The Browns GM/Coach Search - from a Patsfan's perspective
-
A pats fan who doesn't like Mangini? Nearly as rare as a Lions fan who doesn't like Matt Millen...
-
Don't tell me it's so bad in Cleveland that you guys are already rationalizing why it'd be good to hire Mangini.
I'd have thought it would be a complete fan revolt - but I do understand that there's the Kool Aid factor - and that if Lerner pulls the trigger you're going to HAVE to convince yourselves its a good move.
But beyond that, are there really some fans who actually think that would be a smart move?
-
Don't tell me it's so bad in Cleveland that you guys are already rationalizing why it'd be good to hire Mangini.
I'd have thought it would be a complete fan revolt - but I do understand that there's the Kool Aid factor - and that if Lerner pulls the trigger you're going to HAVE to convince yourselves its a good move.
But beyond that, are there really some fans who actually think that would be a smart move?
Don't tell me it's so bad in Cleveland that you guys are already rationalizing why it'd be good to hire Mangini.
I'd have thought it would be a complete fan revolt - but I do understand that there's the Kool Aid factor - and that if Lerner pulls the trigger you're going to HAVE to convince yourselves its a good move.
But beyond that, are there really some fans who actually think that would be a smart move?
NO NO NO It would not be a smart move to hire Mangini.......This will be as big a mistake as Romeo Crennel was
-
Don't tell me it's so bad in Cleveland that you guys are already rationalizing why it'd be good to hire Mangini.
I'd have thought it would be a complete fan revolt - but I do understand that there's the Kool Aid factor - and that if Lerner pulls the trigger you're going to HAVE to convince yourselves its a good move.
But beyond that, are there really some fans who actually think that would be a smart move?
Don't tell me it's so bad in Cleveland that you guys are already rationalizing why it'd be good to hire Mangini.
I'd have thought it would be a complete fan revolt - but I do understand that there's the Kool Aid factor - and that if Lerner pulls the trigger you're going to HAVE to convince yourselves its a good move.
But beyond that, are there really some fans who actually think that would be a smart move?
I'm pretty sure no one cares what you think.
-
Don't tell me it's so bad in Cleveland that you guys are already rationalizing why it'd be good to hire Mangini.
I'd have thought it would be a complete fan revolt - but I do understand that there's the Kool Aid factor - and that if Lerner pulls the trigger you're going to HAVE to convince yourselves its a good move.
But beyond that, are there really some fans who actually think that would be a smart move?
I'm pretty sure no one cares what you think.
I'm pretty sure no one cares what you think.
Stay Classy Cleveland.
-
Don't tell me it's so bad in Cleveland that you guys are already rationalizing why it'd be good to hire Mangini.
I'd have thought it would be a complete fan revolt - but I do understand that there's the Kool Aid factor - and that if Lerner pulls the trigger you're going to HAVE to convince yourselves its a good move.
But beyond that, are there really some fans who actually think that would be a smart move?
I'm pretty sure no one cares what you think.
I'm pretty sure no one cares what you think.
I think you're right. Forget everything I said.
Mods - please delete this thread. Lerner nor Cleveland fans need any additional perspective. You're right - Mangini is the perfect choice for this organization and Cleveland will get exactly the type of team they deserve.
-
Wow, you guys are assholes. That was a great post from that Pat's fan. Thanks JoesixPat, thanks for taking the time.
I guess one could apply the ole "that's what we thought when you guys hired Belichick" cry ... but that's what those who drank the kool-aid here in Cleveland might have thought, but many of us could see what Belichick was building and it eventually lead to the Ravens taking home the Lombardy. Can you say the same for the Jet's? What has Mangini built up there?
Belichick was side-swiped at the end here by the announcement of the move, but he assembled a pretty damn good football team before the carpet was pulled out from under him. He made the difficult roster moves that we cry for someone to come in and do today. He stock piled the draft picks that landed the Ravens Ray Lewis & Jonathan Ogden.
WTF has Mangini done?
I appreciate this Pat's fans perspective on how Belichick and Pioli worked together ... much better insight than one of our bias opinions.
I happen to like these opposing fans (Jets & Pats) views on this subject, if you don't have anything constructive to counter than don't reply.
-
Zombo said:
Yeah, we thought the same thing when you guys hired Belichick.Zombo
Who is this "WE"
I predicted Bill Belichik would be a SB winning head coach BEFORE the Browns ever went to the playoffs.
