Skip to content

Bench Mccoy.....

The Browns Board
111 31 5.4k
  • Didn't u just say he's a winner tho?

  • If I've said it once i've said it a hundred times. Colt isn't the next Manning, and idk if he has a future as an NFL starting QB. But there's ABSOLUTELY O% percent chance with the refusal to slide protection for the blitz and frankly the worst offensive play-calling I've seen in by the browns in 6-7 years for Colt to succeed. I also mean this seriously when i say even Manning would have limited success under this He's making his progressions just fine, but when 3 guys are running routes being covered by 7-8 guys, there's no chance you can complete passes. I actually think half of Colts passes is an understanding that the play isn't there and throwing it away to be honest. Shurmer is in way over his head with both responsibilities. The coach is about 80% more to blame for that garbage offense than the players.

    @jrb12711 said:

    If I've said it once i've said it a hundred times. Colt isn't the next Manning, and idk if he has a future as an NFL starting QB. But there's ABSOLUTELY O% percent chance with the refusal to slide protection for the blitz and frankly the worst offensive play-calling I've seen in by the browns in 6-7 years for Colt to succeed. I also mean this seriously when i say even Manning would have limited success under this He's making his progressions just fine, but when 3 guys are running routes being covered by 7-8 guys, there's no chance you can complete passes. I actually think half of Colts passes is an understanding that the play isn't there and throwing it away to be honest. Shurmer is in way over his head with both responsibilities. The coach is about 80% more to blame for that garbage offense than the players.

    Now....this is exactly how I see it. You could put Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Joe Montana back there, and you would get the same crap. This is not Mccoy's fault.

  • Not going to judge him 14 games into his career playing for a team well into their second stretch to be in the top three for an all decade worst team

    @cdl15 said:

    Not going to judge him 14 games into his career playing for a team well into their second stretch to be in the top three for an all decade worst team

    bro its no use. dont try convincing them that their QBs worth backing up after a win. you wont get anywhere.

  • Yeah...he sure lit it up against a poor pass defense. He's totally showing we need to go all in with his immaculate play

  • Didn't u just say he's a winner tho?

    @choco said:

    Didn't u just say he's a winner tho?

    He hasn't shown me anything otherwise. Takes an ass whooping and gets back up and the other guys respect him on the team. No one won more games in college then this kid and u wanna bench him without a whole season under his belt. Tim Teabag is starting go root for him. ... Or better yet who should we have drafted or picked up or kept.

  • i like colt and think he's a winner BUT that doesn't mean he's an nfl qb. yes he's what we've got so we have to play him and he MIGHT become comfortable with this system one of these days.

    timcouchpullsout is right though that he played a lot better last year in daboll's shit system and seems to be struggling in this version of the WCO.

    the WHOLE of the problem doesn't stem from mccoy but the new offense and it's designers. holmgren set us back another two years. instead of seeing what was good about last year and tweaking it a little. he wanted total control and total recognition as a football wizard and czar, he has to do it his way which no one knows is even viable anymore.

    as soon as they said new coach, new system i knew we were fxxked AGAIN for the next three years.

    this team struggled against a team most of you said we should blow out. same with cincy. you wanna see a real nfl football team? a championship football team? watch the green bay packers and tell me they would struggle against the seahawks, cincy or oakland? no comparison. WHEN do all you geniuses who are happy with today's win think we'll be able to compete with a team like that? WHEN???

  • i like colt and think he's a winner BUT that doesn't mean he's an nfl qb. yes he's what we've got so we have to play him and he MIGHT become comfortable with this system one of these days.

    timcouchpullsout is right though that he played a lot better last year in daboll's shit system and seems to be struggling in this version of the WCO.

    the WHOLE of the problem doesn't stem from mccoy but the new offense and it's designers. holmgren set us back another two years. instead of seeing what was good about last year and tweaking it a little. he wanted total control and total recognition as a football wizard and czar, he has to do it his way which no one knows is even viable anymore.

    as soon as they said new coach, new system i knew we were fxxked AGAIN for the next three years.

    this team struggled against a team most of you said we should blow out. same with cincy. you wanna see a real nfl football team? a championship football team? watch the green bay packers and tell me they would struggle against the seahawks, cincy or oakland? no comparison. WHEN do all you geniuses who are happy with today's win think we'll be able to compete with a team like that? WHEN???

