
Cribbs for whatever u needed
CB-Haden
DL-Ngata
DL-Talyor
LB-Matthews
LB-Jackson
LB-Maualuga
I Love dreaming, it keeps me sain thru this nightmare season
S-Ward
Hindsight is 20/20!
-
-
Don't forget that the pickle was a can't miss pick either. What's more amusing that now in year 7...after 6 horrible seasons....shepherd is virndicated as being right about Smith. Its quite amusing watching him spin his "logic"
-
You missed one thing- Take a look at what the Browns could have had with the first round pick they gave to Dallas in 2008 to get Quinn. It will make you ill. Rashard Mendenhall or Chris Johnson. Peterson isn't that much better than those two.
You missed one thing- Take a look at what the Browns could have had with the first round pick they gave to Dallas in 2008 to get Quinn. It will make you ill. Rashard Mendenhall or Chris Johnson. Peterson isn't that much better than those two.
I cannot believe you just said AP is not that much better than mendenhall LMFAO! seriously??
-
"The Pickle"? I guess I don't know who that is.
My guess is jimmy claussen, only thing I could think of
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login