As far as being "football smart", I don't necessarily disagree, HOWEVER, the bulk of you on this board are indeed so blinded by emotion more often than not you can't see the forrest for the trees.
As much as you think I am automatically negative I find you guys to be sheep. It doesn't matter what the browns do, you guys think shit is gold. Seriously, think about how long you chnted In Sewage We Trust, and supported shit like dilfer, Frye and William Green.
Many here still think the Browns are a better franchise than the Bengals, or that Crennell is the secret to Belichik's HOF success.
Ridiculous fans, thats what Browns fans have become.
As far as Mangini goes, I'll take him over Ferentz, but would rather have Shanahan.
-
Wow, you guys are assholes. That was a great post from that Pat's fan. Thanks JoesixPat, thanks for taking the time.
I guess one could apply the ole "that's what we thought when you guys hired Belichick" cry ... but that's what those who drank the kool-aid here in Cleveland might have thought, but many of us could see what Belichick was building and it eventually lead to the Ravens taking home the Lombardy. Can you say the same for the Jet's? What has Mangini built up there?
Belichick was side-swiped at the end here by the announcement of the move, but he assembled a pretty damn good football team before the carpet was pulled out from under him. He made the difficult roster moves that we cry for someone to come in and do today. He stock piled the draft picks that landed the Ravens Ray Lewis & Jonathan Ogden.
WTF has Mangini done?
I appreciate this Pat's fans perspective on how Belichick and Pioli worked together ... much better insight than one of our bias opinions.
I happen to like these opposing fans (Jets & Pats) views on this subject, if you don't have anything constructive to counter than don't reply.
Wow, you guys are assholes. That was a great post from that Pat's fan. Thanks JoesixPat, thanks for taking the time.
I guess one could apply the ole "that's what we thought when you guys hired Belichick" cry ... but that's what those who drank the kool-aid here in Cleveland might have thought, but many of us could see what Belichick was building and it eventually lead to the Ravens taking home the Lombardy. Can you say the same for the Jet's? What has Mangini built up there?
Belichick was side-swiped at the end here by the announcement of the move, but he assembled a pretty damn good football team before the carpet was pulled out from under him. He made the difficult roster moves that we cry for someone to come in and do today. He stock piled the draft picks that landed the Ravens Ray Lewis & Jonathan Ogden.
WTF has Mangini done?
I appreciate this Pat's fans perspective on hos Belichick and pioli worked together ... much better insight than one of our bias opinions.
I happen to like these opposing fans (Jets & Pats) views on this subject, if you don't have anything constructive to counter than don't reply.
I'd take a long look in the mirror at who the asshole is..
-
Wow, you guys are assholes. That was a great post from that Pat's fan. Thanks JoesixPat, thanks for taking the time.
I guess one could apply the ole "that's what we thought when you guys hired Belichick" cry ... but that's what those who drank the kool-aid here in Cleveland might have thought, but many of us could see what Belichick was building and it eventually lead to the Ravens taking home the Lombardy. Can you say the same for the Jet's? What has Mangini built up there?
Belichick was side-swiped at the end here by the announcement of the move, but he assembled a pretty damn good football team before the carpet was pulled out from under him. He made the difficult roster moves that we cry for someone to come in and do today. He stock piled the draft picks that landed the Ravens Ray Lewis & Jonathan Ogden.
WTF has Mangini done?
I appreciate this Pat's fans perspective on hos Belichick and pioli worked together ... much better insight than one of our bias opinions.
I happen to like these opposing fans (Jets & Pats) views on this subject, if you don't have anything constructive to counter than don't reply.
I'd take a long look in the mirror at who the asshole is..
I'd take a long look in the mirror at who the asshole is..
Thanks asshole, I did just that and came to the conclusion that I would much rather be entertained by a Pats fans perspective on the subject of Mangini & Pioli than your pussy take that nobody cares for their opinion.
If you don't care for their opinion or are just going to put up some weak-ass shit about Farve than don't post because your replies here in this thread are among the dumbest.
-
I'm kind of with Stan on this - you guys sometimes have a habit of not giving other fans a fair chance to give you some outside perspective on things. The guy simply was giving some insight on a coach he has experience with in NE, and yes it was only an opinion, but clearly he didn't need to be briushed aside like that.
We're all frustrated in Cleveland and I for one do not want Mangini. Doesn't make me correct, but it doesn't mean the guy from Boston doesn't mean well by coming here.
Some of you become completely unspooled at the thought of anyone coming here to talk football. They're not all idiots, IMO.