    @miktoxic said:

    i like colt and think he's a winner BUT that doesn't mean he's an nfl qb. yes he's what we've got so we have to play him and he MIGHT become comfortable with this system one of these days.

    timcouchpullsout is right though that he played a lot better last year in daboll's shit system and seems to be struggling in this version of the WCO.

    the WHOLE of the problem doesn't stem from mccoy but the new offense and it's designers. holmgren set us back another two years. instead of seeing what was good about last year and tweaking it a little. he wanted total control and total recognition as a football wizard and czar, he has to do it his way which no one knows is even viable anymore.

    as soon as they said new coach, new system i knew we were fxxked AGAIN for the next three years.

    this team struggled against a team most of you said we should blow out. same with cincy. you wanna see a real nfl football team? a championship football team? watch the green bay packers and tell me they would struggle against the seahawks, cincy or oakland? no comparison. WHEN do all you geniuses who are happy with today's win think we'll be able to compete with a team like that? WHEN???

    True but an owner pays u that much money to fix his team why wouldn't u get the guys u want. I don't care if it sets us back five years if it keeps us from decades of frustration and losing

  • Nobody truely wants to see Colt benched, he's the best we have right now. But just like the WR's and OL, he's gonna get his criticism when he appears to be apart of the problem. You can say its a new offense and this and that, but were's the progress week to week? He's gotta show me he's getting better before I'm gonna say we shouldn't think about looking at QB's next year. I want him to be the guy for the next 10 years, but what has he shown you that says he should be? In this league you need a QB that can win games for you, not just a game manager. And that's all I really see in him, he can't make all the throws, and he doesn't threaten the defense. I see him as a guy that will eat clock with long drives and keep opposing offenses off the field, keep's the game close and gives you a chance to win at the end.

  • @choco said:

    Didn't u just say he's a winner tho?

    He hasn't shown me anything otherwise. Takes an ass whooping and gets back up and the other guys respect him on the team. No one won more games in college then this kid and u wanna bench him without a whole season under his belt. Tim Teabag is starting go root for him. ... Or better yet who should we have drafted or picked up or kept.

    @cdl15 said:

    He hasn't shown me anything otherwise. Takes an ass whooping and gets back up and the other guys respect him on the team. No one won more games in college then this kid and u wanna bench him without a whole season under his belt. Tim Teabag is starting go root for him. ... Or better yet who should we have drafted or picked up or kept.

    dude...just shut the xxxx up. hasn't shown you anything otherwise? well, he hasn't shown me he's a winner. he can do that by winning, and barely beating hapless teams doesn't go far in making the case.

    the closest i came to saying bench him was wondering out loud if wallace could be any worse. im fine with giving him the year so as to prove he can succeed in the league or not. this is not college in case you forgot....his performance there has no bearing or relevance to whether he can win in the NFL. all that does is make a large group of uninformed casual fans like him. take carlos for example...a longhorn homer that has every excuse under the sun as to why colt is struggling, which all pertain to the other 10 players on the offense.

    so now that the book is out on colt, his performances are getting worse. take away the short stuff, stop the run. pretty simple game plan to keep the old noodle in check. he's go great intangibles to go with a completely lackluster physique.

  • Lmao yea cause starting yet another qb controversy is the answer i guess homer. In my opinion we don't need to worry about colt until many more HOTTER fires are delt with first.

    With the exception of Wallace who has done nothing but prove he's a career back up who else would u bring in or of keep or drafted?

  • I wasn't calling out Colt's performance so much as pointing out obvious facts.

    He is not looking good in the WCO. We didn't and haven't won because of him, we've won because our defense has stepped up,

    I'm not saying he's not a winner, or a fighter or anything of that ilk. I'm simply saying what's obvious.

    You guys can stop getting all butthurt any day now.

