Colt Mccoy
-
Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.
Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.
He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.
Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.
Well... my buddy said he stinks like shit, smells like jizz, and throws like a girl.
Who cares what people say or think. He's not producing and yeah it's not all his fault but it's not good right now.
He's been playing great in the last 2 minutes of the games. He's the GARBAGE TIME CHAMPION. Other than that, i've seen him miss wide open guys, over throw deep routes, under throw short ones. I don't know what it is, but his accuracy and timing is off with this crew.
Maybe he will be the next Montana, but this year he stinks just like the entire Browns offense does.
Maybe he does good because he has more time to throw because teams are less likely to rush the passer with aggression.
-
Lwt's keep in mind the Browns have an entirely new coaching staff and the offseason was shortened by the lockout.
-
It's too soon to judge but last year's coaching staff got more out of him against better opposition. He's hesitating and the fraction of a second is making him much less accurate than usual. When he's decisive he's been good. The problem is that this offense can be very complex. They're relying on him way too much to carry the offense. I haven't noticed him making audibles so I'm guessing he must not be allowed to.
I am very disappointed in the results and I questioned his ability coming out of Texas (I'm an alum who saw every game he played in college). Great collegiate player. Unclear what his pro ceiling is. I think he's better than #10 was before him but that isn't saying a whole lot.
-
Cam makes that team better. Colt needs to make this team better. That's the plain and simple. He's not showing the potential. htownbrown
***********************************************************************************
Cam has a freakin solid OFFENSIVE LINE. Colt does NOT.
LOOK who the offensive line starters are for Carolina. Note that CAROLINA DRAFTED EVERY ONE OF THEM. The Browns don't have a RT on the roster, practically speaking.
They needed a qb. They HAD THE OFFENSIVE LINE IN PLACE. THEY PAID ATTENTION TO BUILDING and COMPLETING THEIR OFFENSIVE LINE.
Their only question? is at RT. But this last draft, they DID draft one. The Browns don't have one, and it ruins their chances, Lauvao is still a second year player,
and Pinkston at LOG is a rookie, and Mack is playing while recovering from an appendectomy.
Come ON, man !
LEFT TACKLE
Jordan Gross #69 Tackle Carolina Panthers Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-4 Weight: 305
Born: Jul 20, 1980 - Fruitland, ID
College: Utah
Draft: 2003 - 1st round (8th pick) by the Carolina Panthers
LEFT GUARD
Travelle Wharton #70 Guard Carolina Panthers Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-4 Weight: 312
Born: May 19, 1981 - Greenville, SC
College: South Carolina
Draft: 2004 - 3rd round (31st pick) by the Carolina Panthers
CENTER
Ryan Kalil #67 Center Carolina Panthers Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-2 Weight: 295
Born: Mar 29, 1985 - Corona, CA
College: USC
Draft: 2007 - 2nd round (27th pick) by the Carolina Panthers
OFFENSIVE GUARD
Ziemba, Lee Geoff Hangartner #63 Center Carolina Panthers Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-5 Weight: 301
Born: Apr 22, 1982 - Houston, TX
College: Texas A&M
Draft: 2005 - 5th round (33rd pick) by the Carolina Panthers
RIGHT TACKLE
Lee Ziemba #75 Tackle Carolina Panthers Team Home
NewsTeam ReportBlogsScores & ScheduleStatsRosterDepth ChartTransactionsPhotosHeight: 6-6 Weight: 318
Born: Mar 29, 1989 - Rogers, AR
College: Auburn
Draft: 2011 - 7th round (43rd pick) by the Carolina Panthers
-
I don't know how you can say McCoy is sound on his mechanics.Look at
the games and tell me how how many times he throws off his back foot.
Tell me how many times he steps into a throw and turns his hips into
the throw. The answers are a lot and not nearly enough respectively.
Add that to a weak arm and he is playing badly.
His claim to fame was his accuracy and even that is way off this year.
He has truly regressed this year from last year. Whether that is
coaching (I seem to think some of it is) or lack of O-line play or
bad receivers is possible.
Personally,I think Shurmur is overwhelmed by the job.He has too much on
his plate and it shows in his play calling.Where are the hot reads on the
blitz? Where are the slants? When does McCoy EVER throw a mid range throw
across the middle? He better figure it out quick or this is a 4-12 team and
you still don't have a NFL quarterback.Remember that the Browns have STILL
not played a top flight NFL defense.