-
Wow, you guys are assholes. That was a great post from that Pat's fan. Thanks JoesixPat, thanks for taking the time.
I guess one could apply the ole "that's what we thought when you guys hired Belichick" cry ... but that's what those who drank the kool-aid here in Cleveland might have thought, but many of us could see what Belichick was building and it eventually lead to the Ravens taking home the Lombardy. Can you say the same for the Jet's? What has Mangini built up there?
Belichick was side-swiped at the end here by the announcement of the move, but he assembled a pretty damn good football team before the carpet was pulled out from under him. He made the difficult roster moves that we cry for someone to come in and do today. He stock piled the draft picks that landed the Ravens Ray Lewis & Jonathan Ogden.
WTF has Mangini done?
I appreciate this Pat's fans perspective on how Belichick and Pioli worked together ... much better insight than one of our bias opinions.
I happen to like these opposing fans (Jets & Pats) views on this subject, if you don't have anything constructive to counter than don't reply.
Wow, you guys are assholes. That was a great post from that Pat's fan. Thanks JoesixPat, thanks for taking the time.
I guess one could apply the ole "that's what we thought when you guys hired Belichick" cry ... but that's what those who drank the kool-aid here in Cleveland might have thought, but many of us could see what Belichick was building and it eventually lead to the Ravens taking home the Lombardy. Can you say the same for the Jet's? What has Mangini built up there?
Belichick was side-swiped at the end here by the announcement of the move, but he assembled a pretty damn good football team before the carpet was pulled out from under him. He made the difficult roster moves that we cry for someone to come in and do today. He stock piled the draft picks that landed the Ravens Ray Lewis & Jonathan Ogden.
WTF has Mangini done?
I appreciate this Pat's fans perspective on how Belichick and Pioli worked together ... much better insight than one of our bias opinions.
I happen to like these opposing fans (Jets & Pats) views on this subject, if you don't have anything constructive to counter than don't reply.
Yes let's listen to a fan of a team Mangini never was the head coach for, played reasonably well against the last 3 years and called them out for cheating and cost them a first round pick and put their 3 super bowls into question. Get serious.
-
I'd take a long look in the mirror at who the asshole is..
Thanks asshole, I did just that and came to the conclusion that I would much rather be entertained by a Pats fans perspective on the subject of Mangini & Pioli than your pussy take that nobody cares for their opinion.
If you don't care for their opinion or are just going to put up some weak-ass shit about Farve than don't post because your replies here in this thread are among the dumbest.
Thanks asshole, I did just that and came to the conclusion that I would much rather be entertained by a Pats fans perspective on the subject of Mangini & Pioli than your pussy take that nobody cares for their opinion.
If you don't care for their opinion or are just going to put up some weak-ass shit about Farve than don't post because your replies here in this thread are among the dumbest.
Yikes. Why would a Patriots fan not like Mangini? I just don't get why...oh maybe because I haven't lived in a cave the last 3 years. Why would Patriot fans not like the man who said their God of a head coach cheated his way to 3 super bowls? Oh well.
-
I'm kind of with Stan on this - you guys sometimes have a habit of not giving other fans a fair chance to give you some outside perspective on things. The guy simply was giving some insight on a coach he has experience with in NE, and yes it was only an opinion, but clearly he didn't need to be briushed aside like that.
We're all frustrated in Cleveland and I for one do not want Mangini. Doesn't make me correct, but it doesn't mean the guy from Boston doesn't mean well by coming here.
Some of you become completely unspooled at the thought of anyone coming here to talk football. They're not all idiots, IMO.
I'm kind of with Stan on this - you guys sometimes have a habit of not giving other fans a fair chance to give you some outside perspective on things. The guy simply was giving some insight on a coach he has experience with in NE, and yes it was only an opinion, but clearly he didn't need to be briushed aside like that.
We're all frustrated in Cleveland and I for one do not want Mangini. Doesn't make me correct, but it doesn't mean the guy from Boston doesn't mean well by coming here.
Some of you become completely unspooled at the thought of anyone coming here to talk football. They're not all idiots, IMO.
Not all idiots but definitely biased.
-
Wow, you guys are assholes. That was a great post from that Pat's fan. Thanks JoesixPat, thanks for taking the time.
I guess one could apply the ole "that's what we thought when you guys hired Belichick" cry ... but that's what those who drank the kool-aid here in Cleveland might have thought, but many of us could see what Belichick was building and it eventually lead to the Ravens taking home the Lombardy. Can you say the same for the Jet's? What has Mangini built up there?