  • @cdl15 said:

    He hasn't shown me anything otherwise. Takes an ass whooping and gets back up and the other guys respect him on the team. No one won more games in college then this kid and u wanna bench him without a whole season under his belt. Tim Teabag is starting go root for him. ... Or better yet who should we have drafted or picked up or kept.

    dude...just shut the xxxx up. hasn't shown you anything otherwise? well, he hasn't shown me he's a winner. he can do that by winning, and barely beating hapless teams doesn't go far in making the case.

    the closest i came to saying bench him was wondering out loud if wallace could be any worse. im fine with giving him the year so as to prove he can succeed in the league or not. this is not college in case you forgot....his performance there has no bearing or relevance to whether he can win in the NFL. all that does is make a large group of uninformed casual fans like him. take carlos for example...a longhorn homer that has every excuse under the sun as to why colt is struggling, which all pertain to the other 10 players on the offense.

    so now that the book is out on colt, his performances are getting worse. take away the short stuff, stop the run. pretty simple game plan to keep the old noodle in check. he's go great intangibles to go with a completely lackluster physique.

    @choco said:

    dude...just shut the xxxx up. hasn't shown you anything otherwise? well, he hasn't shown me he's a winner. he can do that by winning, and barely beating hapless teams doesn't go far in making the case.

    the closest i came to saying bench him was wondering out loud if wallace could be any worse. im fine with giving him the year so as to prove he can succeed in the league or not. this is not college in case you forgot....his performance there has no bearing or relevance to whether he can win in the NFL. all that does is make a large group of uninformed casual fans like him. take carlos for example...a longhorn homer that has every excuse under the sun as to why colt is struggling, which all pertain to the other 10 players on the offense.

    so now that the book is out on colt, his performances are getting worse. take away the short stuff, stop the run. pretty simple game plan to keep the old noodle in check. he's go great intangibles to go with a completely lackluster physique.

    brah I even said that he has made bad reads and passes and that its inexcusable. I could go back and find the thread where I wrote that, to quote it, but thats a lot of work and im watching the Rainjahs play in the World Series. The only real excuse I've made, as to why Colt is doing poorly at any given time is that he doesn't have much protection. He doesnt have playmakers either but im not the first to say that here and ive even said that its more about finding timing and getting reps in with the wideouts and OC than the talent. Rather than make excuses for him, I've tried listing the attributes that make him a good QB. You just have it out for him and you've made it your pet project to find the comments that I post and to refute them. Its cute in a little brother kind of way but also really gay. Thanks for mentioning my name though. . .makes me feel special. Truth is, you need to give your QB time. More than a season, and build around him. He's given you plenty of reasons to support him but you choose to look at the wrong things. That's cool because I know I can't convince you otherwise. You dont look at how he plays the game, you look at the stats and see a bad QB. That's what you see and you're entitled to that. Have you played football? No offense but the way he plays football is what makes me back him up as a QB. I see potential for him to win for the Browns. I know yall have lost a lot, but you dont just shit on a QB who hasn't even gotten a full season under his belt yet.

  • @miktoxic said:

    i like colt and think he's a winner BUT that doesn't mean he's an nfl qb. yes he's what we've got so we have to play him and he MIGHT become comfortable with this system one of these days.

    timcouchpullsout is right though that he played a lot better last year in daboll's shit system and seems to be struggling in this version of the WCO.

    the WHOLE of the problem doesn't stem from mccoy but the new offense and it's designers. holmgren set us back another two years. instead of seeing what was good about last year and tweaking it a little. he wanted total control and total recognition as a football wizard and czar, he has to do it his way which no one knows is even viable anymore.

    as soon as they said new coach, new system i knew we were fxxked AGAIN for the next three years.

    this team struggled against a team most of you said we should blow out. same with cincy. you wanna see a real nfl football team? a championship football team? watch the green bay packers and tell me they would struggle against the seahawks, cincy or oakland? no comparison. WHEN do all you geniuses who are happy with today's win think we'll be able to compete with a team like that? WHEN???

    True but an owner pays u that much money to fix his team why wouldn't u get the guys u want. I don't care if it sets us back five years if it keeps us from decades of frustration and losing

    @cdl15 said:

    I don't care if it sets us back five years if it keeps us from decades of frustration and losing

    decades of frustration and losing, yes that's what we've had. five years? how old are you? let;s see we've been promised five year plans from the owner and his lackies for what 30 years now? how many have we actually seen make it past 3 years. so holmgren is the exception? why, exactly?