-
By "up north" I assume you mean anything north of the Rio Grande?
Otherwise, in this country, I would say that is a completely outdated term. Over half the people in the southern/western US states moved there within the last 40 years.
And FYI we have a term that has been in use for a long time on this board. It is "DAT". Figure it out. In fact, on this board, that is the official name of a certain NFL team.
Its definitely an outmoded term. I was trying to make a jab at the fact that some folks from the South still act like the Civil War is going on. Wasn't very funny but it was just a joke.
-
OK, but did you figure out DAT yet? FYI, the play in the AFC South.
Nah I never figured it out, but I have this feeling its gonna be some kind of crack on the Dallas Cowboys, lol. What is it?
-
I don't know how you can say McCoy is sound on his mechanics.Look at
the games and tell me how how many times he throws off his back foot.
Tell me how many times he steps into a throw and turns his hips into
the throw. The answers are a lot and not nearly enough respectively.
Add that to a weak arm and he is playing badly.
His claim to fame was his accuracy and even that is way off this year.
He has truly regressed this year from last year. Whether that is
coaching (I seem to think some of it is) or lack of O-line play or
bad receivers is possible.
Personally,I think Shurmur is overwhelmed by the job.He has too much on
his plate and it shows in his play calling.Where are the hot reads on the
blitz? Where are the slants? When does McCoy EVER throw a mid range throw
across the middle? He better figure it out quick or this is a 4-12 team and
you still don't have a NFL quarterback.Remember that the Browns have STILL
not played a top flight NFL defense.
I don't know how you can say McCoy is sound on his mechanics.Look at
the games and tell me how how many times he throws off his back foot.
Tell me how many times he steps into a throw and turns his hips into
the throw. The answers are a lot and not nearly enough respectively.
Add that to a weak arm and he is playing badly.
His claim to fame was his accuracy and even that is way off this year.
He has truly regressed this year from last year. Whether that is
coaching (I seem to think some of it is) or lack of O-line play or
bad receivers is possible.
Personally,I think Shurmur is overwhelmed by the job.He has too much on
his plate and it shows in his play calling.Where are the hot reads on the
blitz? Where are the slants? When does McCoy EVER throw a mid range throw
across the middle? He better figure it out quick or this is a 4-12 team and
you still don't have a NFL quarterback.Remember that the Browns have STILL
not played a top flight NFL defense.
I agree with everything except that we have a top flight defense. I would say average at best. They could be better if the offense gave them so rest time.
We're 4th against the pass and 24th against the rush. Reason we're ranked so high against the pass, cuz teams run all over us. Overall not too bad, except knowing they spent our 1st round pick to get a run stopper and that isn't happening too well.
-
I don't know how you can say McCoy is sound on his mechanics.Look at
the games and tell me how how many times he throws off his back foot.
Tell me how many times he steps into a throw and turns his hips into
the throw. The answers are a lot and not nearly enough respectively.
Add that to a weak arm and he is playing badly.
His claim to fame was his accuracy and even that is way off this year.
He has truly regressed this year from last year. Whether that is
coaching (I seem to think some of it is) or lack of O-line play or
bad receivers is possible.
Personally,I think Shurmur is overwhelmed by the job.He has too much on
his plate and it shows in his play calling.Where are the hot reads on the
blitz? Where are the slants? When does McCoy EVER throw a mid range throw
across the middle? He better figure it out quick or this is a 4-12 team and
you still don't have a NFL quarterback.Remember that the Browns have STILL
not played a top flight NFL defense.
I don't know how you can say McCoy is sound on his mechanics.Look at
the games and tell me how how many times he throws off his back foot.
Tell me how many times he steps into a throw and turns his hips into
the throw. The answers are a lot and not nearly enough respectively.
Add that to a weak arm and he is playing badly.
His claim to fame was his accuracy and even that is way off this year.
He has truly regressed this year from last year. Whether that is
coaching (I seem to think some of it is) or lack of O-line play or
bad receivers is possible.
Personally,I think Shurmur is overwhelmed by the job.He has too much on
his plate and it shows in his play calling.Where are the hot reads on the
blitz? Where are the slants? When does McCoy EVER throw a mid range throw
across the middle? He better figure it out quick or this is a 4-12 team and
you still don't have a NFL quarterback.Remember that the Browns have STILL
not played a top flight NFL defense.