Belichick was side-swiped at the end here by the announcement of the move, but he assembled a pretty damn good football team before the carpet was pulled out from under him. He made the difficult roster moves that we cry for someone to come in and do today. He stock piled the draft picks that landed the Ravens Ray Lewis & Jonathan Ogden.
WTF has Mangini done?
I appreciate this Pat's fans perspective on how Belichick and Pioli worked together ... much better insight than one of our bias opinions.
I happen to like these opposing fans (Jets & Pats) views on this subject, if you don't have anything constructive to counter than don't reply.
Yes let's listen to a fan of a team Mangini never was the head coach for, played reasonably well against the last 3 years and called them out for cheating and cost them a first round pick and put their 3 super bowls into question. Get serious.
Yes let's listen to a fan of a team Mangini never was the head coach for, played reasonably well against the last 3 years and called them out for cheating and cost them a first round pick and put their 3 super bowls into question. Get serious.
T, am I supposed to listen to a group of fans that have had 3 head coaches in 9 years going on a 4th, hiring their 3rd GM in ten seasons, cannot beat the Steelers, have had 10-11 starting QB's, no playoff victories and two winning seasons? I am pretty sure we could use some outside perspective once in a while - we're developing Stockholm Syndrome, IMO.
I will gladly start listening to anyone outside the Browns community for a while.
-
Thanks asshole, I did just that and came to the conclusion that I would much rather be entertained by a Pats fans perspective on the subject of Mangini & Pioli than your pussy take that nobody cares for their opinion.
If you don't care for their opinion or are just going to put up some weak-ass shit about Farve than don't post because your replies here in this thread are among the dumbest.
Yikes. Why would a Patriots fan not like Mangini? I just don't get why...oh maybe because I haven't lived in a cave the last 3 years. Why would Patriot fans not like the man who said their God of a head coach cheated his way to 3 super bowls? Oh well.
Yikes. Why would a Patriots fan not like Mangini? I just don't get why...oh maybe because I haven't lived in a cave the last 3 years. Why would Patriot fans not like the man who said their God of a head coach cheated his way to 3 super bowls? Oh well.
My Bad, you are so right ... let's sink everything we have into a coach who is most famous for squealing and signing Farve out of retirement.
Bring on those opposing fans who aren't bias toward Mangini, to tell us all about all those accomplishments he's never had.
List Mangini's highlights below:
#101.) He squealed on the Pats.
#102.) He Saved Farve from retirement.
-
#103.) Belichick had problems in his first gig too ... so this means Mangini will win multi-Super Bowls at his next stop! Yea!
-
Yes let's listen to a fan of a team Mangini never was the head coach for, played reasonably well against the last 3 years and called them out for cheating and cost them a first round pick and put their 3 super bowls into question. Get serious.
T, am I supposed to listen to a group of fans that have had 3 head coaches in 9 years going on a 4th, hiring their 3rd GM in ten seasons, cannot beat the Steelers, have had 10-11 starting QB's, no playoff victories and two winning seasons? I am pretty sure we could use some outside perspective once in a while - we're developing Stockholm Syndrome, IMO.
I will gladly start listening to anyone outside the Browns community for a while.
T, am I supposed to listen to a group of fans that have had 3 head coaches in 9 years going on a 4th, hiring their 3rd GM in ten seasons, cannot beat the Steelers, have had 10-11 starting QB's, no playoff victories and two winning seasons? I am pretty sure we could use some outside perspective once in a while - we're developing Stockholm Syndrome, IMO.
I will gladly start listening to anyone outside the Browns community for a while.
That's more than fair. I'll admit I overreacted. But I will stick to not listening to someone who hates the guy who might get hired here.
-
Personally, I'm tired of this copycat of NE BS. I'm for chopping down the belichick tree in Cleveland and bringing in McKay to administer this organizations football activities. Let's start our own tree. Heckert/Spagnoula.
Find out if Shanahan is interested in coaching.
Ask Ozzie if he is interested in running the organization
Can Bernie be an adviser, at least
Want to create an idenity, start your own tree.
-
Its well known that it wasn't Mangini who dragged Farve to the jets, it was Tanenbaum and Johnson, lets not twist the truth here...but he should have benched him at some point down the stretch. I think Mangini is a good coach, the only thing that worries me a little is his lack of emotion, i think he'll do better with a team thats built through the draft than a team of imported vets...he could be good for us...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login