  • @choco said:

    dude...just shut the xxxx up. hasn't shown you anything otherwise? well, he hasn't shown me he's a winner. he can do that by winning, and barely beating hapless teams doesn't go far in making the case.

    the closest i came to saying bench him was wondering out loud if wallace could be any worse. im fine with giving him the year so as to prove he can succeed in the league or not. this is not college in case you forgot....his performance there has no bearing or relevance to whether he can win in the NFL. all that does is make a large group of uninformed casual fans like him. take carlos for example...a longhorn homer that has every excuse under the sun as to why colt is struggling, which all pertain to the other 10 players on the offense.

    so now that the book is out on colt, his performances are getting worse. take away the short stuff, stop the run. pretty simple game plan to keep the old noodle in check. he's go great intangibles to go with a completely lackluster physique.

    brah I even said that he has made bad reads and passes and that its inexcusable. I could go back and find the thread where I wrote that, to quote it, but thats a lot of work and im watching the Rainjahs play in the World Series. The only real excuse I've made, as to why Colt is doing poorly at any given time is that he doesn't have much protection. He doesnt have playmakers either but im not the first to say that here and ive even said that its more about finding timing and getting reps in with the wideouts and OC than the talent. Rather than make excuses for him, I've tried listing the attributes that make him a good QB. You just have it out for him and you've made it your pet project to find the comments that I post and to refute them. Its cute in a little brother kind of way but also really gay. Thanks for mentioning my name though. . .makes me feel special. Truth is, you need to give your QB time. More than a season, and build around him. He's given you plenty of reasons to support him but you choose to look at the wrong things. That's cool because I know I can't convince you otherwise. You dont look at how he plays the game, you look at the stats and see a bad QB. That's what you see and you're entitled to that. Have you played football? No offense but the way he plays football is what makes me back him up as a QB. I see potential for him to win for the Browns. I know yall have lost a lot, but you dont just shit on a QB who hasn't even gotten a full season under his belt yet.

    @carlos said:

    brah im watching the Rainjahs play in the World Series

    who cares. i guess you'll be pissed when the 'rainjahs' lose 2 years in a row.

    you said you're not even a 'huge' browns fan. so why are u here?

  • ^i told you that...his man-love for our noodle armed QB.

  • when I say im not a huge fan, I mean they're not my hometeam. But I've been following the Browns since colt got picked up and I always follow NFL football. Im here for the same reason as everybody else, to chat about browns football. As for the Rangers, well see.

  • @choco said:

    dude...just shut the xxxx up. hasn't shown you anything otherwise? well, he hasn't shown me he's a winner. he can do that by winning, and barely beating hapless teams doesn't go far in making the case.

    the closest i came to saying bench him was wondering out loud if wallace could be any worse. im fine with giving him the year so as to prove he can succeed in the league or not. this is not college in case you forgot....his performance there has no bearing or relevance to whether he can win in the NFL. all that does is make a large group of uninformed casual fans like him. take carlos for example...a longhorn homer that has every excuse under the sun as to why colt is struggling, which all pertain to the other 10 players on the offense.

    so now that the book is out on colt, his performances are getting worse. take away the short stuff, stop the run. pretty simple game plan to keep the old noodle in check. he's go great intangibles to go with a completely lackluster physique.

    brah I even said that he has made bad reads and passes and that its inexcusable. I could go back and find the thread where I wrote that, to quote it, but thats a lot of work and im watching the Rainjahs play in the World Series. The only real excuse I've made, as to why Colt is doing poorly at any given time is that he doesn't have much protection. He doesnt have playmakers either but im not the first to say that here and ive even said that its more about finding timing and getting reps in with the wideouts and OC than the talent. Rather than make excuses for him, I've tried listing the attributes that make him a good QB. You just have it out for him and you've made it your pet project to find the comments that I post and to refute them. Its cute in a little brother kind of way but also really gay. Thanks for mentioning my name though. . .makes me feel special. Truth is, you need to give your QB time. More than a season, and build around him. He's given you plenty of reasons to support him but you choose to look at the wrong things. That's cool because I know I can't convince you otherwise. You dont look at how he plays the game, you look at the stats and see a bad QB. That's what you see and you're entitled to that. Have you played football? No offense but the way he plays football is what makes me back him up as a QB. I see potential for him to win for the Browns. I know yall have lost a lot, but you dont just shit on a QB who hasn't even gotten a full season under his belt yet.