McCoy's mechanics are fine, but he has made some bad throws. Rotation occurs on a correctly thrown pass, so I don't know what youre talking about with the hips thing. Much of the momentum that goes into throwing a football comes from a player's base and moves upward into the throw and the kinetic force put behind a ball occurs on rotation. Anyway, I agree with you about McCoy making some bad passes, I've seen it too, and those are inexcusable. Posting up a vid of my friend throwing the football and its in slo-mo so you can see the rotation that occurs on a pass.
-
Oh, come ON, man !
Meanwhile:
**************************
-
I don't know how you can say McCoy is sound on his mechanics.Look at
the games and tell me how how many times he throws off his back foot.
Tell me how many times he steps into a throw and turns his hips into
the throw. The answers are a lot and not nearly enough respectively.
Add that to a weak arm and he is playing badly.
His claim to fame was his accuracy and even that is way off this year.
He has truly regressed this year from last year. Whether that is
coaching (I seem to think some of it is) or lack of O-line play or
bad receivers is possible.
Personally,I think Shurmur is overwhelmed by the job.He has too much on
his plate and it shows in his play calling.Where are the hot reads on the
blitz? Where are the slants? When does McCoy EVER throw a mid range throw
across the middle? He better figure it out quick or this is a 4-12 team and
you still don't have a NFL quarterback.Remember that the Browns have STILL
not played a top flight NFL defense.
I agree with everything except that we have a top flight defense. I would say average at best. They could be better if the offense gave them so rest time.
We're 4th against the pass and 24th against the rush. Reason we're ranked so high against the pass, cuz teams run all over us. Overall not too bad, except knowing they spent our 1st round pick to get a run stopper and that isn't happening too well.
I agree with everything except that we have a top flight defense. I would say average at best. They could be better if the offense gave them so rest time.
We're 4th against the pass and 24th against the rush. Reason we're ranked so high against the pass, cuz teams run all over us. Overall not too bad, except knowing they spent our 1st round pick to get a run stopper and that isn't happening too well.
I meant the Browns have still not played AGAINST a top flight NFL defense.
-
I don't know how you can say McCoy is sound on his mechanics.Look at
the games and tell me how how many times he throws off his back foot.
Tell me how many times he steps into a throw and turns his hips into
the throw. The answers are a lot and not nearly enough respectively.
Add that to a weak arm and he is playing badly.
His claim to fame was his accuracy and even that is way off this year.
He has truly regressed this year from last year. Whether that is
coaching (I seem to think some of it is) or lack of O-line play or
bad receivers is possible.
Personally,I think Shurmur is overwhelmed by the job.He has too much on
his plate and it shows in his play calling.Where are the hot reads on the
blitz? Where are the slants? When does McCoy EVER throw a mid range throw
across the middle? He better figure it out quick or this is a 4-12 team and
you still don't have a NFL quarterback.Remember that the Browns have STILL
not played a top flight NFL defense.
McCoy's mechanics are fine, but he has made some bad throws. Rotation occurs on a correctly thrown pass, so I don't know what youre talking about with the hips thing. Much of the momentum that goes into throwing a football comes from a player's base and moves upward into the throw and the kinetic force put behind a ball occurs on rotation. Anyway, I agree with you about McCoy making some bad passes, I've seen it too, and those are inexcusable. Posting up a vid of my friend throwing the football and its in slo-mo so you can see the rotation that occurs on a pass.
McCoy's mechanics are fine, but he has made some bad throws. Rotation occurs on a correctly thrown pass, so I don't know what youre talking about with the hips thing. Much of the momentum that goes into throwing a football comes from a player's base and moves upward into the throw and the kinetic force put behind a ball occurs on rotation. Anyway, I agree with you about McCoy making some bad passes, I've seen it too, and those are inexcusable. Posting up a vid of my friend throwing the football and its in slo-mo so you can see the rotation that occurs on a pass.
McCoy is open a lot of times when he throws. He does not get his right side
through the pass. He does not rotate his right side through the ball. Like a
golf swing, he is hanging back on his right side. Not all the time. But too many
times.Your youtube video is great.It shows the QB coming thru with his right side
and following through.He can't get much velocity on the ball if he hangs back. Once
again just like a golf swing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login