    @carlos said:

    brah I even said that he has made bad reads and passes and that its inexcusable. I could go back and find the thread where I wrote that, to quote it, but thats a lot of work and im watching the Rainjahs play in the World Series. The only real excuse I've made, as to why Colt is doing poorly at any given time is that he doesn't have much protection. He doesnt have playmakers either but im not the first to say that here and ive even said that its more about finding timing and getting reps in with the wideouts and OC than the talent. Rather than make excuses for him, I've tried listing the attributes that make him a good QB. You just have it out for him and you've made it your pet project to find the comments that I post and to refute them. Its cute in a little brother kind of way but also really gay. Thanks for mentioning my name though. . .makes me feel special. Truth is, you need to give your QB time. More than a season, and build around him. He's given you plenty of reasons to support him but you choose to look at the wrong things. That's cool because I know I can't convince you otherwise. You dont look at how he plays the game, you look at the stats and see a bad QB. That's what you see and you're entitled to that. Have you played football? No offense but the way he plays football is what makes me back him up as a QB. I see potential for him to win for the Browns. I know yall have lost a lot, but you dont just shit on a QB who hasn't even gotten a full season under his belt yet.

    Carlos, I'm not one of those bury Colt now- he sucks guys. But I am starting to get concerned. You can say he isn't getting adequate protection, but even on his three step drops of late he's been- to put it kindly- wildly erratic. Definitely regressed from last year. His first couple of passes against the Seahawks were bad throws- period.

    Not exactly seeing the field well- throwing into coverage when he has someone else wide open. Another what the f*** int, and he would have had two if Little hadn't made a great breakup of another throw that shouldn't have been made.

    I've left the most glaring problem for last. Teams are blitzing the hell out of Colt- and he's either not seeing it, or if he is, not checking down into the correct play to beat it. Kosar made a living out of sending a receiver into the area an opposing team was blitzing from, and made them pay dearly for trying it.

    Finally, Ponder and Dalton to my mind just have the look (and arm) of an NFL caliber qb. Remains to be seen if Colt can overcome that lack of zip he has on his passes. I hope he can, if Colt fails it sure won't be from lack of effort on his part.

  • when I say im not a huge fan, I mean they're not my hometeam. But I've been following the Browns since colt got picked up and I always follow NFL football. Im here for the same reason as everybody else, to chat about browns football. As for the Rangers, well see.

    @carlos said:

    But I've been following the Browns since colt got picked up and I always follow NFL football.

    well most of us have followed the browns before they picked up colt not because of it. which means you've trolled here for the last 2 years cuz of colt and his ties to UofT football. that's cool and all. i'm not a colt hater BUT i'm also not a colt blow boy.

    i hope he does well=browns do well. it remains to be seen.

    just the way you post on this forum sometimes can rub a mfer the wrong way. don't come in here all pompous assed with the texas orange acting like you've got time with THIS team cuz it's obvious you don't. texas football...yeah it's great and all but ohio football ain't half bad either.

  • I've been following the Browns ever since they came back and I was too young to be following them before they left. 12 whole years buddy and I'll tell you that Colt so far has only shown me that his accuracy has gotten worse. I'll agree he hasn't had a lot of time this year, but on the plays that he has, he has either gotten early happy feet, or he has thrown horribly inaccurate passes while under zero pressure. Compare that to last year when he could throw the ball on a line 20 yards down field just over top the LB's and hit Watson on a dime right in his hands right where he needs it to this year when someone will be running a drag route with his guy beet by a yard and Colt is throwing and hitting his guys on their back shoulders. I hope he fixes it, but if not here comes a 1st round QB pick.

  • I want him to succeed obviously because if Colt is good, chances are pretty good that the Browns are winning games. It also would allow us to draft other areas of need and not have to worry about QB. All that said, I have concerns that he's just not that good. He's ok and would make a great backup who can come in and play decently in spurts but is not the guy who can carry the team to the playoffs.

    I'm hoping he turns it around this year but he does seem to be getting worse as the season goes on instead of better. And if he's not getting worse, he sure as hell isn't getting better.